Mandos mandatory for GC now?

Replies

• Options
    Borat wrote: »
    again, choices you make in this game have consequences and rewards. Those who went all in on Mando toons got best rewards, those that didn't got t6. However those who did go all in on Mando sacrificed elsewhere that would impact another event in a negative way. Assuming we are talking about F2P or minnows. You should be rewarded/penalized based on your choices.

Look at Jawas. Everyone in my guild made fun of me going r5 on my jawas but now i can 4/4 with rey in LSTB Phase 4 and get 15-20% in CPIT P1 and save my SLK for p2/3. However I was burned by not leveling my 501s sooner and lost out on Ki shards. I still have only beat that mission 2 times since it went live. Choices Choices Choices.

Yeah please show me how ur r7 gar suckson and imperial super commander did against the final tier. You only going to win those battles if you paid for the new toons. But please prove me wrong by showing me how you beat those final missions without the armorer and the beskar mando
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    again, choices you make in this game have consequences and rewards. Those who went all in on Mando toons got best rewards, those that didn't got t6. However those who did go all in on Mando sacrificed elsewhere that would impact another event in a negative way. Assuming we are talking about F2P or minnows. You should be rewarded/penalized based on your choices.

Look at Jawas. Everyone in my guild made fun of me going r5 on my jawas but now i can 4/4 with rey in LSTB Phase 4 and get 15-20% in CPIT P1 and save my SLK for p2/3. However I was burned by not leveling my 501s sooner and lost out on Ki shards. I still have only beat that mission 2 times since it went live. Choices Choices Choices.

Yeah please show me how ur r7 gar suckson and imperial super commander did against the final tier. You only going to win those battles if you paid for the new toons. But please prove me wrong by showing me how you beat those final missions without the armorer and the beskar mando

I did not pay for the new characters, and I beat all feats on all tiers. My Armorer is 3* g8, Beskar is g8, and I used ISC at g8.
  • Options
    @Borat look i invested in my BH! Now I can do rebel round up and the the galactic bounty hunter event! But I didn't invest into the night sisters and I can only do challenge p1 of the secret of shadows.
    But why don't we get 4 rebel round up and just 1 secret and shadows per month? Why does it rotate to those other missions that require other factions? Because everyone should get a chance to use their toons and gain rewards. That's how GC was until now. Now its mandalorian or nothing
  • Options
    They are just getting everyone to chase and this use materials and crystals before they release the next actual must have GL.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    Now they are only mandatory for the best box. Second box is do-able without the whatever.

For now.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited February 2021
    Options

So then can you explain how people are doing it with 3* Armorer (g11), and The Mandalorian(r0 -r3) and nothing else in relic level..... pretty sure you dont have to pay to get those.

@Itsa_me_Malario

v9a937zb0lly.jpg
    I added the star after completing this, as Ultra said they did it with 3 and I wanted to try.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Yep another cash grab for good old CG. These Mando toons are awful!!!

These chars are farmable for ftp
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Antario wrote: »
    Does that mean if you don't have decent mando characters moving forward you can kiss bye bye to the red crate?

That applies to all player factions, not just mandos

This goes against what they promised, GC was going to use all of ur roster not 1 faction for half of them, this just shows that CG knows no bounds and will be greedy as hell. I'm so glad I went f2p last year

Ehhhh..... That's a pretty diaingenuous line of reasoning. It conveniently ignores that they also doubled the number of GCs per month and reconfigured feats so that you'll probably need two or even three teams to complete them all (unless you have a maxed out team of the featured faction). Doubling the number, even if one faction, such as Mandalorians, is repeated for half of them still means you're using more of your roster than before.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Yep another cash grab for good old CG. These Mando toons are awful!!!

These chars are farmable for ftp

Can we all agree that bMando is awful AND f2p farmable?
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Antario wrote: »
    Does that mean if you don't have decent mando characters moving forward you can kiss bye bye to the red crate?

That applies to all player factions, not just mandos

This goes against what they promised, GC was going to use all of ur roster not 1 faction for half of them, this just shows that CG knows no bounds and will be greedy as hell. I'm so glad I went f2p last year

Ehhhh..... That's a pretty diaingenuous line of reasoning. It conveniently ignores that they also doubled the number of GCs per month and reconfigured feats so that you'll probably need two or even three teams to complete them all (unless you have a maxed out team of the featured faction). Doubling the number, even if one faction, such as Mandalorians, is repeated for half of them still means you're using more of your roster than before.

