6-A Mods Discussion

Replies

• Jakdnels
    787 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    A QoL improvement to mod management would be nice to go along with this...
  • Options
    Baruch22 wrote: »
    I am reading through some of the comments and while it appears most people thus far are somewhat happy with the result, I hear an undertone of settling for less. This seems to be the constant theme. This isn’t big news . This isn’t exciting news. It feels like a necessary evil that we have all come to expect as the price we need to pay to play a game we like. Games are supposed to be fun - this isn’t fun. This is like more pain in the butt farming. I don’t play this game to farm. I play this game to kick butt with characters I like. I don’t think we should settle - I wish we could just say no thank you - how about you give us something we want instead of this.

You mean like the kits for the GL's? lol.. nah CG is trolling us hard. Saying hey don't even worrya bout this thing, the next big thing is here! We didn't even get the other big thing yet.. well I guess it's content.

• Options
    I really like the idea, that stats can't stuck more then (5) times and at the same time other secondaries are going to be more valuable. Awesome!
  • Options
    Can’t wait to use all daily refreshes and get one or 2 of the pieces I need at best. Guess they wanted to make everyone farm something they didn’t want since not everyone is going for GL.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Can’t wait to use all daily refreshes and get one or 2 of the pieces I need at best. Guess they wanted to make everyone farm something they didn’t want since not everyone is going for GL.

They stated they will come from GC so refreshing not needed
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »

They stated they will come from GC so refreshing not needed

Seeing as how we only get rewards one time a run and the GC isn’t there all week that makes it worse in most cases.
  • Options
    Just a predictive timeline:

- In the beginning they will be exclusive to GCs in an attempt to make it popular and milk whales by creating a rush to max all of them.
    - This will cause spenders to get even more ahead in terms of full mod roster/god mod counts.
    - At some point we'll start to flatten as many players will be able to god mod the most important 2-3 teams at the time. No idea about timeline.
    - There will be packs 5-6 months later on as well as somewhat f2p farmable other spots.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    Just wondering... What happen to increasing the farming nodes? Or they are there for show?

So now this galatic challenge has become another stress point? Also the challenge has been made harder recently with "better rewards"

Feel sorry for us the FTP who has to struggle with this for months. And this is not just 1 level increase, this is 5 lvl increase. As if 6 dot mods are easy to find...

Are they even listening?
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    This is stupid and ill timed. They’re adding more stuff to farm when we need relief from the gear crunch. Now instead they choose to add more.

@CG_SBCrumb @CG_TopHat this isn’t what we want. Here’s what we want....

-GC’s running back to back
    -Kit reveals for the new GL’a
    - Added Tiers to daily challenges rewarding high demand gear
    - Relief from the gear crunch that was promised almost a year ago.
    - A new raid
    - More PVE table nodes
    - More ship nodes
    - Actual playable content.

Dear lord how gone deaf can you guys continue to be?

All that stuff would be nice, I agree. However, I would counter the “ill-timed” argument by saying they’re not on nodes, they’re from Galactic Challenges, so you won’t have to stop your normal farms for the mk2 slicing mats. It’s not really any more inconvenient than Raddus/Finalizer blueprints coming twice a month.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    Funny how they released the info on upgrading 6* mods when all everyone wants to know is the new GL kits.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    This is stupid and ill timed. They’re adding more stuff to farm when we need relief from the gear crunch. Now instead they choose to add more.

- A new raid
    - More PVE table nodes
    - More ship nodes

All that stuff would be nice, I agree. However, I would counter the “ill-timed” argument by saying they’re not on nodes, they’re from Galactic Challenges, so you won’t have to stop your normal farms for the mk2 slicing mats. It’s not really any more inconvenient than Raddus/Finalizer blueprints coming twice a month.

And you know they will have packs, don't you worry things will level out eventually but you know an opportunity to cash in will not be missed.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options

- A new raid
    - More PVE table nodes
    - More ship nodes

That's the point!! Why not in nodes? **** if they are serious abt it... Make it a double farm!!

Now this is just trash that "stalls" people for Galatic challenge goes for what 3 days?
  • Options
    This will help some people and hurt others based on previous modding strategies. Those who focused on stats beyond speed are going to be sitting pretty.

