Executor unlock method concerns.. Confirmed

Replies

• Ultra
    11553 posts Moderator
    Options
    I think this capital ship will be good enough at low stars

I am not going to rush to get it to 7* even if its extremely good, I don't have the crystals for it, and I'm ok with that

Even at 4* owning a meta capital ship should be amazing if Malevalence / Negotiator are examples of Capital Ships that were released to be meta

I'll 5* it like Raddus / Finalizer if its needed for LV via crystals (~5k), but other than that I can slow farm it over a year like Raddus / Finalizer

If its like Malevolence, the star doesn't matter, if its like Negotiator, capital ship speed matters in mirror matches, and rarity is important

Will have to wait and see how it performs tbh
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    So…let me get this straight….

We are being forced to relic several characters….relic 5 the minimum with two R8’s and an R7….We need to get a conquest level ship to 7* as well. And at the end of it all we then need to go through a 2 year farm to get that capital ship from 4* to 7*….

I mean what the actual….I mean….oy….I just can’t make sense of their logic anymore

To be fair, no one is forcing you to do anything.

And just like MT and Wicket, this will not be a 2 year process, even of you do not refresh.

Except if I want to stay competitive in fleet arena and not burn my crystal income, I’m going to need to get executor sooner rather than later.

Also, if they don’t increase the blueprints like they did the character shards then how do you figure it won’t be? If we unlock at 4* that means we need another 250 blue prints. 10 a month means 25 months. That’s 2 years without any packs or refreshes

MT and Wicket came out, and the same math was done. I can assure you it didnt actually take players 2 years to get them to 7* after they "qualified". Things about those events cadence were changed during their life.
  • Ultra
    11553 posts Moderator
    Options
    My personal speculation is that over time (6~12 months+) or as the meta is due for another change the frequency of event will increase to 2
  • Ragnarok_COTF
    1805 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    My personal speculation is that over time (6~12 months+) or as the meta is due for another change the frequency of event will increase to 2

Even if it were starting at 2 per month, that would be bad, imo. 6 months of 1 per and then a shift to 2 per would still take over a year to 7* AFTER dumping a colossal amount of resources just to unlock the event.

I'm sure CG knows what they're doing to maximize profits, but they really have been draining my excitement this past month :'(

Minor nit, star count does matter for TW/GAC, even for Mal, because of how banners are calculated on offense.
  • Options
    Mikayas wrote: »
    Pathetic to charge 23,000 crystals for an asap 7* unlock ON TOP OF the steepest requirements for a legendary anything yet... Pathetic. Pathetic. What's more is that it's not like waiting longer to gear a character or something. The ship would in 1 to 2 years time depending on the recurrence of the event be gifted free. But instead, you are asked to waste 23,000 crystals to rush it rather than being able to use those crystals elsewhere. Disappointed in the tone deafness reflected by recent choices.

What's 23k crystals for hoarders or whales though? :3
    I think getting a marquee character to 7* day 1 takes more than that, unless you get lucky of course (correct me if I'm wrong). And that's a MARQUEE character. This is very likely a meta defining ship that will give you immediate advantage over your competition in Arena, GAC, TW, so 23k crystals don't seem THAT bad tbh. Not saying I like that they're releasing it like that, but I'm just trying to put it into perspective with the other stuff that we're getting offered in the game. And after considering all of that, then it doesn't sound too bad imo. I would probably spend the 23k on day 1 to get it if I could, but I don't have Beskar Mando yet unfortunately, so I can't 7* or even unlock Razor Crest, so I'll have to wait.
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    Options
    24k crystals is like $150 bucks.

I’ve seen someone spend $300 on Omega.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Crayons wrote: »
    24k crystals is like $150 bucks.

I’ve seen someone spend $300 on Omega.

That’s purely a choice and a marquee toon that doesn’t require several high relic characters to simply participate.
  • Options
    I cant be bothered much and will just dump 20k odd crystals to unlock the ship, but gearing up the characters … that is as costly as half a GL. I previously spent 10k usd to unlock my slkr in 3 weeks… i suppose half a Gl cost about 5k usd?

