Conquest hard mode

Replies

• Options
    Rewards as far as gear goes are only 1 box. That is disappointing.
  • Options
    I'm trying hard, GP of 4.4 million, no GL's, I'm expecting to get crate 2 or 3, but we'll see
  • Options
    I like that relic materials can be exchanged for conquest credits.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    If you full clear just the first board and get all the event feats you will have 111 keycards, enouh for the tier 2 box.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    I did a single refill and almost got the first chest. Already have a good card set and cards start even before the first battle. Even teams like padme/gas do fine for 3-4 battles. This turned out easier than I imagined. I think 5m+ers should do hard.

yrp7oskztftw.png
  • Options
    Btw are the deployable cooling system data discs stacking? what happens if you have two with 15% chance equipped?
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Konju wrote: »
    I think anyone who qualifies and got max rewards from normal should give it a try. Getting the first crate in 2 weeks should be absolutely doable. It's also free/extra so there is not much loss.

I don’t quite share this view that “anyone” should try hard mode (qualify and reaching max reward on normal implied). The data disks were numerous upon reaching sector 4 & 5 and could be a big part of the success for many players in the normal mode. Without these disks some of the players could struggle quite a bit even though they reached max crate in Normal. I don’t want anyone to come back and say, “I tried hard and it is ridiculous and I cannot even earn a crate. Thanks a lot Kyno!” No one knows yet what the tuning will be for the event so it could be a difficult choice for some. That said, I do believe GL owners “should” be fine to try hard.

For those on the fence between Normal & Hard: with 2 weeks to compete in it, maybe wait just a bit (maybe a day) before deciding which mode you want to try. Ask your guildmates, check out some videos from other players etc. I offer this advice because I want the player base to maximize the rewards earned. While this event may be “free,” falling behind on rewards will still be detrimental for you in the long run and your enjoyment of the game will go down from such “failure.”

4m GP and cleared all feats to reach the last crate, I feel very confident saying they will get the first crate, which is equal.

This is one of the few times players have a chance to try this out without as much of a detriment. I stand by my statement.

The first tier will be only slightly harder than the last tier of normal, no reason someone cant make that work, if they did in normal.

Only reason would be if data disks were required for completion in normal for sector 5. They won’t have that to work with in Hard in sector 1.
  • Options
    I think anyone who qualifies and got max rewards from normal should give it a try. Getting the first crate in 2 weeks should be absolutely doable. It's also free/extra so there is not much loss.

I don’t quite share this view that “anyone” should try hard mode (qualify and reaching max reward on normal implied). The data disks were numerous upon reaching sector 4 & 5 and could be a big part of the success for many players in the normal mode. Without these disks some of the players could struggle quite a bit even though they reached max crate in Normal. I don’t want anyone to come back and say, “I tried hard and it is ridiculous and I cannot even earn a crate. Thanks a lot Kyno!” No one knows yet what the tuning will be for the event so it could be a difficult choice for some. That said, I do believe GL owners “should” be fine to try hard.

For those on the fence between Normal & Hard: with 2 weeks to compete in it, maybe wait just a bit (maybe a day) before deciding which mode you want to try. Ask your guildmates, check out some videos from other players etc. I offer this advice because I want the player base to maximize the rewards earned. While this event may be “free,” falling behind on rewards will still be detrimental for you in the long run and your enjoyment of the game will go down from such “failure.”

4m GP and cleared all feats to reach the last crate, I feel very confident saying they will get the first crate, which is equal.

This is one of the few times players have a chance to try this out without as much of a detriment. I stand by my statement.

The first tier will be only slightly harder than the last tier of normal, no reason someone cant make that work, if they did in normal.

Only reason would be if data disks were required for completion in normal for sector 5. They won’t have that to work with in Hard in sector 1.

Agreed. This makes a big difference.

But I also agree with Kyno, if you could complete normal, then you can probably do hard for at least the same rewards with the potential for more.

It also helps that the round 1 boss isn't a GL.
  • Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    Options
    Sector 1 complete. Finally grabbed a decent data disk with the post-Traya node. Everything before that was 1-2 dot weak ones like "4% offense stacking".

Meanwhile guild mates are grabbing the Leaders Resolve on the first available nodes. One already has a purple.
  • Options
    Arrived at one of the data disk nodes.

All three are the same, what the heck CG?
  • Options
    Okay, I was completely not expecting GB:Conquest to run again so soon. Wasn't it supposed to be 1x/month?

Anyway, after i learned from this thread that it was happening I went in and did 9 battles with 9 different squads to blow through the overabundance of energy. Now I never have to worry about using more than 2-3 teams again if I want to keep things full stamina the whole time. While there is a roster depth test in Conquest, it's not as bad as I feared it might be before the event was released.

