New conquest event feedback

Replies

• NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Feats..... these are already starting to hamper the experience. And now I get the honor of using resources on attempting them unlike GC's where you can keep trying. Only negative I have so far......feats.

This annoyed me at first but after some thought I don't mind it. I look to see if there's an easy feat in the boss battle (don't use Old Republic at the end of board 3, for instance) and get that on the first run. Get any others I can on the first run as well. Then ignore the ones that will take multiple tries (30 crits, 700% turn reduction, etc) because any energy spent on those will be better spent on advancing down the board in new battles.

Once I've reached a point where I can't advance further or where I have some extra energy, only then will I go back for feats.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    th3evo wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Dunno whether it was mentioned already but Data Disk Stockpiles shouldn't offer indentical data disks.
    My Sector 3 after boss stockpile has Ruthless Debilitation twice with the same exact stats.

Why shouldn't identical discs be offered? The effects stack.

They are looking at the situation when identical ones show up at the same time. That is a bug.

Then why is there a "you own x" counter?

You can choose only 1 Data Disks at each Stockpile. One of my Stockpiles offers 2 identical Data Disks which limits my options.

And?

We were told effects stack. Reason 1 it would make sense to have duplicates. There is a counter listing how many you own. Reason 2 it would make sense to have duplicates.

What does your response have to do with it? You're talking about why you don't want duplicates, which is a different issue than if there are supposed to be duplicates.
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    What do I do to spend the remaining 55 credits so they don't burn? There's nothing else that can earn me credits left.

qz0qvn60a67c.png

These credits carry over.

Keycards, consumables, and datadisks all reset.

No worries on the confusion--they threw a lot of new words at us without a lot of context or thorough in-game explanation. It's easy to get confused. Also don't worry that you probably spent a bunch on consumables that are going to be reset because if you're red boxed you're going to get a bajillion more at the end of the event.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Konju
    1181 posts Member
    Options
    Alijar1 wrote: »
    At 4.3M GP, I was struggling getting through Sector 3 until I managed to RNG myself into a godly Data Disc combination.
    1. I feel that this is too hard for a "Normal" difficulty: If I'm having trouble only 3 sectors in at the recommended GP for the "Hard" difficulty, and only managing to cheese my way through because of RNG, the difficulty is too strong.
    2. My main faults lie in the speed of the enemies and their gear/relic level. I can only outspeed them by using an SLKR lead, but once I've used up my stamina with SLKR then I'm pretty screwed. "But what about Stamina Boosters?" Yes, those help keeping my SLKR in the running, but I would like to get through the conquest without having to use just one character every single matchup.
    3. The Wandering Scavenger offers too little for people who don't want to spend crystals. Just one purchase of one type of booster? And the prices on those boosters are just ridiculous for the crystals. There needs to be more to be purchased with credits from the traders.
    4. I'd like to be able to see what the Data Discs do before applying them to my loadout. Perhaps holding down the Data Disc, or a confirmation button along with a description of the Data Disc would be the best way to do it.

My alt at 2.4M has reached sector 4. My best squads are EP/Vader, JKR & Padme. This is tuned just fine imo.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    There’s definitely something bugged with the Chain Attack feat. I took 12 turns in a row before finishing off three in one shot with GL Rey’s Whirlwind and it wasn’t completed.

Zero turns were taken from when I started counting, not even by stunned enemies (I used characters with non-damaging attacks because I didn’t want to risk killing anyone and breaking the 3-shot feat, so no one was stunned). I don’t know what’s happening, but either some characters aren’t being counted or the event is counting TM for dead characters or something.

Have the same thing happen. Not sure, but I think it means you have to hit 10 times before the enemy strikes AT ALL. With the taunt on Traya, I can't kill him fast enough to stop Nihilus from taking a turn, so I can't get it either.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Dunno whether it was mentioned already but Data Disk Stockpiles shouldn't offer indentical data disks.
    My Sector 3 after boss stockpile has Ruthless Debilitation twice with the same exact stats.

Why shouldn't identical discs be offered? The effects stack.

They are looking at the situation when identical ones show up at the same time. That is a bug.

Then why is there a "you own x" counter?

You can choose only 1 Data Disks at each Stockpile. One of my Stockpiles offers 2 identical Data Disks which limits my options.

And?

We were told effects stack. Reason 1 it would make sense to have duplicates. There is a counter listing how many you own. Reason 2 it would make sense to have duplicates.

What does your response have to do with it? You're talking about why you don't want duplicates, which is a different issue than if there are supposed to be duplicates.
    What do I do to spend the remaining 55 credits so they don't burn? There's nothing else that can earn me credits left.

qz0qvn60a67c.png

These credits carry over.

Keycards, consumables, and datadisks all reset.

No worries on the confusion--they threw a lot of new words at us without a lot of context or thorough in-game explanation. It's easy to get confused. Also don't worry that you probably spent a bunch on consumables that are going to be reset because if you're red boxed you're going to get a bajillion more at the end of the event.

My other confusion is that injector boxes say "one of these items" while the other gear boxes doesn't. Do we get all the content in them?
  • Options
    @ air mike & Nic Wester
    Have the same thing happen. Not sure, but I think it means you have to hit 10 times before the enemy strikes AT ALL. With the taunt on Traya, I can't kill him fast enough to stop Nihilus from taking a turn, so I can't get it either.

I don't know what's happening for you (and I'm not defending buggy code) but if you still need to get the feet done, try Veers (L), Gideon, Piett, Starck + 1 more (I can't remember if that's the "no tanks" feat or the "no attackers" feat on that level, but the first 4 are all support, so Range works just fine as a 5th support no matter what, but you can also use just about any Imp).

Gideon is fast, and with data disks can be even faster - much faster! - if you like. (Starck can also be very fast.) With Piett on the battlefield you get stacks of The Emperor's Trap every time any character acts in any way. This translates into +10% TM per turn (because of Veers' leadership) on each and every single character. It's still possible to fail to get 100% TM every time, so the loop isn't necessarily infinite, but it can be if you don't have any enemies that have TM jumping and you use abilities that call assists so that people get more than +10% TM per turn. (10% for the person whose turn it was +10% more for each assist)

So load up on speed disks, make sure that Starck & Gideon are modded for speed and you can plow through.

You'll take damage for your assists, but you also have passive healing ability which, for me, more than overcame any damage from occasional assists.

So long as either Starck or Gideon goes first, you can plow through them taking about 40 turns in a row or whatever (fewer if your Imps are all relic'd, but still well over 10). Easy peasy.
  • cboath7
    474 posts Member
    Options
    Engage wrote: »
    I have been playing for well over a year and every time new things get added into the game I feel like I'm left out.
    This new conquest event is the most pathetic excuse to tell 90% of the player base that they're not worth the time or effort.
    Thanks alot EA for another useless event that I will not be allowed to participate in for prizes.

So you think you should be able to do everything a 6 year player should? Events should be tailored to you?

Do you have any idea how ignorant you sound? They made the event with multiple difficulties! It says so when you launch the event!

yeah but its geared for more endgame players

that's odd terminology frankly as there is no main game, mid game etc. The only 'end' aspect is once you reach level 85. That's it. You can keep accumulating, but you don't get any further into the game.

I mean, if you can make a 'Normal' level and a 'Hard' level, nothing is stopping you from making 9 levels or whatever and letting everyone in on it either. Just saying. If someone with 6M GP wants to waste their energy on tier 1 facing lvl 40 toons, more power to them. If they want to spend it all on tier 9, that's fine too.

That said, i'd think the entry level would probably be getting GW on auto, at which point you become eligible for CQ (or whatever they're abbreviating it with these days).

I mean, based on your description, it's just a way for the top 10% ers (or less) to just distance themselves further from the pack. It's not really the intent, but that description makes it seem that way. Not trying to take shots at what they put together, but, uh, you gotta be up there to get into the hard section if you gotta beat a GL to do it. Not sure i'll be making it to hard mode in the foreseeable future, but there are aspects that are fun.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    cboath7 wrote: »
    I have been playing for well over a year and every time new things get added into the game I feel like I'm left out.
    This new conquest event is the most pathetic excuse to tell 90% of the player base that they're not worth the time or effort.
    Thanks alot EA for another useless event that I will not be allowed to participate in for prizes.

So you think you should be able to do everything a 6 year player should? Events should be tailored to you?

Do you have any idea how ignorant you sound? They made the event with multiple difficulties! It says so when you launch the event!

yeah but its geared for more endgame players

that's odd terminology frankly as there is no main game, mid game etc. The only 'end' aspect is once you reach level 85. That's it. You can keep accumulating, but you don't get any further into the game.

I mean, if you can make a 'Normal' level and a 'Hard' level, nothing is stopping you from making 9 levels or whatever and letting everyone in on it either. Just saying. If someone with 6M GP wants to waste their energy on tier 1 facing lvl 40 toons, more power to them. If they want to spend it all on tier 9, that's fine too.

That said, i'd think the entry level would probably be getting GW on auto, at which point you become eligible for CQ (or whatever they're abbreviating it with these days).

I mean, based on your description, it's just a way for the top 10% ers (or less) to just distance themselves further from the pack. It's not really the intent, but that description makes it seem that way. Not trying to take shots at what they put together, but, uh, you gotta be up there to get into the hard section if you gotta beat a GL to do it. Not sure i'll be making it to hard mode in the foreseeable future, but there are aspects that are fun.

In a game like this, level is not a measure of where you are in game.

Players are building a set of tools in their roster. This includes a base of toons needed to get other key toons.

Late game/end game is a thing, it's generally when you get past things that are "needed" and can make choices based on what think is a good direction for your roster.

As you develope you do better in many game modes and events, and can make different "choices" to suit your play style.
  • Options
    As one measure of "endgame" I have used
    You either have, or are currently farming, every toon in the game available to farm.

At that point you can gear up for event toons - nowadays that's Wat, KAM, & GLs because of how long it takes to get them - which you will not necessarily have all of. But as Kyno suggests, at that point it's just a matter of your preference to go after one goal or another, not ability.

I have all the ships in the game 7*. The only farmable toons I don't have finished are Young Han, Gammorean Guard, and IG-11, but I consider myself end-game because I have all of them (every one is unlocked) and IG-11 is the only one I'm actually really interested in getting to 7*, and the only reason it isn't there is because it's a new release. I'm also only a couple days from finishing (88/100).

If there were enough characters that I don't have yet that I couldn't possibly farm them all at the same time, then I wouldn't consider myself endgame. YH & GamG would have been finished long ago themselves except I simply don't see any role for them on my roster and their shards compete with important gear since they're exclusive to the Guild Store where I pick up Carbantis & Mk3 Holos & g11 finishers. But they're 5* and I occasionally throw some guild tokens their way, when I'm feeling wealthy. I might even finish them sometime in the next 2 years, but I don't really care about them.

To me, having them unlocked and just not caring enough to finish them isn't a measure of whether I, as a player, have the ability to farm all remaining toons at once.

So it's a malleable definition, I admit, but it forms a useful approximation.

• Options
    @ air mike & Nic Wester

I don't know what's happening for you (and I'm not defending buggy code) but if you still need to get the feet done, try Veers (L), Gideon, Piett, Starck + 1 more (I can't remember if that's the "no tanks" feat or the "no attackers" feat on that level, but the first 4 are all support, so Range works just fine as a 5th support no matter what, but you can also use just about any Imp).

Gideon is fast, and with data disks can be even faster - much faster! - if you like. (Starck can also be very fast.) With Piett on the battlefield you get stacks of The Emperor's Trap every time any character acts in any way. This translates into +10% TM per turn (because of Veers' leadership) on each and every single character. It's still possible to fail to get 100% TM every time, so the loop isn't necessarily infinite, but it can be if you don't have any enemies that have TM jumping and you use abilities that call assists so that people get more than +10% TM per turn. (10% for the person whose turn it was +10% more for each assist)

So load up on speed disks, make sure that Starck & Gideon are modded for speed and you can plow through.

You'll take damage for your assists, but you also have passive healing ability which, for me, more than overcame any damage from occasional assists.

So long as either Starck or Gideon goes first, you can plow through them taking about 40 turns in a row or whatever (fewer if your Imps are all relic'd, but still well over 10). Easy peasy.

Thanks for the reply, but I don't have anything close to that team. No Gideon, Piett I haven't modded at all, Veers I have but not very far along. Any more conventional teams to try? I know the ewoks have a lot of TM, but I don't know if they have enough to take out Traya and this team.

Maybe I just can't do that feat with my collection.
  • Options
    i know ppl were complaining about the 'don't use attackers' feats. I had no issues. Opened up Support toon category, chose Traya lead. Added Badsty and DN. Opened up Tank toon category, chose Sion and SET. Not that big a deal. They accomplished it fairly easily.
  • Konju
    1181 posts Member
    Options
    i know ppl were complaining about the 'don't use attackers' feats. I had no issues. Opened up Support toon category, chose Traya lead. Added Badsty and DN. Opened up Tank toon category, chose Sion and SET. Not that big a deal. They accomplished it fairly easily.

I went for the no attacker and no tank feats at the same time. Used Padme, Shaak, C3PO, R2 & Hoda. Kinda fun.
  • Options
    I know it's a stupid question, but I haven't read it anywhere. when hard node comes into conquest, we will receive prizes for normal and hard separately, or only for hard?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

I actually like those feats - that one, the "Non supportive" feat which requires no support characters, the ones that restrict factions, etc. I would rather have 5 of those types of feats over a single "remove 500% tm" with no counter.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Konju
    1181 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

I actually like those feats - that one, the "Non supportive" feat which requires no support characters, the ones that restrict factions, etc. I would rather have 5 of those types of feats over a single "remove 500% tm" with no counter.

This.
  • Options
    Throwing my feedback in; love the data discs but as others mentioned cost is limiting the change up. My suggestion would be after a sector is clear allow us to continue with current set or clear and reapply without penalty - you can still charge for mid-sector changes so there would still be a bit of a limiter
  • Konju
    1181 posts Member
    Options
    Magruffin wrote: »
    Throwing my feedback in; love the data discs but as others mentioned cost is limiting the change up. My suggestion would be after a sector is clear allow us to continue with current set or clear and reapply without penalty - you can still charge for mid-sector changes so there would still be a bit of a limiter

This only makes sense as some data disks hinder feat progression. Good luck getting evasion feats in sector 5 with the Dread data disk already assigned.
  • Options
    No more mk4 stun guns. Ever.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Conquest is awful and I hate it. A ton of busywork with feats? It’s like you saw how much people hate rta and blitz in msf and thought you should combine the two. Tbf it’s not as bad as those, yet anyway, but making razor crest available there makes it the new character release in blitz. At least rta you don’t have to try 153 things to get get the feats. See first reply to the modifier feedback thread for what I mean. Annoying timesuck. Go make a good raid instead, and a ship raid. Something fun. It’s like you don’t want to give us sandbox so here’s sandbox-lite, except “mandatory.” Boo
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Cs99
    146 posts Member
    Options
    Really enjoyed everything about conquest except for the feats. The event and sector feats weren't bad, but some of the boss feats were really frustrating.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    Cs99 wrote: »
    Really enjoyed everything about conquest except for the feats. The event and sector feats weren't bad, but some of the boss feats were really frustrating.

Yup this is also dawning on me towards the end. Most of the boss feats suck.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

Agreed. In hard mode these numerically hidden feats are likely to be far more difficult and this, more frustrating. Especially since they will also likely be needed for top rewards.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Agreed. In hard mode these numerically hidden feats are likely to be far more difficult and this, more frustrating. Especially since they will also likely be needed for top rewards.

Guaranteed. Feats..... the new wall system
  • TVF
    36771 posts Member
    Options
    Xx1xx2xx2 wrote: »
    I know it's a stupid question, but I haven't read it anywhere. when hard node comes into conquest, we will receive prizes for normal and hard separately, or only for hard?

You will have to choose one mode.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Okay I'm just barely into Sector 5 in my main, my alt just finished sector 4. I'm really, really pleased with the difficulty level of Conquest. My main is 6.3 mil gp w/1 GL (that I haven't used yet) and all the big Journey Guide toons (except BAM) while my alt is 3.5 mil with only 2 teams at full relics- Geonosians and Padme. My main has never once had an issue and it feels really OP tbh (which I expected, given my GP and roster). My alt sometimes has a little more of a struggle when my Padme team's stamina gets down into the 60% range :joy: but it's not impossible and my knowledge of those teams' strengths is helping that account do ALOT better than I thought it would. I was expecting the alt to grind to a halt in sector 4 so excited to see how far I get in sector 5 with it.
  • Options
    I met it too, the feats are invisible. I thought it was a bug of graphic.

Yes, some great are faded out so they are not possible to read clearly, do I don't know what to attempt. Just as well I've got the red create so I don't need to worry about them now. I had just thought that I only had one shot at the feats, or because I had gone on to the they were not available. But maybe it is just a graphics bug?
  • Konju
    1181 posts Member
    Options
    If you jump into a different selection and back (don’t battle or anything) they show up again.
  • Options
    If you jump into a different selection and back (don’t battle or anything) they show up again.

1. Not always, I've tried it.
    2. I get that you're not saying this, but I sure hope CG doesn't think this is a reason not to fix it. I don't care if players seem "lazy" for not wanting to navigate around the world and back just to make the screen appear readable. Instructions & information should be readable first time, every time, CG. I honestly don't know how in the world you could fail at programming so badly that you can't make text show up. Fix it.
  • Konju
    1181 posts Member
    Options

1. Not always, I've tried it.
    2. I get that you're not saying this, but I sure hope CG doesn't think this is a reason not to fix it. I don't care if players seem "lazy" for not wanting to navigate around the world and back just to make the screen appear readable. Instructions & information should be readable first time, every time, CG. I honestly don't know how in the world you could fail at programming so badly that you can't make text show up. Fix it.

Dang, I was hoping that would work. Yes fix it please.
  • Starslayer
    2425 posts Member
    Options
    Done, here goes the feedback. 5.5M GP, 2 GLs. First of all, kudos, it's very fun. I finished early because I used some refresh. I didn't have too but I wanted to play.

- Energy is fine. You have 8 battles a day and you need to only win 5 to complete conquest to whole thing, barring feats. The possibility to refresh comes handy if you hit a wall and want to try different combos to break it.

- Stamina is fine. I can use the same team at 100% at breakfast, lunch and dinner. If you only open your app twice a day, 4 teams are enough to make your 8 battles.

- Feats: their job is clear: putting you out of your confort zone and/or make you use a broad roster. It's perfectly fine imo. Some are better than others though. "no attackers", "darkside only", "no more than 5 Special skills" are fine because they're easy to track and get the job done. "Score 30 critical hits" or the dreaded "remove TM" are much less elegant imo and far too complicated to track for the same purpose. Feat ideas: "Commanders on the bridge: use a squad with only leader units", "Who's the boss?: use a squad without a leader unit", "Do get cocky: win with 4 or less characters", "Old school: win a battle without having data disk equipped" and"to me, she's royalty: win with an all female squad".

- Data disks. Great. However, 3 things:1) Having some just worse than others (the exact same text but with higher numbers) doesn't bring much to the game because it seems all random. It's not different, it's just better if you're luckier. 2) having the choice between the same disk twice is not a choice. 3) using conquest money to switch them is unfun. You can't engage one of the most interesting part of the mode if you want to be efficient. The smart move would be to wait that people test different data disks combos online, pick the one you like based one what you drew and be done with it. The smart thing to do, but not the fun thing to do. Please reconsider.

- Adversaries. Fine, not so much diversity after a while, maybe adding planet modifiers (like one per sector) will shake things up a little. Having 2 exact same teams to choose from is not fun at all though. It's just bad luck and you could get stuck because of that.

- Boos battles. Fine, but real bosses would be sooo much fun. Let's tune done a raid phase and make it a final boss battle. I like my boss battles to be Epic. Feats there are fine too, as long as it's the "easy to track" feats,

- Rewards: fine. Having the last crate reachable without 100% the whole thing is a nice touch. A small bone (like some conquest dollars) for 100% a sector would push us to 100% the whole thing without the frustration of having the last crate out of reach. About hard difficulty: the first crate should have similar/better rewards than the last crate on normal difficulty imo. Choosing Normal or Hard shouldn't be a strategic choice. You just go where you have a challenge, because that's more interesting this way.

Again: overall, great job. Can't wait to get smacked on hard difficulty !