FO w/Echelon Destroying r9 Executor WAI?

Replies

• Joebo720
    648 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Since the question about whether FO w/Echeleon needs to be nerfed or not became a question late friday after playtesting so there wasn't much that could be done

Except maybe test themselves, like most game companies do?
  • Ultra
    11538 posts Moderator
    Options
    Joebo720 wrote: »
    Since the question about whether FO w/Echeleon needs to be nerfed or not became a question late friday after playtesting so there wasn't much that could be done

Except maybe test themselves, like most game companies do?

He's just answering this thread, as a matter of fact

maybe he'll say everything is WAI, maybe not, lets wait and see
  • Joebo720
    648 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    It's been pretty hard lately. Hasn't been a shining few months. Think a lot of us expect the worst. At least i do.
  • Sev112
    110 posts Member
    Options
    If there is a " fix " for the Echelon, I would think it would come after the pack goes out of the store or the number of people buying the pack drop, just so they squeeze more money out of it before going back to hedging all the RNG numbers in the favor of their pride and joy cash cow Execetor.
  • tile
    52 posts Member
    Options
    Typical no testing on purpose cash grab release. It's the MO now. No one should whale on any new toon or ship. Wait until it shows up on shipments if you must whale. You risk your hard earned money/crystals
  • Beeblebrox
    424 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    mr37hat wrote: »
    before people spend crystals to get refresh/purchase the Echelon outright, I think we deserve an answer in advance from CG as to whether this is expected behavior or if they "are monitoring the situation". Don't want to waste crystals on something they're just going to change Monday. Hope this gets to you guys before you walk out the door for the weekend. @CG_SBCrumb_MINI @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI

thanks in advan(tage)!

Well over 4000 Crystals already invested in Echelon ship based on it being a good ship from seeing other videos - players need to be able to rely on CG having tested toons/ships BEFORE THEY ARE RELEASED INTO THE GAME not only AFTER players have invested in these new items. If the ship is changed now then we must be given a refund for crystals spent purchasing its shards.
  • Options
    What I don’t understand is why are they not testing these things out. It honestly takes 5 minutes to play one battle with the echelon vs executor and see that it’s very possible to beat it. There’s literally no theory crafting involved with the current ships being used. Now that it’s most likely getting changed people will not be getting a refund for something they did not agree to initially buy being that it is not the same product. It’s no different than buying something at the store and then as soon as the cash is in their hand they take the product from you and give you a version of it that you don’t like and is way different than the original. Ahnald played 3-4 battles and quickly found out echelon could beat executor. I think this is proof there is no testing going on at all.
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    God forbid something can finally beat executor to give some kind of fluidity to fleet arena and GAC. Enough nerfs. Test your game

Exec costs too much to get beat like this

especially because fleet still has crystals

If people spent crystals to get Echelon I'd imagine the overall fleet cost is similar for Finalizer and Executor fleets given they both need decent relic levels to be effective. Executor was a free ship from a monthly event just like Finalizer, there are 5 other FO ships and 5 other BH ships, but 8 FO pilots and only 6 BH pilots needed
  • Options
    if there is a nerf or buff I want a rollback of my FO chars and mods on them.

The exe had it's time, lets change up the meta for a little?
    Circle of Sin. 2 Teams. This is the way! cos.rocks
  • tile
    52 posts Member
    Options
    Whaleathon wrote: »
    What I don’t understand is why are they not testing these things out. It honestly takes 5 minutes to play one battle with the echelon vs executor and see that it’s very possible to beat it. There’s literally no theory crafting involved with the current ships being used. Now that it’s most likely getting changed people will not be getting a refund for something they did not agree to initially buy being that it is not the same product. It’s no different than buying something at the store and then as soon as the cash is in their hand they take the product from you and give you a version of it that you don’t like and is way different than the original. Ahnald played 3-4 battles and quickly found out echelon could beat executor. I think this is proof there is no testing going on at all.

What I don't understand is why you don't understand that nothing is tested in this game. That's what we are for. They release ****. We figure out how to use it most efficiently.CG thinks about it quietly while they collect the whaling money and nerf it. Rinse and repeat
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Lol ships

LOL new untested meta

ROFL board drama
  • Options
    Alijar1 wrote: »
    The only real change that FO needs is SFTF getting a better second ability. Wow, you get the chance to give one whole damage over time effect to all enemies. That's such an awful ability, and it has no synergy with any of the other FO ships.

The point of the DoTs is that they damage to First Order allies, which gives the Command Shuttle 15% TM and reduces CDs by 1.
  • Options
    Well I did spend, bought a vault and all my hoarded crystals... So I suppose if you nerf it you will return the money and crystals... right @CG_SBCrumb_MINI
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    God forbid something can finally beat executor to give some kind of fluidity to fleet arena and GAC. Enough nerfs. Test your game

Lord Vader would like to have a word about being beat on defense.
  • Options
    Beeblebrox wrote: »

If people spent crystals to get Echelon I'd imagine the overall fleet cost is similar for Finalizer and Executor fleets given they both need decent relic levels to be effective. Executor was a free ship from a monthly event just like Finalizer, there are 5 other FO ships and 5 other BH ships, but 8 FO pilots and only 6 BH pilots needed

It doesn't exactly require R8 characters just to begin the event though, does it? Or a painful farm for a Conquest ship if you haven't unlocked and red crated hard mode for that matter. So no, it's not exactly the same.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_SBCrumb_MINI @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI STOP changing kits after release. Test your game. Im tired of wasting resources on these teams and a couple weeks later you keep changing the kits around. Stop it already. This is going to make people quit the game. Figure out your testing already. My lord
  • Options
    @CG_SBCrumb_MINI @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI STOP changing kits after release. Test your game. Im tired of wasting resources on these teams and a couple weeks later you keep changing the kits around. Stop it already. This is going to make people quit the game. Figure out your testing already. My lord

