The Pit Challenge Tier & Relic 8 [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    Csharpmao wrote: »
    It's almost Christmas. So dear Santa CG , here is my wish list :
    - Modify the increasing damages system to be by player, you can even do it increasing quicker, maybe increasing 4% for each% health lost. This will really reduce chance of a player soloing the raid.
    - Modify the rewards to be really flatter, maybe have a range from 6 to 12.
    - Add another level of this Raid. Now, the difference of power needed between HSTR and this new pit, is huge. My guild is finishing the HSTR in less than 30 minutes,but can't finish the first phase of the pit. Another level, with a difficulty between HSTR and the pit would help player to be ready, the rewards can be half of the current level.

Thanks Santa CG. 🎅

Would these changes make CG gobs of money. No...bah humbug.
  • Options
    Even the power of Santa can’t help us with this abomination.
  • Options
    My guild loves a challenge and to try and progress, we have intense hardcores and casuals and we have always been able to improve and get better in every mode. The R5 requirement is a high price but we can accept it... but the coordination require will simply kill us. Most of us are adults in their mid 30's to mid 40's with irl responsabilities and, as much as we could try to coordinate and maybe succeed once in a while with GREAT effort and headache... i can't see this being a weekly thing to do. Having to force people online , make them play at the same moment with no error margin is just bad. If someone has an emergency or the phone crashes or something, it can just make the raid impossible.

We already have one of our highest members quit for another guild who had done it on the 1st try and a few who are just thinking of quitting the game because as much as they would like to, they can't be there to help for coordinated assaults and its just ruining the fun for them.
  • Options
    - Modify the increasing damages system to be by player, you can even do it increasing quicker, maybe increasing 4% for each% health lost. This will really reduce chance of a player soloing the raid.
    - Add another level of this Raid. Now, the difference of power needed between HSTR and this new pit, is huge. My guild is finishing the HSTR in less than 30 minutes,but can't finish the first phase of the pit. Another level, with a difficulty between HSTR and the pit would help player to be ready, the rewards can be half of the current level.

Thanks Santa CG. 🎅

It’s more like Grinch or Scrooge...
  • Options
    Reptile wrote: »
    Sewpot wrote: »
    Snowbird13 wrote: »
    I guess my thought is that if no team can currently get more than 30% of any phase, why did they feel the need to do the speed and damage additions? Its not like lower guilds can brute force the thing.

This like sith raid when it came out isn’t for lower guilds. It’s for top guilds.
    Now also picture when you have a full r8 team with all 6a god mods on. Let’s assume that gets you up that to 60% runs.
    Heck I can even see level 90 possibly being a thing in the new year at the rate things are going.
    If between the first and last GLs is a measure of time then we will see 2 more new GLs soon and that’s just more possible firepower.
    The devs don’t play these things with same characters but with the next generation of character iteration to see the numbers I think. Could be wrong about this last part but I really wouldn’t doubt this tinfoil theory.

You are living in a different world.

Sure am. My world beat this raid twice lol
    And our recruitment has gone up considerably. Win win!
    I have 2 r8 characters and by months end will have a third.
    Our GP is gq7f04bfqdy6.jpeg
    and if a guild struggles with less GP they probably are not ready for this end game content.
  • Options
    I guess my thought is that if no team can currently get more than 30% of any phase, why did they feel the need to do the speed and damage additions? Its not like lower guilds can brute force the thing.

This like sith raid when it came out isn’t for lower guilds. It’s for top guilds.
    Now also picture when you have a full r8 team with all 6a god mods on. Let’s assume that gets you up that to 60% runs.
    Heck I can even see level 90 possibly being a thing in the new year at the rate things are going.
    If between the first and last GLs is a measure of time then we will see 2 more new GLs soon and that’s just more possible firepower.
    The devs don’t play these things with same characters but with the next generation of character iteration to see the numbers I think. Could be wrong about this last part but I really wouldn’t doubt this tinfoil theory.

and if a guild struggles with less GP they probably are not ready for this end game content.

You do realize that the correlation between overall GP compared with the collective collaboration varies greatly in importance for this raid because of the universal stacking mechanic right?
  • Options

Good job!!

https://giphy.com/gifs/reactiongifs-mn1cym1jiJOUgxekugjbtvtq3.gif

• Options
    Fieldgulls wrote: »

Good job!!

https://giphy.com/gifs/reactiongifs-mn1cym1jiJOUgxekugjbtvtq3.gif

Hahah that amazing!!! I need one!!! Better yet 2!!!
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

You do realize that the correlation between overall GP compared with the collective collaboration varies greatly in importance for this raid because of the universal stacking mechanic right?

I’ve said it before it doesn’t need all 50. Not even 30. If 17+ members have at least 4 full R5 propers team comps it’s doable. Yes you will need a few more members in last phase but then that just means the guild needs to get as many members log in for that last phase so let’s say 20-30 to practice best run and then post. I’m sure you have lots of members hit sith raid so why can’t you coordinate the same for this??
  • Options

I’ve said it before it doesn’t need all 50. Not even 30. If 17+ members have at least 4 full R5 propers team comps it’s doable. Yes you will need a few more members in last phase but then that just means the guild needs to get as many members log in for that last phase so let’s say 20-30 to practice best run and then post. I’m sure you have lots of members hit sith raid so why can’t you coordinate the same for this??

