Content Update: 08/26/2021 Feedback [MERGE]

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Bad batch in theory should have also been nerfed because they use true damage.

Now, I'm sure they will be at some point - and that's the concerning part about this precedent.

CG's actions with this multiple character nerf indicate that they no longer have any qualms about releasing a strong character (or buffing one), then, once many players have invested into said character or teams, nerfing it.

That should absolutely give everyone pause.

They have made changes before, this time it was a change to a mechanic, and yes that mechanic touched a few characters directly, so they made changes to them, but this is not the first time.a character has changed.

Players will always make the choices they feel comfortable with, but I'm not sure this is really a new thing, that should now raise the same concerns we have all raised before about character changes.

This is very different from previous minor tweaks/changes to individual characters in the past. These changes are changing success rates in GAC, TW and stars in TB (light and dark). You can attempt to try to explain it away and pretend it's similar to previous changes, but anyone who has played the game for a while can tell it is much larger in scale change in terms of effect than that.

I'm not going to continue arguing the point, as you and others will simply toe the company line, as is actually normally the case. At least Ultra has not completely caved to that mentality yet.

I am not trying to explain anything away. I agree this was a large scale change, and they acknowledgedthat and the fact that they try to avoid things like this, which is why this is one of the few examples of something this impactful happening.

I 100% agree that players will make the choices they make based on what has happened in the past and here, but we can't act like this is something that hasn't happened before and this is some how surprising.

I believe that having the game easier to design for and heading off long term problems when they are recognized, and yes making GLs more of a class of their own is a good thing for the player base. I also believe they could have been handled better and in different ways to allow players to adapt and move through, but it seems we have the rip the bandaid off approach on this one.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Shnel wrote: »
    Yes, correct, while they cost. As soon as everyone will have them they will have the same issue.

That's not how issues work.

Correction. That's not how they used to work. With this multi-character nerf (which includes journey characters), CG has signaled that they have no problems nerfing multiple characters at once if the playerbase has found ways to increase those characters' expected utility. And that they can do so to any type of character(s) and simply give "health of the game" as their reason. With no other explanation or recompense.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    The shorter end of the stick

Lol
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Yes, correct, while they cost. As soon as everyone will have them they will have the same issue.

That's not how issues work.

Correction. That's not how they used to work. With this multi-character nerf (which includes journey characters), CG has signaled that they have no problems nerfing multiple characters at once if the playerbase has found ways to increase those characters' expected utility. And that they can do so to any type of character(s) and simply give "health of the game" as their reason. With no other explanation or recompense.

Despite what you may think, the reason for this change has to do with how that mechanic interacted with r9, and the goals there.

From conversations way back, the general sense of higher relic levels was being compared to mods 1.0 type impact. This was a big change to not have that impact investment and this is a similar situation.

And no, that is not how issues work, they are not based on how many players have a thing. They are based on how that thing interacts, come on, you are better than that.
  • Options
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Only that it is. And in no way can this be defended as a change to a mechanic while this mecanic pretty obviously not only still exists, but is also being locked from non spenders. This change does look pretty much as a scam, the intent being clear that it is not about any health of the game but to push players who confortably played top pvp content and top level pve out of it. Sole intent to get the new characters with the same nerfed mechanics by using of course some cash. But like the priest tells us, we are to stupid to understand god plans.

I dont understand the scam when you can still play top pvp/pve content ftp. You just need GLs, which are the best units in the game as it was clearly stated since february 2020. True, it’s difficult to compete in arena because it’s an arms race, as it always was (It’s actually easier since GLs imo. I still see people climbing with JML, an almost 1 year old unit. And i saw people climbing with rey/kylo during the jml/see era). You dont need anything specific to play for top content ftp in Gac; you just need an appropriate roster than can grow at your own pace, thx to matchmaking; it’s the most ftp friendly game mode ever.
    CG clearly stated in the RA than they want GLs to be very difficult to beat by non-GLs; i dont see the point of lying about defense when they already said that. If you dont believe the ‘true dam is more manageable because you cant crit’ statement, just remember how people tried to counter vader culling blade sometimes: crit avoidance arrow. When you do triple damage, you have far more chances to one shot someone.

It is pretty obvious you don't play this game. We can all make arbitrary posts saying everything is good. "Look, that forest is burning! - No it's not!" Simple, see? It is the second time where you troll me, i expect the post of victimizing next: "hey, i was just making a question, i didn't log in this game for a year to check myself things". As far as what you specifically need to play top content in this game as ftp, let me answer you on that. It's called "money". But then you won't be a ftp anymore, so it's a bit of paradox. Sure, you can still get executor as ftp in 2 years, is that relevant somehow? Does that mean top content for you?

