[MEGA] Conquest 7

Replies

• Options
    I think the worst thing about this version of Conquest is how it makes going into battles with some handicap (undergeared, suboptimal team comp...) basically a necessity while at the same time making failure cost way more than before. Not only is the energy cost increased, but considering that we don't even get enough free energy to theoretically get the best reward (very bad move imo), every failed battle costs crystals. And so does swapping disks, for that matter. So in the end, any experimentation is completely stifled and it turns into maximizing efficiency in battles we are certain to win. We already have that in GAC, let us be a bit creative somewhere.
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    I think the worst thing about this version of Conquest is how it makes going into battles with some handicap (undergeared, suboptimal team comp...) basically a necessity while at the same time making failure cost way more than before. Not only is the energy cost increased, but considering that we don't even get enough free energy to theoretically get the best reward (very bad move imo), every failed battle costs crystals. And so does swapping disks, for that matter. So in the end, any experimentation is completely stifled and it turns into maximizing efficiency in battles we are certain to win. We already have that in GAC, let us be a bit creative somewhere.

Promotes engagement though eh? 🤦‍♂️
  • VladoVD
    22 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    no need to give feedbacks anymore, people. out of greed they ruined something, which was fun before (no, it's not fun now (all my guildmates say that also), doja, no matter how many times you'll repeat it- it's broken and slow and boring). everyone knows by now that it's only crystals/money sink - nothing more :) - "advanced marque event". oh, and ty for removing purchases with crystals for gear in the wandering scavenger shops. so low move, but we wouldn't expect something different anyway
    Post edited by VladoVD on
  • Options
    They just need to fix it to keep people from leaving. New “exciting and fresh” content should NOT cause people to want to quit. Not a complete 180, but change the energy cost, add gear back to the stores for crystals, lessen the amount of cards needed for max rewards (35 extra is such a small margin)…there are so many small tweaks that could be made to keep people happy AND challenged
  • Options
    Such choices!!
    Great to give players option when playing!
    3v3x4h4av98m.jpg
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Such choices!!
    3v3x4h4av98m.jpg

Yeah, they could have at least fixed that one.
  • Options
    CG/EA Should really take a hard look at the decisions that a man named John Smedley made for Sony back when they had a potential billion dollar game. ( Yes I know this game has already reached that point.)

He went against what the community wanted and destroyed the game. So he took a potential billion dollar game and now Sony makes literally Zero off of the game.

If CG/EA doesn't start listening to the community and stop being so greedy then one day they are going to wake up and not make a single dollar off this game ever again.

Thanks Doja for actually listening to what the players are saying. I imagine if you were given the power to change things you would. However, why would they listen to the people who are actually creating and playing the game themselves.
  • Options
    It's actually not a bad disk, but that's a frustrating glitch. Definitely should not happen, in particular on a post-boss node.
  • Options
    Thrawn is Fracturing GL’s inside Conquest.
    Honestly CG what are you folks doing there!?!
  • Options
    I have some feet don't work and other that complete without doing anything (for exemple I complete the feet rebel fighter without using rebel fighter)...
    Good fixing conquest CG
  • Options
    I can count on one hand the number of times I've felt strongly enough to come here and post something on the boards.

If CG's intent with this revamp of Conquest (even though we can all guess at the real reasons) was to engage the player base and have them spend more time in this game mode, than you can consider the mission to be a complete and utter failure. This Conquest is so frustrating that I feel no want to play it. I'll spend my daily energy as it comes to me -- looks as though that won't take me beyond Sector 3. But whereas before I would spend crystals and other resources to actually attempt to get certain feats and strive for higher crates, I feel no want to do that at this point. Conquest is now a chore, the antithesis of enjoyment, and the allure of Maul (or completing my CAT for that matter) is not enough to overcome how truly terrible this game mode has become.

CG, if you truly care about player engagement, as was your stated intent, then you've implemented something that goes far in the opposite direction of your goals, and I sincerely hope that you take to heart the comments in this thread and go back to the drawing board with Conquest.
  • Options
    Shadroth wrote: »
    Thrawn is Fracturing GL’s inside Conquest.
    Honestly CG what are you folks doing there!?!
    mqir8lt6r66e.jpeg
    Have you even checked what changes they made to fracture? Thrawn can still fracture a GL, it’s just they are affected the same way raid bosses are now.
  • Options
    Such choices!!
    3v3x4h4av98m.jpg

pv9y3xscdm8z.png
    I know right!! Sooo many choices
  • Options
    Such choices!!
    3v3x4h4av98m.jpg

I've been complaining about that since the 2nd Conquest. They don't seem to be remotely interested in changing it.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    I’ve never had less fun in my 5+ years of playing this game. This is garbage.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Gifafi wrote: »

Add gifafi to that list of those that hate this game mode now. Another in the same tier as TVF where if they have an issue with something, then something is seriously wrong
  • Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Here's a thought, since you're focus for conquest seems to be burning our crystals and time, how about you just revert to the old version of conquest (the fun version?) and just make us pay like 750 crystals to enter the hard mode conquest? That way, we can have "fun" and you can drain crystals from us.

How about 'no' to the Hard mode crystal paywall. Most of us use those crystals to strategically build up our squads ... I don't think many folks have 'extra' crystals to spend just to play a mode ... and, for me, I don't want to plunk down those crystals on a game mode that's no longer fun.

