6-A Mods Discussion

Replies

• Options
    Monomer wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    And lol at everyone who is complaining about a "new farm" when it's nothing of the sort.

Lol at people who think it isn’t.

Words means things.

This is not a farm.

You get them via feats. That means you need to have certain factions/teams at certain levels to obtain them, meaning farms are needed to obtain them. I figured that was obvious.

By that definition any new content will be a farm since it will require newer characters or high gear to beat.

Content is something you play, not something you obtain. Unless you’re talking about things like galactic legends as content, in which case yes I would call that a farm.

The comment I replied to suggested HC rewards were a farm for the mod slicing material because you had to gear up teams to beat them.

Any new content would require newer units or teams to be geared. It always had. I never called new characters releases new content. But GC is content whether you like it or not. But I disagreed with the comment that it was a farm.

Hope that clears things up.
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    This is stupid and ill timed. They’re adding more stuff to farm when we need relief from the gear crunch. Now instead they choose to add more.

@CG_SBCrumb @CG_TopHat this isn’t what we want. Here’s what we want....

-GC’s running back to back
    -Kit reveals for the new GL’a
    - Added Tiers to daily challenges rewarding high demand gear
    - Relief from the gear crunch that was promised almost a year ago.
    - A new raid
    - More PVE table nodes
    - More ship nodes
    - Actual playable content.

Dear lord how gone deaf can you guys continue to be?

Wow wow man calm down, they had your attention at "Stupid" but you lost them at "Stuff"
  • Options
    Saw this on Reddit.

mtdte9okg51r.jpg
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    this is just mods 2.0 all over again (3.0 this time) where we roll the slot machine again in hopes of not screwing our good mods into mediocrity
    example:
    rxcth69w2w1g.png
    these are 2 pretty awesome hybrid mods for my JKL (wish the circle had prot primary but can't have it all) but now I'll have to hope for the 50:50's again - as Bulldog pointed out: it might be easier to get the (5) on a certain secondary (speed duh) but way harder to get the new god mod standard, the double (5) mods with stuff like 25+ speed and 7.5+% offense

overall it might not be that bad for the future (LS Geo TB for example) but hell, this was veeery low on my wish list - there are a million things that I'd like to see implemented i the game first
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    Legend91 wrote: »
    this is just mods 2.0 all over again (3.0 this time) where we roll the slot machine again in hopes of not screwing our good mods into mediocrity
    example:
    rxcth69w2w1g.png
    these are 2 pretty awesome hybrid mods for my JKL (wish the circle had prot primary but can't have it all) but now I'll have to hope for the 50:50's again - as Bulldog pointed out: it might be easier to get the (5) on a certain secondary (speed duh) but way harder to get the new god mod standard, the double (5) mods with stuff like 25+ speed and 7.5+% offense

overall it might not be that bad for the future (LS Geo TB for example) but hell, this was veeery low on my wish list - there are a million things that I'd like to see implemented i the game first

Don't see why you think your good mods will become mediocre. On the contrary those are the ones you'll focus on upgrading just like anyone else. We won't have hundreds of 6b-d mods as most don't even have too many 6e mods either. Those speed/offense stacks you have are awesome. You would want at least 2 hits on speed and/or offense which you will get by average luck (as hitting 2 out of 4 stats is %50). Even if those 2 doesn't become godspeed mods as a result, they will become better mods (unless the off chance no hits on speed/offense happens). I don't agree with the 2.0 all over again interpretation.

To me it's exciting since this is where my previous careful investment into mods will start paying off in spades. I have 199 15+ speeds where at least half of them are good stacks. Also got most of my good mods into 6e (219) via months of only doing that while people were rolling new ones. So will get a head start there. Of course none of this is comparable to a whale's mod roster which I'm no competition for...in mods 1.0, 2.0, 3.0.
  • Options
    The big question is will order matter? If stats increase at the same level 5e->5a as they do 6e->6a, then those boosts from 5a to 6e would make uneven mods (and devalue mods that have 4 speed rolls cause speed doesn't change when going from 5 to 6)... If the stats scale so that 6e-6a increases the same amount as the 5a to 6e jump (ie, offense is range from 5e->5a x 202%) then it won't matter the order of upgrades.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    I hope all the people that bought those mod packs that had 6 speed on them at start but never rolled up once have better luck with upgrading them later.
  • Options
    Are people saying that a fleet with toons full 6A mods will be as powerful as a fleet with full 6E mods?
  • Options
    Are people saying that a fleet with toons full 6A mods will be as powerful as a fleet with full 6E mods?

Can't say for sure, but as far as i know, there is no difference if your pilot is carrying 5A or 5E, so.. it should be the same for 6.
  • scuba
    14164 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options

One of the first things I will be looking at when released, I need to go thru and look at ship gp calc again, I don't remember if mod tier affects GP of ship.
    I believe it does so will be interesting to see ship gp go up with 0 stat increase
  • Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Snowbird13 wrote: »
    7o1uc2snz980.png
    @MetaThumper this was posted in another thread. Max percent for offense 8.46% on a 6e

Does %2.86 to %8.46 jump come from 5*-6* upgrade? Even having %6 is a serious amount. Defense %/offense % will be king with 4 bumps.