I don’t engage in fights. Moving on ?
    As you didn’t bring any counter argument to the table, so we agree that everything i wrote was true ? I might be wrong, feel free to explain me where. Executor could be an interesting point, if you could develop what you meant it would be clearer.
  • Options
    Only that it is. And in no way can this be defended as a change to a mechanic while this mecanic pretty obviously not only still exists, but is also being locked from non spenders. This change does look pretty much as a scam, the intent being clear that it is not about any health of the game but to push players who confortably played top pvp content and top level pve out of it. Sole intent to get the new characters with the same nerfed mechanics by using of course some cash. But like the priest tells us, we are to stupid to understand god plans.

I dont understand the scam when you can still play top pvp/pve content ftp. You just need GLs, which are the best units in the game as it was clearly stated since february 2020. True, it’s difficult to compete in arena because it’s an arms race, as it always was (It’s actually easier since GLs imo. I still see people climbing with JML, an almost 1 year old unit. And i saw people climbing with rey/kylo during the jml/see era). You dont need anything specific to play for top content ftp in Gac; you just need an appropriate roster than can grow at your own pace, thx to matchmaking; it’s the most ftp friendly game mode ever.
    CG clearly stated in the RA than they want GLs to be very difficult to beat by non-GLs; i dont see the point of lying about defense when they already said that. If you dont believe the ‘true dam is more manageable because you cant crit’ statement, just remember how people tried to counter vader culling blade sometimes: crit avoidance arrow. When you do triple damage, you have far more chances to one shot someone.

It is pretty obvious you don't play this game. We can all make arbitrary posts saying everything is good. "Look, that forest is burning! - No it's not!" Simple, see? It is the second time where you troll me, i expect the post of victimizing next: "hey, i was just making a question, i didn't log in this game for a year to check myself things". As far as what you specifically need to play top content in this game as ftp, let me answer you on that. It's called "money". But then you won't be a ftp anymore, so it's a bit of paradox. Sure, you can still get executor as ftp in 2 years, is that relevant somehow? Does that mean top content for you?

I don’t engage in fights. Moving on ?
    As you didn’t bring any counter argument to the table, so we agree that everything i wrote was true ? I might be wrong, feel free to explain me where. Executor could be an interesting point, if you could develop what you meant it would be clearer.

This is what we've being complaining around here, if you would just take the effort to read.
    Scam, because you are presented something, you pay(time, money you choose it) for it, then gets changed for an argument that is invalidated with the very next introduced next. In simple words, it's scam because you pay for something and you get something else. Hopefully this will clarify your doubts about where and what.

Climbing in arenas as ftp, yes, we are talking about gls (nice observation). Where ftp comes to play? R8, now r9, next r10. I will explain to you this one too. Ftp cannot gain r8 easily, with the current update we talk about years of progress. I will explain why, no cpit, no hard mode gc, no last boxes hard mode cg. While this wasn't such a big issue because jml and co at r7 were doing fine against r8, and very probably against r9 they won't compete anymore against this relic difference. Hope this clarifies the ftp and arena issue for you.

About ignore defense more manageable, i suppose your are free to believe that, although in your position i would ask myself why most people around me think otherwise.

If you ask me to develop the idea of executor and ftp you are just embarasing yourself. But sure, go ahead believing you are right :)

First, you don't need to put some jabs here and there in your argument. I told you: I don't engage in fights. You can only gain a ban out of it if you take it too far.
    Scam, because you are presented something, you pay(time, money you choose it) for it, then gets changed for an argument that is invalidated with the very next introduced next. In simple words, it's scam because you pay for something and you get something else. Hopefully this will clarify your doubts about where and what.

It's a meta driven game, units/rules are adjusted if it doesn't follow this core anymore; they've done it before, they'll do it again. I'm with you with one thing: they could have done a better offer than the R8 to R7 devolving. Prerequisites would mean it would be a different devolving depending on players, but they could have done better anyway. That the main thing I don't like with these nerfs. But it was not my point: I challenged you when you said that the RA changes (and you were talking about defense) was a scam because it locked ftp out of top pvp/pve content.
    Ftp cannot gain r8 easily, with the current update we talk about years of progress. I will explain why, no cpit, no hard mode gc, no last boxes hard mode cg.

Yes, it will take years. That's maybe why we disagree: I accept that and you don't. Most players that try to follow meta by engaging with the last new thing are playing for years (or paid a lot of money). The game is designed like that. For a player starting now ftp, it will take years, or it will take money. But you don't have to rush for the end game. Enjoy the ride.
    About money and competing in pvp: I told you how GAC was very ftp friendly, and as you didn't challenge me about that, I guess you understood my point. Arena is different, you're totally right when you say that money plays a role there, a big one early game. You're matched against people who started the game with you. If they pay a lot of money, they will develop their roster crazy fast (Hyperdrive bundle widened the gap imo). To be able to compete ftp in arena you need time at first, and you need to be a very, very dedicated and organized player (better if you're in a strong guild from the start). It was like this before, maybe the gap will be even wider with the update, i have no idea so no opinion on the subject. But if you're currently competing for top places in arena against GLs, you're in a place where you should be able to clear CPit.
    About ignore defense more manageable, i suppose your are free to believe that, although in your position i would ask myself why most people around me think otherwise.

I don't know why. I know my opinion is backed by arguments that you didn't refute.
    If you ask me to develop the idea of executor and ftp you are just embarasing yourself. But sure, go ahead believing you are right :smile:

I didn't give my opinion about Executor. You're wrong about the "get executor as ftp in 2 years", but maybe you mispoke and that's not exactly what you meant; so I gave you a chance to clarify before engaging further in the debate.
  • Options
    Despite what you may think, the reason for this change has to do with how that mechanic interacted with r9, and the goals there.

Unless somehow we will be able to go from R7 to R9 without getting any R8 materials and there will be a feasible mechanism for getting R9 materials that doesn't involve spending hundreds of dollars per toon, many of the people affected by the changes won't be getting any R9 for several years if ever.
  • Options
    When is relic 10?
  • Options
    Please re-add the ignore defense to the weapon tech for Separatists or Genosians at least. The special mission in TB is terrible without it.
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Just 1 month ago, 1 frikin month, there was a wave of positivity surrounding the game.

Conquest was new and fun. The high ground appeared, and we knew the one and only LV was coming.

Now it’s a dumpster fire.

Beloved characters weakened. Conquest rebranded as a completely different event. The ever increasing steep requirements, which are reaching bizarre levels of Relics. Taking away, or severely limiting, the availability of R8 material for people unable to complete CPIT, whilst increasing the amount needed in requirements for new content. Many high GP players in smaller guilds who are content to be there, of which there are many, may start to feel less content as they grow their roster. The impact on smaller guild can be horrific if their 1 or 2 big guns leave, and mostly these people leave with heavy hearts. They don’t want to go. They are not thirsty and chasing top end game. They want to play, be chill, but still have a chance to progress their rosters. But by adding so many R8 requirements you’ve changed that dynamic. You giveth, you taketh away.

There are two people in my guild for example. The have 3 GL’s, a few R8. We’ve never done CPIT. They rightfully want LV. Until this update they believed they could still do it in our guild. Now they are not so sure. They talk to us openly about it and without ego. They are not wanting to dump us chasing bigger fish cause they are thirsty. They have been here years. We got 10 WAT shards for so long, and they never left chasing him. We don’t get any KAM. They prefer our guild, they just feel squeezed now in being able to get the characters they want, play how they want, have fun how they want, and stay in the guild with their friends.
  • Options
    If the health of the game is the main concern the best and easiest solution would be to not add relic 9 anytime soon (ever?), even adding relic 8 the way they did was a huge mistake but wishing for them to realize and acting on that is an insane pipe dream.
  • Options
    Yeah thats so cheap. They just remove the damage and add NOTHING to compensate. Bunch of lazy developpers.

Scandalous/ The big nerf update is really bad and add nothing interesting for players. Just frustration and a big "dont care" on money you could have spent on those non-gl toons.

Now only gl matters, the rest is obsolete. People should just rate the game for its real value (4.2 on playstore, LOL)
  • Options
    remember when they said relic will be fun and will add some new skills to toons :D

Everything that could be potentially fun is systematically absent or disappearing from the game. The only thnig that stay is power creep/money grab. No cool game design. They even told us that for example Deployable Cooling System was cool but no they had to remove it. Too fun for the players I guess. Who wants fun in a GAME after all. This is not a game this is just a money product from a greedy company.
  • Joebo720
    654 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Went from one of the best non-GL toons in the game to mediocre at best. Really a shame being he required a bit of time to farm up. He and Vader were both ruined by the nerfs.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    nottenst wrote: »

Unless somehow we will be able to go from R7 to R9 without getting any R8 materials and there will be a feasible mechanism for getting R9 materials that doesn't involve spending hundreds of dollars per toon, many of the people affected by the changes won't be getting any R9 for several years if ever.

