Content Update: 08/26/2021 Feedback [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    @CG_SBCrumb_MINI @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI any update on the Geo TB bug that locked people from completing the CM without Executor? Know plenty of people that lost stars cause of this
  • Options
    Exactly as the title says, they aren’t keeping any lights on. To date SWGOH has made over 1.2 billion, that’s 1,200,000,000 if you need to see that in numerical form. What are they lighting? A way to Jupiter? How much do you think this game is to develop? You think 1.2 billion has been sunk back into the game since 2015? They charge what they do because they know new players will pay it to try to play catch up. Whales aren’t their target, it’s the newer players in mass that continually have to spend to catch up. Whales only need to spend slightly if at all to stay at the top as long as they don’t take a break.

So please stop high five’ing the whales as if they’re the ones that spent 1.2 billion. Let’s take a ludicrous number and say there are 500 krakens spending 10,000 a month and another 500 spending 5,000 a month….the grand total if they did this ever month for 5 years is 450 million….so yea: Quit encouraging 2 month transitions with pay walls (Kenobi to LV, because let’s be honest they set the precedent with Kenobi).
  • Options
    Thanks for this.

I love made-up hypothetical accounting!
  • Options
    Thanks for this.

What’s made up? The revenue? The cost of keeping the lights on? Or the numbers I said are…made up?

I love when people tell me I provided hypothetical accounting when I said I provided hypothetical accounting!
  • Options
    Dkfusion wrote: »
    Thanks for this.

What’s made up? The revenue? The cost of keeping the lights on? Or the numbers I said are…made up?

I love when people tell me I provided hypothetical accounting when I said I provided hypothetical accounting!

We’re both happy then! Well done.
  • Options
    Thanks for this.

We’re both happy then! Well done.

d9bjlp7k2dl2.jpg

** To provide clarification this isn't knocking CG, EA, or anyone in particular, as much as the people that are constantly giving handies to the whales as if they're doing everyone a "service".
  • Options
    So when are we getting a buff to JML? Thanks to you geniuses, he is severely weaker against every other GL. His team has no damage output to even beat mirrors. Congrats on destroying yet another fun thing in this game because of your greed.
  • Options
    I recommend expecting nothing. That will prevent disappointment.

Spoken like a true submissive.

• Ultra
    11522 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb_MINI @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI any update on the Geo TB bug that locked people from completing the CM without Executor? Know plenty of people that lost stars cause of this

They are working on giving us an update to this today, hopefully
  • Options
    SerylT2 wrote: »

Or a realist.

If there was any way they could identify guilds that had lost a star or two as a result of this, it would be great if they were compensated.

But I don’t think they’re up to that. And my guild isn’t one of them, so I expect nothing at all.
  • Options
    For me, whales (and all other marine life labels) are completely subjective and almost totally meaningless.

I’ve been called a whale dozens of times on these forums. I have all 5 GLs, but my total spend over the 5.5 yrs I’ve played the game is <£500. And £300 of that was going crazy to unlock GAS first time.

Spenders are keeping this game alive. Beyond that, any label to segregate the spenders doesn’t really mean anything.
  • Ultra
    11522 posts Moderator
    Options
    I'm not sure what homage they did for the whales

If you are talking about the recent character nerfs, they didn't do it to appease to spenders (I know a few spenders that didn't like the changes) but they did for the longterm health of the game

Not a fan of the nerfs either, but lets see how what the state of the game will be in a few months and whether this was worth it or not
  • Options
    Chill bro, CG doesn't care. Just seem to care.
  • Ultra
    11522 posts Moderator
    Options

Or a realist.

If there was any way they could identify guilds that had lost a star or two as a result of this, it would be great if they were compensated.

But I don’t think they’re up to that. And my guild isn’t one of them, so I expect nothing at all.

CG has compensated us for TB mistakes they have done in the past, so I'm pretty positive that they will give a game wide compensation that makes up for it
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    I’m so confused, is this a hypothetical accounting class? If so, I’m in, I need the credits.
  • Ultra
    11522 posts Moderator
    Options
    I'm not defending the nerfs but they are here to stay

What more do you want me to do other than expressing I don't like it?
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »

Fight, be a voice.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options

Fight, be a voice.

CG wouldn’t care; what good would complaining on a forum do though?
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Options
    Finally Darth Vader is a wet noodle again, can you refund alls his relic material please?
  • Options
    Worst update ever, please refund all material I put in my Vader and jkl.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options

Fight, be a voice.

So you want to start a mob?

There are so many threads that are just mobs against CG already, and clearly they are all working.
  • Options
    t2fews5gulox.jpeg
  • Options
    40nx3db8usmd.jpeg
  • Options
    Nihion wrote: »

Fight, be a voice.

There are so many threads that are just mobs against CG already, and clearly they are all working.

