[MEGA] Conquest 7

Replies

• strafeSS
    201 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    How about at the very least letting us see the stats of the enemies? A lot of battles are a complete guess am I going to win or get blasted to death before I move against teams where if you don’t go first you die. I think even the posters that say they like the challenge “but sure this and this and this are annoying”, Umm this is a game and the goal of the company developing it should surely not be for it to be annoying or to make it less fun than prior to an update. Some of the feats are ridiculous and it’s not a mystery to determine which ones. And yeah all the changes made to energy are garbage.
  • Options
    l8u2a6rbaj0q.jpg
    5gibb4tdze5d.jpg

Sure looks stunned to me...this is kind of a joke at this point

Even worse: it says "attempt". So even if it fails to land the stun, it should count.
  • Options
    I'm not even mad. I'm just disappointed.

(I know that's a cliché, but legit that's how I'm feeling. I open up conquest and I just sigh. I keep playing because FOMO but there is no part of me that is having fun with this right now.)
  • Cs99
    146 posts Member
    Options
    Meh. There's no possible way for me to get max crate anymore without a significant investment in crystals, so now I don't have to put any effort into it. Just rotate my top squads and not even worry and the stupid feats.
  • Options
    Not to mention how overtuned the enemies are. At least in earlier conquest you had a chance with a lesser squad. My r5-r7 BH team cant win a battle in Sector 1

You can, definitely! I can with garbage BH so an entire reliced team should make it, choose wisely your ennemies and dd ;)
  • Kudlaty
    106 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Ok, after three sectors of the new conquest I have to admit, that now playing SWGOH makes me miserable. With games like this you have two options:
    1. Be f2p - you have to be patient, be ok with occasional grind, accept that you won’t be able to keep up with everything.
    2. Pay to get new stuff quickly, easy up the grind, keep up with the game.

Now CG introduced new, exiting option: you have to pay to be allowed to play painful, repetitive grind, without any guarantee that investment in money and time will give you anything - red box might be out of my reach regardless how much money and time I will spend during that hideous chore that you call conquest now…

Many bugs are mentioned in many posts above, teams being blown away without any chance of winning, because we CAN’T check speed of opposing team, feats that force you to repeat the same fights over and over again…

Almost 8,2m GP account, I’ve played through many ups and downs that this game had in passing years, I have all Legends and 7* Executor, and now I’m seriously consider quitting. Great job CG, you finally made it…
    Post edited by Kudlaty on
  • Options
    Artumas wrote: »
    As a semi-professional theorycrafter, I'm loving it.
    Sure, the specific faction feats are annoying, but outside of those, the rest are actually really fun to work around with.

Most games and modes are way too easy to "solve" - There's seldom enough variables to really present a real challenge, and things often don't change NEARLY often enough - Due to feats, each sector provides it's own puzzle, and each puzzle has way more variables than in most new additions. For most of these, figuring out how to achieve it with the bare minimum has been quite fun. I'd just... like to suggest to CG to not use mini-factions again in the future for faction feats - When there's barely even a single functional team it's... way too restricting in every way.

Puzzle? Any one figure out the puzzle of completing 14 battles with bounty hunters….or with Nightsisters. Let me know what theory crafting goes into those battles?
  • biglippedbeast
    340 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    I’ll be honest I’m about 7.7m gp and I think I have a shot at red reward box if I refresh a bunch (minimum of x3 50s a day is what I’ve been doing), but God forbid this mode takes literally dozens of hours over the course of 2 weeks - this is a phone game ffs. If there were rewards for every battle completed maybe it would be a bit more palatable but CG hates giving us stuff that we would otherwise pay money for.

Most monotonous game mode ever and the only reason I’m trying for red crate is cuz I’m about as smart as a bag of sand and bang my head against the proverbial wall.

I remember back when geo tb came out and people were asking why can’t we do both hoth and geo at the same time, and rather than be truthful and say they didn’t want us to have more rewards, they said it would be too much of a time sink.

What’s the excuse for conquest?
  • nottenst
    697 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Just looking at the numbers, there appear to be 686 possible keys (from Sector totals listed and overall feats). We need 645 for max crate and 545 for the next. Even so, I can't see getting 645 with my toons even if I had enough time, crystals, and patience (and there were no further bugs). I don't know whether I'll have enough time and patience to get the second highest crate.

