Content Update: 08/26/2021 Feedback [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    Bad batch in theory should have also been nerfed because they use true damage.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

Now, I'm sure they will be at some point - and that's the concerning part about this precedent.

CG's actions with this multiple character nerf indicate that they no longer have any qualms about releasing a strong character (or buffing one), then, once many players have invested into said character or teams, nerfing it.

That should absolutely give everyone pause.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

What does true damage have to do with them making the changes to ignore defense. Despite having similarities they are 2 separate things and the change was specifically stated to be around of of them.

There are many characters that have true damage, and this is discussed in another thread, those 2 things are not the same and the reasoning behind why one needed to change and the other not, was covered by the dev team. So no BB will not be changed due to true damage.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Now, I'm sure they will be at some point - and that's the concerning part about this precedent.

CG's actions with this multiple character nerf indicate that they no longer have any qualms about releasing a strong character (or buffing one), then, once many players have invested into said character or teams, nerfing it.

They have made changes before, this time it was a change to a mechanic, and yes that mechanic touched a few characters directly, so they made changes to them, but this is not the first time.a character has changed.

Players will always make the choices they feel comfortable with, but I'm not sure this is really a new thing, that should now raise the same concerns we have all raised before about character changes.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Shnel wrote: »
    Only that it is. And in no way can this be defended as a change to a mechanic while this mecanic pretty obviously not only still exists, but is also being locked from non spenders. This change does look pretty much as a scam, the intent being clear that it is not about any health of the game but to push players who confortably played top pvp content and top level pve out of it. Sole intent to get the new characters with the same nerfed mechanics by using of course some cash. But like the priest tells us, we are to stupid to understand god plans.

They addressed that, and no it doesnt still exist. True damage is a different mechanic and is on other characters not just Maul.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/248389/developer-insight-maul#latest
    xpvi720dw2hc.jpg

They explained what is going on, you can read the plan for yourself.
  • Options
    The problem wasn’t ignoring Defense, it was massive amounts of damage ignoring Defense. It’s hard to build a Tank that can stand up to two consecutive 90k Defense Ignoring Crits from GAS, without them either being immune to Crits or having a ridiculous Health and Protection pool. Sidious hitting for 15k Defense Ignoring Crits is much less of a worry.

Maul Ignoring Defense and massively stacking his own damage is… worrisome. I suppose he won’t be able to start off with the same sort of damage output GAS or JKL coukd have because of how it stacks, but that will have to wait for the character release and it’s not a good look anyway.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited August 2021
    Options
    I can remember to you that dark tropper couldn't crit either. Was that an issue for his scalling damage? Yes, we don't understand god plans.

What changes did they make to Dark Trooper?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I will add it again more clearly, the real problem of crit hits for gas, vader, luke was that they were very good at r7 against r8, r9, rx. Now they won't put any problems to the higher relics, so you are pushed to relic to r9 these now garbage characters just so your jml/jmk can still be playable. Same thing will happen to future characters when players will find use in them at not "optimal" relic level. This is not a change to a mechanic, it's a con plan.

They do make changes to characters, and we have seen this when it's not an "ideal situation". In this case it was a mechanic that was allowing these toons to do more damage than was manageable in higher relic levels.

No one is saying they will not make changes in the future, that would be highly unlikely.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

What does true damage have to do with them making the changes to ignore defense. Despite having similarities they are 2 separate things and the change was specifically stated to be around of of them.

There are many characters that have true damage, and this is discussed in another thread, those 2 things are not the same and the reasoning behind why one needed to change and the other not, was covered by the dev team. So no BB will not be changed due to true damage.

But wats blastech wepon mod delt true damage
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

But wats blastech wepon mod delt true damage

No it didnt, it allowed the character it was placed on to ignore defense.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/206490/kit-reveal-wat-tambor
    9p801j8wymsi.jpg
  • Options
    And now Wat's tech hinders the Wat special mission in phase 4 of DS Geo. Thanks CG! I probably would have done better with Poggle in his spot.
  • Options
    I worried about the effect on P4 SM when Wat nerfs were announced.
    My lord that mission need to change now unless success rate were way to high previously.
    I managed to win the mission with bugs, but it was super close several times (which it wouldn’t usually be) and it took more than 20 minutes. The TM tech needs a buff or some other modifier should be added to that mission to keep it on par with before.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Dark tropper suffered no change. It's an example of a character doing high dmg without critting. But it wasn't a part of a gl team, usable at r5 to require a nerf. Gas was, jkl was, wat was. This lie of non-gl counters is just dust in the eyes. Main issue is how to push people to invest in r9 when r7 is just fine to counter those teams. Here talking about jml/jmk comps especially. Their dmg was very manageable, they just didn't stimulate enough pushing teams to the r9 and on because there were counters at r7 just good. And this kind of update we've never seen. If atleast their plan was sincere, these changes would come with a reset button for all the garbage toons that we have now. Here i'm pointing fingers especially at jkl especially, which is just a pile of nothing now. He was good alone for a couple of counters, not only to gl, but to gas, to dr. He simply does not worth 10% of his investments now. But sure, non gl counters were the issue. Con.

They spoke about this and pointed out how this change was due to damage they were doing at r9, and how part of it wouldnt allow tanks to have the survivability they were aiming for due to this.

