Lord Vader Balance Issue

Prev134
HeroWithNoFear
59 posts Member
edited March 2022
When will we get any information about Lord Vaders potential buff ? Right now Lord Vader is the easiest GL to counter and hardest to get. Sith Triumvirate , Imperial Troopers , Fennec Lead without BSoJ , SLKR with nightsister cheese. I don't understand how CG released this character as he is right now and do not forget they did fix the crit immunity buff so this characters original state is what he is at the moment. Some youtubers, testers when Lord Vader launched talked like he is a beast or something like that but the problem is Lord Vader is not an Attacker he is a Tank. Game is saying he is an Attacker but he is not. Everyone who use him or fought against him says only he is thick. Not a single person can say Lord Vader is an Attacker he is not an Attacker until his 3rd Ult, but if you use ult at full you won't be able to charge up the ult until 4 turn goes. So he can turn into an Attacker but he needs at least 12 turn. And while using his ult he needs his 3 teammates alive, if not he needs another %100 ult. So i am asking this to anyone who works in EA CG, why did you make this character this way. He is a TANK, he is not like in the movies or games. As you can see from swgoh.com every Lord Vader user in high ranks using him with protection primaries this is not a good way to use an ATTACKER TAG character. Lord Vaders kit is really sloppy so please just don't change minor things like add some texts or anything else please turn him into an ATTACKER as you stated.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Options
    Yeah it's really weird to me how they have mentioned looking into him twice now, while also mentioning the hierarchy of strength in the last State of the Galaxy. But meanwhile they have completely ignored him and have not even hinted as to whether or not there will be any action taken for weeks now.

Can we at least get some communication as to what the thought process is? Will there or will there not be any updates to his kit?
  • Options
    Reminds me a bit of SEE and the epic "SEE definitely needs a buff" thread that ran for months

Eventually CG decided no changes were necessary.

Agree with OP - LV is a tank,not an attacker.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    It’s a lame team compared to jml. Who doesn’t love assist after assists LV and company get dazed asap and just sit there being meat bags for the next 3min.
  • Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    Reminds me a bit of SEE and the epic "SEE definitely needs a buff" thread that ran for months

They did give SEE a buff with the Great Nerf, though. Now he gains TM when enemies gain locked buffs, which makes him at least difficult to counter with IT. Plus Armorer’s existence.

I still think SEE definitely needs a buff, even if it’s more lateral.
  • Options
    TargetEadu wrote: »

They did give SEE a buff with the Great Nerf, though. Now he gains TM when enemies gain locked buffs, which makes him at least difficult to counter with IT. Plus Armorer’s existence.

That's a separate point. The thread I referred to went on for 2 or 3 months IIRC and there was very little word from the developers until the community manager said CG weren't changing anything.

The buff you refer to happened months later.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Options

SEE is basically the cheapest GL, I wouldn’t expect much in terms of buffs from him after they did the TM buff.
  • Options

That's a separate point. The thread I referred to went on for 2 or 3 months IIRC and there was very little word from the developers until the community manager said CG weren't changing anything.

The buff you refer to happened months later.

True. But at this point same can be said about LV, minus the 2k response thread because there’s too much else these days for people to be mad at.
  • Options
    And they wonder why most of us don't chase every shiny new hero lol
  • Options

https://youtu.be/kd4e_gDCIP0

Bossk lead BH countering a LV Maul in squad arena lol.

Definitely requires incredibly high relics but this was just hilarious to watch lmao.
  • Options
    SemiGod wrote: »

https://youtu.be/kd4e_gDCIP0

Bossk lead BH countering a LV Maul in squad arena lol.

Definitely requires incredibly high relics but this was just hilarious to watch lmao.

🙄
  • Options
    Its almost as if making a GL that does virtually nothing until the 3 minute mark is a bad idea
  • Options
    The buffs are adding the Inquisitors so you have to pay more money to make your LV team on par with the other GLs
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    Just goes to show that CG don't do sufficient testing, even for toons like GLs that are supposed to be big money makers. They rely on the playerbase to uncover bugs and power disparity issues.

LV is such a flop I wonder if they are making any money off him.

And it just reinforces that spending money on the new shiny doesn't guarantee success. You're just gambling with your money if you whale on the newest toon cos CG can't balance anything worth a ****.

Just hoard, wait for the big content creators to put out their test vids, then decide what to invest in.
  • Options
    Lv’s ultimate relies on high mastery from its allies.
    Which makes LV a lot more powerful, but also involves relic’ing up his allies, especially if he wants to hold in Arena.
    Eg
    An r6 ally starts with 35% mastery, and r8 Is 60%, almost double the starting mastery, r9 has double mastery and so an r9 ally of LV will give LV double the mastery each ultimate.
    Anything lower than r6 really weakens LV

I se LV in arena and rarely drop below top 10, but my team has benefit from whaling.