Yeah so, no whaling on toons for this…
  • Shadow1989
    130 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Oh yeah; u include a bh that requires non farmable guild token… rip for those newer players. You will take years and years.

For newer players. Whaling on slkr will get you in a better position.

Come on, half a slkr or a ship?
  • StarSon
    7493 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    If it unlocks at 10/65, you need

55 to 5*
    85 to 6*
    100 to 7*
    240 total
    24 refreshes, 24k crystals *total*

Actually, you can only refresh 19 times. So if you want 7* day 1, it's about 25k crystals since you have to buy 5 of those 1250 packs.

We are being forced to relic several characters….relic 5 the minimum with two R8’s and an R7….We need to get a conquest level ship to 7* as well. And at the end of it all we then need to go through a 2 year farm to get that capital ship from 4* to 7*….

I mean what the actual….I mean….oy….I just can’t make sense of their logic anymore

And just like MT and Wicket, this will not be a 2 year process, even of you do not refresh.

Except if I want to stay competitive in fleet arena and not burn my crystal income, I’m going to need to get executor sooner rather than later.

Also, if they don’t increase the blueprints like they did the character shards then how do you figure it won’t be? If we unlock at 4* that means we need another 250 blue prints. 10 a month means 25 months. That’s 2 years without any packs or refreshes

MT and Wicket came out, and the same math was done. I can assure you it didnt actually take players 2 years to get them to 7* after they "qualified". Things about those events cadence were changed during their life.

Oh, they have already told you they plan to run this event more often in a few months?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »

55 to 5*
    85 to 6*
    100 to 7*
    240 total

Actually, you can only refresh 19 times. So if you want 7* day 1, it's about 25k crystals since you have to buy 5 of those 1250 packs.

Oh, they have already told you they plan to run this event more often in a few months?

I am simply using past evidence to reason why there will be people getting this ship in less than 2 years without spending 23k in crystals.
  • StarSon
    7493 posts Member
    Options

55 to 5*
    85 to 6*
    100 to 7*
    240 total

I am simply using past evidence to reason why there will be people getting this ship in less than 2 years without spending 23k in crystals.

False equivalency. We have 6 Fleet Mastery events. Every single one is on a monthly-ish rotation. The only thing you could safely compare to would be the other AFM events, and they started out with a faster cadence, and then slowed down. So, with the past evidence we have, we can expect the farm (with zero crystals) to be greater than 2 years.
  • Options
    Shadow1989 wrote: »
    I cant be bothered much and will just dump 20k odd crystals to unlock the ship, but gearing up the characters … that is as costly as half a GL. I previously spent 10k usd to unlock my slkr in 3 weeks… i suppose half a Gl cost about 5k usd?

You spent 10 thousand dollars on this game for one gl?!?!........
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

55 to 5*
    85 to 6*
    100 to 7*
    240 total

False equivalency. We have 6 Fleet Mastery events. Every single one is on a monthly-ish rotation. The only thing you could safely compare to would be the other AFM events, and they started out with a faster cadence, and then slowed down. So, with the past evidence we have, we can expect the farm (with zero crystals) to be greater than 2 years.

So comparing to an event that started at the same pace is a false equivalency, but equating to one that is different is ok.... got it.

You can expect whatever you want, but I will stick with logic and reason, since no character has required 2 years to farm from qualifying if done at the max available rate, and no crystal refreshes.
  • Options
    Magruffin wrote: »

w9ycao4yo12t.jpeg
    There are people spending more than me in my arena shard and over the years. I’m just a small kraken in the entire galaxy :expressionless:

Here is a updated ranking chart for you
  • LordDirt
    5102 posts Member
    Options
    With $10,000 I would have most characters in the is game at R5
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • StarSon
    7493 posts Member
    Options

55 to 5*
    85 to 6*
    100 to 7*
    240 total

So comparing to an event that started at the same pace is a false equivalency, but equating to one that is different is ok.... got it.