So with 9 battles down in S1, I can definitively say that these battles aren't causing me any more difficulty than the battles in S5/Normal. Yes, I'm without data disks, but it doesn't really seem to matter. The most important thing is that I'm fast enough to go first, and that's something I can consistently do (I've already chosen 2x speed/evasion data disks). Now that I'm through the first burst where using a bunch of different teams is important so that they can all recover in 5 hours, I'm expecting to win consistently for a while. If this is S1, then S2 shouldn't be any problem either. I mean these battles aren't close in any way. But since I don't know yet how difficulty scales, I'm not sure if it's S3 or S4 where I'll start to run into problems. The boss battles can also be tricky, of course, but Traya shouldn't pose a problem. JML was more of a problem than I expect Traya to be at the same relic level, for a number of reasons, but not least because I've had lots of practice over a long time vs. Traya & I don't have nearly as much experience fighting JML.

One thing that is striking me as wrong is this: The sector has a feat "Win 20 battles without losing any units."

There aren't 20 battles. There aren't even 15. It's one thing to ask for perfection. It's another to ask us to replay perfect battles again to prove that we can get them perfect. I mean, what really is the point?

This isn't just a math error, though. And it's not just a way to make sure we run short of energy at the end of the event by causing us to spend extra energy per Sector. This is an example of CG failing to understand what is fun. If you required a number of perfect battles = the number of battles in the sector, fine. You only need to refight the ones you couldn't 3-star the first time. But if you 3 star every battle and still have to go back and fight them again? IN what world does that sound fun to anyone?

Whatever you were aiming for, CG, this isn't it. Require the bonus feat to get 3-stars on every single battle, including the Boss fight and some people will have to replay some battles, but only the ones in which they lost toons the first time. In that case people will be trying to improve. They won't be merely repeating what they already know they can do so a counter can tick 1 more pip towards feat completion. The way it's set up you don't need to improve. You don't need to do anything different. You just need to bore yourself. That's all.

Why bother?
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Okay, I was completely not expecting GB:Conquest to run again so soon. Wasn't it supposed to be 1x/month?

You should read dev posts.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    Options
    One thing that is striking me as wrong is this: The sector has a feat "Win 20 battles without losing any units."

There aren't 20 battles. There aren't even 15. It's one thing to ask for perfection. It's another to ask us to replay perfect battles again to prove that we can get them perfect. I mean, what really is the point?

This isn't just a math error, though. And it's not just a way to make sure we run short of energy at the end of the event by causing us to spend extra energy per Sector. This is an example of CG failing to understand what is fun. If you required a number of perfect battles = the number of battles in the sector, fine. You only need to refight the ones you couldn't 3-star the first time. But if you 3 star every battle and still have to go back and fight them again? IN what world does that sound fun to anyone?

We disagree here.

I completed (as in "all 453 keycards") Normal mode in less than a week. I kept going back to Conquest in the second week and messing about with different teams for fun.

You get plenty of energy over the two weeks without refreshes. Go in and mess around with some random combinations. You might enjoy yourself.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    I’m trying hard mode now, so far first run is similar to last in normal. Can’t wait to see what the next few sections are like, where i will stall out. I have 2 green and 1 blue disk equipped.

It’s still fun and ill enjoy taking my time till I stall.
  • Options
    UrbanNomad wrote: »
    khdelboy wrote: »
    I'll try hard mode. If I get the first crate or better, I'll keep doing it in the future. If I can't, next time I'll go back to normal. So I'm taking this one as a test.
    5M gp approximately.

The rewards from hard first crate is better than what you get with the final normal crate.

Wait. How do we know what the hard mode rewards are?

Look here: https://wiki.swgoh.help/wiki/Conquest#Crate_Rewards
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    blue and green leader's resolve here
    my SLKR, GAS and 3Pac rebels go pew pew
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    We disagree here.
    I completed (as in "all 453 keycards") Normal mode in less than a week. I kept going back to Conquest in the second week and messing about with different teams for fun.
    You get plenty of energy over the two weeks without refreshes. Go in and mess around with some random combinations. You might enjoy yourself.

Yeah, I did exactly that. In fact, if you look you could see my comments praising the ability to use GB:Conquest as a sandbox to mess around and have fun. However, and it's a big "however",

1. There's a difference between choosing to mess around and being forced to repeat something,

and,
    2. I didn't mess around in Sector 1 for fun. I messed around in Sector 4 & 5. Why would I want to go back to the easiest teams? If I want to mess around, I want to mess around where things are an interesting challenge.
  • Wimma
    152 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    5.6M no GLs, just many solid teams. Expect it to be a challenge, really hoping to get the first box.
    Got top rewards in normal (had some nice data discs) so thought I'd try it.
    If you have a GL, can't see why you wouldn't try hard, and just brute force a node with them every refresh.
  • Options
    If you have a GL, can't see why you wouldn't try hard, and just brute force a node with them every refresh.

