Save the whales!!!

I am convinced that Q2 results were quite disappointing for CG
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    LocoAl wrote: »
    Save the whales!!!

I am convinced that Q2 results were quite disappointing for CG

Just a measly 12m$/month. Worse than competitors, makes do for the janitor.
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Requiring R8 pilots to unlock a 5* ship is ridiculous. Either axe the steep requirements or give a 7* unlock. This is getting ridiculous.

Same requirements will unlock a 7* ship

Crumb said on his stream that the initial unlock will not be 7*, that something similar to fleet mastery will be required to get the ship to 7*. So no, a secondary farm will get executor to 7*. The requirements will only unlock it at 5*.

It will be a 4* unlock, but you can 7* it using the same prereqs you used for 4*

So...

Oh even worse, a 4*.

But my point stands. You need to invest all that to unlock a 4* ship. Then replay the event over and over for the next several months (a secondary farm as I said) I order to get a 7* executor. So no, these requirements will not unlock a 7* ship, but a 4* ship, which is ridiculous.
  • Options
    I honestly ask myself why should I continue playing. I
    wish that CG would listen to the players but i fear
    my wish goes unheard. Its easier to convince my
    wife to stop buying shoes but that
    would be just as unrealistic. I really think I just
    take my money and spend it elsewhere. Its sad for
    me to see where this goes, its all about
    that whales and that is very
    hard to see
  • TVF
    36658 posts Member
    Options
    have you considered re-marrying
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    Haikus are back in fashion. Too long though.
  • Ultra
    11541 posts Moderator
    Options
    Mikayas wrote: »
    Pathetic to charge 23,000 crystals for an asap 7* unlock ON TOP OF the steepest requirements for a legendary anything yet... Pathetic. Pathetic. What's more is that it's not like waiting longer to gear a character or something. The ship would in 1 to 2 years time depending on the recurrence of the event be gifted free. But instead, you are asked to waste 23,000 crystals to rush it rather than being able to use those crystals elsewhere. Disappointed in the tone deafness reflected by recent choices.

Its 23k to 5* promotion

its free to 4* unlock

Its 24 months to 7* without refreshing node for crystals from when you meet the requirements
  • Options
    Pathetic to charge 23,000 crystals for an asap 7* unlock ON TOP OF the steepest requirements for a legendary anything yet... Pathetic. Pathetic. What's more is that it's not like waiting longer to gear a character or something. The ship would in 1 to 2 years time depending on the recurrence of the event be gifted free. But instead, you are asked to waste 23,000 crystals to rush it rather than being able to use those crystals elsewhere. Disappointed in the tone deafness reflected by recent choices.

Its 23k to 5* promotion

its free to 4* unlock

Its 24 months to 7* without refreshing node for crystals from when you meet the requirements

24 months hurts to hear… although I’m not surprised, I’m only going to 7* the finalizer this month.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    Don't know how you guys come up with 23k for 7 star or 23k for 5 star (??).
    Finalizer unlocked at 4 star and 10 shards granted for the bonus tier leaving it at 10/65. People were then able to refresh the bonus tier for 1k each time and get more shards. So unless they have increased the refresh price (which would be a pretty sith move) it should "only" cost 6k crystals for 6 refreshs to get the Executor to 5 stars.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    On one hand, whales spending about $150 for a 7* on day one is fine by me. Give them their exclusivity for a little while.

24 months to 7* without crystals, with the requirements to entry, not cool, IMO. I think 6 months would be a more reasonable pace for those that don't want to refresh.

Keep in mind, a sub-7* capital ship carries an offense penalty in TW/GAC. So even if the ship is usable at lower stars, it could come with a price.
  • Starslayer
    2420 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Requiring R8 pilots to unlock a 5* ship is ridiculous. Either axe the steep requirements or give a 7* unlock. This is getting ridiculous.

Same requirements will unlock a 7* ship

Not sure what you meant about ‘requirements’: They wrote that 7* ships will be needed to fully complete the event. So characters prerequisites will be enough to 7*, but RC 7* will most likely be needed to promote Executor higher than 4 stars.

