Added fleet to kyber GAC...

Replies

• Options
    Personally, I don't have a problem with another fleet being required. But this does set a precedent for ever expanding requirements for GAC defence placements overall, which is a bit concerning.

That increases the likelihood of stagnation for players in lower leagues/divisions, with lower rewards.

Right now there is a path to kyber for a new player. It's a very long and hard path to be sure, or a massively expensive one, but there is a path. Focus farm about 18 squads, trying your best to first get the squads with longevity (which is pure guess work really). While doing that also get the 4ish new squads which are (power creep, so better) going to be released while you do this farming. After about 3 years (or faster for a big spender) you'll have 22 squads for the kyber league.

But, if they just keep adding more and more squads to the defence for each league, then the long farm will get you no where. Also playing GAC will be a major time suck.

Maybe this doesn't signal more and more teams for every aspect of GAC. I sure hope it doesn't.
  • Options
    To the people who are including the Executor when talking about the number of fleets, I'd just like to remind you that not everyone in kyber has it

Maybe they should not be the ones in kyber then?

I'm in kyber 3 and in my brackets I see one, sometimes two executors, and I'm guessing that they are even rarer in kyber 4 and 5
  • Raidfs
    3 posts Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Post edited by Raidfs on
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Delete
  • Options
    To the people who are including the Executor when talking about the number of fleets, I'd just like to remind you that not everyone in kyber has it

Maybe they should not be the ones in kyber then?

Maybe many in lower Kyber don’t have executor
    Lol so many whiners.
    I'm in Chromium2 and I could fulfill these requirements.

Sure, they're not all r9 fleets, but its booring to only fight maxed out fleets. I'll happily take on a garbage 3rd fleet with my mediocre 6.

Good change! Increase the nr of fleet squads down the leagues too!

Post your SWGOH since you just joined the forums today. I’d enjoy seeing how in chromium 3 you could field 6 full fleets for offense and defense
  • Options
    nottenst wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    This increase makes sense to me, we had a leak that came true that ended with another capital ship around the corner (Nihilus supposedly, but I can see that being changed)

If we are getting a new meta capital ship, I can see the need to increase to 3 defenses, and why they introduced two tanks for FO and Raddus to round those two fleets up

Those two tanks still don't fill out the FO and Resistance fleet. There is a tremendous lack of available ships.

If we were actually getting that capital ship and another dozen ships to support that and what we have right away, then I can see them increasing it in a few seasons. But starting with next season with what we currently have seems absurd.

I agree that is what should happen but by making the changes now it guarentees more people whaling on future ships. They don't care about the community and was is right for the game. It is just what can we do to Milk the most $$ out of the users.
  • Options
    I like ships. Which is why this change actually angers me. We need more ships. It's literally the easiest thing in the world to put into the game. George Lucas and LucasArts have TONS of ship designs that we still don't have in the game. Making this change BEFORE adding key ships, like Red 5 for example, is completely backwards. 16 ships shy of full fleets. You're 1) encouraging posting less than full fleets on defense and 2) limiting us to 1 mistake in fleets with a crappy cleanup crew of ships that don't go together......that's ridiculous.

• Options
    Regarding "full fleets", just cuz you CAN have 4 reinforcements doesn't mean you HAVE TO have 4 reinforcements.
  • flux_rono
    2130 posts Member
    Options
    i think this is a terrible move. we shouldn't get a 3rd fleet until we have 6 full fleets to be able to attack with, and as it is we only kinda have 4. (mace and tarkin/thrawn [depending on who you use] are not counted as they have no fleet at all).

so unless they decide to give us 2 fully maxed out fleets to everyone for free before the next GAC starts this is again a terrible move for them to make.
    (yes I know they wouldn't do that for us, as that would be too kinda and not make any money)
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Wait, to be at the top of the heap you need to have the newest toons and a deep roster of ships too? What is gaming coming to??!?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    This might be a good idea if they also added 10 regular ships and made them farmable immediately. Which won't happen, so it's just one more proof that they don't play their own game.
  • el_mago
    753 posts Member
    Options
    CG,

Tell us you hate us without telling us you hate us
  • Options
    I’d be more comfortable with one more Cap Ship (probably Sith/Ravager).