Yeah, since it takes 6 hours to get energy for 2 battles and 5 hours to get your Stamina back to 100% (from 90%), then you only need 2 teams you can count on. They keep going down to 90% & back up to 100% before you need them again. It's a little tricky around sleep, unless you sleep less than 6 hours per night, but at most you need 3 teams that you can brute force nodes with. With any 3 of: relic Padmé squad, relic JKL squad, relic Revan/Malak squad, relic JKRevan, or relic GAS you should be able to brute force your way through a heck of a lot of this. (Not sure about sector 3/4/5 Boss fights though - they'll probably get tough before the end.)

I've actually already used my Geos to crush a node in Sector 1 - that was fun. Just be careful of AoEs vs. counterattacks then thwack key toons with Spy's special. Imp Troops are also extremely powerful against the right opponents in this mode. Just don't take them against Savage.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    We disagree here.

Yeah, I did exactly that. In fact, if you look you could see my comments praising the ability to use GB:Conquest as a sandbox to mess around and have fun. However, and it's a big "however",

1. There's a difference between choosing to mess around and being forced to repeat something,

and,
    2. I didn't mess around in Sector 1 for fun. I messed around in Sector 4 & 5. Why would I want to go back to the easiest teams? If I want to mess around, I want to mess around where things are an interesting challenge.

But you are not forced to, you dont need all feats to get max rewards.

I'm not saying it's fun, but there are a few points to this:
    1- players who are not going to finish can go back to an "easy" spot to get more cards to get better rewards
    2- part of the goal here is that to max rewards you need to invest in refreshes. So yes it's more than 15, because they are looking to push investment in refreshes for those who are making it to that point.
  • Options
    MaruMaru:
    Even teams like padme/gas do fine for 3-4 battles.

I used 9 different teams for the first 9 battles so I could just blow through the saved up energy before settling down & sticking with just a few favorite teams most of the time. If I could smack teams around with 2x relic, 3x g12 Geonosians, Padme should absolutely destroy all of Sector 1, not just the first few battles.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    MaruMaru:
    Even teams like padme/gas do fine for 3-4 battles.

I used 9 different teams for the first 9 battles so I could just blow through the saved up energy before settling down & sticking with just a few favorite teams most of the time. If I could smack teams around with 2x relic, 3x g12 Geonosians, Padme should absolutely destroy all of Sector 1, not just the first few battles.

For clarity it was 2nd sector that I moved to padme where she did fine.
  • Options
    I’m on sector 3 RN with 4 million GP, think I’ll be able to get through sector 4 with enough strategy. Not 5 😂
  • BowBeforeMe
    26 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Optimism is contagious around here. I’ve been playing this game since launch and have seen how ridiculous the tuning is every time a “hard” event launches. Maxing normal doesn’t mean a thing because Sector 1 in hard mode is tuned a full relic level above the Hardest node in normal. How you do is going to depend on whether you could clear sector 5 on normal without any discs. If you can’t do that, don’t bother because you won’t have any going in.

I tested that strategy and it’s the only reason I have any assurances regarding getting to crate 1 or higher. If you couldn’t clear s5 normal with no discs, you’re going to have a really hard time here. It’s all about that first sector...it’s going to make or break your entire attempt.

So far I think it’s conceivable to hit box 1 in hard provider you have at least 3 top tier teams. No GL needed, but if you don’t have them you better have 3 top tier r7 meta teams, (2 of which are SE and Padme), god mods, and a lot of patience. You can probably brute force it that way.
  • Options
    I am redoing normal. I did 200 Crystal's of refreshes last time. Only 4.8 mill and heavier on ships than most. And on some occasions, when CG said "recommended" they were right.
  • Gorgus
    122 posts Member
    Options
    I’m at 4.1 million GP without a GL and Hard mode is going well so far. If you have a few reliced and well-modded teams, they will get some work done, especially if you pick data discs that work well with them. I’m not planning to do any conquest energy refreshes and think I’ll hit at least the second crate.
  • Gorgus
    122 posts Member
    Options
    “So far I think it’s conceivable to hit box 1 in hard provider you have at least 3 top tier teams. No GL needed, but if you don’t have them you better have 3 top tier r7 meta teams, (2 of which are SE and Padme), god mods, and a lot of patience. You can probably brute force it that way.”

IMO, this is somewhat overstating the difficulty. I don’t have a SE team or a GL, only a few R7 characters, and good mods, but I wouldn’t say “god mods”, and I just grabbed the first crate. The second crate looks very attainable, and possibly beyond.
  • Options
    Yeah I’m almost at 3 crate but I have a stacked (non GL) roster
  • Options
    I should get through P4. https://swgoh.gg/p/546446366/ Here’s my roster if any of my 4 million friends want to see what I’m working with