I use r9 LV, r9 maul, r8 RG r8 ninth sister r9 kru.
    Although shore is a good replacement for ninth.
    I have them all fast so all allies have a turn before LV’s 2nd turn.

The more buffs you give them team the better and removing them, really pumps up the whole teams mastery and makes the ultimate more powerful

But a far higher relic’d team is needed than a comparative jmk team, and in a resource limited game, this puts LV at a great disadvantage compared to JKL
  • Options
    Just goes to show that CG don't do sufficient testing, even for toons like GLs that are supposed to be big money makers. They rely on the playerbase to uncover bugs and power disparity issues.

LV is such a flop I wonder if they are making any money off him.

And it just reinforces that spending money on the new shiny doesn't guarantee success. You're just gambling with your money if you whale on the newest toon cos CG can't balance anything worth a ****.

Just hoard, wait for the big content creators to put out their test vids, then decide what to invest in.

They made money off him when he was released
    hello
  • Options
    Which makes LV a lot more powerful, but also involves relic’ing up his allies, especially if he wants to hold in Arena.
    Eg
    An r6 ally starts with 35% mastery, and r8 Is 60%, almost double the starting mastery, r9 has double mastery and so an r9 ally of LV will give LV double the mastery each ultimate.

I se LV in arena and rarely drop below top 10, but my team has benefit from whaling.

The more buffs you give them team the better and removing them, really pumps up the whole teams mastery and makes the ultimate more powerful

But a far higher relic’d team is needed than a comparative jmk team, and in a resource limited game, this puts LV at a great disadvantage compared to JKL

Arena??????
    hello
  • Options
    Eg

That's an expensive squad for a defunct game mode.
  • Options
    Eg

Right now Squad Arena is not important. GAC and TW is the real deal. In GAC when the full squad of inquisitorius is released ninth sister will move to that lineup, kru is with FO most likely, shore is making iden versio squad more consist on defense even against GAS type of squads, Maul is 10 times better with Mandalorians because he can make unusable toons to be able to defeat squads like SEE.

For the relic 9 , yes Lord Vader is better with every upgrade to relic but if someone dies before he uses his ult it doesnt matter how high relic those toons are and don't forget if you want Lord Vader to deal damage to enemy he needs 3 ult so if he uses his ult while no one is alive or 1 toon is alive and that is the case in almost every situtation. It doesnt matter how high relic those characters you have. Dont forget while you have 3 relic 9 right now the others dont even have one, so when they have a chance to upgrade a character to relic 9 like in the video when Bossk is relic 9 you can't beat them. Fennec bh, Imp Troopers, Sith Triumvirate and SLKR with nightsister cheese will be still working consistently. So yeah he needs a REAL BUFF.

• Options
    Lord Failure lives up to his name. CG created him to cash in on people whaling on BB. Nothing but a money grab.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    47 Days since the first LV issue post by CG

27 Days since the second LV issue post by CG

Lord Failure will never see the light of day lmao
  • Options
    @CG_SBCrumb_MINI @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI we need an info about Lord Vader right now it's been almost 2 months so many GAC, TW and CRYSTALS.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    The more I use him the more I hate him lol
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    SemiGod wrote: »
    The more I use him the more I hate him lol

Sounds fitting for Lord Vader
  • Options
    Lord Failure sucks! The only joke bigger in this game is the people still spending
  • Options
    RokToBer wrote: »
    Lord Failure sucks! The only joke bigger in this game is the people still spending

I’ve sure stopped spending, not only the utter failure of this GL but the whole game is heading south. Just ftp coasting to JMK which I’m nearly there with, since the best and worst GL’s came out as a pair at least I’ll be half happy with my choices.
  • Whatelse73
    2168 posts Member
    Options
    for some reason they want JMK to be the best, even though LV is the most expensive GL. Though JML can be beaten too easily by non-GL teams, but LV is really insufferable. They really need to hurry up and do whatever they're going to do about updating LV so he works like he should for the cost.

I'd also throw that conquest character in there that takes 60 omicron pieces to max out, Mr D.B. Fett. Just because he can beat LV doesn't mean he's worth 60 pieces. (Even though "conquest characters" are supposed to be extra excellent.)
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    another full banner win v rey. LV is great.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    for some reason they want JMK to be the best, even though LV is the most expensive GL. Though JML can be beaten too easily by non-GL teams, but LV is really insufferable. They really need to hurry up and do whatever they're going to do about updating LV so he works like he should for the cost.

I'd also throw that conquest character in there that takes 60 omicron pieces to max out, Mr D.B. Fett. Just because he can beat LV doesn't mean he's worth 60 pieces. (Even though "conquest characters" are supposed to be extra excellent.)

JMK beat LV in the movie so they have to keep it the same in game…. In this form all you see LV kill is younglings (which are not in the game yet) and nute and his friends (which LV is not beat by nute teams..) so just thank CG for following cannon and enjoy your lord failure.
  • HeroWithNoFear
    59 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    another full banner win v rey. LV is great.

It's just too big for little minds - Lex Luthor