I hope someone really is going to change this event for the better.
  • Options
    So, if I leave my current guild I could compete in Crancor, yet I chose to stay because Conquest offered a nice stream of R8 material.

Instead I'm now completely shut out because I don't have thousands upon thousands of crystals to waste on repetitive node battles? Oh and not to mention relic Smugglers.

The R8 material needs to be bumped into the lower rewards boxes and keep the upper two for the exclusive character shards. This is absurd.

Actually, just revert all the changes. The mode is zero fun anymore and I'm dreading having to try to beta test while repeating countless nodes for feats.
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options
    nottenst wrote: »
    Just looking at the numbers, there appear to be 686 possible keys (from Sector totals listed and overall feats). We need 645 for max crate and 545 for the next. Even so, I can't see getting 645 with my toons even if I had enough time, crystals, and patience (and there were no further bugs). I don't know whether I'll have enough time and patience to get the second highest crate.

It's 680
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    If they didn't spend any time testing Conquest 7 for bugs, what makes you think they tested it for balance? It's like no one really looked at it before releasing it.

Feels like this is really low quality stuff. Very disappointed. What's happening over at CG??
  • Options
    In addition to whatever crate we earn doing this Conquest they should give everyone the max crate as payment for doing the job of testing this game.
  • Options
    As a 100% F2P player, I have never felt so disheartened and exploited as I have with this Conquest. I have played pretty much every day for over five years and have been successful at it, building a successful roster that was able to go Red Box on Hard Mode Conquest. And now I feel like I'm being punished for it. I get that CG wasn't making the money they expected, I get that there was room to make it more challenging, but this is just absurd. This does not feel like an added challenge. This feels like sour grapes from a group of devs who are **** that a bunch of lowly F2Pers beat their shiny new Golden Goose. There has to be a happy medium between what was and want is.

Am I alone in feeling this way?
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

It's 680

Yup. Meaning we have a 35 keycard buffer for max crate. With these feats, it’s impossible to get that without spending lots of crystals on refreshes and consumables.

Isn’t it great? A buggy game mode, barely tested I’m sure, with tenfold increase in monetization. Good ol CG
  • Options
    I’m intentionally only going for 2nd best crate. I refuse to spend night and day and all my crystals on something that I can wait an extra month to get (Maul). And unless something is done about the difficulty, I’ll continue this trend. The mode was fun. Now it’s a grind and a chore. How in the **** did someone think this would be “fun”??
  • Options
    I am enjoying this conquest for the most part.

The new cards are fun.

The faction feats can do one though. And by that I mean the win x battles with a full squad of x.
  • Options
    j'adore les exploits complétement contradictoire du boss de fin du secteur 3 . dans un , il faut utilisé mace windu et dans un autre il faut pas utilisé de jedi , si c'est pas fait pour nous faire cracher nos cristaux ça , je sais pas ce que c'est !! complétement nul les exploits demander
  • Options
    Not at all. I posted a considerably longer but very similar post in the mega thread, as have many others.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Eibon1976
    26 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    e5zq0fpesi2c.jpeg
    More buggs.. i killed first team at phase 5.. should i get 5 kills instead of one? .. now i clean second sector, and still that kill count is one? ****?
  • nottenst
    697 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Options

It's 680

I misread the event feats as 14 each instead of 12. But now unless I am missing something that makes it 84 for the Event Feats + 84 (Sector 1) + 88 (Sector 2) + 127 (Sector 3) + 127 (Sector 4) + 162 (Sector 5) = 672. Are the Sectors not marked with correct max # keys? (It does seem strange that Sector 3 and 4 have the same number on my screen.) Or am I missing another 8 somewhere?
  • Options
    No, you aren’t alone, but I would also say that I at times need to check my attitude towards something difficult, everyone on this game feels like they are entitled to earn max rewards on everything but they would also like it to be challenging, if it is too weak they are dissatisfied if it is too hard they feel it is unfair. I have 1 GL that is nee first time on conquest with him and am at 5.3 mil gp, I earned a red crate in conquest 1.0 which was awesome, I grinder to earned gold crates under conquest 2.0 and now I don’t think I will be able to reach gold crate under conquest version 3.0 which will also dry up my ability to earn R8 gear.

