[MEGA] Upcoming Grand Arena Championship Division Changes

Replies

• Options
    So, let's see if I got it:
    - More teams needed.
    - Less rewards.
    - Back to Malevolence/Negotiator vs Malevolence/Negotiator.
    Yay?
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    edited April 2021
    Options
    - More teams needed.
    - Less rewards.
    Yay?
    what division are you going to be in?
  • Options
    - More teams needed.
    - Less rewards.
    Yay?

According to the devpost:
    “ Players will receive either the same amount of rewards or slightly more than before the Division redistribution.”
  • Options
    Ztoe13 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    read the comments before

What does that have to do with whales?

it only lets people with higher GP use more teams than they used to, everyone else gets less. If you have over 7.8 mil GP then you are a whale
    That’s not what makes someone a whale. There are plenty whales with 4,5,6M GP as well.

I know mate but 4,5,6, and 7 are all getting benefitted but the lower GPs are getting screwed. More people are whales in the higher Gps than the lower

There’s really no benefit for anyone at this point. The only “benefit” is setting more defenses and requiring more teams for offense to make more compositions. That’s it.

We have no idea what increase in promotion rewards division 1 and 2 are getting. Div 3 and below now revert back to the stale one ship defense.

The core idea of this (breaking up the current division 1 into higher tiers beyond D1) is what we’ve been asking for. However they’re totally **** the change and ignoring our cries for better rewards. I love GAC myself but the end of event rewards are still laughably low and the majority of gear in the promotion rewards are garbage outside of the crystals, cuffs and guns.

Nobody is “winning” really.
  • Options
    I'm 5.8 Mil GP. so am i correct in saying the months of resources I've put into a 3rd and 4th Fleet are completely wasted until i hit 6.65 Mil GP?
  • Options
    Acymetric wrote: »
    I think that for the vast majority of players GAC just got worse.

3/4 of players currently in division one will be moved down divisions to where only one fleet will be used. Yawn. May as well not have fleets at all because everyone will always be able to clear that in one shot guaranteed probably with 68+ banners.

A lot of players are going to get moved down to where they use less teams than right now, whatever division they are in. That means seeing less teams, so less possible variety of fights.

And lastly, it seems, for the work you have put in right now, you will get less promotion rewards.

Wow, great changes guys.

Wouldn't the obvious thing have been to keep the lower divisions where they were and just add one or two new divisions at the top?
    wouldn't that still push every one down?
  • Zetre
    14 posts Member
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    read the comments before

it only lets people with higher GP use more teams than they used to, everyone else gets less. If you have over 7.8 mil GP then you are a whale
    That’s not what makes someone a whale. There are plenty whales with 4,5,6M GP as well.

I know mate but 4,5,6, and 7 are all getting benefitted but the lower GPs are getting screwed. More people are whales in the higher Gps than the lower

There’s really no benefit for anyone at this point. The only “benefit” is setting more defenses and requiring more teams for offense to make more compositions. That’s it.

We have no idea what increase in promotion rewards division 1 and 2 are getting. Div 3 and below now revert back to the stale one ship defense.

The core idea of this (breaking up the current division 1 into higher tiers beyond D1) is what we’ve been asking for. However they’re totally **** the change and ignoring our cries for better rewards. I love GAC myself but the end of event rewards are still laughably low and the majority of gear in the promotion rewards are garbage outside of the crystals, cuffs and guns.

As someone staying in Division 1 this is a huge win and just added new complexity to GAC. It eliminates the biggest problem of seeing rosters intentionally staying low GP to stay on the top of Division 1 leaderboard. Still not perfect because I don't think the 7.8 tier will play the 9mil +, but this is a huge win and rebrands the GAC with new strategies for defense. If you are complaining about being demoted just increase your GP to be promoted to Division 1, stop asking CG to fix your lack of GP.
  • Options
    In the 4.5-6 M GP region everyone has generally speaking 3 good fleets, and some have more. It was a strategic call to go heavy on offense or on defense, and ppl who could rally 4-5 potent fleets definitely had an advantage. Single fleet sectors in div 3-5 will create an amazingly static gac imo, as it is extremely unlikely that the fleetsector will hold the line, and it will turn into a bannerpicking championship. Imo this definitely removes strategical elements from the gac in the named divisions. This also would mean, that IF you decide to protect your fleetsector you need to do that on the ground.... Not seeing that happening either, to be honest. I hope you do reconsider.
  • Acymetric
    222 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    twstdbydsn wrote: »

3/4 of players currently in division one will be moved down divisions to where only one fleet will be used. Yawn. May as well not have fleets at all because everyone will always be able to clear that in one shot guaranteed probably with 68+ banners.

