Replies

• TVF
    36756 posts Member
    Options
    Heretosay wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    That was really fast. Like really fast.

My money is on a buff to the crew skill. Extra speed for better turn order and to make sure ht plays before opponents to avoid a deadly first salvo, maybe extra offense/prot just for the fun of it.

My money is they wait til the new ship can make them money and hope all is forgotten. I don't know what you remember but they promised to fix the NS cheese on Kenobi. Kenobi's time alone is almost over at the top and nothing has changed.

1) They didn't promise to do that, they said changes were "likely."

2) Kenobi is still easily at the top, so my guess is they decided to not break anything further by trying to fix it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Themy
    96 posts Member
    Options
    Zanir wrote: »
    If there's one thing we can for sure expect CG to deliver on, it's safeguarding the whales' investments into the new shiny.

This is literally Malak 2.0. Old stuff beats new shiny? TO THE RRRRRRRRRRRRRESCUE

Anything else is a problem? Deal with it lmao

This is such a stupid statement, in ALL games like this new toons must be able to beat older toons or else there is no incentive to spend money. When it all boils down this game is run by a business whose job it is to turn a profit. They don't make a profit if everyone refunds their money spent on a character that is not living up to the marketing hype that the company put out.
  • Options
    Themy wrote: »
    If there's one thing we can for sure expect CG to deliver on, it's safeguarding the whales' investments into the new shiny.

This is literally Malak 2.0. Old stuff beats new shiny? TO THE RRRRRRRRRRRRRESCUE

This is such a stupid statement, in ALL games like this new toons must be able to beat older toons or else there is no incentive to spend money. When it all boils down this game is run by a business whose job it is to turn a profit. They don't make a profit if everyone refunds their money spent on a character that is not living up to the marketing hype that the company put out.

Omega says hi
  • TVF
    36756 posts Member
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

Omega says hi

Omega is a marquee, nice try.
  • Options
    To be fair to the whales, I have several whale friends that spent between $500-$1000 to get all the reqs and ship at 7*. They were so disappointed that they immediately requested and received refunds. Thats not good for CG.

I was hoping the ship would be beatable, just to give everyone a chance in FA and TW, but I also do want it to be extra strong on defense. Possibly they are going to release a new ship that actually breaks it, but who knows. As for me, I plan on working toward the executor starting next week after I finish the JMK reqs.
  • Options
    The worst part is being on vacation and coming home to see cg opened this for 1 day. Come on cg people have lives. New ship should be at least a week. Minimum three days.
  • Options
    Leytuhas wrote: »
    Lmao. CGs lack of testing competence rears its head once again.

What's this "testing" you refer to?
  • Gavsta
    203 posts Member
    Options
    A little calm to the craziness...
    1. Executor right now can crush everything on offence, to the point it can almost be auto'd.
    2. Another ship (Dengar's) is coming.... which will likely do to the Executor what Malak did to Darth Revan.
    3. I've tried all these 'counters' that have been shown by some of our 'learned' creators and they really aren't that easy or straightforward.

For me, this is a decently balanced release compared to many that have come out, and what's to come will likely beef up Executor a bit.

My hope, is that we can maintain a paper/rock/scissors game (with maybe a big heavy rock) so its enjoyable .... playable .... and we don't return to the dark days of the likes of the Jedi Knight Revan.
  • TVF
    36756 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    deleted
  • Ally
    47 posts Member
    Options
    So they cant test properly a new massive requirement ship, just weeks after Omega bringing the "high single target fire".

Yet we are told to "trust them it for the good of the game"(not for GL dollarsz) in that we are making this huge nerf to your characters and counters and it'll be better for the health of the game.

CG cant get right a single cap ship and a single character right how are we gonna trust their testing on the huge nerf of 2021?
  • Options
    Just add a speed bonus to piett’s t8 ability and add breach or target lock ships can’t assist.
  • Straegen
    194 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    The most glaring problem is that the 5* is better than the 7* with the current Bounty Hunter ships. The fact the 7* gets eat up by nearly every fleet on defense isn't great either. Adding 5 speed to RC will fix the 7* performance issue.
  • Options

Sure, which is why testing your new character (or ship) before release is a good idea but here we are yet again...
  • Options
    "We need to nerf GL counters for future game balance" (trust us we know what we're doing)
    "The community have discovered after one hour, that the Executor is under performing" (actually we don't have a clue)
  • TVF
    36756 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not sure who trusts CG, even I don't...
  • Options
    Correct me if I'm wrong, the general feeling is that it can beat everyone on offence and is not unbeatable on defence when the AI takes over.

If that's not as CG intended it to perform, does that mean they actually want it to be unbeatable on defence?

That's so far down the wrong path if so. Just my opinion. If you have one character that is unbeatable, its not Galaxy of Heroes, its just Galaxy of Hero.
  • Options
    And this is why my wallet will stay closed for this game from now on. It doesn’t matter how much you invested in the past, if it breaks their shiny new toys they will make sure it gets nerfed. Before anyone else says it, a nerf is more likely than a buff as soon power creep will make other parts of the game unviable.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

Omega says hi

“In all games like this, new toons must be able to beat older toons or else there is no incentive to spend money”

Doesn’t specify marquee or otherwise. Specifically saying new toons must beat old toons. So my statement stands to prove the original comment incorrect that new toons do not need to defeat all old toons.
  • TVF
    36756 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Omega says hi

“In all games like this, new toons must be able to beat older toons or else there is no incentive to spend money”

Doesn’t specify marquee or otherwise. Specifically saying new toons must beat old toons. So my statement stands to prove the original comment incorrect that new toons do not need to defeat all old toons.

If you want to completely ignore the context of the post in order to somehow win internet points for an obvious statement, congrats I guess.
  • Lrrr
    172 posts Member
    Options
    Gavsta wrote: »
    A little calm to the craziness...
    1. Executor right now can crush everything on offence, to the point it can almost be auto'd.

Not a 7* maxed BH Executor vs a 4* less geared mirror. That’s a problem. If it’s wai, they should refund folks to purchased it. They’ve said there should be no ‘paper zombie’ stuff, and right now 7* maxed squad versus a lesser team is rough. It was over sold. It has under delivered. It’s still a good ship, but the 7* v 4* thing has to be fixed, regardless if they leave counters.
  • Options
    Gavsta wrote: »
    3. I've tried all these 'counters' that have been shown by some of our 'learned' creators and they really aren't that easy or straightforward.

Mid Relic Rebels cut through it like butter. Mine are R4 and it's pretty quick. Your Rebel crews are not relic. Ackbar still purple. Not roster shaming, it's just a fact. An R8 crew shouldn't fall to 3rd gen meta fleets several relic levels back.

• TVF
    36756 posts Member
    Options
    Correct me if I'm wrong, the general feeling is that it can beat everyone on offence and is not unbeatable on defence when the AI takes over.

If that's not as CG intended it to perform, does that mean they actually want it to be unbeatable on defence?

That's so far down the wrong path if so. Just my opinion. If you have one character that is unbeatable, its not Galaxy of Heroes, its just Galaxy of Hero.

As it used to be, and as some of us want it to be.

At this level of investment, another fleet that can be beat by multiple existing fleets is worthless.