GC reward crates [MERGE]

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Another decent choice would be to have added a button to collect the rewards once you know your at the point of no longer being able to progress. Sure someone might want to level up before the event is over. And maybe get another tier of rewards. But that person should be given the benefit of the doubt to know they might be doing so, and wouldn't collect the rewards. I was unable to finish the entire empire squad feet with 2 r7 toons, palp Vader. And the remainder of my empire at g12+. Does it seem reasonable that if I gear and relic the remaining members that are closest to g13 and relics that I will gain full rewards? No, not likely. Would it be a smart move to use all the resources it takes to r7 a toon on those empire leftovers? No. No it wouldn't because there is still a gear gate. Oh and some of that gear is right there in the rewards screen that I have earned.... So close yet so far..... I see you there you sweet beautiful purple hairdryer!

Just give us the rewards. Astoundingly bad system.

Your suggestion opens the door to "I didnt mean to hit the button" issues that could cause players to lose rewards. If I understand the box system correctly.

I never understood the issues of having to wait, it seems pointless to complain about when they arrive, as long as you know when that will be.

If you want to feel like you are getting them right away, why not wait and do the event on the last day?
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    So under the old system, if I beat every feat but the Empire specific one in t7, then I would still get t7 rewards. Now I get nothing from t7 unless I have the correct empire team. They nerfed the rewards back to being reliant on specific teams at very high gear levels. Pretty crappy really.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ltswb1 wrote: »
    So under the old system, if I beat every feat but the Empire specific one in t7, then I would still get t7 rewards. Now I get nothing from t7 unless I have the correct empire team. They nerfed the rewards back to being reliant on specific teams at very high gear levels. Pretty crappy really.

Except we see examples of them not needing to be high relic.

Also, what is wrong with having to build teams to get rewards? Especially on an event that will repeat.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Also, what is wrong with having to build teams to get rewards? Especially on an event that will repeat.

Because it’s a nerf of what we previously got. I get the “get gud” argument, but they still reduced what we can achieve without having to increase gear levels. Plus, I may have missed something, but so far they haven’t been repeat events. They’ve all been slightly different.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Because it’s a nerf of what we previously got. I get the “get gud” argument, but they still reduced what we can achieve without having to increase gear levels. Plus, I may have missed something, but so far they haven’t been repeat events. They’ve all been slightly different.

The factions required are repeating, they do vary, but we seem to be getting a rotation of sorts.

We are seeing examples of low gear teams winning, sure individual results will vary, but it's out there.

Yes they will make events that will cause players to invest in toons, yes this was a change, but we knew this game mode was going to be evolving and changing by design.
  • crzydroid
    7321 posts Moderator
    Options

This, like the other GCs, is doable with g12 (and some people have reported below) if you can manage the trick. In this case, restart until you can get Hux or Red Trooper deathmarked and mass attack them, then deathmark the other and get rid of them fast as well. Then you just crowd control the Kylos while you mop up (and the summined trooper helps with this).
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    The good?
    Sim is time saving for sure.

The bad?
    The rewards. The waiting 3 days for junk rewards.

Fail harder CG

@Ravens1113 one man’s trash . . . I’m a mid game player and these rewards work well for me.
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    While I ~do~ think the rewards structure is a step backwards (not the waiting - I don't care about that, and it does prevent the 'I hit claim now by mistake' issue), but it ~is~ more lenient than the very first pilot GC - that REQUIRED, hard required R5 Sith to complete the final tier's achievement. (That GC is precisely why my Vader and EP are R5, btw) This is better than that. So yes, evolving.

Edit because sudden realization: That hard R5 gear gate of the first GC maybe ~was~ inspiration for how the challenge tier of rancor would be gear gated.

w3hUyFC.gif
  • Options
    It's pretty simple. If they had gone with a loot box style from the get go, there's be much fewer complaints. But, do it one way with instant rewards for 2-3 months, THEN change it to the end is going to cause some fuss.
  • TVF
    36620 posts Member
    Options
    lolz at anyone complaining about getting the same rewards on a monday instead of a friday, and especially now that the compensation is 2x rewards.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    lolz at anyone complaining about getting the same rewards on a monday instead of a friday, and especially now that the compensation is 2x rewards.

Monday? But knobs...
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Options
    cboath7 wrote: »
    It's pretty simple. If they had gone with a loot box style from the get go, there's be much fewer complaints. But, do it one way with instant rewards for 2-3 months, THEN change it to the end is going to cause some fuss.

Fully agreed, bad planning.
  • Options

Double? Waat? Double the mk4 stun guns? Woooo
  • Options
    The good?
    Sim is time saving for sure.

The bad?
    The rewards. The waiting 3 days for junk rewards.

Fail harder CG

@Ravens1113 one man’s trash . . . I’m a mid game player and these rewards work well for me.

The rewards for T7 that are good for you? Should be in earlier tiers. Just saying.
  • Options
    The gear has gotten way worse, no mk5 stun guns, no stun cuffs, no carbantis. We got a little gear 12 salvage, but I believe it is all left side stuff and thus merely ok.

This was supposed to focus rewards into meaningful stuff, but we're getting mk4 stun guns, mk 6 furnace, and mk6 chiewab. All of that is just about useless. The remaining gear is merely OK which doesn't qualify for meaningful as cg described it. This is the highest tier of rewards too!

The only good gear is 5 kyros, 5 injector salvage, and maaaybe the mk6 droid callers. At this point the only great stuff in there is the mod slicing materials and even then that's rng whether they really help you (read roll speed). Pretty underwhelming change here, that looks to me like they tried to quietly nerf the rewards since they're increasing the cadence per week
  • Options
    I read a lot of statements about needing a full relic empire team...
    I did it with a G8 DT and G8 3* Gideon 😅
  • Options
    Moorebid wrote: »

What were the other 3? Inquiring minds and all..
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Options
    The 109/110 without tier 7s full empire feels a bit trolly on their part, but overall I don't have an issue with the change. It was a definite time saver being able to skip all the lower tiers.
  • Options
    Waiting isn’t that big of a deal...but why change it? Obviously, there is something behind them making us wait but I can’t see it. It just more nonsense that they seem to keep adding to...totally unnecessary.
  • Options
    109 points, need 110 for final tier but need to full clear with all the pieces done to get that point total... don’t really get this and will be more apparently with the weird one of requirements that come up at times.

Am I the only one who finds this a dumb way to distribute vs the only pick and choose what tiers you can and want to beat?
  • marxuke123
    104 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options

shhh.lol...dont let CG to know :D
  • TVF
    36620 posts Member
    Options

Double? Waat? Double the mk4 stun guns? Woooo

I know you ignore mods but I'm loving the new rewards because my roster is even faster now.
  • TVF
    36620 posts Member
    Options

Monday? But knobs...

Doja dialed them back to their original places.

Don't tell Crumb.
  • Options

What were the other 3? Inquiring minds and all..

R5 Vader lead and G12 Palp/Thrawn
  • Options
    What was the purpose of the change to reward crates? I don’t really have a preference between the old and the new but it feels like an unnecessary change to use development resources on? Or am I missing something?