Executor is a beast? [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Mirkraag wrote: »
    Heretosay wrote: »
    Have we gotten confirmation this is working as intended from the community manager yet?

No, and from my understanding they may be looking at things, but waiting on an official statement to that effect. (But I make no promises or anything of any sort of official thing of this statement)

I'm baffled they have beta testers I watch streamers accidentally reveal things all the time. This shouldn't be missed. I'm sorry if there is an unintended interaction with 2 really odd ships that's understandable, but this is the current meta.

You are jumping to conclusions, but that can be natural without actual knowledge of the situation.

Maybe we can just leave the speculation about the beta group out of this and provide some constructive feedback about the ship and the issues you have/see.

Sorry but he is right.

Dev actually teased ("sell") the ship as the next meta literally.
    This ship has been beta tested. Two options : one is that they missed the point that the ship has a terrible AI in defense (so equivalent to not be beta tested at all). Option 2 CG was lying about the fact that it will be the next meta.

2 options, which one is the good one that I dont know.

Again, you can assume what you want, but no there are many many more options than that for what could have happened.

Assigning blame based on no knowledge of what happened doesnt help and is no way constructive. Please keep it constructive and provide feedback about the ship.

I disagree, I believe seriously questioning the existence and/or detail of the pre-release testing regime is extremely constructive for the future of the game and keeping any kind of trust with the paying players who are the ones keeping the game going - and this is in light of let's be honest not just this one issue of this nature but just the most recent in a very long string of post-release issues which point to significant problems with the 'testing' processes such as they are or the ability of those involved to perform those testing processes to a competent level!

Telling players to NOT question the testing processes and procedures after yet another release debacle is, I would argue, the unconstructive thing to be doing because the status quo clearly isn't working as intended!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Beeblebrox wrote: »
    Have we gotten confirmation this is working as intended from the community manager yet?

No, and from my understanding they may be looking at things, but waiting on an official statement to that effect. (But I make no promises or anything of any sort of official thing of this statement)

I'm baffled they have beta testers I watch streamers accidentally reveal things all the time. This shouldn't be missed. I'm sorry if there is an unintended interaction with 2 really odd ships that's understandable, but this is the current meta.

You are jumping to conclusions, but that can be natural without actual knowledge of the situation.

Maybe we can just leave the speculation about the beta group out of this and provide some constructive feedback about the ship and the issues you have/see.

Sorry but he is right.

This ship has been beta tested. Two options : one is that they missed the point that the ship has a terrible AI in defense (so equivalent to not be beta tested at all). Option 2 CG was lying about the fact that it will be the next meta.

Again, you can assume what you want, but no there are many many more options than that for what could have happened.

Assigning blame based on no knowledge of what happened doesnt help and is no way constructive. Please keep it constructive and provide feedback about the ship.

I disagree, I believe seriously questioning the existence and/or detail of the pre-release testing regime is extremely constructive for the future of the game and keeping any kind of trust with the paying players who are the ones keeping the game going - and this is in light of let's be honest not just this one issue of this nature but just the most recent in a very long string of post-release issues which point to significant problems with the 'testing' processes such as they are or the ability of those involved to perform those testing processes to a competent level!

Telling players to NOT question the testing processes and procedures after yet another release debacle is, I would argue, the unconstructive thing to be doing because the status quo clearly isn't working as intended!

Questioning, sure fine. But since no one here has any knowledge of how it works or what steps are involved, assigning blame is in no way constructive to this situation. Nor is it helpful in any way.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    SerylT2 wrote: »
    I said it when Executor was first announced...

If you force such a high price on a ship where nothing has ever cost anything remotely similar before, then you end up with 2 possible outcomes
    1) The ship is a GL of ships in a context where there is no other GL and easily destroys everything thrown against it, on offense and defense, which is terrible for gameplay and for fun.
    or
    2) The ship is a good ship, no better (or only incrementally better) than other good ships, and is clearly not worth the investment.

When you force your customers to race their Tesla sedans against an Aston Martin Vanquish, no one is happy and your business does not prosper.

When you put an Aston Martin price tag on a Tesla sedan, no one is happy and your business does not prosper.

This was never going to end well, and the only reasonable thing to do was implement jk Luke type pricing to get folks used to the idea of relic pricing for ships while you slowly ramp up the power levels.

This was an entirely foreseeable failure, CG. I do hope you have learned your lesson this time.

This post is the gospel here. My happiness at this ships failing to live up to the hype is mainly due to my despise of its balance wrecking prophesy. The ship comes off as balanced to me and that is a good thing in my mind.

I do sympathize with those who feel misled about being given an "I win" button for a heavy investment. But "I win" buttons are utter game killers. This game was suffering for awhile until they opened the meta back up post Revan.

I'll say it again. You want an "I Win" button.. go play by yourself, and you'll win every time. You want to play with thousands of other people you are going to have to accept you won't come in first place every single time.

You know some people spend on the game right? And since you don't have to spend to play, those people that spend expect an advantage for spending?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

Sorry but he is right.

