The Pit Challenge Tier & Relic 8 [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    Adding another giant log of this suxxors onto the bonfire trashheap this raid appears to be.

Really, R7 getting smashed?

R5 Minimum?

Cmon, I'm all for a difficult event but WTFrak man!?!?

How about something realistic like a GP gate since those have become the new norm.

Something reasonable like DS-GEO or Drevan/GAS Event minimums, 17.5K-ish.

Then an event that will make G13's struggle but doable by a bunch of Relic-5's instead of R5 gets smashed.

• Shiryu
    411 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    CG... you guys are braindead and obviously hate your players.
  • Options
    I understand tagging me in your posts on this thread, but trust I'm keeping an eye on it already. I will do my part to report community sentiment to the devs.

No no no, don’t report it. Tell them, including mark anderson and TopCash to actually pay attention for once. Those two are the worst thing to ever happen to this game. Bring Carrie back already.

I could go on for awhile with what’s wrong with this “new” raid but I’ll keep it on just the rewards for now.

You gear gate this to R5. That’s the first thing. R7 toons gets smashed. That’s the second thing. The rewards in this raid drop some atrocious gear that G5-G8 toons need. The best gear is old G12 gear. No G12+. No relic material aside from the R8 gear (which can be bought). So you have to take toons to R5 (in reality R7) to get other toons on your roster to...g12? Ummm what? How is this endgame if you don’t give any kind of end game rewards????
  • Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    p17qqqlc6d5b.png

Hey @CG_SBCrumb maybe don’t say “ We wanted Relic 8 to initially have a raid-exclusive aspect in order to give Guilds some new goals to work toward and at the same time, reinforce the core gameplay for Guilds in Galaxy of Heroes.” Then go and sell a $50 pack.

So while F2P struggle to even make a dent, let alone participate in the raid, whales and krakens get to circumvent the whole “exclusive and unique” malarkey you’re spewing.

It amazes me how bad you guys are at your job.

This needs to be answered 100000% This is straight-up lying to the community....and twice in the same post! Those rewards are not flat as many people have pointed out. I want to hear your reason why you would post that post, and then completely contradict yourself when the update went live.

They also lied about the new Gls being of "Equal power" to the old ones. which both are very much not.
  • Options
    While I appreciate the communication, we know what the devs think. They made Crumb lie to us with "we have opted for a flatter prizing structure to reduce some of the friction in-guild". Communication is not helpful if it's dishonest.

THIS TIMES A GAJILLION.
  • Options
    Galaxy of Heroes?

More like Galaxy of Gear Farming.

I'd rather be chasing 30 characters at once than 300 pieces of gear for 1 character.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Options
    Shiryu wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    p17qqqlc6d5b.png

Hey @CG_SBCrumb maybe don’t say “ We wanted Relic 8 to initially have a raid-exclusive aspect in order to give Guilds some new goals to work toward and at the same time, reinforce the core gameplay for Guilds in Galaxy of Heroes.” Then go and sell a $50 pack.

So while F2P struggle to even make a dent, let alone participate in the raid, whales and krakens get to circumvent the whole “exclusive and unique” malarkey you’re spewing.

This needs to be answered 100000% This is straight-up lying to the community....and twice in the same post! Those rewards are not flat as many people have pointed out. I want to hear your reason why you would post that post, and then completely contradict yourself when the update went live.

They also lied about the new Gls being of "Equal power" to the old ones. which both are very much not.

I disagree. I have Rey and JML and find that they are pretty equal, but that's for another thread.

I could type a long list of things they said they would do that did not happen, BUT this is on a new level though.....this is lying to the community.....they must have had an "internal review" in that hour between post and update and changed it really quick just like the whole "not all GL requirements will need to be relic'd" fiasco. Well, CG isnt getting any of my money...and I just dropped some cash all because of Doja. Shame.
  • Options
    WHATS WRONG CG?? TO MANY PEOPLE REFUND THE PACKS TO GET THE LAST BATCH OF GLS???

GOTTA MAKE THOSE CHRISTMAS MIRACLES HAPPEN WITH ALL THOSE CASH GRABBING BONUSES EA WILL GIVE YOU GUYS.
  • Options
    How can you call this Relic 8 "exclusive", while selling it $ on day one?

Uh, by lying. How else?
  • Options
    The good thing about all this is CG does not care about our concerns as so many will buy Relic 8 and they have shown to be well adapted at ignoring the community. Look at the Arnold thread.
  • Options
    p17qqqlc6d5b.png

Don't see a problem with these packs. Allows people who are willing to spend, but in a guild that can't quite beat the raid, a chance to get relic 8 if they want it. I think it was a nice gesture.

• Options
    Reptile wrote: »
    p17qqqlc6d5b.png

Don't see a problem with these packs. Allows people who are willing to spend, but in a guild that can't quite beat the raid, a chance to get relic 8 if they want it. I think it was a nice gesture.