A lot of players are going to get moved down to where they use less teams than right now, whatever division they are in. That means seeing less teams, so less possible variety of fights.

And lastly, it seems, for the work you have put in right now, you will get less promotion rewards.

Wow, great changes guys.

Wouldn't the obvious thing have been to keep the lower divisions where they were and just add one or two new divisions at the top?

Push down to what? You keep the existing 11 divisions, with their GP requirements/rewards/squad requirements. Add two (or however many) new Divisions (call them "S class or whatever) with slightly better rewards, higher GP requirements, and additional toons to place.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    read the comments before

I think they were trying to say that they don't get to do as many battles now, so there's less content for them.

It's a fair point, unfortunately they dressed it up in f2p vs whales and "gac is ruined" which is all nonsense.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I think it's a good move overall
    But a few adjustments have to be made
    Div 6 will need 6 squads
    Div 5 will need 7
    Div 4 will need 9
    Div 3 will need 9
    Div 2 will need 10
    Div 1 will need 11

So if you ask me Div 4 should need 8 squads, the way it's intended makes no sense
    And I think at least down to Div 5 maybe even 6 there should be two fleets needed.

Sorry if this has been addressed already, I didn't have the time to read 12 pages.
  • el_mago
    753 posts Member
    Options
    Zetre wrote: »
    read the comments before

As someone staying in Division 1 this is a huge win and just added new complexity to GAC. It eliminates the biggest problem of seeing rosters intentionally staying low GP to stay on the top of Division 1 leaderboard. Still not perfect because I don't think the 7.8 tier will play the 9mil +, but this is a huge win and rebrands the GAC with new strategies for defense. If you are complaining about being demoted just increase your GP to be promoted to Division 1, stop asking CG to fix your lack of GP.

Are you even reading the same thread as the rest of us?

I don't believe anyone is saying the upper divisions are wrong and good for you that it is working out for you.

But "increase you GP to be promoted to Division 1" is just trolling.
  • Options
    Zetre wrote: »
    read the comments before

Lmao the good ol “git gud nub” argument.

I don’t have a GP problem. I’m at 6.55 million GP and when I unlock my 3rd GL I’ll get to division 2. However when CG creates a problem for the majority of players, I, as well as many others, will ask CG to fix a problem they created.
  • Options
    read the comments before

I think they were trying to say that they don't get to do as many battles now, so there's less content for them.

It's a fair point, unfortunately they dressed it up in f2p vs whales and "gac is ruined" which is all nonsense.

Which is true. That’s why I said nobody is really winning in this whole scenario. The higher GP players are treading water mostly with just more teams being needed. So it’s a “win” but it’s subjective to the person honestly.

The whale vs F2P thing isn’t the issue here, so I do agree with you on that as well...jeez....so much agreeing with TVF...what have I become??
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    read the comments before

Which is true. That’s why I said nobody is really winning in this whole scenario. The higher GP players are treading water mostly with just more teams being needed. So it’s a “win” but it’s subjective to the person honestly.

The whale vs F2P thing isn’t the issue here, so I do agree with you on that as well...jeez....so much agreeing with TVF...what have I become??

Enlightened.
  • Options
    @kyno Maybe for GAC there are only 3 reinforcements slots instead of 4 to help spread things out for those who need to place more fleets.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    @kyno Maybe for GAC there are only 3 reinforcements slots instead of 4 to help spread things out for those who need to place more fleets.

Who needs to place more fleets?
  • Options

Wow, great changes guys.

Push down to what? You keep the existing 11 divisions, with their GP requirements/rewards/squad requirements. Add two (or however many) new Divisions (call them "S class or whatever) with slightly better rewards, higher GP requirements, and additional toons to place.

Yeah I guess I was thinking of it in the wrong way. I see what you mean now.
  • Options
    nabokovfan wrote: »
    Can we get a clarification on which of these is correct?

Method 1: Division 1 and 2 keep same requirements based on GP/Previous requirements. Then added the new squads as mentioned in the post.

tfraupepaguf.png

Or Method 2: Swap GP column and add squads, meaning fleet / teams are revised by division as well as GP changes.

o313vd2bhrqs.png

Method 1 for president.

Method 2 removes content for players now setting fewer squads, and removes the advantage for having developing deeper squad and fleet rosters for everybody outside of divisions 1 and 2.

Nobody should be setting fewer squads. I never felt any struggle to field teams as I went from Div 7 to Div 1 (and now back to Div 4). In fact, I liked the challenge of adding new squads as I went up the ladder.

