Replies

• TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Lol at anyone surprised by this.

Honestly, I wasn't surprised by the BAM feats every other GC. I am a little surprised that instead of rotating factions, they have the same faction every other GC. It's almost like they are intentionally trying to make the game mode less interesting and more repetitive.

I mean I realize that the game is Star Wars: Grinding of Heroes, but this seems an odd choice....even for CG.

What happened to Galaxy of Hoarding?

Tough decision whether to put some resources into getting Beskar Mando to ensure maximum GC rewards or just hoard and ignore

My point wasn't about the rewards - hence the comment about understanding and being okay with the BAM feats. It was actually about the game play and enjoyment of the game mode.

Making Mandalorians (especially when there is only a handful) the "featured" faction in 4 of the 8 GCs this month seems unnecessarily repetitive. Even if you have Mandalorians at the levels needed to succeed, it's just monotony when faction variety would have worked and been more fun.

If it's not about the rewards, use whatever faction you want.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Banr_05
    51 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    I haven't spent any time gearing mandos but I'm sure the gear reqs are tough too.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Character collecting game. Collect them all and get them all to 7*.

I have all my mando’s (aside from Armourer) at 7*. That doesn’t get me the red crate ;)

Same, but my 3* Armorer did get me the red crate.

She did by herself? Or did other relic and g12 mandalorians, in your case BMando, Jango, etc, carry the tank weight? I don’t think 7* alone got anyone the red crate which was my point.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

I have all my mando’s (aside from Armourer) at 7*. That doesn’t get me the red crate ;)

She did by herself? Or did other relic and g12 mandalorians, in your case BMando, Jango, etc, carry the tank weight? I don’t think 7* alone got anyone the red crate which was my point.

I have since bought the pack to bring in the 4th *, which I though would help, but tried it at 3* first,

Note that Ultra did it with R0 Mando, I just have no issues going to R3.

here are my toons:
    dco23exdy2qj.jpg

Mando is a great toon, and I see no down side to being him to relic level for future use.
  • StarSon
    7441 posts Member
    Options

Mando (r1) Jango (r5) ISC (g8) Beskar (g8) Armorer (3* g8 with zeta) got me the red crate. It was RNG (needed to get 3 Beskar on Armorer and put it on Mando), but it worked. It's Armorer that makes that work at all, since the counters from the 3 stacks means Mando goes a lot to cycle through disintegration.
  • Options

I have since bought the pack to bring in the 4th *, which I though would help, but tried it at 3* first,

here are my toons:
    dco23exdy2qj.jpg

Mando is a great toon, and I see no down side to being him to relic level for future use.

Is he a fun toon? Yes. Great? That’s personal opinion. I think personally he falls short of a journey hero character.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

here are my toons:
    dco23exdy2qj.jpg

Is he a fun toon? Yes. Great? That’s personal opinion. I think personally he falls short of a journey hero character.

Fun is a personal opinion too.....
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited February 2021
    Options

here are my toons:
    dco23exdy2qj.jpg

pe67ovaiuck2.jpg

'The Mandalorian', not beskar.

So the investment in Mando for his BH flexibility is a good investment IMO.
  • Options

here are my toons:
    dco23exdy2qj.jpg

pe67ovaiuck2.jpg

Ahhhh thought you were talking about BMando.

No I agree OGmando is a great addition to BH, but I can’t take him to G12 currently. All in on SLKR by mid feb and after that have other priorities. If I’m lucky I can work on my project teams like him in April. Then again....that just means more GL’s incoming
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

here are my toons:
    dco23exdy2qj.jpg

pe67ovaiuck2.jpg

No I agree OGmando is a great addition to BH, but I can’t take him to G12 currently. All in on SLKR by mid feb and after that have other priorities. If I’m lucky I can work on my project teams like him in April. Then again....that just means more GL’s incoming

I completely understand that not everyone can do things the same way. I am a BH/Mando fan, this was all on my track before my 3rd GL.

Personally, I see a longer path before new GLs, but who knows, but if there are more coming, i also see them being along the current path of development, which is Mando..... so I'm kind of banking on that too.
  • Options

here are my toons:
    dco23exdy2qj.jpg

pe67ovaiuck2.jpg

I completely understand that not everyone can do things the same way. I am a BH/Mando fan, this was all on my track before my 3rd GL.

Personally, I see a longer path before new GLs, but who knows, but if there are more coming, i also see them being along the current path of development, which is Mando..... so I'm kind of banking on that too.