All that does not negate the fact that we play GC (and other PvE game modes) mainly for the rewards. That's the only quality criterion most people care.

If I want to have fun with my roster, I'd go for GAC or TW.
  • Options
    @NicWester just look at this e7vjbsce5ce8.jpg vs this month n7925b78ti6j.jpg
    8 factions vs 5, diversity is important.

Now look at our heroics and assault battles mss0u7c7axcl.jpg
    Diversity
  • Options
    Hold up.... you saw CG add a new game mode and didn't think they'd find some way to monetize it? I'd like to see the rock you've been living under. Hope it was comfy!
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options

The faction is only required for the top tier box, just like Mando was required for that last month. It is no different. If you don't want to use Mandalorians, then don't.
  • Options
    The mando thing is a little overboard. Even as a F2P player yes it's possible to be able to get red crate in these. However, you would of had to put whatever you were farming prior to the release of kuill/IG-11/Cara/Greef/Regular mando aside to grind all those toons to 7* as soon as they came out so that you could then unlock beskar mando.

GC was a fun diverse thing that I quite enjoyed when it first came out. However, like everything CG will let us have some fun with it at first and then after a while all they do is see how to make it increase the RL money purchases.

One thing those of us F2P players don't want to ever see and admit is a very simple fact. CG really does not care about making any of us happy. We either don't spend at all or spend very little. So they see what we want as irrelevant.

Now they've found a way to force those dolphins/whales/krakens to spend instantly on new characters if they expect to get red crate rewards every time in GC.

Sadly, it is what it is. They really don't care about keeping the F2P/low end spenders happy at all. The change to shard farming was simply to help attract more new players to the game and out of those it would bring new spenders to the game. The thought behind that was if we let the new spenders catch up to the old spenders a bit faster by letting them have 2x shard drops on 1+ year old characters we will keep more new spenders around in a game that is already so old.

Nothing they decide to do will ever be in the benefit of the F2P/low end spenders and sadly we've just got to deal with it or stop playing.
  • Options

The faction is only required for the top tier box, just like Mando was required for that last month. It is no different. If you don't want to use Mandalorians, then don't.

Can't gain the 2nd best prizes unless you use mandalorian's, ur logic is flawed
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options

I am almost positive I had the second best box without completing the full Mandalorian feat.

As for that other one, Rey basically solo'd it, and I know JML was able to do the same. So, sure, you have to have 4 Mandalorians activated, but do people that have a shot at any top tier box not have 4 activated mandalorians?
  • Options

I am almost positive I had the second best box without completing the full Mandalorian feat.

As for that other one, Rey basically solo'd it, and I know JML was able to do the same. So, sure, you have to have 4 Mandalorians activated, but do people that have a shot at any top tier box not have 4 activated mandalorians?

I used malak it was easy took 1 try. But still you can't get the top prize boxes unless u use the Mandalorians
  • Options

I used malak it was easy took 1 try. But still you can't get the top prize boxes unless u use the Mandalorians

You're splitting hairs at this point. Unless they make it worse, the second best box is easily obtainable with lower gear Mandalorians.
  • Options

You're splitting hairs at this point. Unless they make it worse, the second best box is easily obtainable with lower gear Mandalorians.

Nah man you are doing that, you said

If you don't use mandos you won't get the top prizes
  • Options

Sure, in the same way that if you don’t use Rebels today you don’t get the top tier box.
  • Options

Sure, in the same way that if you don’t use Rebels today you don’t get the top tier box.

But you ont need to use rebels on the next GC, so if you don't have Rebels but got sith, you can earn the top reward,
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

Exactly TVF
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Exactly TVF

It was a deletion. Doesn't make you right.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Name a more iconic duo. I'll wait:
    TVF and Kyno + defending anything and everything CG does.

• Options
    th3evo wrote: »

forums/reddit + whining about everything
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Legend91 wrote: »

forums/reddit + whining about everything

It's pretty sad that people keep defending billion dollar corporations for free. You should at least try to get paid.
  • Gorgus
    122 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Perhaps you’ve overlooked the simple possibility that others just don’t share your opinions.
  • Options
    Gorgus wrote: »
    Perhaps you’ve overlooked the simple possibility that others just don’t share your opinions.

You don't have to share my opinion. You also don't have to defend CG, they can do it themselves.
  • Options
    Gorgus wrote: »

You don't have to share my opinion. You also don't have to defend CG, they can do it themselves.

Where am I defending them?
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg