FO w/Echelon Destroying r9 Executor WAI?

Replies

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Looooki wrote: »
    My point is the investment for fleet arena should not be invalidated by this

How does it invalid? Don't take things to the extreme man...

In arena FO will fall like a brick
    In GAC... It is a good counter or a 2nd clean up. But to get it to work u need $$$ on it. (7 stars)

So people whom spend on the new ship should not be able to beat the new shiny toys? They don't deserve it?

A lot of ppl went for slkr, so for them, this a freebie.

Not saying it's right or wrong, but it will have a more immediate and meaningful impact than you're implying.
  • Sev112
    110 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Executor design was one of the worst decisions they've made to the game. They let an empire fan boy create a fleet that is massively overpowered to the point where it pretty much occupies all top 30 slots in just about every end game arena shard. Glad to see that **** is coming to an end.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    Sev112 wrote: »
    Executor design was one of the worst decisions they've made to the game. They let an empire fan boy create a fleet that is massively overpowered to the point where it pretty much occupies all top 30 slots in just about every end game arena shard. Glad to see that **** is coming to an end.

Should’ve gotten the empire fanboy to design Lord Failures kit instead tbh.

• Ahtf
    22 posts Member
    Options
    My main problem is actually not beating the exec( I have it) it’s the comparison with star fortress. Slkr is already a more useful gl then Rey. Now you also get a meta fleet if you go for slkr, and a fleet that barely got better from it extra ship(so still mediocre fleet) if you go for Rey.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Ahtf wrote: »
    My main problem is actually not beating the exec( I have it) it’s the comparison with star fortress. Slkr is already a more useful gl then Rey. Now you also get a meta fleet if you go for slkr, and a fleet that barely got better from it extra ship(so still mediocre fleet) if you go for Rey.

Resistance is still missing ships, no?
  • Alijar1
    381 posts Member
    Options
    The only real change that FO needs is SFTF getting a better second ability. Wow, you get the chance to give one whole damage over time effect to all enemies. That's such an awful ability, and it has no synergy with any of the other FO ships.
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • Ahtf
    22 posts Member
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »

I’m not really judging based on some maybe future ships showing up.
  • Ultra
    11538 posts Moderator
    Options
    SemiGod wrote: »

Same guy made both actually
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »

Well obviously, they only really have one dev
  • Options
    Looooki wrote: »
    My point is the investment for fleet arena should not be invalidated by this

How does it invalid? Don't take things to the extreme man...

In arena FO will fall like a brick
    In GAC... It is a good counter or a 2nd clean up. But to get it to work u need $$$ on it. (7 stars)

So people whom spend on the new ship should not be able to beat the new shiny toys? They don't deserve it?

i dont care how they drop i care that they can get high enough to push me down and make me do more battles and maybe also spend crystals

since when does someone who spends on what is basicaly a glorified marque deserve it lol

if you have exec and are looking forward to going more battles and wasting crystals then more power to you I guess

its no thanks for me
    hello
  • Jos33680
    122 posts Member
    Options
    Good to have new toys to play with, especially to kick R9 exec ;)

Adapt or die ... this is the way.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options

Yes, but it's hard to see a ship that fixes things for Resistance. The problem is that the ships they have are bad--there's evidence for this, it's not just an opinion. The thing that makes Resistance even remotely viable is that Raddus gives them a whole bunch of offense and protection. They had to artificially inflate Resistance ships to bring them up to the level of everyone else.

Moreover, the three ships they had before the Bomber were all created with the initial launch wave of ships, meaning that their kits are deliberately simplified and largely outdated in comparison to ships that released even three years ago.

It's a frustrating situation, tbh. The only solution is a total overhaul of the three ships they have.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Jos33680 wrote: »

Pretty sure "reward paying customers and respect their investment to inspire confidence in future in game purchases" is the way at least for for-profit businesses. CG also clarified that they want relative power levels stratified based on investment, and a capital ship that has as steep of requirements and crystal investment as Exec should be on a higher tier of power than a Marquee+Chase like the FO fleet.
  • Ultra
    11538 posts Moderator
    Options

Pretty sure "reward paying customers and respect their investment to inspire confidence in future in game purchases" is the way at least for for-profit businesses. CG also clarified that they want relative power levels stratified based on investment, and a capital ship that has as steep of requirements and crystal investment as Exec should be on a higher tier of power than a Marquee+Chase like the FO fleet.

I think fleet arena is like Squad Arena pre-GLs

After a few months, it doesn't matter if they are overthrown by a marquee or whatever

The investment is good for initial release and a few months after that + GAC (now that squad arena crystals also have fleet portion added to it)
  • Options

This tracks, since Exec rewards slower BAM.
  • Jos33680
    122 posts Member
    Options

Ok. And you continue to believe what they say ?

As f2p I had the exec at the second round. I dont care of the ressources investment as it was 0.

Maybe they will nerf and I dont care.

Until they do it is fun and I like it.
  • Options

you like extra battles daily?

or you dont have exec
    hello
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options

You like actually playing the game?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »

Yes, but it's hard to see a ship that fixes things for Resistance. The problem is that the ships they have are bad--there's evidence for this, it's not just an opinion. The thing that makes Resistance even remotely viable is that Raddus gives them a whole bunch of offense and protection. They had to artificially inflate Resistance ships to bring them up to the level of everyone else.

Moreover, the three ships they had before the Bomber were all created with the initial launch wave of ships, meaning that their kits are deliberately simplified and largely outdated in comparison to ships that released even three years ago.

It's a frustrating situation, tbh. The only solution is a total overhaul of the three ships they have.

Pretty sure ani and ahsoka's ships are just as old
  • 24_Tuesdays
    1198 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options

You like actually playing the game?

surprise i would not play it if i didnt
    hello
  • Options
    I think fleet arena is like Squad Arena pre-GLs

By "Squad Arena pre-GLs" do you mean "Squad Arena at game launch?"

Every meta that was designed around a Hero's Journey/Legendary character from JTR to the Revans to GAS all were heavily curated with 'unintended interactions' resulting in nerfs/buffs. Do you remember when DR released and EzPz was walking all over him because of DR's debuffs? Or all the GAS counters that were nerfed/GAS AI buffed to counteract them? Exec has near-GL requirements and investors should expect the same type of power tiers as at least Hero's Journey characters/metas. They never explicitly stated that the power tiers they laid out in the SotG applied only to GAC/SA. Unless you've seen otherwise from a Dev, claiming otherwise is contradictory to what the most recent official post stated about the power tiers of units.
  • Options
    As f2p I had the exec at the second round. I dont care of the ressources investment as it was 0.

Maybe they will nerf and I dont care.

Until they do it is fun and I like it.

So did CG inbox you all the gear shards and Relic mats for R8 Piett, BAM, and the other requirements? Must be nice to have 0 investment in what equates to nearly a GL for the rest of us. If you didn't magically get all that gear and relic mats in your inbox, then your investment is significant, like thousands of dollars if all that gear were to be purchased directly out of shipments with cash=>crystals=>gear. Whether hoarded (I'm F2P and went for Exec rather than another GL) or purchased with cash, the investment in Exec is anything but trivial, and to have a random marquee-level ship release and consistently counter the newest shiny with 2+ year old cap ship and pilots is insulting to those who invested in the newest thing, and from a business perspective is a poor choice to allow to consistently counter the new meta because it is a red flag for players to invest (hoarded gear or cash) in the next big thing in fleets.

Even Ahnald said during his stream, which is his primary income source, that it would be better if it had a ~50% consistency as a counter, but that it was performing so well, even at 5* with a R5 crew and R7 cap, that he wouldn't recommend investing in the packs.
  • TargetEadu
    1596 posts Member
    Options
    Another thing to throw in the mix - TIE Echelon creating a reliable Executor counter while the new Interceptor Conquest Character does… not do that.

(Yes, I know it’s early, but still.)
  • Ultra
    11538 posts Moderator
    Options
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    Another thing to throw in the mix - TIE Echelon creating a reliable Executor counter while the new Interceptor Conquest Character does… not do that.

(Yes, I know it’s early, but still.)

I think we are getting more inquisitor ship units though
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options

Pretty sure ani and ahsoka's ships are just as old

Asohka’s was a launch day ship, but not Anakin’s. I think Anakin’s ship came out concurrent with Negotiator? My memory is failing me and I have two minutes left on lunch so no time to look it up, sorry!
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Options
    Anakins ship was late 2018 and Neg was mid 2019.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Ultra
    11538 posts Moderator
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Doja is going to make a post addressing this today
  • Joebo720
    648 posts Member
    Options
    Fun must have been detected.
  • mr37hat
    79 posts Member
    Options

Just in time for the chase to be over, hilarious. that timing wasn't at all on purpose i'm sure. Again thanks for responding though, it is appreciated
    "ooba... ooba"
  • Ultra
    11538 posts Moderator
    Options
    mr37hat wrote: »

Just in time for the chase to be over, hilarious. that timing wasn't at all on purpose i'm sure. Again thanks for responding though, it is appreciated

Yeah

Since the question about whether FO w/Echeleon needs to be nerfed or not became a question late friday after playtesting so there wasn't much that could be done, since the chase runs through weekends