Meh, not taking chances. Once I get SLKR I’ll get the staple toons up to snuff then hoard for a bit. If nothing comes of anything in April then I’ll start to move along with BH/Mando. However I think with bad batch coming, and perhaps some clone wars reworks or toons...clone war era GL’s....
  • Options
    Dibs gearing up my entire Mando faction just in time for CG to move the goalpost and introduce the bad batch, deathwatch, ect faction and make them the 'every other week' GC faction.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

here are my toons:
    dco23exdy2qj.jpg

pe67ovaiuck2.jpg

Meh, not taking chances. Once I get SLKR I’ll get the staple toons up to snuff then hoard for a bit. If nothing comes of anything in April then I’ll start to move along with BH/Mando. However I think with bad batch coming, and perhaps some clone wars reworks or toons...clone war era GL’s....

I am always slow to move, as that helps to stay flexible, but those are the plans I'm working from, to not take too many chances.

Similar to the mando release, I would expect a delay for things to translate from one medium to the next, especially for a GL level of things.
  • Options
    Wait and see.

My guess is that it’s Mandalorians this month because 1) the faction tag is new and 2) people are still getting Beskar Mando.

Next month it’ll probably be another featured faction/character.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Another tasteless tactic brought to you by CG. Expect GC to always be heavily dependent on the newest releases going forward.
  • StarSon
    7441 posts Member
    Options
    Another tasteless tactic brought to you by CG. Expect GC to always be heavily dependent on the newest releases going forward.

Technically it should be: expect 50% of the GC to only reward the top tier box if you have the newest releases, otherwise during those GC you only get the 2nd best box.

Though, my Armorer is g8 3* and Beskar is g8 and I got the top tier box this go 'round.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »

Technically it should be: expect 50% of the GC to only reward the top tier box if you have the newest releases, otherwise during those GC you only get the 2nd best box.

Though, my Armorer is g8 3* and Beskar is g8 and I got the top tier box this go 'round.

You are being far too rational.
  • Options
    You should expect GC to get more dependent on their new marketing plan. I would even expect future GC to maintain current dependence on Mandos while adding in the next new release. Then Mandos will drop out of the GC rotation when the NEXT next new release happens. And so on. Keep chasing the carrot.
  • StarSon
    7441 posts Member
    Options
    You should expect GC to get more dependent on their new marketing plan. I would even expect future GC to maintain current dependence on Mandos while adding in the next new release. Then Mandos will drop out of the GC rotation when the NEXT next new release happens. And so on. Keep chasing the carrot.

We've been chasing the carrot for over 5 years. At least they aren't actually mandatory like they used to be. Now they are only mandatory for the best box. Second box is do-able without the whatever.
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Antario wrote: »
    Does that mean if you don't have decent mando characters moving forward you can kiss bye bye to the red crate?

That applies to all player factions, not just mandos

This goes against what they promised, GC was going to use all of ur roster not 1 faction for half of them, this just shows that CG knows no bounds and will be greedy as hell. I'm so glad I went f2p last year
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Does that mean if you don't have decent mando characters moving forward you can kiss bye bye to the red crate?

This goes against what they promised, GC was going to use all of ur roster not 1 faction for half of them, this just shows that CG knows no bounds and will be greedy as hell. I'm so glad I went f2p last year

Nothing is stopping you from using all your roster.

Congrats on your f2p status i guess.
  • Options

The rewards are tho, 2hzxk33ohx1h.jpg
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

The rewards are tho, 2hzxk33ohx1h.jpg

They never promised anyone max rewards, nor should they.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options

Did they promise not repeating a faction? If not, they didn't break any promises yet
  • Options

Did they promise not repeating a faction? If not, they didn't break any promises yet

Nah they didn't, nor do I care. Just pointing out how greedy one can get
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

Nah they didn't, nor do I care. Just pointing out how greedy one can get

You failed to do so, but ok.
  • Options
    The problem here isn't the stars, but the gear. Many toons can be decent at g11/low stars, but you aren't completing these events with all g8/g9 toons. For Mando's, I bet a lot of people, me included, don't have these toons geared. I never put any gear into Jango, and Sabine was the Phoenix squad member I didn't concentrate on. Ordo is the only toon I have decent gear on and that was for the KOTOR stuff. Everyone else is g8 or g9. If I was gifted 100 fully crafted Mk 5 stun guns, I could probably equipment them all in about ten minutes time. That is still how many I need. I currently have 81 toons that need one or two for their current gear levels. I'm certainly not going to use them on Mandos when I still have two GL's to gear toons for. Most of my GL toons that are below g12 are all waiting for one or two stun guns at this point. Really, this is why people are complaining. We may have had these toons 7* for a while, but the gear crunch is just too much. We need a lot more stun gun salvage. I'm lucky if I see them in one store, once a day. I don't think that is a coincidence that they don't show up in the stores that much.