That has always been true as each new gesr level is introduced, some players will take longer to get it than others. What has also always been true is that new needed elements to get each new level are offered in more ways/locations as time goes by.

Just to be clear there are f2p players with r8 characters, right now.
  • Options

That has always been true as each new gesr level is introduced, some players will take longer to get it than others. What has also always been true is that new needed elements to get each new level are offered in more ways/locations as time goes by.

And most probably the majority got them from conquest, which is being "adjusted". So adding r9 while simultaneously making r8 material more scarce for most players seems counterintuitive.
    I guess we will see how hard/easy new conquest rewards are obtainable, since I don't want to jump the gun, but even you seem sceptical of the improvements to conquest.
  • Options
    The severe nerf to Wat really hurts one of the only two missions in DSTB that are actually worth anything.

LSTB is only about away I wouldn’t expect a company like CG to have any chance of making sure the LS nerfs don’t totally derail that.
  • nottenst
    719 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    "Just to be clear there are f2p players with r8 characters, right now."

And that was thought to be a bad thing for the game so they have changed Conquest so that won't be the case in the future.

And now there is a bundle for R8 relic materials. $50 for 50% of what you need. You give us a $100 and we promise you bug-filled software that will make your investment worthless.
    Post edited by nottenst on
  • Madao5412
    18 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    This nerf is an abomination.
    My best attacker and my only r7 is a disgrace now. merciless couldnt kill a gba r5 with 2 debuffs and 80% hp with culling blade.
    No i'm not gonna waste 6 more months to build another good team
    Post edited by Madao5412 on
  • Options
    Adamklark wrote: »
    Mirkraag wrote: »
    remember when they said relic will be fun and will add some new skills to toons :D

Everything that could be potentially fun is systematically absent or disappearing from the game. The only thnig that stay is power creep/money grab. No cool game design. They even told us that for example Deployable Cooling System was cool but no they had to remove it. Too fun for the players I guess. Who wants fun in a GAME after all. This is not a game this is just a money product from a greedy company.

to be fair all companies exist to earn money, so ofc they want to rip us off. other topic how they handle this and clearly EA is disconnected from their products

existing to earn money shouldn't always be synonymous of don't care about everything else. People shouldn't accept these toxic behaviors. CG/EA could produce a fun, user friendly, equilibrated game that is highly profitable for them without destroying everything that is fun for players. That is called talent in business (making money with a good product). They just use some addiction to Star Wars to earn profit from a nowaday very mediocre mobile game.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

And that was thought to be a bad thing for the game so they have changed Conquest so that won't be the case in the future.

And now there is a bundle for R8 relic materials. $50 for 50% of what you need. You give us a $100 and we promise you bug-filled software that will make your investment worthless.

Because there are no f2p in guilds completing CRancor?
  • Options

I would think they are few and far between and due to the nerfs even less chance of that. Our guild is not completely ftp, but mostly is and we are a long way from completing CRancor. We are still a few months away from getting 7* Wat, which seems to be required for many of the useful squads. But now with the nerfs that might not do the trick.
  • Options

I would think they are few and far between and due to the nerfs even less chance of that. Our guild is not completely ftp, but mostly is and we are a long way from completing CRancor. We are still a few months away from getting 7* Wat, which seems to be required for many of the useful squads. But now with the nerfs that might not do the trick.

To be fair, I believe there are plenty of f2p in Cpit guilds. They just have older (or more focused) accounts than yours and those in your guild. Plenty of f2p in my guild as far as I know, and most here have a steady income of aeromagnifiers.
    However, R8 is still ludicrously expensive so I really can't see R9 being a great idea before the impulse detector crunch is alleviated.
    And regardless of f2p and R8, the changes to conquest are bad. The character nerfs are horrible and the nerf to "weapon tech" are atrocious when it comes to DSTB.
  • SotaDraken
    447 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options

your statement is misleading the intent and is too broad of a statement for the technical nitpicking of wording that is enforced on this forum.

When was most of the R1-R7 materials restricted to an Raid or an 2 week event (once a month, if it isn't bugged) that now is looking to be even more difficult to achieve the same rewards?

Let's put the cards on the table, @Kyno, you don't like these proposed changes to Conquest and R8 materials ARE restricted to an unfair degree than the previous Relic levels.

EDIT: my grammer is horrible today, I should really spellcheck before I post..