Lord Vader Balance Issue

Replies

• Options
    Hahahaha!!!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣 It just keeps coming lol.
  • Options
    SemiGod wrote: »
    In case y’all didn’t know,
    https://youtu.be/M7wRTlhxufI
    Lord Vader absorbs negative mastery from SLKR ;)

Don’t worry though, it isn’t a bug, the devs intended this to happen.
    5nvvml3xod16.jpeg

“We flagged this in the past but the devs are trash!”
  • Options
    I see 2 options:

Either CG is completely incompetent to balance their toons, and they don't care about it.

Or the new Grand Inquisitor will take LV to a new level, so they can't buff him now or he might end up being too OP with the GI later.

I would like to hope it's the second option, but seeing how they handle their game, I'm not too sure which one it is...
  • Options
    Granolo wrote: »
    I see 2 options:

Either CG is completely incompetent to balance their toons, and they don't care about it.

Or the new Grand Inquisitor will take LV to a new level, so they can't buff him now or he might end up being too OP with the GI later.

I would like to hope it's the second option, but seeing how they handle their game, I'm not too sure which one it is...

It's A.

If it was B, they would just wait and nerf it when it becomes an issue.
  • Options
    I see 2 options:

Lord Vader is a GL for Gods sake and he is not a standard GL he has the highest requirements. He shouldn't need new legendary character who needs 5 new marquees to unlock.
  • Options
    In my opinion CG already confessed that Lord Vader/Maul is not at the same level as JMK/CAT just by looking at the conquest bosses. Sector 4 Boss is Lord Vader w/Maul, Sector 5 Boss is just JMK. It is crystal clear that we got robed by CG.
    They just used Lord Vaders name of how iconic character he is and put the highest requirements, 4 marquees and 1 character that is no use for this game (Tusken Raider) so that they can get enough money to please their bosses.
  • Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    Options
    Can't wait to unlock him soon... So worth it.

Oh, and you can beat JMK/CAT with Padmé/CAT so it's not GL-only.
  • Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »

:smile: So you don't have him yet but you're already saying that it is "so worth it" :D Do not be afraid. Take off your mask. We are aware that you work for CG.

• SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options

:smile: So you don't have him yet but you're already saying that it is "so worth it" :D Do not be afraid. Take off your mask. We are aware that you work for CG.

Lord Vader is great, he can beat Rey🗿
  • Options

Lord Vader is great, he can beat Rey🗿

Dont forget that he counters Jawas
  • Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    Options

Sarcasm. It's sarcasm.
  • Options
    I see 2 options:

Is that always going to be the excuse? First it was, "You HaVe To WaIT fOr mAul!" Now it's, "YoU hAvE to wAiT fOr iNqUiSitors!!"

Seriously. Just admit they screwed this super expensive toon up and just start over.
  • Options
    Based on CG's Tier list, the only thing Galactic Legends are, is top tier for cost of money and resources. Multiple non-GL teams can beat GLs. Conquest characters are supposed to be right up there too, but again StarKiller can take out Rey, the queen of defense, and DB Fett is just "okay". (And Fennec doesn't even need him to beat LV, she can do it with marquee BH.)

It's ridiculous that we keep seeing teams that are able to take out LV, except of course the sector 4 boss in conquest. That should be the player version, THAT is a real Galactic Legend.

"Galactic Legend" appears to just be a marketing technique. A fancy name on a type of character same as "New and Improved!" to make us think they are a big deal when they really aren't, they just have a big price tag. Granted, JMK is the best GL and they remind us of that all the time as they consistently improve his AI and even have his AI set to purposely do his ult at 60% to get around JML's taunt every time, but don't seem to go that deep into the weeds for other GL's. (and even MM teams can beat JML)
  • Options
    Does anyone have success getting refunds for resources spent for LV? Because this is **** ridiculous, it was hardest and most expensive toon to get and yet, it's April 2022 now still the weakest GL. CG is really a big bully, love to spit on the faces of their (paying) players... And they keep releasing stupid toons when there's tons of issues to address. No quality, just quantity, take out the fun! I guess this is the way, for CG.
  • Options
    67 banners every time vs SLKR
    io6bslhi57bc.png
  • 24_Tuesdays
    1198 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    why dont they deliver

like lord vader

ayyyyyyyyy
    hello
  • Options
    6a09xn.jpg
  • Options
    i doubt were going to hear much for the next few months on this. I guess a GL that gets weaker as the match progresses is WAI.
  • Options
    i doubt were going to hear much for the next few months on this. I guess a GL that gets weaker as the match progresses is WAI.

how does he get weaker
    hello
  • Options

how does he get weaker

Consumes his allies’ negative mastery from SLKR’s Siphons. Leaves LV doing 1 damage.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    TargetEadu wrote: »

how does he get weaker

Consumes his allies’ negative mastery from SLKR’s Siphons. Leaves LV doing 1 damage.

Maybe don't use him vs SLKR? How do we know that's not intentional?
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    In case y’all didn’t know,
    https://youtu.be/M7wRTlhxufI
    Lord Vader absorbs negative mastery from SLKR ;)

Don’t worry though, it isn’t a bug, the devs intended this to happen.
    5nvvml3xod16.jpeg

Wow ...
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    sloweagle wrote: »
    67 banners every time vs SLKR
    io6bslhi57bc.png

U wanna try solo SLK with zombie sisters ?
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »

how does he get weaker

Nah just use LV solo against SLKR, easy fix.

And we know it’s intentional from EA_HighCommand
    Post edited by SemiGod on
  • Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    Options

how does he get weaker

Yet the exact same issue could be possible with JMK but they intentionally wrote into his kit that he cannot gain/hand out negative Mastery.

It's almost pathetic how much they fumble LV's kit in comparison.
  • Options
    Looking back, it's ironic that Lord Vader has balance issues since Obi Wan cut his legs off when he tried to gain the high ground. He could have just jumped on to the rocks, but his own arrogance was his downfall.
  • Options
    I see 2 options:

With the push towards Palps working better with Mara Jade, and judging by the journey event for the inquisitors, I wouldn't be surprised if GI is designed to work with OG Vader rather than the GL. Which also makes sense from a timeline perspective.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options

how does he get weaker

Yet the exact same issue could be possible with JMK but they intentionally wrote into his kit that he cannot gain/hand out negative Mastery.

It's almost pathetic how much they fumble LV's kit in comparison.

yeah I agree