The Pit Challenge Tier & Relic 8 [MEGA]

Replies

• TVF
    36770 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    Konju wrote: »
    Oh yeah the new raid mechanics are still terrible. I don’t think they are going to change it. The statement from Doja Fett basically said as much. Endgame content with endgame irl repercussions. Awful mechanic whether you have completed it or not.

It's really not sustainable. If we can't figure out how to get it down to under an hour, I can't see many guilds actually putting up with it. Luckily the stat jump to r8 is pretty minimal.

I don't know, my old guild put up with HSTR taking several hours for a very long time before SLKR was released.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Konju
    1181 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Oh yeah the new raid mechanics are still terrible. I don’t think they are going to change it. The statement from Doja Fett basically said as much. Endgame content with endgame irl repercussions. Awful mechanic whether you have completed it or not.

It's really not sustainable. If we can't figure out how to get it down to under an hour, I can't see many guilds actually putting up with it. Luckily the stat jump to r8 is pretty minimal.

I don't know, my old guild put up with HSTR taking several hours for a very long time before SLKR was released.

Did everyone sit there with their phones on airplane mode waiting for the right time to post damage? Very possible something like this did occur, but yeah waiting to post damage (basically sitting, waiting and doing nothing in the game) vs length of time actually playing in HSTR are different circumstances IMO.
  • TVF
    36770 posts Member
    Options

Did everyone sit there with their phones on airplane mode waiting for the right time to post damage? Very possible something like this did occur, but yeah waiting to post damage (basically sitting, waiting and doing nothing in the game) vs length of time actually playing in HSTR are different circumstances IMO.

Granted.
  • Options

Yeah but you didn't have to make people hold a run in airplane mode for those hours. People would use airplane mode to get the best possible runs, but didn't have to hold that good run because if they didn't they would screw over the rest of the guild, causing the raid to become unfinishable.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Can we all stop hating on each other and get back to the topic at hand....hating the coordination for the raid. The hated of my hatred is my friend.

Kyno. unlike CG's response, you get that issue we have with this raid is not the difficulty, but rather the coordination needed. Could you please ask CG to respond to the issue of coordination in this raid and in future game play modes?

I will ask, but i'm sure their response will be something like: (Channeling my inner Doja, or maybe I put a mic on wampa...... :wink: )

Right now completion rates and difficult is roughly in line with what we expected but that doesn't mean its the right experience for players. In short, the team is discussing it and watching the data closely.
  • Options
    Can we all stop hating on each other and get back to the topic at hand....hating the coordination for the raid. The hated of my hatred is my friend.

Kyno. unlike CG's response, you get that issue we have with this raid is not the difficulty, but rather the coordination needed. Could you please ask CG to respond to the issue of coordination in this raid and in future game play modes?

I will ask, but i'm sure their response will be something like: (Channeling my inner Doja, or maybe I put a mic on wampa...... :wink: )

Right now completion rates and difficult is roughly in line with what we expected but that doesn't mean its the right experience for players. In short, the team is discussing it and watching the data closely.

Tell them the data is meaningless. Just because we're completing it, doesn't mean we're enjoying it.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    Well I’m seeing runs with zombie/slkr in p2-3 that are over 22% right now.
    That’s only 5 players let’s say for p2 and another 5 players for p3. So let’s say those same 10 players killed P1 as well.
    Now that leaves p4 out in the open for 2 days.
    Take p4 down to around 85% then coordinate as many kittens as you can you take down that last 85% in one go.
    Time: less then 20 min P1
    Less then 20 min P2
    Less then 20 min P3
    Less then 20 min P4 (or take the 2 days to get as many player together at a certain time in those 2 days that everyone would be able to be on line)

We do it under an hour so saying 20 min each phase let’s people practice longer but if you are all in such a rush with RL then post earlier.
    At no point did I say the mechanics of this raid are not horrible, the coordination isn’t a pain.
    I will say that it is the most adrenaline I’ve felt in a raid yet.
    20 min bursts to try and get a good run is an absolute rush! Lol
    I get sweaty palms while playing, relax a few minutes then next phase opens and repeat!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Tell them the data is meaningless. Just because we're completing it, doesn't mean we're enjoying it.

isn't that exactly what that statement is saying???

anyway, I tried...
  • Options

Doubt there will be any line relating to the experience of it. Their bottom line is about how much does the machine cough out stuff into economy, not what it takes or the entertainment value of it.
  • Options
    Thank you for trying Kyno.
  • Konju
    1181 posts Member
    Options
    Sewpot wrote: »
    That’s only 5 players let’s say for p2 and another 5 players for p3. So let’s say those same 10 players killed P1 as well.
    Take p4 down to around 85% then coordinate as many kittens as you can you take down that last 85% in one go.
    Less then 20 min P2
    Less then 20 min P3
    Less then 20 min P4 (or take the 2 days to get as many player together at a certain time in those 2 days that everyone would be able to be on line)

We do it under an hour so saying 20 min each phase let’s people practice longer but if you are all in such a rush with RL then post earlier.
    At no point did I say the mechanics of this raid are not horrible, the coordination isn’t a pain.
    I get sweaty palms while playing, relax a few minutes then next phase opens and repeat!

I’m honestly happy for you. I am glad this content gives you a rush.
  • Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »

Doubt there will be any line relating to the experience of it. Their bottom line is about how much does the machine cough out stuff into economy, not what it takes or the entertainment value of it.

Why are we defaulting back to kyno as the intermediary? We now have 2 community managers that need a conduit to the community? To me 1 community manager who was oblivious to the actual sentiment of the player base was too many now there are two of them?

The 2nd one have jokes attached. One would expect extra layers would help ease the transmission, but it may as well just be increasing the bureocrasy.
  • Options
    Well I don’t know what to tell you guys. More then 200 guilds have done it so....
    Either get more coordination going, leave to a guild that does the raid, don’t bother with the raid, or just drop this game completely because I don’t think it’s going to change.

Good luck in whatever you choose 👍

My guild is one of those 200+. Doesn't mean I still don't think this mechanic is complete garbage.

+1
  • Options
    Well I don’t know what to tell you guys. More then 200 guilds have done it so....
    Either get more coordination going, leave to a guild that does the raid, don’t bother with the raid, or just drop this game completely because I don’t think it’s going to change.

Good luck in whatever you choose 👍

We’ve beat this raid twice now, but it’s murder on our poor officers. We’re an international guild and getting enough players with the right teams on is an enormous chore. Is this a beatable raid for us? Clearly. Is it even all that difficult for the non-officers? Not really.

The problem with this mechanic is that it’s pushed 90% of the challenge for beating the raid onto the officers organizing the damage dumps. That’s just a horrible design decision. It doesn’t make me want to spend or gear up more character, I’ve already got all I need to max my score for this rai. It doesn’t give a normal player like me any real goals at all, it just means I now need to raid according to a strict time schedule, and it will definitely up the burn out rate for the officers.

I don’t see what goals the mechanic achieves right now, unless they wanted to make running raids more inconvenient for players and more frustrating for officers for some reason.
  • Ultra
    11589 posts Moderator
    Options
    Hi CG_Doja_Fett, CG_SBCrumb,

Will you provide an update on the Challenge Pit Rewards, and Co-ordination issue? You did address the difficulty aspect of the raid, but the other two are just as highly contested issues of the raid
  • jshalt31
    1 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    The scaling damage mechanic is complete trash, especially for guilds with members from different countries. However, I think Phase 1 - Phase 3 is manageable with good coordination between a handful of guild members. 5-10 members can group together and take down each phase with the right teams. Yes, it's a pain, but not impossible or completely unreasonable by CG.

The real problem is in Phase 4 - which essentially requires 30+ members to post damage at the same time after taking the health down to ~85% - this is simply ridiculous to try to coordinate for most guilds, and **** near impossible when members are in different time zones. Why punish guilds for having members from all over the world?

Simple solution CG - Get rid of the damage ramp up in Phase 4 ONLY...Still requires high level guild coordination in P1-P3, and allows all remaining guild members to contribute to getting through P4, no matter what time zone they are in, without fear of shutting down the raid by going past 60-40-20% when other members are asleep, and without somehow getting 30+ members from all over the world to log on at the exact same time.
    Post edited by jshalt31 on
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Less then 20 min P2
    Less then 20 min P3

All of this actually just proves the point though. If a single team can do 20%+ damage in any (every) phase, the raid isn't about "difficulty" or building deep rosters or strategy. It's just about coordinating. The guilds that complete it are simply those that are the most homogenous when it comes to availibilty.

If CG's vision of the game moving forward is for all guilds to share the same time zone and schedule, I'm not sure that's a path I want to follow them down. And since they still haven't addressed the issue at all, despite the fact that it has been clearly and repeatedly stated, I have to assume that this is likely their goal. An odd goal at a time when the rest of the planet is trying to be diverse, but it's their game. They have made that clear. Repeatedly.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    My guild is one of those 200+. Doesn't mean I still don't think this mechanic is complete garbage.

Same here.

We did it once, and especially now after they made the nerf changes to Malek, it's like...whatever.

We are all adults with lives, this is not some turn of the century MMO. We can't coordinate and spend hours holding damage, etc. It's absurd.

Not even just how silly it is to begin with to think that grown adults have this kind of time regularly, but then you look at the certainly-not-flat rewards. So unless you are in the top few, you still spend the same hours doing all this work, and you get such a tiny bit of reward it isn't even sensible to think about.

Unfortunately, since they have now gated progress to Relic 8 with this, they are going to start discouraging us to care at all since we cannot progress at this point without this raid. If we stop doing the raid that develops our roster, it is just going to lead into many of us being much less interested in the game (and spending much less money).

• Options
    Well down to 45 min raid on third one. As far as all our raid options go its more entertaining then sith that has now gotten boring and old pit and haat are just a sim so may as well be GW with slightly better rewards. If this pit had same or better rewards then sith then yes the investment would feel worth it. Can’t wait to see haat and sith challenge levels hahah! R8 requirements with all 6a mods and a pint of human blood lol
  • Konju
    1181 posts Member
    Options
    Well down to 45 min raid on third one. As far as all our raid options go its more entertaining then sith that has now gotten boring and old pit and haat are just a sim so may as well be GW with slightly better rewards. If this pit had same or better rewards then sith then yes the investment would feel worth it. Can’t wait to see haat and sith challenge levels hahah! R8 requirements with all 6a mods and a pint of human blood lol

Don’t give them any ideas...lol
  • Options
    Yeah we actually got through p1 this time. But p2 we could only get enough on at once for 80%. And the last 20% was just ridiculous. Hit the door and the rancor stands back up before you get to hit him once.

That simply isn't fun.

You want to require coordination great. Nerf SLKR and Rey to the point where they also only do 4% (this could make the GLs closer to even too) and get rid of the ramping damage mechanic.

Then 5 or 10 people with SLKR and Rey couldn't clear a phase but you wouldn't have to have everyone on at once.

And this could be accomplished fairly easily. Ramp up the damage and speed at 5% for an individual run. This would cut a 20% run down to 6 or 7%. But still allow a 4% team to be used by another guild member.

Or make the boss ignore dmg immunity.

There are better ways to prevent solos or 20% damage with one team rather than the stupid way they chose.

• Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah we actually got through p1 this time. But p2 we could only get enough on at once for 80%. And the last 20% was just ridiculous. Hit the door and the rancor stands back up before you get to hit him once.

That simply isn't fun.

You want to require coordination great. Nerf SLKR and Rey to the point where they also only do 4% (this could make the GLs closer to even too) and get rid of the ramping damage mechanic.

Then 5 or 10 people with SLKR and Rey couldn't clear a phase but you wouldn't have to have everyone on at once.

And this could be accomplished fairly easily. Ramp up the damage and speed at 5% for an individual run. This would cut a 20% run down to 6 or 7%. But still allow a 4% team to be used by another guild member.

There are better ways to prevent solos or 20% damage with one team rather than the stupid way they chose.

But your way still requires more people to do the raid. 5-7 people clearing P1 is easier to coordinate 🤔
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options

That simply isn't fun.

But your way still requires more people to do the raid. 5-7 people clearing P1 is easier to coordinate 🤔

The fact that any coordination of multiple people and their "need" to be on at the same time exists, in terms of CG prescribing play, is what's awful about the mechanic. It works over and against much of what CG has given lip service to over the history of the game - things like not wanting officers to make decisions for how players play, giving people the opportunity to play when it's convenient for them, not "prescribing" play, etc.

As I said earlier - if CG's goal is to take away guild diversity, and "force" people to play in guilds that share time zones in order to make this reworked raid palatable, that's a horrible decision. And whether or not that is the intended goal, it is what is resulting.

There is nothing fun about having to be on multiple devices at very specific times of the day in order to participate in a mobile game mode. In the 5+ years I have played this game, CG has made some decisions that have been anti-player and against QOL. This is, by a very significant margin, the absolute worst. And it's not close. Many companies do something nice for their customer base over the holidays. CG decided to drop an awful game mode instead. Great decision - once again, the Mark of incompetence. Happy Holidays!
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    Don’t think anyone is being forced to do anything 🤔
    Our guild members are from around the world just like yours i assume. But I guess our 2 officers in charge are just gods I guess. 🤔
    If this game is like being in an abusive relationship then why are you still in it? 🤔
  • TVF
    36770 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    If this game is like being in an abusive relationship then why are you still in it? 🤔

Wow.

Analogy just goes from bad to worse here.
  • TVF
    36770 posts Member
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    You’re just as tone deaf as CG and I must say even more of an apologist than TVF ever has been in any one subject. That’s quite the accomplishment.

Love you too. <3
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    2q73pdypgp3a.jpeg

❤️
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options

Wow.

Analogy just goes from bad to worse here.

Not really, doesn’t mean a couple and violence. In this case it’s customers and company.
    People’s comments of bait and switch, being ripped off, the company being underhanded and so on and so on makes me wonder why they continue playing.
    It’s a game. Don’t like it or don’t feel like you are being treated fairly then get out.
    People want to be able to beat everything day one bit also want end game content.
    All the chats I’m in outside this silly little forum agreed day one the raid has an unfriendly mechanic to it.
    But instead of crying like children we are helping create videos and teams comps to crush it instead.
    No complaining and only congrats for great runs.
    Then we share those outcomes with our guilds and streamline them so we don’t have to do more then 45 min to beat the raid now.
    Doesn’t take the entire guild either.
    I’ve had my fair share of trash talking this company at times and still think they could do things differently.
    But I still am here and still play because I enjoy the game. The day that stops I stop.
    Only thing (outside of making new content) I want them to do more is get these cheaters and deal with them more harshly.