The packs are not the problem, it's the fact that CG said that R8 will be raid-exclusive, which it is clearly not. It's the fact that they repeatedly state one thing and then do another. CG is a train wreck and the star wars IP is their only saving grace.
  • Options
    p17qqqlc6d5b.png

"Nice gesture"

lol
  • Options
    Just wanted to add m voice to the rewards not being even close to flat. The 6-5-4 suggestions that other put forward would be flatter to me. 11-1 is just slapping the people at the bottom in the face. Especially since the whales will buy the packs no matter what. They’re not competing with guild mates for the rewards. They’re just buying whatever they need.
  • Options
    p17qqqlc6d5b.png

Most people don't consider being lied to TWICE in a single post a "nice gesture", but I guess if that's your thing....
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    To be honest, after seeing thus raid i question whether they want me to play this game at all.
  • Ultra
    11548 posts Moderator
    Options
    There's a bug in the raid where Rancor is instantly defeating GLs
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    There's a bug in the raid where Rancor is instantly defeating GLs

It's not a bug. It's a feature! :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Options
    Probably mentioned elsewhere in the thread; I'm shocked to read the announcement and right after see this in the store. Exclusive (cg) just changed meaning.

uhk3vdxihv3m.png
    xwwmyx21o185.png
  • Options
    p17qqqlc6d5b.png

Aside from them being $50, when CG says that it’s an exclusive piece of material from the raid, it’s meaning its the ONLY place to get it. Not, shell out $50 and you can get it even though we said it’s exclusive to the raid.

Just like when they said the new mod slicing is exclusive to GC’s.

But if being lied to is your cup of tea...drink up
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Probably mentioned elsewhere in the thread; I'm shocked to read the announcement and right after see this in the store. Exclusive (cg) just changed meaning.

uhk3vdxihv3m.png
    xwwmyx21o185.png

Let's be honest (since CG can't seem to be). They didn't change the meaning of "exclusive" or "flatter". Crumb lied to us. Twice in the same post.

It wasn't an accident or taken out of context, or an ambiguous term. Integrity matters - and CG just showed they have none. Twice.

• Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

uhk3vdxihv3m.png
    xwwmyx21o185.png

Let's be honest (since CG can't seem to be). They didn't change the meaning of "exclusive" or "flatter". Crumb lied to us. Twice in the same post.

It wasn't an accident or taken out of context, or an ambiguous term. Integrity matters - and CG just showed they have none. Twice.

That implies they had integrity to begin with. SMH
  • Ultra
    11548 posts Moderator
    Options
    I hope the next set of Galactic Legends are also exclusively available on the store so that i can avoid ticket farming and pre-req grinding
  • Options

uhk3vdxihv3m.png
    xwwmyx21o185.png

What is the other instance, -flat-?
  • Options

uhk3vdxihv3m.png
    xwwmyx21o185.png

What is the other instance, -flat-?

Exclusive.

• Options
    Something no one has brought up yet:

This is the first raid for which guild leaders have no leeway in scheduling. With 210k tickets max, 180k to start, that means that there's only 30k difference between the two. Since you can never plan to get exactly the number of tickets you need to start the event, you're always going to be over by some amount

Thus the day after you qualify for the event, you will waste tickets if you haven't already started.

This creates huge problems, what with the fact that the raid requires incredible coordination. After all, you have to have all your p1 teams hit at the same time to avoid the increasing difficulty if people hit separately. Then p2 teams likewise all have to hit simultaneously, etc.

With the level of coordination this demands, guild leaders need to have much more leeway in what day of the week the raid starts in order to best schedule the effort for their guild.

Frankly, I want a cap of 390k tickets so you can schedule the raid for any day of the week you like (start it instantly or up to 6 days later). I really think that's the only fair thing.

But at minimum I think you should have as much leeway for scheduling as the original Rancor, meaning a 270k ticket cap.

Not many people are complaining about this yet, but trust me. They will. This is utter nonsense.

• Options
    Ok here's my thoughts so far. I didn't read all 10 pages so if what I think was already addressed sorry.

1. The r5 relic gate sucks but I think people are overreacting about it. You aren't likely going to beat it with low gear characters anyway.

2. I do think that they went overboard making GLs not be good for this raid. I completely get nerfing the siphon so SLKR isn't as good (he already solos the sith raid) but if the other GLs are supposed to be equal at least one of them (maybe one of the new ones) should be really good. It also is a bit disappointing if you relic 15 characters for GLs and then the GLs are are specially nerfed.

3. The rewards structure could be flatter but it is flatter than hstr so, I think the complaining on that is overblown. It does drop quite a bit from 1st to 10th but stays at about half in the top 25. That is better than a full drop in the top 10 and 10 or 15 salvage in 11th. And it looks like you have a chance at full crafts at every rank.

4. I do have a question on one of the mechanics. The stacking offense and speed that the boss gets for each 20% damage. Is that for 20% damage in one run or if it has taken 20% damage total? Basically, if I go in for my run and my guild has knocked it down to 75% health, will it have stacked offense and health or does that only happen if I hit 20% damage in one run. @Kyno @CG_Doja_Fett If you could clarify this it would be great.
  • Options
    1. The r5 relic gate sucks but I think people are overreacting about it. You aren't likely going to beat it with low gear characters anyway.

Anything in relics will have somewhat similar performance to r5+ since the difference it adds is not huge. I wouldn't make it no holds barred (=throw in all your roster) but at least would make it g13 which is rather scarce in most rosters anyway.