FO w/Echelon Destroying r9 Executor WAI?

12346Next

Replies

• Options
    Executor is:

1. A really annoying fleet. Getting it doesn't make it less annoying. This is probably the single worst meta in the game because of how much RNG is involved.

2. An old meta. Who cares if a new pay to play ship beats it? It is better for the health of the game to kill this meta. What has if been, six months? Enough.

I do not understand anyone who wants a reliable executor counter nerfed. I have had it since the second run of the event. It has been irritating the entire time. We need a counter NOW. Executor is the worst part of the game and it ruins the other parts of the game it touches.
  • Options
    CG: We are releasing something.
    Players: spending Money and Crystals
    CG: Oh sorry! Doesn’t work as intended. We are changing the things you bought.
    Me: If this happens it is fraudulent deceptiveness and I should get back the crystals and the real money and the items of the relics.
  • NS4Life1979
    71 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    They haven't confirmed a nerf or a buff

Just that they are looking into it and may nerf/buff if needed, the standard messaging for all "WILL XYZ GET NERFED OR BUFFED"

His response was to this thread, and you can never expect them to say xyz ship won't ever get buffed or else it will paint them into a corner

You’re missing the point. This shouldn’t even be talked about on their end. You mean to tell me their testing is THAT bad they didn’t test this new ship against the meta in fleets?
    No.

The point is, the forums were checked, and the hot topic was,

"FO w/Echelon Destroying r9 Executor WAI?"

And Doja's response was basically was, "Yes for now, but we always have the liberty to change it if needed"

But I'll just tell the community managers to don't respond to questions like these in the future since people will complain if you don't answer, people will complain if you answer, there is no point

The issue is, the response from Doja should have been simple.. it should have read something like:

"The Echelon helps the FO fleet beat the Executor when everything falls into place, this is working as intended, the battle is still random due to the HT's avoiding the ability block and resisting the stun from Silencer and can still go wrong, however with testing CG decided give the players an better more reliable two shot counter to Executor, which thanks to testing we already know this is the case"

This would show the player base they have tested the fleet, know what the counter looks like which to be frank is an obviously fleet to test - come on it is not rocket science to test a first order fleet that consists of Finalizer, Kylo Shuttle, Silencer and Echelon with SF TF and Ebon Hawk as the reinforcements, it is not like we have 20 FO ships to use with Finalizer, instead we get a generic message of "we will look into it, and change things if necessary.." that really is a cop out response.

They also could have said on Monday when this query was raised. "sorry, we have spotted a potential issue with the Echelon being to overpowered and counters our preferred current meta, so if you are intending to spend money on this ship because it is a counter to the Executor, we are advising you, we might change the way this counter works, so spend at your own risk."

instead once again we got radio silence, no response, no message, no nothing, which is a complete money grab if they change this now.

If they do change it, to the point where it is not even a two shot counter, I do hope CG will resend us all back our crystals, our relic materials and our gear we put into the First Order. Anything less than that, and it is a total disgrace, and a slap in the face to the player base.
  • Options
    Don’t nerf this one guys. You’ve introduced a ship that is fun. You remember fun don’t you?!?
    3 reasons not to nerf
    1 people spent crystals to get it. I’d saved 9000 crystals and used the majority to get it as high as possible because it looked so good.
    2 it doesn’t change the meta, it gives more of a chance against the executor but does not beat it most the time.
    3 being able to Two shot the executor means fewer grand arenas will be decided purely by fleets
  • Options
    Executor is:

1. A really annoying fleet. Getting it doesn't make it less annoying. This is probably the single worst meta in the game because of how much RNG is involved.

you must have started after the jkr meta
    hello
  • Options
    They haven't confirmed a nerf or a buff

Just that they are looking into it and may nerf/buff if needed, the standard messaging for all "WILL XYZ GET NERFED OR BUFFED"

His response was to this thread, and you can never expect them to say xyz ship won't ever get buffed or else it will paint them into a corner

You’re missing the point. This shouldn’t even be talked about on their end. You mean to tell me their testing is THAT bad they didn’t test this new ship against the meta in fleets?
    No.

The point is, the forums were checked, and the hot topic was,

"FO w/Echelon Destroying r9 Executor WAI?"

And Doja's response was basically was, "Yes for now, but we always have the liberty to change it if needed"

But I'll just tell the community managers to don't respond to questions like these in the future since people will complain if you don't answer, people will complain if you answer, there is no point

Umm, no, as per CG you're completely missing the point. The point is: CG need to TEST new things BEFORE they are released, then IF a thread like this pops up saying "ooh, ABC can beat XYZ, is that right?" CG would be able to come out and say "Yes, that's right, we did the most basic amount of testing by putting that full ABC Faction line-up up against that full XYZ Faction line-up, we saw it was possible to win if things went well, and that is working as per it should" - they should know BEFORE any player brings it up how a simple non-weird non-theory-crafted line-up of one faction up against another can perform!
  • Options
    All this nonsense CG's been doing, all under the majestic goal of 'protecting the player' s investment'.