But I in no way feel that my roster is entitled or deserving of max reward. So if I don’t like it I can quit, or learn to accept I can only do my best and be happy with the reward I did earn while grinding harder on what I need to do to change my outcome.
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options

It's 680

I misread the event feats as 14 each instead of 12. But now unless I am missing something that makes it 84 for the Event Feats + 84 (Sector 1) + 88 (Sector 2) + 127 (Sector 3) + 127 (Sector 4) + 162 (Sector 5) = 672. Are the Sectors not marked with correct max # keys? (It does seem strange that Sector 3 and 4 have the same number on my screen.) Or am I missing another 8 somewhere?

There are both 12 and 14 global feats. The total is 92.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

It's 680

There are both 12 and 14 global feats. The total is 92.

That explains why I first saw 14 keys and then saw 12 keys. Thanks.
  • Options
    Well, when bad batch beats jmls, jkls, revan, hoda and gas, all r7, something is just wrong. CG completely ruined a fun game game mode.
  • MF6076
    39 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    If you're going for the penultimate crate then expect to wait another 2 conquests before you can unlock him (5 total). That's their end goal. Maul goes with LV and the meta squad remains exclusive for longer.
    As long as a lot less people grab that final box then CG and their gaffa's will see this as WAI, no matter what we think or say.

Most feats are doable with the right setup, but you have to dig for an "easy" squad to complete them (which might never show due to the randomness of enemy squads).
    My biggest concern among the plethora of issues and bugs is the time that needs invested to reach the max crate, even if you can reach it otherwise.
    It's going to be a big relief seeing the back of this conquest, followed by the dread of another 2 upcoming. Once progression is penalised for not having enough time to complete is when I go and find another game.

Edit: Forgot to quote OP so changed grammer.
    Post edited by MF6076 on
  • Fatal1tyv2
    36 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    MF6076 wrote: »
    If you don't unlock Maul in 3 conquests by going for the penultimate crate then expect to wait another 2 conquests before you can unlock him (5 total). That's their end goal. Maul goes with LV and the meta squad remains exclusive for longer.
    As long as a lot less people grab that final box then CG and their gaffa's will see this as WAI, no matter what we think or say.

Most feats are doable with the right setup, but you have to dig for an "easy" squad to complete them (which might never show due to the randomness of enemy squads).
    My biggest concern among the plethora of issues and bugs is the time that needs invested to reach the max crate, even if you can reach it otherwise.
    It's going to be a big relief seeing the back of this conquest, followed by the dread of another 2 upcoming. Once progression is penalised for not having enough time to complete is when I go and find another game.
    That's not a bad idea though if you can't get LV in 3 months. He won't work just like Kenobi needed CAT. I'll just wait and get him in 5
    months for getting one but last crate. You do realise through they are running one immediately after right, so no break
    "You're All Rebels, Aren't You?"
  • Options
    No, you aren’t alone, but I would also say that I at times need to check my attitude towards something difficult, everyone on this game feels like they are entitled to earn max rewards on everything but they would also like it to be challenging, if it is too weak they are dissatisfied if it is too hard they feel it is unfair. I have 1 GL that is nee first time on conquest with him and am at 5.3 mil gp, I earned a red crate in conquest 1.0 which was awesome, I grinder to earned gold crates under conquest 2.0 and now I don’t think I will be able to reach gold crate under conquest version 3.0 which will also dry up my ability to earn R8 gear.

But I in no way feel that my roster is entitled or deserving of max reward. So if I don’t like it I can quit, or learn to accept I can only do my best and be happy with the reward I did earn while grinding harder on what I need to do to change my outcome.

That "feeling of entitlement" that you're talking about comes from many of us completing the event with red crates 5 or 6/6 times in past. It's not unreasonable to expect that the same level of completion be possible in future events. Conquests 2 through 6 were not easy - they already required refreshes and the purchase of consumables and in my experience and that of many of my guild mates, it still came down to squeezing out those last three or five points within hours or minutes of the event conclusion.

It's quite a bold generalization to say that everyone feels entitled to max rewards. Please don't presume to speak for me. I worked for those red crates and they'll be out of reach moving forward. It's the moving goal posts that make a lot people feel angry, frustrated, and disheartened. It very much feels like being punished for previous achievements.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.