So no, it wasnt to push people to r9 on these toons, but about the effects r9 has on the whole system due to this mechanic of ignoring defense.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I see, all the while new toons with ignore defense, sorry, non crit ignore defense have no issue. Right, you just believe what you want but don't be that surprised that people are not eating this. And i repeat, any honest company would do this change accompanied with a reset button. Otherwise the scheme is this "get this because it's good. After you buy it you realize you were conned, but you are the stuppid one because of poor judgement". Mecanic was bad? Reset involved characters for who wants so. But no, no such thing and this is what makes it a con.

Correct, toons with a different mechanic dont have the same issue.
  • Options
    I think the real issue here is that OG Vader was probably kicking the crap out of Lord Vader..... Can't let that happen...

He w as already used in GLs counter teams, so if this was the case, it still wasnt the only reason. They already stated many of these changes were to establish a more clear divide between GLs and non GL teams.

So how does nerfing JML work in this? They drastically nerfed two characters that make him worth anything. Seems to me they’re just wanting the *newest GLs to be invincible….
  • Alset_Alokin
    6 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Everyone else has already said it, but I had to say ti again. As a ftp player who worked for over a year to build GAS, JKL and JML, you have completely ruined this game for me CG. I can't win mirror matches in arena anymore so no crystals there. It will take me 2-3 months to get close to unlocking Executor so no more cystals from fleet arena. Even worse, I'm losing in Grand Arena with known counters because the nerfs to GAS and JKL are making them worse against non-GLs too. GAS was difficult and time consuming to unlock and now he hits like a wet noodle. And if it's true you made these changes for the long term health of the game and to protect your precious GLs, then what about JML? You ruined him completely. I should be able to win a mirror match or have a chance to beat another GL from time to time. Lately, I'm struggling to win anything in arena at all.

To make matters worse, you're requiring r8 for everything new. I'm in a great guild and we have made good progress, but we're still not able to beat challenge Rancor. I was able to get r8 materials from conquest but now you're breaking that game mode too. How do you expect ftp players to keep up? The gear crunch is worse now than ever before with no end in sight and r9 already on the way.

This is by far the worst update ever and the closest I've come to not wanting to play this game anymore after not missing a day in easily 4 years. I hope you're happy, CG because your player base is clearly not.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

They have made changes before, this time it was a change to a mechanic, and yes that mechanic touched a few characters directly, so they made changes to them, but this is not the first time.a character has changed.

Players will always make the choices they feel comfortable with, but I'm not sure this is really a new thing, that should now raise the same concerns we have all raised before about character changes.

This is very different from previous minor tweaks/changes to individual characters in the past. These changes are changing success rates in GAC, TW and stars in TB (light and dark). You can attempt to try to explain it away and pretend it's similar to previous changes, but anyone who has played the game for a while can tell it is much larger in scale change in terms of effect than that.

I'm not going to continue arguing the point, as you and others will simply toe the company line, as is actually normally the case. At least Ultra has not completely caved to that mentality yet.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    To make matters worse, you're requiring r8 for everything new. I'm in a great guild and we have made good progress, but we're still not able to beat challenge Rancor. I was able to get r8 materials from conquest but now you're breaking that game mode too. How do you expect ftp players to keep up? The gear crunch is worse now than ever before with no end in sight and r9 already on the way.

This is by far the worst update ever and the closest I've come to not wanting to play this game anymore after not missing a day in easily 4 years. I hope you're happy, CG because your player base is clearly not.

It is clear that they do not expect ftp players to keep up. They want them to be pay to play players who subscribe to getting R8 cash bundles on regular basis.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Yes, correct, while they cost. As soon as everyone will have them they will have the same issue.

That's not how issues work.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I think the real issue here is that OG Vader was probably kicking the crap out of Lord Vader..... Can't let that happen...

He w as already used in GLs counter teams, so if this was the case, it still wasnt the only reason. They already stated many of these changes were to establish a more clear divide between GLs and non GL teams.

So how does nerfing JML work in this? They drastically nerfed two characters that make him worth anything. Seems to me they’re just wanting the *newest GLs to be invincible….

There is a thread for feedback on him, he does seem to have gotten the shorter end of the stick, but also, there is always going to be one "the worst" GL.

SEE, SLKR, GL REY, all seem to be still up there in their level of GL-ness. So I dont really see how this focus is only on the newest GLs, and JML being a tank, may fair the best as we progress into r9. So that may be why he recieved the smallest amount of attention at this moment. (He, himself is still pretty good from my understanding)
  • Options
    Only that it is. And in no way can this be defended as a change to a mechanic while this mecanic pretty obviously not only still exists, but is also being locked from non spenders. This change does look pretty much as a scam, the intent being clear that it is not about any health of the game but to push players who confortably played top pvp content and top level pve out of it. Sole intent to get the new characters with the same nerfed mechanics by using of course some cash. But like the priest tells us, we are to stupid to understand god plans.

I dont understand the scam when you can still play top pvp/pve content ftp. You just need GLs, which are the best units in the game as it was clearly stated since february 2020. True, it’s difficult to compete in arena because it’s an arms race, as it always was (It’s actually easier since GLs imo. I still see people climbing with JML, an almost 1 year old unit. And i saw people climbing with rey/kylo during the jml/see era). You dont need anything specific to play for top content ftp in Gac; you just need an appropriate roster than can grow at your own pace, thx to matchmaking; it’s the most ftp friendly game mode ever.
    CG clearly stated in the RA than they want GLs to be very difficult to beat by non-GLs; i dont see the point of lying about defense when they already said that. If you dont believe the ‘true dam is more manageable because you cant crit’ statement, just remember how people tried to counter vader culling blade sometimes: crit avoidance arrow. When you do triple damage, you have far more chances to one shot someone.