StarFortress / TIE Echelon Drop rate tracking

Replies

• Options
    I've seen quite a few reports now, and almost no one got over 4%. Those that did are small batches. I myself got 33 with 1100 energy, 3%. I think we have enough evidence to be confident the drop rate is NOT 4%. Probably 3% or 3.5%.
  • Options
    Decicrim wrote: »
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Screerider wrote: »
    Each sim is an independent roll with a 4% chance, which is why there is a variance
    I thought it was based on Energy used not number of Sims?

oh right, my bad, each sim is an independent roll with (4*energy used)%

It should be 4%, but so far this thread is proving otherwise

Just Like every drop rate! Underwhelming.

How on earth do you % on energy spent over x number of sims. Is it something like below?
    If I pull 1 sim 16 energy = max 1 20% chance of drop
    If I pull 2 sim 32 energy = max 2 20% chance of drop
    If I pull 1 sim 8 energy = max 1 10% chance of drop
    If I pull 2 sim 16 energy = max 2 10% chance of drop

You mention (4*energy used)%, this can’t be right??? Maybe energy spent = % chance of drop per sim? E.g 16 energy node = 16% chance of drop

I think you are misunderstanding how binomial distributions work. So if you sim 16 energy nodes, at 4% per energy you would have a 64% chance of pulling a shard per sim. That means that if 100 people simmed the node one time, we would expect 64 of them to have pulled a shard.

That why it looses me, then on 16 energy node if I have 64% chance every pull that seems like great odds and not at all what people are seeing.

This was my experience, I did 75 sims on a 16 energy node and only got 34 shards. Which comes out to ~45% drop rate so far.
  • crzydroid
    7384 posts Moderator
    Options
    Each sim is an independent roll with a 4% chance, which is why there is a variance

How on earth do you % on energy spent over x number of sims. Is it something like below?

You mention (4*energy used)%, this can’t be right??? Maybe energy spent = % chance of drop per sim? E.g 16 energy node = 16% chance of drop

I think you are misunderstanding how binomial distributions work. So if you sim 16 energy nodes, at 4% per energy you would have a 64% chance of pulling a shard per sim. That means that if 100 people simmed the node one time, we would expect 64 of them to have pulled a shard.

That why it looses me, then on 16 energy node if I have 64% chance every pull that seems like great odds and not at all what people are seeing.

It seems clear that people are only seeing a 3% or so per energy drop.

But we also don't know that all people are doing 16 energy nodes. On a 12, even 4% would be 48%, etc.
  • Options

But we also don't know that all people are doing 16 energy nodes. On a 12, even 4% would be 48%, etc.

The node shouldn't matter. It's supposed to be 4% across the board, but seems that they lowered it to 3% without notice.
  • Options

Yeah that’s what I’d like to know, this “per energy” should mean higher the node you should get better chance overall,

I used 16 energy nodes
    29 from 864 = 3.33% by energy
    54 pulls = 53% of pulls it dropped
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »

The node shouldn't matter. It's supposed to be 4% across the board, but seems that they lowered it to 3% without notice.

It shouldn't but it might. I'd be interested to see the rates for anyone exclusively farming the 12 energy nodes
  • Options
    Jakdnels wrote: »

It shouldn't but it might. I'd be interested to see the rates for anyone exclusively farming the 12 energy nodes

I'll be doing 12's for a bit. Kyle drop rates will determine if I jump back to 16's or not. 29/100 on Kyle so I probably won't finish before the chase is over.
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    I’ve spent my normal 3 refresh for the relic data I’m farming. I had about 40 so 400 energy…..

ul3pfks7d0cl.png
  • Options
    That’s like 5% right? Maths not my strong point
  • Options
    Crayons wrote: »
    I’ve spent my normal 3 refresh for the relic data I’m farming. I had about 40 so 400 energy…..

ul3pfks7d0cl.png

Good lord that’s 80% of your pulls dropped 1, shame this only happens for 1 out of every 100 people
    Nice job

• Ultra
    11597 posts Moderator
    Options

Maybe

Maybe not
  • Ultra
    11597 posts Moderator
    Options
    Crayons wrote: »
    That’s like 5% right? Maths not my strong point

yeah
  • Options

Maybe

Maybe not

Indeed. Hence "seems that they lowered," and not "they lowered."
  • Options
    Unless the dozens of people here giving feedback all sustained terrible luck, it seems the drop the rate was lowered.
  • Options

I'll be doing 12's for a bit. Kyle drop rates will determine if I jump back to 16's or not. 29/100 on Kyle so I probably won't finish before the chase is over.

Oh, I didn't realize he was on a 12 energy node, thanks. I'll pivot from Talon to Kyle and see if I can get a little better drop rate...
  • Options
    2.5% for me. Maybe today will be better.
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Swear to god guys I have some magic galactic chase luck. Last neg run in was getting crazy drops but for this one I don’t care as I don’t have res or their ships. But I will go hard on FO ship
  • Options
    23/850 for 2.7%
  • Starslayer
    2425 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Options

Spent around 1600 energy on 12 node Kyle. 3% for me.
  • Options
    15 for 450. 3.3%
  • Options
    20/526 - 3.80%

17/536 - 3.17%

Both were done on 16 energy nodes.
  • Schwartzring
    1528 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    but mine were on 12 energy ones. That means if you go by sims instead of energy, I got 33.3%, which is a normal character drop rate.

12 Energy Nodes reward 36% of the time on a 3% Drop rate so its close to what it should be.

Drop Rate per Sim will vary per level of Cantina

At 3% each energy cost would be....

8 = 24%
    10 = 30%
    12 = 36%
    16 = 48%

• Options

Its only day 1 but at this rate what we are seeing, the forums is averaging WAY below the previous expected rates.
  • crzydroid
    7384 posts Moderator
    Options

I'm responding to the person who is wanting to look at the per battle rate. In that case the node does matter if you are trying to calculate it. But it's per energy, so like you say, using that as the denominator doesn’t matter.
  • crzydroid
    7384 posts Moderator
    Options

Yeah that’s what I’d like to know, this “per energy” should mean higher the node you should get better chance overall,

I used 16 energy nodes
    29 from 864 = 3.33% by energy
    54 pulls = 53% of pulls it dropped

You get a better chance per sim, but at higher energy, you are doing fewer sims. So it shouldn't matter which node you do.
  • Options
    Clearly those with bad drops rates aren’t doing 3 sims at a time
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Could those who want to contribute please stop using 'about' and 'around?' We're trying to crunch numbers here not guestimate. Just look at and jot down your energy and number of shards before simming and afterwards.

It's unreliable reporting when someone gets 'about 40' in '400 or so' energy and thus reports a 5% rate. If that was actually 20 shards (per your screenshot) in 460 energy that's a 4.3% drop rate and only 1 or 2 standard deviations from the norm. Hard to believe and include as reputable data an approximation that's 3 standard deviations from the sample mean experienced by others.
  • Options
    Sablotin wrote: »
    Do I win the good luck of the day award?
    vjgolfqf3zvo.png

Well, not bad, but can you pull 6 out of 5?

8z6ay5kitv8i.jpg
  • Options
    Funny looking ship
    hello
  • Options
    Sablotin wrote: »
    Do I win the good luck of the day award?
    vjgolfqf3zvo.png

I see this, and raise you.

8yp7jtl49m0q.png