We would need a lot more normal Ships to fill them out though. We need what, 2 Resistance, 2 FO, 2-3 Sith, maybe 2 Seps? Maaaaaybe 1 more BH?

But at this point a Sith fleet would be great. There’s enough Sith+Empire units out there that a filled out Sith fleet can mix with Empire to form Executrix + Chimaera fleets even if you don’t get the Ravager.
  • Options
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    I’d be more comfortable with one more Cap Ship (probably Sith/Ravager).

We would need a lot more normal Ships to fill them out though. We need what, 2 Resistance, 2 FO, 2-3 Sith, maybe 2 Seps? Maaaaaybe 1 more BH?

But at this point a Sith fleet would be great. There’s enough Sith+Empire units out there that a filled out Sith fleet can mix with Empire to form Executrix + Chimaera fleets even if you don’t get the Ravager.

Adding another capital ship is not the answer because they would just robe ships from another fleet. Take Sith you would take Vader, Palps and TIE Interceptor from Empire. Now your empire is useless with only 4 ships.
  • Lumiya
    1517 posts Member
    Options
    Lol so many whiners.
    I'm in Chromium2 and I could fulfill these requirements.

Sure, they're not all r9 fleets, but its booring to only fight maxed out fleets. I'll happily take on a garbage 3rd fleet with my mediocre 6.

Good change! Increase the nr of fleet squads down the leagues too!

I'm in Chromium 2, I have 3M GP. I have very strong fleets and yet when I was promoted and needed another 2 fleets it was hell to get them together.

Are you one of those 5-6M accounts that are so terrible at playing, that they fall way below where they actually should be? Or are you one of those 5-6M accounts that love to sandbag because it makes them feel like they are so good at the game when they stomp on way smaller opponents?

If you are none of those, I don't see how you could fill 6 fleets with at least semi decent ships and pilots. What is your GP/swgoh.gg ?
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Options
    And they wonder why people hate fleets, lol!

It seems obvious that fixing the problems with ships is the play, but nah.... Why not just force people to interact with the worst part of the game instead of making it fun...
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

It seems obvious that fixing the problems with ships is the play, but nah.... Why not just force people to interact with the worst part of the game instead of making it fun...

Maybe because making a fun game was never CG's goal. The goal was making a profitable game, and any amount of fun is just the bare necessity to keep people hooked and spending.
  • Lumiya
    1517 posts Member
    Options

I agree, fixing ships/fleets would be the way to go.

I have to admit here, that I am one of the minority who actually likes fleets, so I think it's kind of sad that fleets get neglected from CG. If it would get more attention and some nice modes, it could have a lot of potential and be fun.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Options
    Ok so it’s going to be:
    Executor, negotiator, chimaera/executrix on defense
    Finalizer, malevolence, raddus/ home one on offense
    Not much room for error
  • Eyo
    34 posts Member
    Options
    Don't forget how they will use it as a lame excuse to increase kyber point requirements.
    CG, oh CG.
  • Mucro
    110 posts Member
    Options
    I'll just have to drop down to Aurodium. I simply don't have enough ships to field six functional fleets. It was fun while it lasted I guess...
  • Options
    I'm in kyber 2 with no exe, time to say goodbye.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Mucro wrote: »
    I'll just have to drop down to Aurodium. I simply don't have enough ships to field six functional fleets. It was fun while it lasted I guess...

Just turtle it up and consider it a dead field. If a single fleet holds off an attack, the opponent won't clear it because there isn't enough ships for cleanup. It's stupid and it makes GAC even less fun, but it's apparently what CG wants.
  • Options
    nottenst wrote: »
    This increase makes sense to me, we had a leak that came true that ended with another capital ship around the corner (Nihilus supposedly, but I can see that being changed)

If we are getting a new meta capital ship, I can see the need to increase to 3 defenses, and why they introduced two tanks for FO and Raddus to round those two fleets up

Those two tanks still don't fill out the FO and Resistance fleet. There is a tremendous lack of available ships.

