Replies

• TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Sewpot wrote: »
    People set their expectations, the game sets the reality.
    Maybe people should set their expectations at zero and wait for things to be release then they can build up from there.
    No matter when they communicate people will always come here to complain. Only times you hear nothing but accolades is when it’s a 7* unlock for free event and everyone gets that character/ship immediately with any character they already own. Otherwise pitchforks and torches.

Pretty sure that when TVF and Ultra are on board with the “torch and pitchforks” it’s warranted.

Lol who said I'm on board with you in this thread.
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    People set their expectations, the game sets the reality.
    Maybe people should set their expectations at zero and wait for things to be release then they can build up from there.
    No matter when they communicate people will always come here to complain. Only times you hear nothing but accolades is when it’s a 7* unlock for free event and everyone gets that character/ship immediately with any character they already own. Otherwise pitchforks and torches.

Pretty sure that when TVF and Ultra are on board with the “torch and pitchforks” it’s warranted.

Lol who said I'm on board with you in this thread.

Not with Mando feats per se but overall in general. See the Raid mechanics for that.

Yea, and who crowned TVF the barometer on these things?

Considering he constantly defends CG no matter what, I’m fairly certain that whenever both he and Ultra agree with the community, CG did something very wrong when even they can’t defend it.

I didn't agree with the community lol, as I already said earlier.

Third time's the charm?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Main problem for me with those feats is: I’ve built up a team to max the event and receive certain rewards. After CG added Mando feats they took away some rewards from me (and satisfaction & fun), because it’s not possible for me anymore to complete the event / receive the same amount of rewards. I would say nothing if they introduced some additional rewards for players with new Mando, but they didn’t - they took some rewards back therefore punishing me for not having Mando, or forcing me to buy him. I will not buy him just so CG could swap him for different new character next month. This is NOT the way to get my money CG...
  • Options
    Kudlaty wrote: »
    Main problem for me with those feats is: I’ve built up a team to max the event and receive certain rewards. After CG added Mando feats they took away some rewards from me (and satisfaction & fun), because it’s not possible for me anymore to complete the event / receive the same amount of rewards. I would say nothing if they introduced some additional rewards for players with new Mando, but they didn’t - they took some rewards back therefore punishing me for not having Mando, or forcing me to buy him. I will not buy him just so CG could swap him for different new character next month. This is NOT the way to get my money CG...
    Actually they doubled the frequency of the events and gated part of the additional rewards behind this new toon.

CG could have done a much better job of communicating what they were doing but essentially they did introduce some additional rewards for players with new Mando, in addition to introducing some additional rewards for everyone.
  • Options
    Double frequency only helps for rewards issue - and only a little bit if you’re not able to max every event before, because with bad luck you can hit Mando wall only in GC that you have proper team to max, and no Mando wall in GC that you were not able to max anyhow. And doubling frequency does nothing for taking away satisfaction & fun of completing the event, it’s just sitting there for three days annoying me ;)
  • Options
    Mostly I can understand and agree all the choices that CG makes about the game. But including the mando feats in GC is just a spit in the face. Super unnecessary and creates a barrier for a tier of rewards that should simply not be there. Its an extremely high barrier that I think honestly would not be worth the investment for anybody, except the ones who already went for mando anyhow. Get you want to congrats them in some way, but right now it just feels like punishing others. And that with feats across multiple GCs for that matter. Feels extremely frustrated.
  • Options
    I don't mind the Mando feat, but only if it stays there forever. Would suck if I spend a lot of time and resources to get Beskar Mando and then they decide to remove the feat, or even worse if they replace it with the next new character
  • Valeran
    119 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    No Christmas presents because CG says there's no Christmas in Star Wars, yet the official Star Wars Twitter posted a Star Wars-themed holiday picture. No new years gift because CG is greedy (but hey, buy any of these new worthless overpriced holiday packs), and of course, we have yet another galactic challenge that currently prioritizes on droids and you still need Mando Beskar Armor as a feat. What's the so called "experiment" with this? I find CG's lack of common sense disturbing. The player base is mad for a reason.
  • Range1974
    900 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    I was not surprised at all when BM became mandatory to do stuff so I switched from my SEE effort to him. He is currently at g11 and survived the feat under JML.
    If you want to upgrade mods, focus on BM. Farm the toons, buy them with your crystals.
  • Options
    @CG_Doja_Fett can you tell CG to stop using Beskar Mando in galactic challenges for feats, especially if his faction isn’t being used? It’s really starting to annoy.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    @CG_Doja_Fett can you tell CG to stop using Beskar Mando in galactic challenges for feats, especially if his faction isn’t being used? It’s really starting to annoy.

Buckle up... they are doing one a week till the end of january.

ctynyg2bag6c.jpg
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Valeran wrote: »
    No Christmas presents because CG says there's no Christmas in Star Wars, yet the official Star Wars Twitter posted a Star Wars-themed holiday picture. No new years gift because CG is greedy

@Valeran please post screenshots showing you did not do the six consecutive days of two day long assault battles, thanks.
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member
    Options
    Adamklark wrote: »
    there were special packs.. I guess that's EA's Christmas style

They also give everyone double assault battle rewards but sure let’s ignore that
  • Options
    Yeah, but different people need different things.

With extra assault battles they can customize the rewards to a certain extent - 5M+ players get different rewards then 3M gp players... and yet no one yells about the unfairness like they would if CG just unilaterally decided to give more Kyros & relic mats to end-game folks & fewer to newer players.

I think that's the real PR debacle that they're trying to avoid.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    Well not everyone celebrates Xmas otherwise we would be looking at Hanukkah. Kwanzaa etc gift boxes.
    btw people usually expect something in their inbox labeled as Christmas gift, as there are double assault battles sometimes so it doesn't feel like a christmas gift, which again is nice just saying from marketing point of view

• Options
    No Christmas presents because CG says there's no Christmas in Star Wars, yet the official Star Wars Twitter posted a Star Wars-themed holiday picture. No new years gift because CG is greedy

@Valeran please post screenshots showing you did not do the six consecutive days of two day long assault battles, thanks.

Every game multiplies their events during holiday period so there's nothing new here.
  • Options
    Well not everyone celebrates Xmas otherwise we would be looking at Hanukkah. Kwanzaa etc gift boxes.
    btw people usually expect something in their inbox labeled as Christmas gift, as there are double assault battles sometimes so it doesn't feel like a christmas gift, which again is nice just saying from marketing point of view

What about Life Day?
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

Every game multiplies their events during holiday period so there's nothing new here.

Lol ok
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options

What about Life Day?

Nobody here has a life. Lol
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

What about Life Day?

Nobody here has a life. Lol

Hey.......

....ok, no I got nothing......
  • Options
    I thought it was cool adding Beskar Mando, now that CG added him as a requirement to challenges for mod slicing gear, less excited. But I let my frustrations slide on the scoundrel event because I thought maybe it be a single event cheap shot. Now it's droids and he is still a requirement? K CG, way to take a game I enjoy and twist it into something I'm considering dropping like a bad habit. 5 mill plus GP player. I like challenging events, I don't mind even long hard farms to unlock amazing toons cause it makes it worth it when you get them and slows down everything till you do. But saying you need this brand new toon in order to beef up toons you got? That's a low blow.
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member
    Options
    6lsawdh4e909.jpeg

Hate to break it to you but there’s gonna be more
  • Options
    As much as I was against this when I first saw it (and I still don't have Beskar), it's still a potential 35 slicing mats a week instead of the previous 20.

You lose out on one mod upgrade every 2 weeks compared to those who have him unlocked and you still get 7 6E-B upgrades (+ the freebie 6B-A) instead of 4 in the same amount of time.
This discussion has been closed.