[MEGA] Conquest 7

Replies

• Options
    Only deathtrooper can inflict deathmark.

Read before posting.

they never said they weren't using Death Trooper. Maybe you should read before posting :smile:
  • Options
    Ok, after playing new conquest for a while now, I have to update my rating from garbage trashmode to worst garbage trashmode lit on fire that I’ve ever seen.

It would be one thing to add a feat here or there that required some insane thing like full relic geos (or knowing to pick the lane that had teams geos could actually beat, I guess?) or a great mothra rebel fighter team etc, but you decided that in order to, um, encourage everyone to build their b- and c- teams, you’d require them all at once. Plus still having horribly mismatched feats like no attackers and use troopers in the same zone (that is not an exact feat iirc but you get the idea. Why should I bother to look up the exact awful mismatch when cg couldn’t be bothered to make a fun game mode that wasn’t even more of a ridiculous timesuck).

Even msf has made their worst game modes better and less of a timesuck. CG is going the opposite direction bc…reasons?? Are people somehow going to spend more money bc they have to spend so much more time in-game doing the same battles over and over again? Srs q.

GAC is bad enough with doing the same battles over and over and over every day, but at least all you miss out on is some slicing mats if you are busy or just bored to tears. Here we miss out on the player that makes spending on Vader even worth it. WALLET CLOSED! But, for reals, what incentive do I have to spend to speed up the Vader farm if I can’t get the character that makes Vader viable in arena for a really really long time? What’s the point? We already know Vader is easily beaten by JMK and cat. The obsession with rock paper scissors in arena with the new GL’s already means that even with Maul Vader will be beatable by JMK cat so why bother spending?

Get it together, cg
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    SBxIronman wrote: »
    To whom it may concern;

I really did hold off on posting this, but this has gone beyond infuriating into the realm of game ending I'm not going to harp on al of the issues with the feats not working, the complete stupidity of some feats (14 wins with a full smuggler squad in zone 4 anyone?), or any of the other plethora of issues from this conquest. Quite simply, anything that requires this level of effort in the amount of time spent is unacceptable. I have wasted hours re-doing things I've already done, which impacts real life, all in the name of getting the "crate rewards". I will do what must be done to get the crate this time, but......

....I will not do this again. Unless these never ending repeating feats are reworked to a more time manageable amount by next conquest, I will end my association with this game, along with many others who are on the fence and haven't already left. Once again, this game is at a crossroads of doing what is right for the player/customer, and what someone in the company THINKS will generate the most revenue. I promise you, that person (or persons) have miscalculated. Again.

No one wants to spend money or resources just to repeat the same crap over and over again. Take a moment and ask yourself "If I had to do this and squeeze it into the free time I have each day......would I have fun and enjoy it?" I challenge you to find even one individual who would say "Yes!" to that question with regards to Conquest 7.

Fix the problem.

~ Steve

QFT
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options

Read before posting.

So 10 days into conquest. I'm three feats from the red box. All of which will be achieved.

I'm a F2P player. I've refreshed 3 times each day in the 10 days and won't need to refresh now to finish my final feats.

So in total I've spent 1500 crystals on this conquest to max it. Which is two days worth of crystals from fleets/arena.

I'm struggling to see the justification towards people's complaints that it's for whales only when it just isn't

Ouch…1500 crystals. What other game mode did you spend crystals to refresh. GC? TW? TB? AB? Daily Challenges?
  • Options
    I'm a F2P player. I've refreshed 3 times each day in the 10 days and won't need to refresh now to finish my final feats. So in total I've spent 1500 crystals on this conquest to max it. Which is two days worth of crystals from fleets/arena. I'm struggling to see the justification towards people's complaints that it's for whales only when it just isn't

Hmmm, well firstly well done for being a F2P, secondly not everyone gets 1500 crystals every two days from fleet, SA and dailies because some of us may have been playing the game for 5+ years and our SA shards are full of players with R8 GL's and have no chance of getting into the top spot (if you're getting 750 crystals a day that means you're in top 10 of SA and Fleet Arena - well done for that achievement). So while its probably fine for you to say this, you may have been very lucky with your shard and you got the right meta at the right time or are in a great guild that helped you progress. Others (I bet a vast majority, including myself) didn't have all these wonderful factors in place to allow us to get that number of crystals per day, so maybe complaints should also include those players in top 10 spots in arena's who don't have to pay to get crystals for multiple refreshes of energy to complete chorequests feats.

This is not a criticism of you per-se but you are being a little short-sighted and not really seeing the bigger picture - for every top 10 areana player there can be up to 20-25,000 players in a shard I believe, so your comment only really applies to 0.00004% of the player base in your shard....not that generalisable in my book.
  • InyakSolomon88
    1247 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    I'm almost, finally, to the end of sector 5. The more I play Conquest, the more I want to uninstall the game. This has been the most lame, uninteresting, Conquest yet. The bugs CG opted to leave in have rendered certain feats especially displeasing to achieve, the *new disks* are not interesting and useful (not to mention so many were dubious in stating what they did CG had to edit them in-game to properly display what they did, but only after many people had already picked up alot disks they otherwise might not have), and to top it all off in sector 5 my GLs at 100% stamina are being outsped by GG droids and Thrawn-lead empire. Entire enemy teams go first before my GL even gets a turn.

And I am left assuming, due to CG's continued silence, that all of these 'bugs' are in fact WAI. That CG meant every single thing and this Conquest is going off perfectly in their opinion. Which is not a good look for a game developer given the masses fleeing. I'm up to 3 people leaving my guild thanks to Conquest.

CG....I mean if this is you at your best, then that's just insulting to your playerbase. And explains why you're losing so many customers, since that's all you seem to see us as.
  • Options
    I've got max crate every conquest. Quit after getting the second crate a few days ago. The juice is just not worth the squeeze anymore.
  • Options
    I’m approaching crate 5 and thats about it. Funny how even if I maxed all I will get is 30 Cat shards. Will miss it by 5 shards so gonna have to wait another month and eat kenobi doodoo in arena again. Looking back on it, yeah if I knew you were gonna move the goal posts and change the rewards I probably would of maxed under old conquest. You’ve got to be an **** to not see what you guys have done here. I’m happy for the players that grinded it out and got her, they’ve been able to enjoy the meta for much longer than anyone anticipated.

I’m assuming the event will disappear for a few weeks while the two designers still left on your payroll work to get the many thousands of bugs worked out. Then another 12 days after that I’ll get her just in time for her to become obsolete. New year’s resolution. Walk away. Can’t wait for Old Republic ps5 remake.
  • Options
    Conquest 7 was clearly intended to be a massive drain of time and resources.

Conquest 6 apparently didn't suck enough.
  • Options
    Pryrates wrote: »
    Galactic Conquest doesn't have a "Hard Mode" anymore. It now has Normal Mode and Whale Mode.

What part of the old hard mode is whale mode?

1500 crystals over 14 days does not define "whaling".

Please justify your ridiculous comment.
  • Nopublicidavail
    26 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Options

No, Darth Revan can also inflict deathmark. Maybe you should read before posting.
  • Options
    I'm agreeing with Pryrates - being able to spend 1500 crystals on an event for refreshes is a small luxury. I have whaled it to get JKR, DR and SLKR - even I can't see how F2Ps get 3 or 4 GL's...yeah I know - whale harder but I'm not investing in a game when I lose - I'll invest when I win and see a return on that investment thanks!
  • Options
    I wanted to wait until the end of the event for my feedback, but I feel like with 4 days left it's close enough and I can give meaningful feedback that isn't kneejerk reactionary stuff.

I'm close to the 4th box, will probably get as far as the 5th box. Prior to this I used to get get 6 no problem and be close to 7 by the end. So this represents a pretty drastic reduction in rewards that I'm not satisfied with. My prior results weren't artificially inflated by overpowered discs, the only time I got enough Cooldown Discs to do that was, unfortunately for me, the first event where we all had to do Normal Difficulty! So, bottom line, I got more rewards and came by it honestly. This means that the reduction in rewards isn't a product of discs or a general increase in difficulty, it's to do with the availability of keycards.

First, let's talk about the good things--
    I like the increased number of nodes and the midboss fights. I think the distribution of jawas and discs fits well, and with the length of each board I feel like which branches you take actually matter--but aren't SO important that you can totally screw yourself up. I find myself looking at further fights more now than with the past 6 conquests. I like the new feats, but have feedback on those that I'll put in further below. The new discs are a lot of fun, I feel like you guys took the feedback from the cooldown discs to heart and created new discs that change how your teams play, instead of just making it a simple matter of hit hard, be hit less hard, etc. I really enjoyed the new discs and the ability to swap them around a little more freely (although, as you'll see below, I swapped less now than before). The improved rewards between boxes are also a good addition.

