The Pit Challenge Tier & Relic 8 [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    but on the plus side...... whoohoo!
    v62578jba55k.jpeg
  • Options
    Our guild had a lot of people busy (holiday, work, etc.) so didn't clean clear phase 1. Left about 15%. I missed the time entirely due to a last minute "emergency" work meeting. Just for fun, I sent in the Rey team that normally does about 10-12% vs. the buffed pigs. 297k - normally 5-6million. Thank you for a miserable experience! Way to CG-up the Re-raid. Merry Christmas.

Honestly though, it makes sense. 2020 pretty much ****, so CG closed it out on a low note.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Our guild had a lot of people busy (holiday, work, etc.) so didn't clean clear phase 1. Left about 15%. I missed the time entirely due to a last minute "emergency" work meeting. Just for fun, I sent in the Rey team that normally does about 10-12% vs. the buffed pigs. 297k - normally 5-6million. Thank you for a miserable experience! Way to CG-up the Re-raid. Merry Christmas.

Honestly though, it makes sense. 2020 pretty much ****, so CG closed it out on a low note.

I didn't know how bad it'd be if push comes to shove. Thanks for the data xD

Btw guilds that completed it more than once is below 200. Guessing -the fix- is showing the outcome.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

I didn't know how bad it'd be if push comes to shove. Thanks for the data xD

Btw guilds that completed it more than once is below 200. Guessing -the fix- is showing the outcome.

TL;DR - If you can't coordinate enough people to clean clear each of the first 3 phases, don't bother. :D
    Post edited by Kyno on
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    We just beat it again for first time after fix. Had 30+ members on for p4 to make it happen. As an officer that was stressful and without any joy. P3 was almost ruined as someone forgot they hadn't turned on airplane mode and got distracted by RL.

This needs to go. This is the worst game experience by far. Not to talk about the rewards being utter crap. CG should be ashamed for putting something like this out. It's atrocious game design.
  • Options
    So we have people completing the raid even saying that they hate it. Interesting...aside from the one anomoly in this whole thread it’s interesting to see that people who can complete it, hate the necessary coordination which is beyond unreasonable....interesting....

If this doesn’t get through to them maybe not playing the raid at all will wake them up a bit. Idk this tone deaf approach by CG is an all time low on their end
  • Options
    Just to give some "data":
    - 315m non-international guild; good mix of casuals and competetive people
    - 2/3 completions - 1st time failed due to testing things and many people accidentally logging in dmg and hitting thresholds in 3 phases I think; 2nd time success with coordination; 3rd time (after buff) success with coordination
    - coordinatiion in the 2nd run was done by a task force (~5-6 people) --> many of those people alrdy said they don't wanna do it again or at least not on a regular basis
    - about 30 people were active in the 3rd run (can't remember how many in the 2nd run, probably around the same number)
    - coordination in the 3rd run was done by myself --> I was involved in this for probably 2 hours (next goal is to reduce that down to a tighter schedule) as we had ~30min (preparing runs and coordinated dmg log ins) for each phase; it was annoying as hell and I will definitely not do it on a regular basis either
    Conclusion: We beat it and it's fairly doable when not hitting the thresholds and a good portion of the guild is active. But NO ONE in the guild likes the threshold mechanic. Not the people 'just' doing their runs (they need to stay online for a significant amount of time and maybe even have to redo their runs as they were dimissed from the coordinator(s) to save up teams for later phases) and especially not the coordinators that have to do all the additional work.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    I have played this game for years and spent far more money than I wish to admit. As of this note I am 100% done spending more money on this game. The new raid no longer allows me to play with a world wide group of friends and requires me to move to a guild that can all play at the same time or miss the raid. Watching full relic 7 teams in late phase four get 0 damage makes me feel like I have wasted my time and money with this game. I going to stay with the game a bit longer with the hope the raid may change. I do not feel like these words mean anything to the company, I wished the company would keep in mind guilds that play with members in many time zones. I thought a Golden age had come to the game with all this new stuff, I was wrong.
  • Options
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Just to give some "data":
    - 315m non-international guild; good mix of casuals and competetive people
    - 2/3 completions - 1st time failed due to testing things and many people accidentally logging in dmg and hitting thresholds in 3 phases I think; 2nd time success with coordination; 3rd time (after buff) success with coordination
    - coordinatiion in the 2nd run was done by a task force (~5-6 people) --> many of those people alrdy said they don't wanna do it again or at least not on a regular basis
    - about 30 people were active in the 3rd run (can't remember how many in the 2nd run, probably around the same number)
    - coordination in the 3rd run was done by myself --> I was involved in this for probably 2 hours (next goal is to reduce that down to a tighter schedule) as we had ~30min (preparing runs and coordinated dmg log ins) for each phase; it was annoying as hell and I will definitely not do it on a regular basis either
    Conclusion: We beat it and it's fairly doable when not hitting the thresholds and a good portion of the guild is active. But NO ONE in the guild likes the threshold mechanic. Not the people 'just' doing their runs (they need to stay online for a significant amount of time and maybe even have to redo their runs as they were dimissed from the coordinator(s) to save up teams for later phases) and especially not the coordinators that have to do all the additional work.