Yes it would. These are the values for increases for each secondary when going from 5dot to 6dot here. And that's my question. If I roll another offense% on that mod I've shown above, does it get this increase or just the standard bump being only .5% as shown in the chart you were looking at.1zfiprl7xrch.jpg
  • Options
    7o1uc2snz980.png
    @MetaThumper this was posted in another thread. Max percent for offense 8.46% on a 6e

Does %2.86 to %8.46 jump come from 5*-6* upgrade? Even having %6 is a serious amount. Defense %/offense % will be king with 4 bumps.

Yes it would. These are the values for increases for each secondary when going from 5dot to 6dot here. And that's my question. If I roll another offense% on that mod I've shown above, does it get this increase or just the standard bump being only .5% as shown in the chart you were looking at.1zfiprl7xrch.jpg

From Kyno's response, it's the 2nd. If it was the first the expansion for mods that went all the way would be huuuge. This also coincides with the amount of mats needed to push a mod from 6e to 6d (the only thing we've seen so far). I understand even this little amount of new mats will be quite exclusive for a while, but compare them to the amount of things needed for 5a-6e.

So...if all I said is right, not many mods will justify going to 6a after they get 4 speed bumps, only extremely good stacked ones where all hits will be considered a benefit.
  • Options
    I will say on the Ships point, I think we all know 7E will come at some point. Probably soon.
  • Options
    7o1uc2snz980.png

From Kyno's response, it's the 2nd. If it was the first the expansion for mods that went all the way would be huuuge. This also coincides with the amount of mats needed to push a mod from 6e to 6d (the only thing we've seen so far). I understand even this little amount of new mats will be quite exclusive for a while, but compare them to the amount of things needed for 5a-6e.

So...if all I said is right, not many mods will justify going to 6a after they get 4 speed bumps, only extremely good stacked ones where all hits will be considered a benefit.

Yeah if that's the case this is more in line with just an attempt to try and help those unfortunate mods that were a little unlucky with some speed bumps for the most part. At least they don't require any energy to farm I'm ok with that I guess.
  • Options
    I wonder how much the new mod tiers will impact Fleet? O_o

(Especially for people that run Malevolence, which relies on non-crewed ships, without the opportunity to upgrade mods...)
  • TVF
    36759 posts Member
    Options
    Vendraen wrote: »

(Especially for people that run Malevolence, which relies on non-crewed ships, without the opportunity to upgrade mods...)

It seems very unlikely that it will impact fleet at all.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

How can it not? If you don't 6-A your pilots, and others do... you're at a huge disadvantage.

Like when you face an opponent that hasn't 6-dotted his current mods, while you have... it makes a huge difference. Mods = crew power = how well ships perform!

• TVF
    36759 posts Member
    Options

How can it not? If you don't 6-A your pilots, and others do... you're at a huge disadvantage.

Like when you face an opponent that hasn't 6-dotted his current mods, while you have... it makes a huge difference. Mods = crew power = how well ships perform!

Because going from 5e to 5a makes no difference, so why would from 6e to 6a?
  • Options

Might be a very slight impact, there is a difference (not in speed) but to the stats such as Offense/Health/Protection of the ship that goes up ever so slightly from 5E to 5A and then a big bump when 6E obviously.
  • TVF
    36759 posts Member
    Options
    Fhoenix wrote: »

Might be a very slight impact, there is a difference (not in speed) but to the stats such as Offense/Health/Protection of the ship that goes up ever so slightly from 5E to 5A

Are you sure about that? I had thought it affected GP but not stats.
  • Options

Might be a very slight impact, there is a difference (not in speed) but to the stats such as Offense/Health/Protection of the ship that goes up ever so slightly from 5E to 5A

Hmmm. I think I have some crap pilots with crap mods I can test it on...

• Options

False alarm/fake news/hoax!

I just tested it - going from 5-Grey to 5-Green had no change, ditto for green to blue and blue to purple.

So yeah, false alarm! Nothing to see here!
  • Options

I am, I just swapped mods around on Anakin and screenshot each one. (I don't have any 5e) I put on 5C, 5B,5A, and 6E. the stats did move from crew adding a little more HP/Offense/Protection etc..
  • Options

False alarm/fake news/hoax!

I just tested it - going from 5-Grey to 5-Green had no change, ditto for green to blue and blue to purple.

So yeah, false alarm! Nothing to see here!

ok, .. I just looked as well and the ships did change. Does it matter with sets?
  • Fhoenix
    191 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    lol.. ok so @TVF @Vendraen interestingly.. the blue (last image) is the same as gold (second) and purple( third) is different.. not sure what to think..

3ydfhhesg7dn.png
    9x78ycd7p4t3.png
    q9avgpdxah8l.png
    hsbczm1hyq2j.png

• Options
    lol.. ok so qmdfarwswdee.png
    @TVF @Vendraen interestingly.. the blue (last image) is the same as gold (second) and purple( third) is different.. not sure what to think..

Your images are too tiny to read.

My testing showed no change from going from a grey 5-dot mod to a green one, and no change to go to blue or purple either. I checked only Health, Prot, Speed, and Damage.
  • Fhoenix
    191 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    I am failing at the forum today.. these images won't scale right

edited so you can see
  • Options
    I am failing at the forum today.. these images won't scale right

edited so you can see

C being higher than B makes no sense; are you sure you didn't make a mistake somewhere?

• Fhoenix
    191 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    https://youtu.be/GCu0H27f5GY

Here I decided to do a video this time, so you can stop and look at each one and see why I am confused.

Guess maybe I did a different set? (86674) I have no idea how I got the other set to have a slightly different number.