Now for the bad things--
    The increase of energy for each battle is not good. I get that the stated reasoning was because players were rushing through the event in a week and ignoring it the next week. I have to say, I'm startlingly fine with that. If someone wants to blow a bunch of crystals to do it twice as fast as me, be my guest. I would engage with the mode for at least 12 of the 14 days, only slacking towards the end when it became clear that I wouldn't get the next box and had no more currency to gain, so it was fine to stop. Now, because energy is so slow to regain and the cost per node is so high, I'm refreshing more often than before and still not getting as far. My rewards have decreased as well, so I'm paying more to get less back, relative to previous conquests, and that's not good. The increased cost per not also means that failure on a node HURTS in a way it didn't before. I feel every missed star. Before this one, if I dropped a star or even failed completely, I knew I could always come back later when I had more energy and my main teams were regaining stamina and try again. Now, if I drop a star, goodbye star because I need to keep going forward--you get currency from finishing new nodes and that's more important in the long run.

Now for the ugly, which is to say things that don't quite work but are close and fixable--
    Swapping mods with energy is an improvement in concept, but in execution I have changed fewer this conquest than the prior ones. If I spend 7 energy to move something, that's 7 energy I don't have for new nodes that give currency, and I'm already strapped for energy, as stated above. A good solution here, I think, is to have mods lock in for stretches of time instead of being swappable on the fly. Maybe allow us to completely swap after each midboss or final boss. Or give us a daily refresh. Or a cooldown on refreshing. Alternatively, revert the energy cost of nodes and keep the energy cost of swapping. Right now energy is too scarce a resource to use for anything but new nodes.

Which brings me to my next piece of feedback, feats. Overall I really like the new feat structure and think it promotes roster diversity by having feats on each board that either use specific teams or reward the use of specific characters (Although the potency down one is bugged, I used GML to funnel attacks through Grandmaster Yoda and only got credit for 4). The problem is, again, with energy, because it doesn't service me at all to go back to board 1 and fight extra battles with Bounty Hunters to get 5 more keycards, not when I can fight on higher end boards and get 15 keycards for those feats instead. I like that the rewards scale, but if you're going to scale the rewards you have to also scale the requirements. Doing 14 battles on board 1 with Bounty Hunters for 5 keycards makes no sense if I can do 14 battles with Geonosians for 15 later on. Simply put, we don't have enough energy to try for these.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Nopublicidavail
    26 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Cs99 wrote: »
    I've got max crate every conquest. Quit after getting the second crate a few days ago. The juice is just not worth the squeeze anymore.

Does it seem like the rewards have gotten smaller and smaller since conquest rolled out to anyone else or am I wrong in thinking that?
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Yes you're wrong, although it depends what rewards you are taking about.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    *talking
  • Options

Read before posting.

So 10 days into conquest. I'm three feats from the red box. All of which will be achieved.

I'm a F2P player. I've refreshed 3 times each day in the 10 days and won't need to refresh now to finish my final feats.

So in total I've spent 1500 crystals on this conquest to max it. Which is two days worth of crystals from fleets/arena.

I'm struggling to see the justification towards people's complaints that it's for whales only when it just isn't

So you said you finished in in 10 days, but how many hours a day did you spend on completing all these feats to get the max crate?
  • Options
    Does anyone have advice on getting the JMK boss feats? Especially the one with no allies defeated?
  • Options
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    Does anyone have advice on getting the JMK boss feats? Especially the one with no allies defeated?

I used JML lead Jedi with 2x 75% Entrenched, protection recovery on OOT attacks, debuffs on enemies each turn disk, and the gain offense per enemy debuff disk. More or less.

Kill KAM first, then GMY.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »

Read before posting.

So you said you finished in in 10 days, but how many hours a day did you spend on completing all these feats to get the max crate?

I did 3x50 a day until a few days ago. That's 360/20 = 18 battles. Figure 5 minutes per battle - most take way less but let's factor in extra time to switch teams, look at feats, maybe move mods, etc. So 90m per day for roughly 10 days.

Too much imo, but it is what it is.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Edit to the above - that ignored the free energy, but also 5m per battle may be too high even with the other stuff factored in, so 90m seems about right.
  • Options
    Did the JMK buff the other day also buff final boss JMK in conquest?