You can expect whatever you want, but I will stick with logic and reason, since no character has required 2 years to farm from qualifying if done at the max available rate, and no crystal refreshes.

So comparing an event to its actual predecessors, which have the actual same name, and the actual same format is wrong, but comparing it to something related only in the fact that upon release it was a 2 year F2P farm is right... got it.

You are not sticking to logic and reason. You jumped immediately past the other 5 events that are actually the same and went to something wildly different because it fit your narrative. And the events you picked started as requiring a 2 year farm even though CG said it would be "the same time as a hard node farm." After a few months of complaining they just moved the characters to their own nodes.

Raddus/Finalizer have been out for over a year. Are they on their own nodes yet? How about Home One, Endurance, or Executrix? No?

Also odd for you now to come out and say "they've never done this before, so even though they've told us that's what they're doing, that's not what they're doing," when you often tell us we can only go by what information we have and not to speculate on what CG may or may not do.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

55 to 5*
    85 to 6*
    100 to 7*
    240 total

So comparing an event to its actual predecessors, which have the actual same name, and the actual same format is wrong, but comparing it to something related only in the fact that upon release it was a 2 year F2P farm is right... got it.

You are not sticking to logic and reason. You jumped immediately past the other 5 events that are actually the same and went to something wildly different because it fit your narrative. And the events you picked started as requiring a 2 year farm even though CG said it would be "the same time as a hard node farm." After a few months of complaining they just moved the characters to their own nodes.

Raddus/Finalizer have been out for over a year. Are they on their own nodes yet? How about Home One, Endurance, or Executrix? No?

Also odd for you now to come out and say "they've never done this before, so even though they've told us that's what they're doing, that's not what they're doing," when you often tell us we can only go by what information we have and not to speculate on what CG may or may not do.

Please share the quote where they said, "this will be a 2 year farm". They are not saying that, at least not that I am aware of.

The player base is saying that, based on the starting position of the event. This has happened before, which is why I used that as an example. In that example things changed later on to have it not be a 2 year farm. By that logic the same thing will happen here.

If they prove me wrong, I will come back here in 2 years and apologize for my logical conclusion.
  • StarSon
    7493 posts Member
    Options

55 to 5*
    85 to 6*
    100 to 7*
    240 total

Please share the quote where they said, "this will be a 2 year farm". They are not saying that, at least not that I am aware of.

The player base is saying that, based on the starting position of the event. This has happened before, which is why I used that as an example. In that example things changed later on to have it not be a 2 year farm. By that logic the same thing will happen here.

If they prove me wrong, I will come back here in 2 years and apologize for my logical conclusion.

Please share the quote where I said CG told us it would be a 2 year farm. The playerbase is saying it, because it's true. It's just simple math.

The problem with your comparison is that there had never been any event like that, and have not been since; whereas the Executor is not a new event type. There are 2 other Advanced Fleet Mastery events already, and 3 regular. In all cases, the cadence is the same, and the only time the cadence changed on either was to make them slower, not faster.

The 2 year F2P farm is the same for Raddus/Finalizer, btw. The only difference is no one cared because we only needed 5* for the GL's, and they were clearly not meant to be arena meta.
  • TVF
    36710 posts Member
    Options
    Magruffin wrote: »

w9ycao4yo12t.jpeg
    There are people spending more than me in my arena shard and over the years. I’m just a small kraken in the entire galaxy :expressionless:

Here is a updated ranking chart for you

jerry-seinfeld-mandelbaum-official-rankings-gif-17550481.gif
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

55 to 5*
    85 to 6*
    100 to 7*
    240 total

Kyno, when Raddus and Finalizer were released it was on a basis where it could be once or twice a month. That cut down the farm initially because some months it would be once, others twice. So on average it took players about a year, add on a month or two, more to unlock at 7* after their release with no packs.