Questioning, sure fine. But since no one here has any knowledge of how it works or what steps are involved, assigning blame is in no way constructive to this situation. Nor is it helpful in any way.

I saw people questioning the testing, or lack thereof, you were the one who classified it as blame!
  • Options
    By the way, after all this negative feedback no one from CG write a single word? This is not the best way to manage your customers...
  • Options
    I think a large part of the issue with the Executor fleet is that they designed the Cap ship to be 1-speed faster than fastest current cap ship BUT all of the ships which work as decent starters with it are slower than it, and of the 2 special abilities available for use first turn 1 of them is a heal which is useless if no turns have occurred and the other is an aoe that by itself does very minimal damage and is only really useful if the target enemy ship has Breach and/or Target Lock on it neither of which will be there since no allies have been able to take a turn yet - whoever designed this fleet either has no idea about turn mechanics, or was running IG at R9 with 7-dot mods, or had access to a much faster ship than we currently have access to!
    On top of that the Executor itself can't avoid the Taunt of Droid or Pilotless ships, so even if you did have a faster ally the AI would need to prioritize them hitting a taunting ship so that when Executor goes next there is a decent chance of it having a taunting enemy with one of those debuffs on it that can be targetted.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    LastNeuron wrote: »
    By the way, after all this negative feedback no one from CG write a single word? This is not the best way to manage your customers...

You must be new.
  • Options
    SerylT2 wrote: »
    I said it when Executor was first announced...

If you force such a high price on a ship where nothing has ever cost anything remotely similar before, then you end up with 2 possible outcomes
    1) The ship is a GL of ships in a context where there is no other GL and easily destroys everything thrown against it, on offense and defense, which is terrible for gameplay and for fun.
    or
    2) The ship is a good ship, no better (or only incrementally better) than other good ships, and is clearly not worth the investment.

When you force your customers to race their Tesla sedans against an Aston Martin Vanquish, no one is happy and your business does not prosper.

When you put an Aston Martin price tag on a Tesla sedan, no one is happy and your business does not prosper.

This was never going to end well, and the only reasonable thing to do was implement jk Luke type pricing to get folks used to the idea of relic pricing for ships while you slowly ramp up the power levels.

This was an entirely foreseeable failure, CG. I do hope you have learned your lesson this time.

This post is the gospel here. My happiness at this ships failing to live up to the hype is mainly due to my despise of its balance wrecking prophesy. The ship comes off as balanced to me and that is a good thing in my mind.

I do sympathize with those who feel misled about being given an "I win" button for a heavy investment. But "I win" buttons are utter game killers. This game was suffering for awhile until they opened the meta back up post Revan.

I'll say it again. You want an "I Win" button.. go play by yourself, and you'll win every time. You want to play with thousands of other people you are going to have to accept you won't come in first place every single time.

Rebels can beat everything
    Seps can beat everything
    Gr can beat everything

What should I relic meh characters in order to be able to do what I can already do ? That can’t be for diversity of choice, because those having access to r8 already have at least one competitive pvp fleet from the trio above. And if it’s for new players, r8 is harder to access than get1, so they’ll have a male/nego before being able to unlock executor.

It’s not about a ‘I win’ button. It’s about a ‘this fleet is better than the fleets before’ button.

This is meta driven game. Part of the game is trying to have an advantage in battle by chasing the best units. If ‘thousands of other people’ in a shard would have a fleet of equivalent power that can beat reliably all the other fleets, it would change the game drastically.
  • Options
    Whether or not proper testing was done is irrelevant. When you have a maxed Executor getting completely slapped around by a low star Executor and the 7* player has to drop mods in order to use their lineup effectively in a mirror match against a low star ship no less... you've got a problem... let alone every other fleet making minced meat of it.

I don't think they're foolish though and will take a look at everything and tweak things. It's either that or prepare for the buyers to be calling their banks/CC companies.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    FULL AUTO easy offense wins:

I wish this was worth the investment.
  • Options
    I think the biggest question and concern is does CG actually test their game? They said themselves it would basically be unbeatable at 7* and it is very very beatable. Are they playing a completely different game than we are? Sure someone could say “well people make mistakes.” They have said characters and ships would be this or do that and it was actually the opposite. Omega for example is probably the weakest hitter on the bad batch team. Hunter and tech hit higher than her and they told us she would deal high single fire damage and she doesn’t. It’s no coincidence that they keep getting it wrong more than not.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    I think a large part of the issue with the Executor fleet is that they designed the Cap ship to be 1-speed faster than fastest current cap ship BUT all of the ships which work as decent starters with it are slower than it, and of the 2 special abilities available for use first turn 1 of them is a heal which is useless if no turns have occurred and the other is an aoe that by itself does very minimal damage and is only really useful if the target enemy ship has Breach and/or Target Lock on it neither of which will be there since no allies have been able to take a turn yet - whoever designed this fleet either has no idea about turn mechanics, or was running IG at R9 with 7-dot mods, or had access to a much faster ship than we currently have access to!
    On top of that the Executor itself can't avoid the Taunt of Droid or Pilotless ships, so even if you did have a faster ally the AI would need to prioritize them hitting a taunting ship so that when Executor goes next there is a decent chance of it having a taunting enemy with one of those debuffs on it that can be targetted.

