StarFortress / TIE Echelon Drop rate tracking

Replies

• Options
    Sewpot wrote: »
    After seeing it in action at 7* I would say save your crystals.
    Do the 100 refresh and stop at that.

If it wasn't for farming Sig Data & that Cantina is part of Guild Tokens Sun-Wed, I wouldn't be farming it.

This drop rate is pretty sad & I don't even use the Resistance Fleet.

I HOPE they fix it for the FO ship but I am pretty sure they wont & this was an intentional nerf.
  • TVF
    36773 posts Member
    Options
    How is the drop rate sad?

It's reduced from before, yes, but you prefer a marquee?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    TLDR:Terrible

With a 3% per energy drop rate, a player that buys 3 cantina refreshes per day anyway will get around 75 shards after 5 days. Not bad compared to what you get for a Marquee.

it should be 4% for cantina tho

2% for other energy tables

I think people are just having a bad first day, and it should average out over the course of the next few days

Narrator: It turns out...
  • Options
    I really need to pay attention to how much energy I spend on these. I know I did 3 refreshes yesterday and 2 today but can't remember if I did 1 or 2 refreshes the days before. Anyway, I unlocked it, 3*d it and am now 2/30 towards 4*.
  • Options
    Sewpot wrote: »
    After seeing it in action at 7* I would say save your crystals.
    Do the 100 refresh and stop at that.
    Not farming it to use it, but farming it on the off chance that i’d need it one day for a conquest feat, a third slot in gac or to unlock a new character. That’s kinda sad, actually.
    Anyway, at 200 energy per refresh the price per shard is still a bargain.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    74 from 2352 energy.
    Sitting at 3.14%

Thanks @CG_SBCrumb_MINI @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI for not informing us of a drop in the energy rate
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

1. Stealth Nerf
    2. See my % where I'm below even that average
    3. Meh, I'm up in the air on Marquee v/s Chase, if its a good rate & a ship I really want then Chase is good....
    If on the other hand its going to sit unopened anyway for 6+ months or more..... Then a Marquee is fine.

• Options
    Spent 496 Energy on 31 Sims.
    Got 11 Shards.

2.218% drop Rate.

Tonight's run above helped increase my rate for sure, but still not pretty.

New total:
    18 Shards for 608 Energy
    2.96%

Well this afternoon was back in the **** for RNG.

10 Shard in 512 Energy = 2.34%

Which brings the new average back down
    28 Shards for 1120 Energy = 2.50%

New Running Total
    47 Shards / 1632 Energy = 2.88%

Any chance people reporting daily figures could combine their data into one single total?

Tracking daily results is useful, but not as useful as a summative total.

Agreed, That's how I've been doing it.

Today was 10 / 464 = 2.16%

New Running Total

57 Shards / 2096 = 2.72%

Had to burn a little more today.

New Total

58 Shards / 2176 Energy = 2.66%
  • StarSon
    7529 posts Member
    Options
    Just did 2x100 and 2x200 (did a 100 this morning to finish Kyle) and sitting at 36/65. Pretty upset with the drop rate nerf. Especially without CG telling us they were nerfing it. Stuff like this reminds me why I stopped giving them money.
  • Options

1. Stealth Nerf
    2. See my % where I'm below even that average
    3. Meh, I'm up in the air on Marquee v/s Chase, if its a good rate & a ship I really want then Chase is good....
    If on the other hand its going to sit unopened anyway for 6+ months or more..... Then a Marquee is fine.

A marquee gets you 50 shards this gets you like double even at 3% just by doing a normal 3x50 no comparison this is still way better.
    hello
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    Just did 2x100 and 2x200 (did a 100 this morning to finish Kyle) and sitting at 36/65. Pretty upset with the drop rate nerf. Especially without CG telling us they were nerfing it. Stuff like this reminds me why I stopped giving them money.

If you were doing your normal refreshes plus more just to get Kyle I dont see how this hurt you
    hello
  • TargetEadu
    1659 posts Member
    Options
    Marquees at least you get the chance to use the character. Not so much in Chases.
  • Options
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    Marquees at least you get the chance to use the character. Not so much in Chases.

I dont miss autoing a bunch of battles for my shards
    hello
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options

Because it went from 4% to 3% based on the data given. You may say “ok 1% so what??”. Well, I’m glad you asked (didn’t?). Well given my current drop rate I’m 20 shards shy of what I should be and that margin will grow over time. So most likely 30 shards short of what I SHOULD get based on averages. Yes the shard per crystal rate is still beneficial but that doesn’t absolve CG from cheating us out of shards through stealth nerfs. That’s a lot of crystals people would’ve saved otherwise
  • TargetEadu
    1659 posts Member
    Options
    4% to 3% is a 25% decrease in percentage. If that doesn’t seem relevant, think Speed Down.

I miss learning how a character worked before sinking thousands of energy into them / before watching a Youtube review.
  • Monel
    2794 posts Member
    Options
    4% to 3% is a 25% decrease in percentage. If that doesn’t seem relevant, think Speed Down.

I miss learning how a character worked before sinking thousands of energy into them / before watching a Youtube review.

Sinking thousands of energy? So farming characters and or relic mats is a sink? Come on now, you are doing normal farming stuff AND getting bonus ship shards.

• TargetEadu
    1659 posts Member
    Options
    Monel wrote: »

Sinking thousands of energy? So farming characters and or relic mats is a sink? Come on now, you are doing normal farming stuff AND getting bonus ship shards.