Right now, I'm looking at this as just another mode to try and get some gear ... the challenge to get as far as I can is gone now that there's a crystal-paywall to even get back to where I was before. This was a game mode that I liked ... it gave me something interesting and challenging to do through the day. The community had been asking for a mode to actually give us something to play, and the old Conquest did that .. now it's, use up energy, wait for energy to build back up and play again (I had time and interest to play this morning BUT ran out of energy ... and want my crystals to help grow my squads). The feats suck and are put there to drain as many crystal refreshes as possible. They just made the game more grindy ... thankfully our guild can beat CRancor now so the R8 material in this event can be ignored (I mean, I'd like to get it ... but just let me buy them with crystals instead of going through this grind that I have to 'pay' for anyway).

At some point, I can see that I'll look at this like Assault Battles or Galactic Challenges ... I'll just want a 'sim' button to get me through these grindy activities or let me play some higher sector and give me lower level rewards.

In this current format ... this is now just another grindy mode to play and get some gear and shards ... but the incentive (i.e., fun) has been sapped from this mode.

Great job CG ... glad you've listened to the players. Your attempt to ask players for their thoughts seems to have been an exercise in futility ... worse, it gave us hope you were actually going to listen ... but confirmed [yet again] that you really don't care about the player experience... just look at these 20+ pages of mostly negative comments ... I mean, you won't ... but you should.
  • Options
    New feats are generally good, minus the monotonous repetition required for some. If you guys insist on these "win X battles with Y squads", can you at least put complimentary feats in the same sector? For example, why isn't the frenzy feat in either sector 1 or 2 with BHs or Rebel Fighters, the factions with the only 2 available characters that can actually frenzy? This would still require some effort because squads would have to include those specific characters to work towards that feat. Similar examples exist for every sector. Making this change would definitely make the sector feats more rewarding and fun.
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

Add gifafi to that list of those that hate this game mode now. Another in the same tier as TVF where if they have an issue with something, then something is seriously wrong

Gifafi has always hated this game mode. But the recent changes have turned his crankiness up to 11.
  • Options
    I just got to sector 3. Between the added energy cost and the feats. I'm drained and would rather just quit spending time on the game mode for the rest of kts duration. These changes are on par with the original HAAT difficulty at release, the slog fest to sith raid before the health changes, galactic challenges being locked behind faction star are gear tiers, and most importantly tournaments when it comes to engaging activity.
    For those that are unaware of some of these things mentions you can assume they were not enjoyable or engaging.
  • Options

Gifafi has always hated this game mode. But the recent changes have turned his crankiness up to 11.

Why not just make 10 crankier?
  • Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »

Why not just make 10 crankier?

These go to 11
  • Options
    I always try to be as positive as possible on the game but this conquest is pushing it too far… the level is god damned high, feats are prohibitives and enemies are way too strong… I don’t get it! (Well I do but I don’t appreciate it!) give us back conquest as it was before please CG !
  • Options
    Olderaan wrote: »
    Only I don’t understand something, or will there really be no CAT shard at the Conquest store this time? I only have Mando's ship since the current Conquest runs.
    1ba1qj78besz.png

CAT is available… Enjoy… or not…
  • Calbion
    140 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    You stated you didn’t want to make the battles harder in the new conquest rationale, hence the increased number of feats and more specific squads required for said feats.

Yet that’s exactly what you’ve done. You introduced Overprepared III & IV buff for opponents which increases their stats and speed by 60% and 80% respectively for squads that previously have overprepared I & II.

The trust in the community is at a very low point, let’s have some honest communication to restore that.
  • Options
    Calbion wrote: »
    You stated you didn’t want to make the battles harder in the new conquest rationale, hence the increased number of feats and more specific squads required for said feats.

Yet that’s exactly what you’ve done. You introduced Overprepared III & IV buff for opponents which increases their stats and speed by 60% and 80% respectively for squads that previously have overprepared I & II.

The trust in the community is at a very low point, let’s have some honest communication to restore that.

Honest communication lol.
  • Options
    Help_me wrote: »

Got to try and be optimistic 😂
  • Options
    c'est magnifique de gagner des millions sur le dos des joueurs qui gagne pas grand choses tout en leur faisant espérer la lune avec ce jeu
  • VladoVD
    22 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Help_me wrote: »

Got to try and be optimistic 😂

lol, man, CG staff are just laughing at what we write here - do you really think that they care about gamers? "honest" - you mean that they'll tell you that want to milk you and you should be happy? (actually there's some "dev-middleman" or whatever-middleman here, who told you only the latter part. how dare you not be happy happy? lol). "you stated" - lol, they didn't lie - battles ain't harder, just you have to make way more feats with way less energy available, lol. imagine how they laughed, when people saw what they've did and how more they laugh, when you complain, but nevertheless get the finger, lol. this middleman was even very arrogant telling you to complain to the owners if you don't like his attitude, while you pay his salary.
    p.s. hire testers, I'm sick of being free tester for you, loosing energy for nothing - check this GAS + 501, leaving cover after 2 of 501 moves. when entering cover, his tm is more than 60% filled already
    Post edited by VladoVD on