Lots of members doesn't hit hstr anymore, cause it's pointless beyond top 10. Since only full solos with slkr will get those spots (and beyond) if one without slkr is around, they can just auto a team to get ahead of all the zeros. Beyond that won't make any difference.
  • Options

Because back when HSTR appeared before solos, you didn’t need to coordinate turning in exactly at the same time. People could hit it throughout the day, or even throughout the few hours it was up.
    This? Not so much
  • Options

Because back when HSTR appeared before solos, you didn’t need to coordinate turning in exactly at the same time. People could hit it throughout the day, or even throughout the few hours it was up.
    This? Not so much

Yeah, phases was divided into 6 hour intervals in many guilds as far as I know and it only proceed to the next phase to give people a chance to come around the time they have teams built for. This doesn't even take coordination as long as a bot announces the phase transition times and very minimal if an officer needs to announce it.
  • Ragnarok_COTF
    1826 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Furthermore. Who cares if we can coordinate to this level? Why should we?

I can play this game while sitting in an ice bath. That would certainly boost the difficulty because it'd be hard to focus and I'd be shivering. But why create difficulty outside of the game itself?
  • Konju
    1181 posts Member
    Options

So we actually don’t have a lot of people hit the Sith raid at the same time. Typically we have 10-15. As already expressed by many, including myself, we have people all over the world. We move raid times to accommodate to everyone in the various time zones. Every opinion and player/guild situation is subjective. The coordinated aspect of this raid is a detriment to my guild.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Well I don’t know what to tell you guys. More then 200 guilds have done it so....
    Either get more coordination going, leave to a guild that does the raid, don’t bother with the raid, or just drop this game completely because I don’t think it’s going to change.

Good luck in whatever you choose 👍
  • Options
    Well I don’t know what to tell you guys. More then 200 guilds have done it so....
    Either get more coordination going, leave to a guild that does the raid, don’t bother with the raid, or just drop this game completely because I don’t think it’s going to change.

What makes you think people that doesn't like the coordination craziness can't do the raid?
  • Options

My guild is one of those 200+. Doesn't mean I still don't think this mechanic is complete garbage.
  • Options
    If anything it's the people in the guilds that does it that doesn't like it. Others don't have direct experience about how this rolls and extrapolate what it will cause in the long term seeing how much it's already disrupting everyone's lives beyond the scope of this game.
  • Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    If anything it's the people in the guilds that does it that doesn't like it. Others don't have direct experience about how this rolls and extrapolate what it will cause in the long term seeing how much it's already disrupting everyone's lives beyond the scope of this game.
    Yup and depending how you rank in each raid you have to beat it up to 20 times to get the materials for a single r8 toon. That's about 5 months worth of raids. You could gear up for a Galactic Legend in that timeframe! :p
  • Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »

This. Our guild has pretty much said - especially the next few with the holidays - don't worry about it. We'll launch them, but not even try to finish the next few. There's much more important things IRL than sitting in front of a mobile game for a couple hours to coordinate this awful raid.

I'm considering a break from the game altogether.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Konju
    1181 posts Member
    Options
    b2r1cd28ko48.gif

🤣
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Can we all stop hating on each other and get back to the topic at hand....hating the coordination for the raid. The hated of my hatred is my friend.
  • Konju
    1181 posts Member
    Options
    Oh yeah the new raid mechanics are still terrible. I don’t think they are going to change it. The statement from Doja Fett basically said as much. Endgame content with endgame irl repercussions. Awful mechanic whether you have completed it or not.
  • Options
    Just for the record, I don't like any one of you. If I had my way, I'd be the only one here.
  • Options
    Konju wrote: »
    Oh yeah the new raid mechanics are still terrible. I don’t think they are going to change it. The statement from Doja Fett basically said as much. Endgame content with endgame irl repercussions. Awful mechanic whether you have completed it or not.

It's really not sustainable. If we can't figure out how to get it down to under an hour, I can't see many guilds actually putting up with it. Luckily the stat jump to r8 is pretty minimal.
  • Options

Thanks Santa CG. 🎅

I second these suggestions.

I am in an international guild with players in many time zones. Why is CG trying to kill such guilds by creating a mechanic that is best defeated by cheesing with coordinated damage dumps?
  • HershBathens
    821 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Can we all stop hating on each other and get back to the topic at hand....hating the coordination for the raid. The hated of my hatred is my friend.

Kyno. unlike CG's response, you get that issue we have with this raid is not the difficulty, but rather the coordination needed. Could you please ask CG to respond to the issue of coordination in this raid and in future game play modes?
  • Konju
    1181 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    Konju wrote: »

It's really not sustainable. If we can't figure out how to get it down to under an hour, I can't see many guilds actually putting up with it. Luckily the stat jump to r8 is pretty minimal.

I agree completely. TBH I would be happy to just ignore such trash content, but as an officer who has to work to keep the guild happy, mitigating those who “desire” R8 vs those who do not care to obtain R8 (therefore do not want to put in the coordination) is the challenge for my guild now. The rewards are really not worth all of this coordinated effort, yet (especially if you end up in 41st place).

Part of me wants to just jump into a small guild that doesn’t care about this raid. The juice just isn’t worth the squeeze (I mean that about the raid and rewards, but I’m not too far from feeling that way about the game in general).
  • Options
    Wow this place has turned into trash and lit on fire. It's obvious cg is deaf to the playerbase and people are just coming to terms with it. Thought new people would help communication but turns out they were not too busy after all... It was just they never cared about the gaming experience.
  • TVF
    36772 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Can we all stop hating on each other and get back to the topic at hand....

I think you know the answer to that.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH