Mandalorian GC

Prev1345
Why do we have a GC that's entirely gated on new, paywalled characters? The only usable leader for a full mandalorian squad is the armorer, who is pay to play. Aside from that, all the other mandalorians that aren't jango or mando are not great characters.

I get paywalling the highest level of crates, but to do it on the entire event is pretty much a slap in the face.

Replies

• Options
    Are you new here? Every other gc has had that feat since they released him. FYI, you can get the second highest crate without him.
  • Options
    Oh my goodness! These people spent time and money developing a game, and now would like SOME of the people playing it to VOLUNTARY pay something for it!?!?! THE HORROR! Somebody call the national guard! This has to stop!
  • Options
    I'm not talking about beskar mando based feats. I'm talking about requiring the mandalorian faction as a whole.
  • Options
    frackme_21 wrote: »
    I'm not talking about beskar mando based feats. I'm talking about requiring the mandalorian faction as a whole.

Is that in an upcoming one?
  • Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

You know something we don’t? There isn’t a feb event calendar as of yet. Datamine maybe?

Go in game and literally just scroll a bit in the events tab.
  • Options
    Gama_Fox wrote: »

You know something we don’t? There isn’t a feb event calendar as of yet. Datamine maybe?

Wonder what my r4 gar and r5 ISC will do?(I like my empire fleet)
  • Options

This is a character collecting and resource management game. Always 7* every character and ship.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    Snowbird13 wrote: »

My guess? Not much sadly. Mandalorian is just a tag at this point. There isn't really a leader with much synergy for the team.
  • Snowbird13
    460 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Snowbird13 wrote: »

My guess? Not much sadly. Mandalorian is just a tag at this point. There isn't really a leader with much synergy for the team.

They have got a couple holds in 3x3 under g8 armorers lead. The 200% protection helps. Hopefully I can get t4 with those three, Jango and Sabine. ISC is actually decent and does ok damage. Gar Saxon is a dark side mace. A non taunting take that does no damage
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member
    Options
    Why do we have a GC that's entirely gated on new, paywalled characters? The only usable leader for a full mandalorian squad is the armorer, who is pay to play. Aside from that, all the other mandalorians that aren't jango or mando are not great characters.

I get paywalling the highest level of crates, but to do it on the entire event is pretty much a slap in the face.

Unless you’ve seen all the feats for the upcoming GC and know something I dont then it’s no different than having us require beskar mando for a feat. Surely it just means that there will be one feat that says “complete the battle with a full team of mandalorians” and then the other feats will be the normal feats we always get so it’s just gating the top crates which you said you understood.
  • Options
    Jpolson43 wrote: »
    Oh my goodness! These people spent time and money developing a game, and now would like SOME of the people playing it to VOLUNTARY pay something for it!?!?! THE HORROR! Somebody call the national guard! This has to stop!

Considering their handling of the game the last couple months? Yes

Considering how expensive these characters are? Yes

Considering how much revenue this game has already generated and how ridiculous the pay walls are getting? Yes.

Considering how absolute trash the Mandalorian faction currently is? Yes.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    xGriiMErZ wrote: »

1.4 billion game, I think they can afford to give us a break here and there

I mean adding 1 or 2 toons to help bring together a new faction and adding that tag to older toons, seems like a fairly decent bone.

As opposed to just adding the whole faction as new toons.

It seems a little early to call the whole thing paywalled and at this point many players can be getting the mando faction ready FTP.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

I mean adding 1 or 2 toons to help bring together a new faction and adding that tag to older toons, seems like a fairly decent bone.

It seems a little early to call the whole thing paywalled and at this point many players can be getting the mando faction ready FTP.

This is true IF the GC is able to be completed without the Armorer. Bando has been out long enough.

Without Bando and the Armourer, the faction synergy is absolutely terrible. Maybe some reworks with other characters would’ve been nice to get better synergy? Then again, as TopCash said, too expensive.
  • Options
    Bokatan
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

This is true IF the GC is able to be completed without the Armorer. Bando has been out long enough.

That's my point.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Wadthebad wrote: »
    Bokatan

We can only hope to get Boo Karen at some point.

6rn3a4beyoyg.jpg
  • Options
    Hopefully they are adding Bo-Katan and some other Mandos to make this a viable faction and the tag wasn't just added for this Challenge.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited January 2021
    Options

Please show me a mando lead that isn't CURRENTLY behind a paid pack?

Both The Mandalorian and Jango have leader abilities that apply to 3/5s of a team made from older toons.

The Mandalorian (Beskar) can be unlocked by now for free. Which would then give you 3 leads that would apply to 4/5 of the team.

Its fine if you wish to assume you need the Armorer to win, but that's not based on anything, which is why I was suggesting it's too soon to make that call.

Or maybe you can show me how nothing else will work in that GC.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited January 2021
    Options

Both The Mandalorian and Jango have leader abilities that apply to 3/5s of a team made from older toons.

The Mandalorian (Beskar) can be unlocked by now for free. Which would then give you 3 leads that would apply to 4/5 of the team.

Its fine if you wish to assume you need the Armorer to win, but that's not based on anything, which is why I was suggesting it's too soon to make that call.

Good try, but I said mando, not bounty hunters, or scoundals, MANDO lead that isn't behind a paywall, the only real mando lead in game. By what you've said, it might as well just be a bounty hunter GC

You can require whatever you want, but that doesnt mean it's the only way, unless you can show me something that is based in facts and not just your assumptions.

Its still just too early to say that as if it's based in facts.

Also, there are Armeror packs for crystals, so if you want to be such a stickler for wording, its 100% not a paywall. You just need a great stash, or extreme luck.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Good try, but I said mando, not bounty hunters, or scoundals, MANDO lead that isn't behind a paywall, the only real mando lead in game. By what you've said, it might as well just be a bounty hunter GC

You can require whatever you want, but that doesnt mean it's the only way, unless you can show me something that is based in facts and not just your assumptions.

Again, I said show me a MANDO lead that isn't behind a paywall, not any other pointless info

Also, there are Armeror packs for crystals, so if you want to be such a stickler for wording, its 100% not a paywall. You just need a great stash, or extreme luck.

I added that last bit after my post, so there it is.

Also you dont need the leader to have Mandalorian anything other than the tag to get the feat. Your added requirement isnt in game, it is something you are adding, because you want it to be something there is no proof that it is, at this time.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Ah yes, the old classic. CG pulls a sith move, people complain, Kyno defends it on a technicality. Never gets old.