This time they’ve said it’s once a month. With no changes to that cadence, it will take 24 months. If they do that for a year, then do a consistently twice a month, that will be 18 months (12 months for 120 blueprints, then 6 months for the last 120).

So it will take you 18 months (at the absolute minimum, 12 months) to get Executor to 7* and that is after GL prerequisite gear requirements. That’s not right. If they have such a steep gear dump, people shouldn’t have to spend even more to get their new ship to full power. This is getting out of hand now
  • TVF
    36710 posts Member
    Options
    This is getting out of hand now

200.gif
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

55 to 5*
    85 to 6*
    100 to 7*
    240 total

Kyno, when Raddus and Finalizer were released it was on a basis where it could be once or twice a month. That cut down the farm initially because some months it would be once, others twice. So on average it took players about a year, add on a month or two, more to unlock at 7* after their release with no packs.

This time they’ve said it’s once a month. With no changes to that cadence, it will take 24 months. If they do that for a year, then do a consistently twice a month, that will be 18 months (12 months for 120 blueprints, then 6 months for the last 120).

So it will take you 18 months (at the absolute minimum, 12 months) to get Executor to 7* and that is after GL prerequisite gear requirements. That’s not right. If they have such a steep gear dump, people shouldn’t have to spend even more to get their new ship to full power. This is getting out of hand now

I am not arguing with the math, just the idea that nothing will change to have the end result be different. Again, we have seen this before, and low and behold it didnt take 2 years or 23k crystals. But I am more than willing to come back in 2 years if it doesnt change and apologize for my suggestion.
  • Rhydia
    104 posts Member
    Options
    Comparing Executor to Raddus and Finalizer is absolutely ludicrous. Those two ships have a Star gate and nothing more. I don’t currently meet the requirements for Raddus but after watching Skelturix video on Finalizer I’m able to obtain shards every time the event comes around with g8 first order and a relic bossk. The requirements aren’t even remotely comparable. Furthermore, this whole release is a slap in the face to everyone who went hard at the Razorcrest and neglected other options only to see it released in packs and eventually a galactic chase. I want CG to make money and be profitable for the health and longevity of this game. But what they’re doing here is just wrong.
  • Options

55 to 5*
    85 to 6*
    100 to 7*
    240 total

I am not arguing with the math, just the idea that nothing will change to have the end result be different. Again, we have seen this before, and low and behold it didnt take 2 years or 23k crystals. But I am more than willing to come back in 2 years if it doesnt change and apologize for my suggestion.

Even if it changes, it will be a year at the absolute minimum. And that’s bare bones. More likely 15-18 months if they stick to their once a month cadence longer than 6 months. This is after a GL-like gear dump to even do the event. That’s not ok
  • Options

55 to 5*
    85 to 6*
    100 to 7*
    240 total

Kyno you seem to be ignoring the fact that MT and Wicket were both farmable characters and had nodes you could farm them off of in addition to the event. So your comparison is 100% false equivalency. We're not going to be getting a node featuring Executor.
  • TVF
    36710 posts Member
    Options

55 to 5*
    85 to 6*
    100 to 7*
    240 total

Kyno you seem to be ignoring the fact that MT and Wicket were both farmable characters and had nodes you could farm them off of in addition to the event.

Not initially.
  • Shadow1989
    130 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    With $10,000 I would have most characters in the is game at R5

My small account is only at 2.5m Gp playing for 4months… i have the two ravens 7* and bad batch 6-7*, hoda package toons 6-7*.

There’s a kraken at my shard with 3.5m gp, he should had spent 20k usd.

We started around may21.

My point being You can get most characters with $10000 over years… not within 2-3weeks.

Drats, im losing out on google play points since it is not available in my country… got to factor that in as well.

I basically owned my arena…
    There is someone who hoarded 90k energy for 2years and he doesnt even have slkr.(sad for him)

Now that he has slkr two months after i got mine, i just auto battle him with a godly moded slkr

• TVF
    36710 posts Member
    Options

Now that he has slkr, i just auto battle him.

tenor.gif