I do have a SET with pretty decent defense mods that could roll more. I'm happy about that at least. :)
  • Options
    I think this is a good thing. Definitely gonna even things out for PVE content and provide us more opportunities to get better resources in TBs
  • Options
    I've actually advocated for mods to have this capability - specifically including the cap of 4 on increases - because of LS Geo TB in particular. Being 7*, r7 isn't enough in most cases. Imagine trying to go through those battles with 6x5E mods on each of your characters & you understand what I'm saying.

But of course you need multiple things -speed, offense, survivability - to make all this work. So what to do? You hold the line on max increases but allow more total increases and you get a single mod that can do more than one job.

So this is a tool that is needed, and has been needed for about a year now, and I won't complain that it's here.

That said, I'm very disappointed that GCs are the mechanism being used to distribute these mods, and in particular the use of GC feats. CG has shown repeatedly that they are doing very poorly with these designs. The ease with which SLKR completes the event designed for Resistance to shine is only the most obvious case on point.

As for the inability of any player to use crystals to get these mats more quickly well. I'm agnostic about that. It limits the ability of whales to jump ahead of others, but it also limits my ability to use my high crystal income to catch up to whales, and most importantly it limits the ability of anyone to get multiple teams together for LS Geo TB where these mods are actually needed. (Before you say PvP - obviously they weren't needed for PVP. If 2 weeks from now they backtracked and got rid of 6D-6A & we'd be right where we are today and PvP wouldn't be any harder at all.)

I have zero god mods. I'll likely get my first 25+ speed mod because of this change. Plus my 20+ speed mods will likely add offense or survivability or both, which are still needed for LS Geo and the high-end ABs and GCs. But I'm not happy about this. I need 6x5 = 30 mods to outfit a single squad, and I need to outfit 5 squads for LS Geo alone. That's 150 mods. Will I be done with that minimum task 6 months from now? I doubt it, but I'm willing to wait for the facts to come in.

Until then, I remain of the opinion that this is a change that was necessary a year ago for LS TB and that GC is probably the wrong distribution vehicle since that means we will be unlikely to make much progress on equipping our LS Geo squads for far too many months yet.

• Options
    Can't wait to see these materials tied to insane GC feats.
  • Options
    Can’t wait to delete all my mods
  • Options
    Lol
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    Seriously, I just wanna know their thoughts. What is the function for these mods? For New raid? What is the idea behind it and how this ease the farming?
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »

- In the beginning they will be exclusive to GCs in an attempt to make it popular and milk whales by creating a rush to max all of them.
    - This will cause spenders to get even more ahead in terms of full mod roster/god mod counts.
    - At some point we'll start to flatten as many players will be able to god mod the most important 2-3 teams at the time. No idea about timeline.
    - There will be packs 5-6 months later on as well as somewhat f2p farmable other spots.

Silly rabbit there will packs day one
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Looooki wrote: »
    Seriously, I just wanna know their thoughts. What is the function for these mods? For New raid? What is the idea behind it and how this ease the farming?

It is to get to the 10mil+ gp mark for LS Geo TB maxed stars
  • Options

Naw, seriously don't think so. Scarcity and gratification afterwards is the best revenue stream for cg. Make whales relic up random things first to get ahead.
  • Options
    Here's hoping CG isn't stingy with Mk2 salvage drops...but we all know how that will go....
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options

Naw, seriously don't think so. Scarcity and gratification afterwards is the best revenue stream for cg. Make whales relic up random things first to get ahead.

When I am right I will make sure to come back with a I told you so, when I am wrong... Well that ain't kitten happening 😂
  • Options
    Can't wait to see these materials tied to insane GC feats.

as a jawa heal 1,000,000,000 health in 1 turn
  • Options

When I am right I will make sure to come back with a I told you so, when I am wrong... Well that ain't kitten happening 😂

Lmao, you're welcome. It's fine if you're right.
  • Options
    I hate mods and I really hope this doesn't make it all the worse.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    This is stupid and ill timed.

Here’s what we want....

- A new raid

No. This isn't what 'we' want. I want you guys to shut up about adding something like that.

Seconded

A new raid will be an awful experience