Conquest hard mode

Replies

• Options
    I'm into Sector 3. One refresh - It's harder for my roster, but I expected that. No complaints other than what I had issues with before: Counter for boss feats would be most helpful and knowing the stats of the toons I am facing (especially speed).

It's fun and I'm enjoying it overall.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    It seems like most everyone but @Gifafi is enjoying it ;)
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

basically. I guess people really like spending a lot more time in-game doing the same things over and over. guyshrugging.emoji
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

basically. I guess people really like spending a lot more time in-game doing the same things over and over. guyshrugging.emoji

Why else would anyone sane play a game that's a skinner box at the very root of it?
  • Options
    4.7mil GP with one GL (SEE), I got the max crate on normal and so far I have the first hard crate and should be able to get the second one at least. I'm doing what I did on normal, just get as far as I can and then worry about feats.
  • Options
    4.7mil GP with one GL (SEE), I got the max crate on normal and so far I have the first hard crate and should be able to get the second one at least. I'm doing what I did on normal, just get as far as I can and then worry about feats.

Pretty much where I am. I like this mode a lot.
    Strikes me as there's something in it for all players wherever they are in terms of GP / roster build.
    This is a very welcome addition to the game.
  • Options
    About the ‘you need 20 wins but there are only 14 battles’ feats: you need 5 victories per day to complete the mode and have enough energy for 8 battles per day. So those feats are fun in a way that it punishes the failed attempts much more if you want to complete everything without paying crystal. It makes those 3 extra battles a day more decisive.
  • Options
    I ran into a GAS team that had the reflective damage modifier. My Vader and sith team failed so I brought in my arena Slacker team and was promptly crushed as well, both teams at 100% stamina. I chose the other route forgoing the better floppy disk. Two fails was enough.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Artumas
    324 posts Member
    Options
    Entered sector 5 today, 4.5M GP.
    Sector 4 boss' modifier didn't seem to correctly apply for whatever reason, so that fight was a lot iffier than it should've been. (killed every other char, boss only had debuffs from my data disks.)

At this point, I'm pretty much guaranteed to get Hard crate 6, only question is if I can complete enough 3/3 battles and feats for 7 with my roster.

Only teams used so far is GL Rey with random light side chars, JTR with BB8/R2/3PO and either RT or OG Finn, JKR standard/often no Jolee, Vader with random sith and empire chars. ...plus my FO team for 1 fight at the very start to kickstart the advantage feat.

You really don't need an extreme roster for hard mode. "a" GL team helps tremendously, but honestly I don't think it matters which you have all that much, at least currently.
    The more and more people learn about how data disk synergy works, the less and less the RNG from them is really a real concern. Some of the best setups don't even rely on "rare" ones. Just proper stacking of specific types of buffs dependent on what teams you have investment in.

At the end of the day, I think game knowledge plays a MUCH larger role in your ability to compete and complete conquest than roster depth and disk RNG luck does, at least beyond the point of "early game". Which hard mode is, by requirement, beyond early game.
    Like I'm still shocked there's people having legitimate issues with sector 5's boss, as that really just shows a lack of understanding of game mechanics, seeing as it's soloable by what is arguably the most common character in rosters these days. If you know general counters and synergies well enough, conquest doesn't seem all that difficult.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    But it's a lot easier to blame RNG and lack of good data disks than it is to get good so ..........
  • Options
    I did get some good data disks early this time (although "good" depends on your roster), a few leader offence and speed boost plus everyone attacking with the leader. So a very fast and hard hitting leader with lots of assists from everyone else.
  • Options
    @ Brewer:
    My Vader and sith team failed so I brought in my arena Slacker team and was promptly crushed as well, both teams at 100% stamina. I chose the other route forgoing the better floppy disk. Two fails was enough.

While I've just been avoiding GR enemies entirely and GAS squads especially especially especially because I hate the 100% damage reflection modifier, there are ways to beat it.

On normal mode I used a medium-strong Imperial Trooper squad that's fully kitted out (though not fully geared) to beat a GAS squad. When you have Veers' zeta, Veers lead, Piett's zeta, Starck's zeta, and Range trooper (for extra assists), you have a ton of toons that do a little bit of damage, but then also heal on every buff...and every single team member gets a buff (The Emperor's Trap) when **anyone** makes an attack (in turn or out of turn).

So you get tons of small attacks, with tons of healing in between. Of course it doesn't work against Padmé, but against GAS you have a simultaneous massive source of TM gain and massive source of constant, low dose healing that trickles in just as fast as your attacks take it away.

The end result is that you can get it down to GAS only fairly easily, but then you have to have one of your AoE-daze attacks saved because when GAS stands up there's a crucial moment where he's going to AoE daze you & interrupt your TM train & your source of healing, then counter-attack you to death. But if you have a "TM decay" disk equipped you can outspeed him and keep his TM down, and if he's not getting counter-attacks you can slowly claw back from the AoE daze & get the TM train rolling again for the big finish.

When he stands is a dangerous moment, which is why I haven't tried this on Hard Mode yet (my Imps are only g12 for most, g10 for Piett), but it is something to at least try if you are otherwise stuck.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    I ran into a GAS team that had the reflective damage modifier. My Vader and sith team failed so I brought in my arena Slacker team and was promptly crushed as well, both teams at 100% stamina. I chose the other route forgoing the better floppy disk. Two fails was enough.

Yep. That reflection is a real pain in the protection. I skip all Galactic Republic unless my Rey is up, because at least Lifeblood will mitigate that tomfoolery.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    Options
    My favorite combo right now is double +27% TM gain on falling below 100% health combined with Talzin AoE. 270% TM for your entire team on the opening move.
  • Options
    @Vendi1983

Yeah, it would be nice if that worked on GAS.

The real problem squads so far are GR - at least from what I can tell. Everything else seems a breeze. Plague would allow us to have debuffs inflict the damage instead of characters (plus NS has a lot of healing power). They would be the natural counter, except that Padmé squads are immune to debuffs and GAS squads are immune to health damage.

It's a nice combo, for sure, but there are a lot of combos that work well so far.
  • Options
    Question on GR damage reflect, can the damage kill you or will it stop at 1 health point? In that case the Vader cooling system loop would work against them too.
  • Hortus
    623 posts Member
    Options
    I have never seen this damage reflection kill anyone so far, only drop to very low health.
  • MasterSeedy
    5040 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    I've been killed by it.

In fact it was Vader who got killed.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I've been killed by it.

Yep, same here with Sith trooper.
  • Options
    Well that’s too bad. I saw parts of ahnalds stream when he was using Vader to crush them and doing insane damage. He got down to red health so that’s why I figured it couldn’t kill you.
  • NYIM
    60 posts Member
    Options
    you beat the sektor 4 boss in hardmode and then you get this... everything else is fine and I like the difficulty of hard mode, but this is just not fun... 5.8 mio GP here with 3 GLs.
    1omfvo4wp65r.jpeg
  • QuickGoneJim
    192 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    I have only a few fights left in sector 5 and will get the max rewards crate. For the last remaining points I can choose between a couple of boss fight feats.

The purple discs certainly helped because I could run my squads at very low stamina levels. And a couple of feats were easier. But they are not necessary because overall the difficulty was moderate. Definitely not as difficult as I expected.

I won’t complain about it. The game mode is a nice addition and the rewards are really good. I have 3 GL at 6.7m GP. Next time I’ll try do hard mode with as few energy refreshes as possible.
  • Options
    I've been killed by it.

yup, he died first.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    I've been killed by it.

yup, he died first.

Too bad Vader wasn't funny, he would have been killed last.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    Options
    MVP once again for me is CLS. Just realized he's been without mods since yesterday's arena climb yet he still won 4 nodes on Sector 5 Hard. Plus they were 50-60% stamina when I started today.
  • Options
    Padme and shaak are both great in conquest for me
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Has anyone seen Razorcrest blueprints on jawas? Or is that bug still active?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »

Yup, I have them in the node about half way through zone 3.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »

mxkcvya87j98.png
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    Options
    I've found them 3 times