My trick is using tie fighter R7 in open lineup. At 207 speed he goes first, followed by houndstooth then executor. Nice open salvo. 😜
  • Options
    My guild mate has a strong relic Rebel fleet and has so far won 4/5 battles with executors including at 7*. Doesn't quite seem to be working as intended.
  • Options
    Sewpot wrote: »

My trick is using tie fighter R7 in open lineup. At 207 speed he goes first, followed by houndstooth then executor. Nice open salvo. 😜

👍
    The problem with that though (I think) is that not only is Tie Fighter's target lock only a 75% chance (and also resistable) but that Executor special only gives a decent blast if you either have Target Lock plus multiple Empire starters, which isn't the ideal starter lineup, or if you have Breach and multiple BH starters which requires a BH faster than any we have in-game

Which is not to say Tie isn't an option, it's just that it doesn't seem to be an ideal option for the way the cap ship special works best
  • Options
    Not going to lie, I am pretty disappointed. They way this was marketed feels like a really dishonest bait and switch. Especially for the investment. Like others have said already, why even get this if it changes nothing in the meta? To have slightly easier battles on offense?

It's even on Tier 5 of their new Journey Guide ahead of **** and with GS, JKL and Malak. I'd take any one of those over this, and they all require far less.

Really really disappointed.
  • Options
    This already reminds me of that epic "SEE definitely needs a buff" thread.
  • Canadafett
    74 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »

SEE was advertised as on par of the old GLs, it was.

This was advertised to be the new meta and it's on par with old meta
  • Options
    Canadafett wrote: »
    AlexanderG wrote: »

SEE was advertised as on par of the old GLs, it was.

It took CG about 3 months to decide that though and boy, I see this one running and running.
  • Options
    SEE is in the journey guide and available whenever you've met the requirements. This is a one day save up/whale event, then discover the investment wasn't worth it. Putting things in the journey guide was supposed show a more player friendly CG. This is forced exclusivity forcing panic farms due to the duration of the event with no time to evaluate other than the hyperbolic advertising on a streamers YouTube channel.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options
    LastNeuron wrote: »

You must be new. Welcome to SWGoH forums, where the people here complain about CG’s terrible decisions, the mods defend CG, and CG says nothing.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Options
    My malevolence with all gear 12 geos destroyed it with 1 casualty. Lol so much for being the new meta.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options

👍
    The problem with that though (I think) is that not only is Tie Fighter's target lock only a 75% chance (and also resistable) but that Executor special only gives a decent blast if you either have Target Lock plus multiple Empire starters, which isn't the ideal starter lineup, or if you have Breach and multiple BH starters which requires a BH faster than any we have in-game

Which is not to say Tie isn't an option, it's just that it doesn't seem to be an ideal option for the way the cap ship special works best

First move is tie (possible TL)
    Second move is tooth (breach)
    Third move is executor.
    Seems a good option so far to help the AI
    3 moves before your enemy, got taunt up, tie has foresight up.
    Every dodge from tie is 25% Tm to cap ship. I’m not complain so far
  • Options
    What happen to non GL can never beat GL
  • Options
    Seems like CG words can never be trusted. :D
  • Options

👍

First move is tie (possible TL)
    Second move is tooth (breach)
    Third move is executor.
    Seems a good option so far to help the AI
    3 moves before your enemy, got taunt up, tie has foresight up.
    Every dodge from tie is 25% Tm to cap ship. I’m not complain so far

How is your HT going before the enemy and before Exec? Or do you mean enemy is getting one turn where it's targetting someone other than HT which awards it tm? Or...(likely!)...am I missing something else 😁
  • Options
    Dominate the META…. After we release two new ships…
  • Options
    Ironic we get a reminder about upcoming character changes , that are explained in part as ensuring any counter has a comparable investment to the team it is countering. The same philosophy does not seem to have been applied with Executor. The big caveat , and it is big , is we don't get to see the future like CG do. The criticism is understandable given the frustration , but let's give them time to show us the finished product. The only feedback I have for CG is, if indeed we will see new ships to take the Executor to the top of the meta on defense, why antagonize your customers and put yourself in this position. Why not announce a full roadmap ?
  • Options
    I can’t stop chuckling…all I think of is SEE. “Devastating Attacker”. When it should have read Devastating Attacker against two teams in all of Star Wars and even then the rest of your team is fodder so prepare to always lose banners.

And I spent WAY more than 200 to 300 bucks…..

If people are getting this with no investment that makes my eyes bulge it better not beat ships that took months of GET refreshing and saving to get.

Tl;dr Why are you surprised and don’t worry…it will probably see a buff due to the amount of talk up that went into it, so you’ll be able to park your fleet and only have to manage it for maybe two fights a day.

This game is literally the embodiment of rich people fighting to repress and control those around them.