If we were actually getting that capital ship and another dozen ships to support that and what we have right away, then I can see them increasing it in a few seasons. But starting with next season with what we currently have seems absurd.

Finalizer is it’s own offensive fleet

Male, Nego, Rebels are also full fleets

You have raddus too and an thrawn led fleet too

It also raises importance on getting the **** ship that everyone was saying is passable

We have 3 for offense and defense but little to no room for error depending on how you set defenses

This single post points out specifically why the vast majority of the community is against this change. You list Finalizer, Mal, Nego, Rebels, Raddus, Thrawn, and Exec. Thats 7 fleets; meaning if you drop 1 ship battle, you have 1 shot at a cleanup. If the clean-up fails, or you drop a second battle, you have no chance of clearing the ships zone because you will simply run out of ships. Not to mention the Raddus fleet isn't full, and you will basically need to underdog every fleet battle in order to have enough standard ships to even be able to utilize all 7 capital ships. Adding another capital ship tot he game solves nothing. Considering there aren't enough ships in the game currently for the 7 capital ships you mentioned above, adding another capital ship will just stretch fleets even thinner.

Can we maybe get advanced farming on ships as well, like we have with toons? Maybe another full week of all double-drops to give people a chance to get ships and their pilots to a usable level since we are basically going to need every single ship in the game to try and make this work?
  • Options
    Definitely need accelerated drops on ship shards now....just no way people can keep up with this on a 6 month long farm + the pilots + gear, while somehow building out their other squads.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Definitely need accelerated drops on ship shards now....just no way people can keep up with this on a 6 month long farm + the pilots + gear, while somehow building out their other squads.

I'm afraid that in CG's eyes, this is a feature. After all, there is a surefire way to accelerate all that...
  • Options
    Personally, I don't have a problem with another fleet being required. But this does set a precedent for ever expanding requirements for GAC defence placements overall, which is a bit concerning.

That increases the likelihood of stagnation for players in lower leagues/divisions, with lower rewards.

Right now there is a path to kyber for a new player. It's a very long and hard path to be sure, or a massively expensive one, but there is a path. Focus farm about 18 squads, trying your best to first get the squads with longevity (which is pure guess work really). While doing that also get the 4ish new squads which are (power creep, so better) going to be released while you do this farming. After about 3 years (or faster for a big spender) you'll have 22 squads for the kyber league.

But, if they just keep adding more and more squads to the defence for each league, then the long farm will get you no where. Also playing GAC will be a major time suck.

Maybe this doesn't signal more and more teams for every aspect of GAC. I sure hope it doesn't.

I sure hope it does ! Not improving the number of slots is a sure path to boredom imo. If you don't, sooner than later players will have 22 geared up meta teams, and the only variance would be 1 team every 3 months when a new meta team will replace an old one. More slots than I confortable with wil make farm choices more difficult and so, more fun imo. Just like this new fleet slot. I now wonder if I should use resources to gear the sister piloting the interceptor, which was a clear no before that.
  • Gavsta
    202 posts Member
    Options
    Hmmmm 🤔 .... I dunno.... there's two thoughts I have about this.
    1) People can no longer just put Executor down & win fleets...
    But...
    2)... and more importantly... we don't have enough ships to viable have 6 full fleets without undersized or using at least one garbage fleet.

I just hope one or two capital ships are on the horizon with a load of ships to support them, but also fill in the fleets that exist to make 3 ships on defence (& offence) viable.
    The Resistance & FO tanks (as well as the new Tie ship) are steps in the right direction, but for me, only to make two ships on defence/offence more viable for variety.... now... with 3 ships, it'll return us to the same problem.... not enough viable fleets.