… yes, it is a sink. That is my point.

Chases get you more shards, but they’re RNG dependent, confusing, and leave players on their own to figure out how to use them. And their place in the cadence is strange. I like Marquees more.
  • StarSon
    7529 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options

If you were doing your normal refreshes plus more just to get Kyle I dont see how this hurt you

Didn’t say that it “hurt me.” But if not for the chase I would only do 3x100. However, based on the officially announced drop rate of 4%, I should have been able to get a 5* ship with just that 3x100 and my hoarded energy. Except they nerfed the drop rate and didn’t tell us, so even with 3x100 and 2x200 and hoarded energy I will not get 5*. Why people don’t see that uas an issue I do not understand.
  • Dianora
    126 posts Member
    Options
    Got 10 for 420 energy on one account (ugh) and 16 for 416 energy (yay) on the other today. Haven't been tracking but I counted shards yesterday and estimated energy spent and figured that I was averaging 3.1% on the first and 2.98% on the second.
  • Starslayer
    2425 posts Member
    Options

Didn’t say that it “hurt me.” But if not for the chase I would only do 3x100. However, based on the officially announced drop rate of 4%, I should have been able to get a 5* ship with just that 3x100 and my hoarded energy. Except they nerfed the drop rate and didn’t tell us, so even with 3x100 and 2x200 and hoarded energy I will not get 5*. Why people don’t see that uas an issue I do not understand.

5 refreshes+120 a day+45 bonus will net you 765 cantina energy per day, so 3825 during the 5 days event. With a 3% drop rate, that’s 115 shards. You need 145 to get it 5*, that’s 30 shards missing you’ll get with 1000 hoarded energy. So if you’re on the bad side of rng, you’ll need an extra 400 refresh or two to get your 5* ship.
    Anecdotal fact: i was on the good side of rng and just got my 5* ship today buying 5 refreshes a day with 1000 energy hoarded. Don’t really care because i will bench it, but yeepee.
  • Options
    Day five: 20 shards in 640 energy = 3.12%

To date data: 102 shards in 3456 energy = 2.95%
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    People were doing the math and even at a supposed 4% rate had to do more than the usual tripple refresh to get the thing to 5* before GAC lock.

There are 3 possibilities:
    1) CG changed the drop rate and accidentaly forgot to inform us beforehand
    2) CG changed the drop rate and intentionally forgot to inform us beforehand (causing panic refreshes/pack purchases before GAC lock)
    3) spaghetti code happened (even though they are not aware of a framework issue)

Whether or not the rush towards that ship is worth it (personally I don't see a reason to rush it, it's pretty meh imo and I'm much more curious about the FO ship), people are rightfully upset.

But I'm sure we'll get a short clarification post in a few hours. Right? Right???
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • StarSon
    7529 posts Member
    Options
    Starslayer wrote: »

5 refreshes+120 a day+45 bonus will net you 765 cantina energy per day, so 3825 during the 5 days event. With a 3% drop rate, that’s 115 shards. You need 145 to get it 5*, that’s 30 shards missing you’ll get with 1000 hoarded energy. So if you’re on the bad side of rng, you’ll need an extra 400 refresh or two to get your 5* ship.
    Anecdotal fact: i was on the good side of rng and just got my 5* ship today buying 5 refreshes a day with 1000 energy hoarded. Don’t really care because i will bench it, but yeepee.

3825 from refreshes during the event, plus the 1100 energy I had hoarded. Still going to miss that 5th star.
  • Options
    I have not done the math, nor do I intend to. But I for one was pretty low on signal data from farming KK, Dash and Talon, so I've hit this hard and done the 400 refreshes each day. I'm at like 50/85 on the ship and haven't bought the packs.
  • StewartH
    156 posts Member
    Options
    Finished with 83 shards / 2528 energy. About 3.3%
  • StarSon
    7529 posts Member
    Options
    I started the event with 1100 energy. Did the 5 refreshes every day. Ended at 50/65.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    83 shards from 2832 energy.
    2.9%….thanks for the stealth nerf to drop rates CG
  • Options
    Spent 496 Energy on 31 Sims.
    Got 11 Shards.

2.218% drop Rate.

Tonight's run above helped increase my rate for sure, but still not pretty.

New total:
    18 Shards for 608 Energy
    2.96%

Well this afternoon was back in the **** for RNG.

10 Shard in 512 Energy = 2.34%

Which brings the new average back down
    28 Shards for 1120 Energy = 2.50%

New Running Total
    47 Shards / 1632 Energy = 2.88%

Any chance people reporting daily figures could combine their data into one single total?

Tracking daily results is useful, but not as useful as a summative total.

Agreed, That's how I've been doing it.

Today was 10 / 464 = 2.16%

New Running Total

57 Shards / 2096 = 2.72%

Had to burn a little more today.

New Total

58 Shards / 2176 Energy = 2.66%

Today's Run
    20 / 528 = 3.78%

Brings the new total to
    78 / 2704 = 2.88%

• Options
    Legend91 wrote: »
    There are 3 possibilities:
    2) CG changed the drop rate and intentionally forgot to inform us beforehand (causing panic refreshes/pack purchases before GAC lock)

But I'm sure we'll get a short clarification post in a few hours. Right? Right???

I'm going to go with there is only 1 possibility, #2

Otherwise we'd have heard something, silence is a sign of WAI.