Replies

• scuba
    14071 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

This will likely be corrected, there is no 7 max on speed

This is what I suspected was possible with speed after seeing the larger bumps for offense and other stars in tier 6.

When will this be changed? before people start leveling more mods and hitting 7 speed secondary bumps in tier 6... Hopefully otherwise it gives the 1st batch of players to have an advantage over everyone else if cg changes this in a month or two that's worse than leaving it broken. I mean if I hit 7 speed I surely wouldn't post it just keep quiet is the best individual approach. If they change it later then I have a permanent advantage.

You misunderstood, the website will be changed. There is no upgrade of 7.

It has already been updated
  • Options

This is what I suspected was possible with speed after seeing the larger bumps for offense and other stars in tier 6.

When will this be changed? before people start leveling more mods and hitting 7 speed secondary bumps in tier 6... Hopefully otherwise it gives the 1st batch of players to have an advantage over everyone else if cg changes this in a month or two that's worse than leaving it broken. I mean if I hit 7 speed I surely wouldn't post it just keep quiet is the best individual approach. If they change it later then I have a permanent advantage.

So the buffs at tiers 6 E-A are better (compared to 5 E - A) for every single other stat except speed? Speed was the one Stat that devs did not increase the bump at tier 6

For example a mod that already hit offense % to (5) on tier 5 has a max secondary offense of 2.8% and is listed at offense % (5)

but if it didn't hit and buffs to secondary offense % until tier 6 then it hit all offense on tier 6 it has a max secondary offense of 8.501%

This means all the mods with speed (5) by 5A will remain the best mods Stat wise since they all will have bigger gains to secondary stats compared to any mods that hit missed speed during tier 5 upgrade and hit speed in tier 6 upgrades.

It seems odd to me that every secondary Stat increases at a larger rate scale in tier 6, except speed. The devs would have had to specifically modify speed bumps in tier 6 to limit the rng result of the speed upgrade to 6 speed so it remains the same as tier 5 upgrades. This would be an unprecedented level of develoler foresight that we have never seen before just to limit 1 speed off.

Do you know for a fact that devs preemptively specifically limited the buffs for tier 6 speed upgrades to match tier 5 speed upgrades and did so ONLY for speed upgrades?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

So the buffs at tiers 6 E-A are better (compared to 5 E - A) for every single other stat except speed? Speed was the one Stat that devs did not increase the bump at tier 6

For example a mod that already hit offense % to (5) on tier 5 has a max secondary offense of 2.8% and is listed at offense % (5)

but if it didn't hit and buffs to secondary offense % until tier 6 then it hit all offense on tier 6 it has a max secondary offense of 8.501%

This means all the mods with speed (5) by 5A will remain the best mods Stat wise since they all will have bigger gains to secondary stats compared to any mods that hit missed speed during tier 5 upgrade and hit speed in tier 6 upgrades.

It seems odd to me that every secondary Stat increases at a larger rate scale in tier 6, except speed. The devs would have had to specifically modify speed bumps in tier 6 to limit the rng result of the speed upgrade to 6 speed so it remains the same as tier 5 upgrades. This would be an unprecedented level of develoler foresight that we have never seen before just to limit 1 speed off.

Do you know for a fact that devs preemptively specifically limited the buffs for tier 6 speed upgrades to match tier 5 speed upgrades and did so ONLY for speed upgrades?

I dont know, I will ask, but they generally dont confirm things like that.

I guess it would be a little odd, but it's only 1 speed, so it seems less odd than if they did it for any other stat.
  • Options

I guess it would be a little odd, but it's only 1 speed, so it seems less odd than if they did it for any other stat.

Yes just one speed * 4 upgrades which is only 4 overall.

This being a big deal or not is debatable sure... but speed has always been king of mods and has determined several metas.

Knowing what is intended by devs on the most crucial stat is important because speed max on mods impacts farming strategy and it would be extremely disappointing if speed could hit 7 for the first 3 months then they "fix" it in an update.

That is what I really want to avoid for the overall health of the game.

Thanks.
  • scuba
    14071 posts Member
    Options

This being a big deal or not is debatable sure... but speed has always been king of mods and has determined several metas.

Knowing what is intended by devs on the most crucial stat is important because speed max on mods impacts farming strategy and it would be extremely disappointing if speed could hit 7 for the first 3 months then they "fix" it in an update.

Thanks.

Pretty sure they went through once and adjusted some mods because they had stats they shouldn't.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Thanks.

Speed is definitely important, "its intention" being limited to 6 max is not, because if it is, it's just the way it is....

The max is 6, any intentions have no effect on that or farming. There is nothing to "fix"....
  • Options

Thanks.

Speed is definitely important, "its intention" being limited to 6 max is not, because if it is, it's just the way it is....

The max is 6, any intentions have no effect on that or farming. There is nothing to "fix"....