Where this logic falls to pieces is that players heavily invested in Tie Echelon, since right on the launch day, we've already seen a 5star Echelon beating Executor.
    Spending 20k crystals, sometimes by purchasing those for real money, how is that not an investment?
    It is also an investment, so if CG is so committed on protecting investments, then protect the Echelon counter!!

If you change Echelon beating Executor, then you are lying whenever you say you are protecting the player's investments.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    Executor is:

JKR wasn’t even this bad. It was an annoying and 5 minute long fight but better mods took RNG out of it. This is literally coin flipping through the fight
  • Options
    Executor is:

JKR wasn’t even this bad. It was an annoying and 5 minute long fight but better mods took RNG out of it. This is literally coin flipping through the fight

except the coin has to flip against you a bunch of times before you lose

hello
  • TargetEadu
    1596 posts Member
    Options
    I wonder how well Ship Mods would go over.
  • Options
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    I wonder how well Ship Mods would go over.

terribly
    hello
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    Looooki wrote: »
    My point is the investment for fleet arena should not be invalidated by this

How does it invalid? Don't take things to the extreme man...

In arena FO will fall like a brick
    In GAC... It is a good counter or a 2nd clean up. But to get it to work u need $$$ on it. (7 stars)

So people whom spend on the new ship should not be able to beat the new shiny toys? They don't deserve it?

Poohmuckel wrote: »
    CG: We are releasing something.
    Players: spending Money and Crystals
    CG: Oh sorry! Doesn’t work as intended. We are changing the things you bought.
    Me: If this happens it is fraudulent deceptiveness and I should get back the crystals and the real money and the items of the relics.

Yeah, but what are the players saying?
  • Options
    Executor is:

No, I lived through that. It **** but it didn't have as much RNG.
  • Options
    CG would have less complaints but for that tierlist they posted and prattled on about protecting. Then immediately ignored it upon introducing 2 marquees targeting JKL. The only thing CG's consistent at is being inconsistent anymore and it's becoming quite grating.
  • Options
    Executor is:

No, I lived through that. It **** but it didn't have as much RNG.

you are right about the rng part but imo the 5 minute battlles were way worse
    hello
  • GaCvet
    77 posts Member
    Options
    You know it's rough when the discords that pander to CG get on the train.

dq7xh49z7t92.png
  • Options
    What does WAI mean?
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    BuddyGuy88 wrote: »
    What does WAI mean?

Work as intended
  • CoSrenegade
    195 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    If you want to give meaningful feedback to CG, close your wallets. If you find something new is clearly more powerful than expected, don't rush to collect it. Simple.

So basically we should not feel exicted anymore for this game?
    I want to be excited, that's why I play.

Take that away and we are done here.

It's not like this new ship and therefore the fleet is so obviously imba now, so just leave it as it is and let us have fun and/or excitement with it. - and also frustration if it does not work all the time :)

Thats' gaming.

Circle of Sin. 2 Teams. This is the way! cos.rocks
  • Options
    I’m starting to think it’s not WAI, but they don’t want to tell them community yet and admit that another error occurred immediately after beginning sales on a new character again.

They are trying to plan how they want to respond, potentially compensate for the error, implement a fix, etc.

It seems like if it was WAI, we would have gotten a quick “yea, that’s what it’s supposed to do”. I can’t think of any other reason their response needs this much deliberation.
  • Ultra
    11538 posts Moderator
    Options
    What does WAI mean?

1og5vxhmnn0m.png
  • Options
    What does WAI mean?

1og5vxhmnn0m.png

May 25th :)
    Circle of Sin. 2 Teams. This is the way! cos.rocks
  • Options
    TheDude420 wrote: »
    I’m starting to think it’s not WAI, but they don’t want to tell them community yet and admit that another error occurred immediately after beginning sales on a new character again.

They are trying to plan how they want to respond, potentially compensate for the error, implement a fix, etc.

It seems like if it was WAI, we would have gotten a quick “yea, that’s what it’s supposed to do”. I can’t think of any other reason their response needs this much deliberation.

The one tester they have, probably hasn't been allowed on the PC, or maybe the NT4 system crashed while he was trying to boot it up.
  • Options
    Personally i hope they nerf it into the ground. It was never intended to be an effective Executor counter and this game is already too full of characters that were never properly tested and ended up being way more powerful than intended.
    If CG wants to 'promote' a fleet to challenge the executor, and they should at this point, they should actually choose a fleet, like the Negotiator, and design a new ship that would make it work.
  • Options
    Elland wrote: »
    2 it doesn’t change the meta, it gives more of a chance against the executor but does not beat it most the time.

If this is true, you probably have nothing to worry about.