THIS a million percent. My guild (311 mil, international) just completed it for the first time this morning...barely and the level of coordination was a lot to ask for a mobile game. If this was a one-time event or even an event that came around once a quarter, it would be perfect, but to do it over and over.....nope, the rewards are not worth all that effort by so many people. The bottom line is the stacking mechanic needs to go.
  • Options
    Gracelore wrote: »
    I have played this game for years and spent far more money than I wish to admit. As of this note I am 100% done spending more money on this game. The new raid no longer allows me to play with a world wide group of friends and requires me to move to a guild that can all play at the same time or miss the raid. Watching full relic 7 teams in late phase four get 0 damage makes me feel like I have wasted my time and money with this game. I going to stay with the game a bit longer with the hope the raid may change. I do not feel like these words mean anything to the company, I wished the company would keep in mind guilds that play with members in many time zones. I thought a Golden age had come to the game with all this new stuff, I was wrong.

I think their perspective is u did not spend enough. A full relic 8 team could probally do decent damage even in p4 especially if you have a GL full relic 8 team. I dont have one I'm just speculating, I own several whole bitcoin and they have been a much better investment so far.
  • Options

I think their perspective is u did not spend enough. A full relic 8 team could probally do decent damage even in p4 especially if you have a GL full relic 8 team. I dont have one I'm just speculating, I own several whole bitcoin and they have been a much better investment so far.

Any upgrades in the current state will just decrease the number of people needed in conjunction a bit. There is no certain ask from cg to make it significantly easier, the entry barrier is already really high and needs plenty of gls. At some point 10 people instead of 30 for p4 will suffice, but unless they lift the mechanic, nature of it won't change.
  • Options
    Another gripe...what is the point of Relics 1-4 now? Purgatory?
  • Options
    Xitarus wrote: »

Did they stop working? You need 4 teams=20 toons at relic 5 at most for the raid purpose.
  • Options
    this raid is the dead of 90% Guilds, or more... So toxic
  • Options

Did they stop working? You need 4 teams=20 toons at relic 5 at most for the raid purpose.

Yes, once you have 20...actually 21. But 99% of the players don’t have that yet, thus making R2 - R5 a waiting room. And in any event, what would be the point in having a sub R5 character unless your guild is so well off that they don’t need anymore help, or you have no desire to test different squads.
  • Options

Yes, once you have 20...actually 21. But 99% of the players don’t have that yet, thus making R2 - R5 a waiting room. And in any event, what would be the point in having a sub R5 character unless your guild is so well off that they don’t need anymore help, or you have no desire to test different squads.

Without gls, relics become a bit meaningless. So far somewhat working team I know is vader for p2 and padme. It's the gls that carries the first 3 phases though.

I would be hesitant to make a claim such as %99 doesn't have 20 relics. Merely the people that has already finished the raid at minimum (200 and counting) exceeds %1. There are about 400k active accounts (see the study on gac populations by taliana)
  • Options

It really won't make any difference (if we're talking a p4 Rancor that hit 1 or even more thresholds like OP's post is implying). Your relic 8 team might have a bit more dmg, protection and health but the speed doesn't change. And that Rancor will still take 10 turns in a row dealing 150k basics wiping out your shiny relic 8 team before it can even move (unless it's a Rey that triggers dmg immunity).
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Rogue888abc
    1 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    My guild has completed the raid 3 times through tremendous efforts of co-ordination of our officers and motivated guildmates.

Despite this, there can be a better way for CG to achieve a group raid vibe without needing players to repeatedly check if they are airplane or and/or running chat programmes on different systems simultaneously.

A better solution
    Simple. Instead of penalising lack of co-ordination with ramping Rancor offence/speed...cancel this mechanism and buff the desired behaviour instead.
    (by all means set the Rancor stronger at start to compensate).

Buff groups of guildmates attempting simultaneously with better stats or uniques such as being inedible.

Buffs can ramp according to how many are attempting at the same time. Should be simple to code as there is already a mechanism for recording last activity. 10 players on in last 5 mins buff level1, 20 on buff level2 etc.

Why this is better
    This will do away with needing to hold damage on airplane or micro-count damage for posting.

At the same time it encourages groups to enjoy swgoh at the same time.

So how about it? @CG_Doja_Fett @CG_Doja_Fett @Kyno
  • ne_alenska
    127 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    My guild give up
    Post edited by ne_alenska on
  • Options
    Pile wrote: »
    The same old events with enemy stats dialed up to 11 while also needing to rely on the perfect RNG is not what we were asking for when the community requested new content.

But but R8!

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    I’m in a 260k guild that is roughly split 50/50 between the US and Australia, with a few others thrown in the mix as well. Prior to being able to sim HAAT we would alternate our HAAT and Sith Raid starting times between the two countries.

Trying to co-ordinate all these various time zones is an impossibility for us, so I couldn’t care less about this raid in its current state and won’t even bother launching it when it is “our” turn.

Another example of how out of touch CG is with the player base and the realities many Guilds face day to day.
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options
    The same old events with enemy stats dialed up to 11 while also needing to rely on the perfect RNG is not what we were asking for when the community requested new content.

Which event?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11538 posts Moderator
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Which event?
    Old ones
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »

Which event?
    Old ones

I'm an old event but my stats are unchanged
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

Which event?
    Old ones

I would suggest a faselift.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Options

I would suggest a faselift.

Your suggestion is out of order there-fly motion dismissed !
  • Ultra
    11538 posts Moderator
    Options

Which event?
    Old ones

maog7ynxahzf.png
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    Vader lead- Malak,(Sid orThrawn) Badstila,wat for P4. Takes specific turn order but land enough dots for Vader and get his culling blade off and you have 4+% easily.
    Saves GLs for P1-3.
  • Options
    I think this is a post about the HAAT challenge raid that comes out in 10 months.