The reason I brought up their intention was to clarify how it should work and mods are important, especially since if max speed bump is 6 then speed is the only stat that doesn't increase at a higher rate in tier 6.
    So that's important for players to know especially since it's different that what u posted in the chart. And it doesn't follow the same patters as every other secondary Stat.

clearly if you say 6 is the max then they intended 6 to be the max because it's the only Stat that doesn't go up at a higher rate in tier 6... I really don't know what all the crafty working is about.

This just means that mods that already have speed (5) will be the best to upgrade through tier 6 since they can take advantage of the higher tier 6 buffs (tier 6 speed is exempt meaning limited to 6 even in tier 6). Taking advantage of the fact that all the other stats like offense and offense % get larger buffs in tier 6 compared to tier 5 buffs.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Thanks.

The reason I brought up their intention was to clarify how it should work and mods are important, especially since if max speed bump is 6 then speed is the only stat that doesn't increase at a higher rate in tier 6.
    So that's important for players to know especially since it's different that what u posted in the chart. And it doesn't follow the same patters as every other secondary Stat.

clearly if you say 6 is the max then they intended 6 to be the max because it's the only Stat that doesn't go up at a higher rate in tier 6... I really don't know what all the crafty working is about.

This just means that mods that already have speed (5) will be the best to upgrade through tier 6 since they can take advantage of the higher tier 6 buffs (tier 6 speed is exempt meaning limited to 6 even in tier 6). Taking advantage of the fact that all the other stats like offense and offense % get larger buffs in tier 6 compared to tier 5 buffs.

How it should work is 6 is the max speed upgrade, how it does work, 6 is the max speed upgrade.

It is absolutely important for the players to know that.

The players who made th chart made a mistake, you can discuss that with them.

The devs intent doesnt change that and has no bearing on that, I get that you want to know, but if they say nothing, it changes nothing and knowing thier intent doesnt change anything for the players.
  • Options
    I personally don’t like the new mods because it is tied to GC. Every time they say they are going to fix the gear crunch they create something else to farm. The TB currency was supposed to be used for gear and then we had to hoard it for Malak and GAS. Same thing for the second type with the Malevolence and Negotiator. Does anyone feel comfortable spending that on gear even if you have finished the current farms?

So CG says it will halo the gear crunch and yes separately, says they will bring new content. You hope for daily rewards of gear. Instead you get 4 times a months of very little gear and new materials to slice mods.

It is not that the new mods are bad. It is that the way the new mods were rolled out is terrible. No one was asking for this. So of course this is what CG does. Expecting anything productive from CG would be ****.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Forgive me for not being excited. Mod management is already a chore. In-game mod management tools are rudimentary, at best. Adding more farming and work to a part of the game that was already like work.... :/

Of all of the things the developers could have been working on, you went with this, huh?

I think the old "do they actually play their own game?" question is being answered clearly by this and the GC rewards.

We have in-game mod management tools?
  • scuba
    14071 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Just a predictive timeline:

- In the beginning they will be exclusive to GCs in an attempt to make it popular and milk whales by creating a rush to max all of them.
    - This will cause spenders to get even more ahead in terms of full mod roster/god mod counts.
    - At some point we'll start to flatten as many players will be able to god mod the most important 2-3 teams at the time. No idea about timeline.
    - There will be packs 5-6 months later on as well as somewhat f2p farmable other spots.

Silly rabbit there will packs day one

Naw, seriously don't think so. Scarcity and gratification afterwards is the best revenue stream for cg. Make whales relic up random things first to get ahead.

When I am right I will make sure to come back with a I told you so, when I am wrong... Well that ain't kitten happening 😂

I have come back to hang my head and admitt I was wrong @MaruMaru . :(
  • Options
    Just a predictive timeline:

- In the beginning they will be exclusive to GCs in an attempt to make it popular and milk whales by creating a rush to max all of them.
    - This will cause spenders to get even more ahead in terms of full mod roster/god mod counts.
    - At some point we'll start to flatten as many players will be able to god mod the most important 2-3 teams at the time. No idea about timeline.
    - There will be packs 5-6 months later on as well as somewhat f2p farmable other spots.

Silly rabbit there will packs day one

Naw, seriously don't think so. Scarcity and gratification afterwards is the best revenue stream for cg. Make whales relic up random things first to get ahead.

When I am right I will make sure to come back with a I told you so, when I am wrong... Well that ain't kitten happening 😂

I have come back to hang my head and admitt I was wrong @MaruMaru . :(

They will surely sell it some point. What people generally fail to see in the -cg is greedy- argument is that cg profits more if they allow the scarcity perception settle first.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

I also saw someone hit a 3.

It's Iike carbanti from the challenge....3 is possible.... 7...eh, not so much. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options

It's Iike carbanti from the challenge....3 is possible.... 7...eh, not so much. ;)
    7 is possible... in the same way that enough monkeys with typewriters could eventually write Hamlet. :D
  • Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

7 is possible... in the same way that enough monkeys with typewriters could eventually write Hamlet. :D

Would 350k monkeys be enough? xD
  • Options
    350k dollars might be enough.
  • TVF
    36630 posts Member
    Options
    Nope
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    350k dollars might be enough.

Then there's no problem since 350k players drop 12m$/month.