Too much complaining here about rewards...I was sad to see a clarification post about rewards rather than a clarification on which of these methods will be used. I'd play GAC for 100 squad arena tokens, as it's the best part of this game in my opinion.

I would be even more sad to see a clarification post that says method 2 is the actual plan. That method reduces the game mode for nearly everyone.
  • Options
    With the divisions changing and many of us going from D1 down to D3 or 4, will we still have multiple fleets to place? Many of us have invested significant resources into our fleets because of the long-term requirement and it would feel like a slap in the face to those investments to all of the sudden go down to 1 fleet required. I would love the devs insight on what is to happen in a months time for those divisions with a sudden influx of more end game players.

Will we see multiple fleets required in Divisions 6 and up like most of us in those divisions are used to?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    General sentiment, the feedback is being heard and the conversation is ongoing (no promises), but no changes are planned or being planned at this time. This is not something happening immediately ( as expressed by Crumb), so let's keep up the constructive conversation and feedback going.

With that said, they are also not working on distributing any clarifying details at this time, as things are possibly subject to change.

I hope this is as nebulous and non promising as I can make it, as that is my goal, but I felt this was necessary to express.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    General sentiment, the feedback is being heard and the conversation is ongoing (no promises), but no changes are planned or being planned at this time. This is not something happening immediately ( as expressed by Crumb), so let's keep up the constructive conversation and feedback going.

With that said, they are also not working on distributing any clarifying details at this time, as things are possibly subject to change.

I hope this is as nebulous and non promising as I can make it, as that is my goal, but I felt this was necessary to express.

Wow....

Well thanks for the update Kyno. As always, whether or not the community agrees with you at times, we do appreciate you communicating with us, and relaying from the devs what you can. I know I do at least.

I gotta say their choice to dig their heels in the sand on this one is nefarious at best. This isn’t what people asked for. We didn’t ask for more divisions to be penalized because we didn’t bloat our rosters. If it was truly never their intention to give people under 6.8 million GP two ships for defenses then they never should have changed it in the first place. The fact they have no plans to change this, or the rewards is typical of CG. Always one step forward and 3 steps back. Thanks for updating us at least Kyno
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    i'm sure they'll make the changes nobokov mentioned when they implement the new GAC changes after this season

I'm confident on this
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Wow....

Well thanks for the update Kyno. As always, whether or not the community agrees with you at times, we do appreciate you communicating with us, and relaying from the devs what you can. I know I do at least.

I gotta say their choice to dig their heels in the sand on this one is nefarious at best. This isn’t what people asked for. We didn’t ask for more divisions to be penalized because we didn’t bloat our rosters. If it was truly never their intention to give people under 6.8 million GP two ships for defenses then they never should have changed it in the first place. The fact they have no plans to change this, or the rewards is typical of CG. Always one step forward and 3 steps back. Thanks for updating us at least Kyno

The rewards discussion he mentioned in his post is still a thing. I am only speaking towards changes to the system that we see outlined in the post. Number of fleets and squads needed and where. Just to be clear.
  • Options
    I was really hoping for a map change and an increase in teams. For now, we are just cramming more teams into a 3 territory map. In the end, I appreciate the direction/effort to change, but would have like to involve a little more strategy.
  • Options
    I'm sure folks are gearing up their toons and raising their GP's to get to where they want to be division wise to be ready...
  • Options
    I'm div. 4 now and I think just using 1 fleet for def is not a good change. Overthink this please and don't ruin the best part of the game.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    Boomer8800 wrote: »
    I'm sure folks are gearing up their toons and raising their GP's to get to where they want to be division wise to be ready...
    Sure! Only 1.15m more GP to get back to 2 defensive fleets. I'll be there in no time!!! :p
  • Options
    So I can live with being moved down from Division one to I guess 4, except for One Glaring Issue. ONCE AGAIN you forget the folks who enjoy and have focused fleet. I've enjoyed fleet since it was 5v5, been in top 10 since the old meta Endurance Fleet with HT, etc. I've got 3-4 very developed fleets, working on a 5th. Fleet was a leveling field for GAC, I could usually guarantee they weren't getting through 1 of my 2 defensive fleets...now its back to Mal vs Negotiator. Stupid move CG way to screw Fleet folks again!
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    Options

oh you watched a youtube video, now i get it

you don’t have to be rude, i am sharing this small youtuber’s opinion which i agree with

The youtuber is being overly dramatic for views.

How dare you suggest such a thing. This has never happened kn the history of Youtube.