To be honest, this thread exists as a mob. One of people complaining / arguing / whatevering against this most recent update. The OP says as much. This one is just your “general” mob, as opposed to the Executor-mob or the Conquest-mob. (Why this isn’t just the Road Ahead Thread, I’m not sure.)

Here’s my point of view. To some degree, I understand the need for these nerfs to allow GLs to be the endgame units they need to be. To some degree, I understand how characters like GAS and JKL hitting for upwards of 100k damage that ignores Defense is problematic. To some degree, I understand how testing is limited and the Player Base is much better at finding all possible angles and strategies and that can make it hard to predict counters. And to some minor degree, I can understand how Conquest being too quick or too easy can need changes for the intended balance of the game.

But we need some good news. Nothing for a while - since that Road Ahead - has been good news for just about anyone, with only a minor exception for Lord Vader and Maul who pretty much everyone knew was coming already. And even Maul messed that up by dealing massive amounts of Defense Ignoring Damage after so many posts about the dangers of massive amounts of Defense Ignoring Damage. Simming Assault Battles would be good news, but the way it was presented seemed like it was an afterthought, a way to somehow compensate for the massive difficultly spike that Conquest is about to undergo (whether datamined Feats are true or not). The little bit of goodness in the Road Ahead was overshadowed by the character nerfs and then completely eclipsed by the Executor flop, and the little bit of goodness in this update is overshadowed by the Conquest Changes (Mega) and if what’s datamined proves correct will be completely eclipsed by Conquest being an excruciating grind instead of something fun to do in the game.

What’s new? Is there a shipload of content coming besides Executor? Will Relic 9 finally usher in a much needed gear crunch relief? Will Relic Abilities finally come, or 7 Dot Mods, or Grand Arena adjustments? Is there anything left for you to tell us that we can look forward to, instead of leaving us preparing for the worst and getting what we can in the time we have?

Because if you do, we’d like to know.
  • Options
    Nihion wrote: »

@Nihion You can consistently make it clear people are unhappy without being a rage mob. We do not live in a world where submission or rage mob is the only options. There are alternatives. But people have to be willing to try. I see little care from anybody here to try. And thus you get abused because you submit yourself to it.

• Options
    Whales aren’t their target, it’s the newer players in mass that continually have to spend to catch up.
    If new players do that, i think they didnt understand something in this game: you dont have to catch up. Enjoy the huge content that exists in this game now and that veteran players are simming.
    There are 2 majors pvp game mode: arena and gac. In arena there is an arm race with players who started the game when you did, not with veteran players. The hyperdrive bundle created a moat between ftp and paying customers in arena, more than before imo. But there is another game mode where any player can compete, ftp included: gac, thanks to matchmaking.
    The new meta characters that come to the game are here to give new goals to veteran players, it’s not for new players. I played for 4 years and unlocked jmk, so if a player starting now will unlock jmk only in 4 years, that wont be surprising nor a problem(it will probably be faster thanks to new game modes and rewards). It doesnt mean he cant enjoy the game nor having fun nor being competitive in gac ftp during those years.
    Tl;dr: you dont have to pay for catch up because you dont have to catch up. Enjoy the game at your level.
  • Ultra
    11522 posts Moderator
    Options

Fight, be a voice.

I've already said I don't like it but I don't like repeating myself over and over because I'm just wasting my own time and energy
  • Options
    They gave us a buffed Vader at least as a decent character. Yoda has never been part of the meta and these are 2 extremely powerful characters. Now they take Vader away and no fun any longer. Both should be very power gl's???
    Then we get a god capital ship and bounty hunters who are more loners become meta and organized most powerful fleet in the game over Empire, rebels and resistance who are more organized and work together??
    Seems they got it all backwards and don't care what so ever.
    Of course if you don't pay you don't compete then take away Vader and make both Vader and Yoda not a part of any fun away from us one again. Let's also see if they don't fix MM and stop matching up people with less gl's since if you don't have a gl you can't beat a gl.
    Game seems backwards but someone's laughing all the way to the bank about it.
  • Options
    Wasn't Yoda in the meta back in the JKR days? And game doesn't follow canon, thankfully.
  • Options
    So our feedback was merged and over half of our “feedback” vanished?. Classic CG/CG sympathisers.

This “update” or The great nerf of 2021 is a steaming pile of poop. Nothing positive, it doesn’t benefit any tier of player or the “health” of the game.

There are so many good suggestions out there that would contribute to community happiness but you simply ignore them and continue to abuse the community instead….you know the community that keeps you employed?

A simple one that I read recently(from a departing whale) was “Change the arena payout to highest rank achieved in a 24hr period, instead of payout times”. The arena shards are toxic, anyone who denies this is part of the problem. These formed gangs are patrolling the top 10 payouts, bullying and threatening anyone who dares venture into there “God given right to the top payouts”, because they have lined CGs pockets with gold…..hence the reason CG allows and encourages bullying in their game.

All in all CG you are repugnant.