Now watch them not refund crystals/money spent on Echelon because the "identity" of the ship will still "remain" after the nerf...
  • Ultra
    11538 posts Moderator
    Options
    They haven't confirmed a nerf or a buff

Just that they are looking into it and may nerf/buff if needed, the standard messaging for all "WILL XYZ GET NERFED OR BUFFED"

His response was to this thread, and you can never expect them to say xyz ship won't ever get buffed or else it will paint them into a corner
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    Good thing Apple / Google care more for their mobile gaming customers, let’s just hope CG doesn’t go the MSF route and make their own website where u can purchase things from.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options

Just that they are looking into it and may nerf/buff if needed, the standard messaging for all "WILL XYZ GET NERFED OR BUFFED"

His response was to this thread, and you can never expect them to say xyz ship won't ever get buffed or else it will paint them into a corner

You’re missing the point. This shouldn’t even be talked about on their end. You mean to tell me their testing is THAT bad they didn’t test this new ship against the meta in fleets?

This isn’t obscure on an endurance fleet. Literally take in a R7 Hux, a flushed out FO fleet, and play against executor. Oh it can one shot it with some RNG? It guarantees a two shot against the executor? Ok noted.

That’s it. Literally a couple battles. 20 minutes at most.

They need to stop this nonsense of releasing new toons/ships and failing to test against the Meta. They need to realize players spend resources and real money on these things. If they can’t test it they need to quit and sell the game to a company who can handle the bare basics of game design. They’re atrocious at everything now.

QoL? Non existent
    Testing? Non existent
    Bug free updates? Non existent
    Communication? 99% non existent
    Theory crafting? Actively making it non existent

Enough already. They’re a billion dollar game. Start acting like it
  • Ultra
    11538 posts Moderator
    Options

You’re missing the point. This shouldn’t even be talked about on their end. You mean to tell me their testing is THAT bad they didn’t test this new ship against the meta in fleets?
    No.

The point is, the forums were checked, and the hot topic was,

"FO w/Echelon Destroying r9 Executor WAI?"

And Doja's response was basically was, "Yes for now, but we always have the liberty to change it if needed"

But I'll just tell the community managers to don't respond to questions like these in the future since people will complain if you don't answer, people will complain if you answer, there is no point
  • Ultra
    11538 posts Moderator
    Options
    Crumb and Doja may not post daily in the threads themselves, but we do discuss almost daily on what is being talked about and they respond via announcements at times (instead of this thread, in this instance)
  • Options

But I'll just tell the community managers to don't respond to questions like these in the future since people will complain if you don't answer, people will complain if you answer, there is no point

Then how about testing stuff in the first place, or even getting anything right on release so that those kinda questions don't even come up? If devs create problems then they need be ready to deal with possible consequences, reactions, feedback etc.. That's what the forums are for. That's like putting a hair in the soup of a customer, but not allowing them to complain about it. If the hair wasn't there in the first place then there wouldn't have been a complaint.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options

No.

The point is, the forums were checked, and the hot topic was,

"FO w/Echelon Destroying r9 Executor WAI?"

And Doja's response was basically was, "Yes for now, but we always have the liberty to change it if needed"

The hot topic was even here because they’ve created a trend of releasing a new unit, the unit doing something so predictable and so easy to test, that there’s no justifiable reason for them not to know what it will do. Then they come out and say “hey this shouldn’t be happening”/“we don’t like this happening” so they change it after resources and money is spent then refuse any return of said money or resources.

They started this issue with the great nerf of 2021 and have continued it, unwaveringly. So just because doja said “maybe maybe not” that doesn’t solve anything. He didn’t say it’s WAI. He basically said “maybe, maybe not”. Now I won’t buy the pack like I was gonna or use crystals for the pack because why would I want my investment devalue because of their failure to test a new unit against the current meta.

Like I said, this wasn’t a super theory craft of Echelon with JC star fighter and gauntlet with Endurance slaughtering the executor. It’s literally the first order fleet with their new unit giving a more reliable one shot counter (still not guaranteed) and a guaranteed two shot counter against Executor. That’s inexcusable and poor on the devs and whatever testers they have.

They need to test and stop releasing characters, taking in the cash and resources, then changing the unit. That’s a scam and a half and they will lose paying players by continuing to do that.
  • Options
    Obviously it would be a scam if they change the kit now and don’t refund any thing back. It would be a very bad scam and I’m wondering what the law says about „scam“ in America. In other countries CG would have up for trail for that kind of action.
  • Lumiya
    1504 posts Member
    Options

That's exactly the problem. He posted about the issue, which is good, but we didn't get an answer and stand where we stood before... that is bad. His post did not give us any clarification and we are left hanging, after already spending a lot. The issue itself was not answered, only recognized and this also only happened after the event was over. This should have been adressed as soon as it came up.

What exactly are we to take out of this? We don't know if it is safe to buy it because we don't know if it will be changed. And I am not talking about it being changed down the road in 2 years but more like soon in the next months. If it will be changed we again have no information if we will get any compensation. So what now?
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Lumiya
    1504 posts Member
    Options
    I would also like to add:
    Isn't it sad or concerning for CG that their players seem to have lost all trust?
    That, when something new gets released, players actually are uncertain and immediately question if their investement will be diminished?
    It should be really alarming that you as a company have lost your customers' trust because you did something too many times, that your customers now immediately expect you to do the same again, instead of being able to trust you and your product.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Options
    Their plan works as intended. Spend your money and resources then nerf. Lol
  • Options
    If you want to give meaningful feedback to CG, close your wallets. If you find something new is clearly more powerful than expected, don't rush to collect it. Simple.
  • MasterGomez87
    144 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options