Also, about ‘23k for 5* day one’, didn’t you mean for 7* ?
  • TVF
    36658 posts Member
    Options
    Useless paperweight amirite
  • TVF
    36658 posts Member
    Options
    hungsolo wrote: »
    Total waste of something that is so cool

I'm jealous that you've already played it, ngl.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options

Its 23k to 5* promotion

its free to 4* unlock

Are you saying it’s more to get it to 6 and 7 stars?
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Bora
    440 posts Member
    Options
    BasherBeau wrote: »
    Bora, your proposal to fix a "stale" 2-fleet meta is to supplant it on Day 1 with a 1-fleet meta? I wasn't a math major in college, but this doesn't make sense to me.

I didn't do any proposal. I simply said that if they were to add on top of a steep gate requirement to access the event the need to complete it multiple times over a long period of time, I wouldn't like the idea. Also, not only I don't think the executor will be unbeatable (nor there is any evidence for it) but I don't even think it would be desirable. Stale meta shakeup being needed doesn't equate to utter domination of the new toy.
    Where on earth you inferred what you wrote looking at what I said in my previous posts is beyond me.
    Res non verba
  • Ultra
    11541 posts Moderator
    Options
    Xcien wrote: »

Its 23k to 5* promotion

its free to 4* unlock

185 shards more to 7*

1k crystal per 10 shards

So its another 19k crystals on top of 23k for 7*
  • Options

Its 23k to 5* promotion

its free to 4* unlock

185 shards more to 7*

1k crystal per 10 shards

What? I figured you had a typo on your first post. Why is it 23k to get to 5*?
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options

Its 23k to 5* promotion

its free to 4* unlock

185 shards more to 7*

1k crystal per 10 shards

Deleted.

• Options
    this method of release is gross, awful, disgusting, and frankly very insulting. You're slapping GL level requisites on a ship, then going "Hey, it's only 4*! Have fun!"

I'm betting at 4* it's not even as good as Malevolence or Negotiator despite its obscene requirements, which is an added insult.
  • TVF
    36658 posts Member
    Options
    Saada wrote: »

But the bigger issue is why it cost $23k to get 65 shards to go from 4* to 5*

Haha not $23,000
  • LordDirt
    5066 posts Member
    Options
    CG says - Look at all those new packs we just released. Don’t worry about anything else.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Ultra
    11541 posts Moderator
    edited August 2021
    Options
    i'm wrong

it is 23k to 7*

Sorry for my poor math
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options

Its 23k to 5* promotion

its free to 4* unlock

185 shards more to 7*

1k crystal per 10 shards

Did you mean 190k? If it is 1k for 10 shards, then that would be 190k. Add that to the 23k for a lot of crystals (213k) spent.

That's not right. 185/10= 18.5*1000= 18500 crystals.

Oh, wait. Never mind. I wasn’t thinking right, I’m exhausted.
    But I believe that it is 23 thousand crystals, not $23k.

• TVF
    36658 posts Member
    Options
    If it unlocks at 10/65, you need

55 to 5*
    85 to 6*
    100 to 7*
    240 total
    24 refreshes, 24k crystals *total*

• Saada
    664 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Haha not $23,000

Obviously 23k crystals, just didn't want to edit it since it always eats my post
  • TVF
    36658 posts Member
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    CG says - Look at all those new packs we just released. Don’t worry about anything else.

I guess you hear what you want to hear.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options

Its 23k to 5* promotion

its free to 4* unlock

185 shards more to 7*

1k crystal per 10 shards

Did you mean 190k? If it is 1k for 10 shards, then that would be 190k. Add that to the 23k for a lot of crystals (213k) spent.

That's not right. 185/10= 18.5*1000= 18500 crystals.

$23k
    thumb_wutface-emote-twitch-tote-teepublic-54338629.png
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    Options
    As I thought....

089r7q0ezyqx.png