[MEGATHREAD] Road Ahead: June 2022 - Datacrons

Replies

• Paahn
    10 posts Member
    Options
    My feedback is, DO NOT PUT STEADFAST RETRIBUTION IN GAC. JUST DONT.
    Ωmega Kekw. Leader of Dark K?R. Maximum content provider. Enjoy it.
  • Options
    "We’ll start off with establishing the improvements we’re adding to the game with this release"

Goes on to list no improvements
  • Options
    You're not going to believe this, but the people on the forums are being overwhelming negative about something

Maybe because CG constantly do negative things? Maybe because they are so insanely lucky they have the Star Wars IP attached and if this game didn’t have Star Wars attached it would have failed 5 years ago?

Every addition CG creates is purely to either continuously move progression goalposts or rinse money from people. It says a lot that most of the time on this app isn’t even playing the game, but doing mundane farming/progression crap. And they don’t change cause people like you defend their ****
  • Krjstoff
    633 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    So, Mods v.2.0… except they don’t stay around, they are gates for specific factions and relic levels, they have built in dimishing returns over time, and they require us to repeatably play more conquest nodes that we already hate grinding?

Are you kidding me? This is what a billion dollar profit game presents us with?

I had to go check the date, but no, it wasn’t april 1st… sadly.

It’s sad that you are so tone deaf, CG.

We want new raids, even TB reskins, squads for fleet, more regular ships, sim for HSTR, easing the gear/relic crunch, cheaters caught and banned, a sandbox mode to play around and theory craft, bugs fixed (!!!!!!!) - and we’ve been vocal about some of it for years!

Come on…
  • Options
    Serious question: With GA being "skill based" now, this boosts specific factions that some people may not have enough time to actually farm in time to use the datacrons. For example, the first set you mentioned Inquisitorius, Galactic Republic, and Resistance. If I go up against someone who has farmed these factions, and I haven't yet, I'm at a huge disadvantage. This isn't skill though, and could potentially be a difference maker in GA matches. If you get matched with someone with those specific factions, and you don't have them, are you just out of luck? Will any adjustments to the ranking process to be made to account for datacrons?
  • Dianora
    119 posts Member
    Options
    This isn't interesting to me at all. If you want to make old factions relevant, do it by releasing exciting new characters like Dash Rendar, Kyle Katarn, Iden Versio, and Admiral Raddus. Not by buffing JMK squads.

Also, as a sub 4M player, seeing both that more mats will be available in HM Conquest and that you're going to need to use Conquest energy to farm them is a one-two punch to the gut. I'm one of the players who enjoy conquest. I have my strategy for hopefully hitting Red chest on normal for the first time ever next time all planned out. But every decision recently just says "This game is not for players who haven't been here for two years or want to spend $$$" and that makes me sad. Real vulture capitalism moves.
  • Drathuk916
    631 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Honest questions:

In gac or tw, if a person changes a datacron after lock which datacron will we see on our opponent when inspecting the opponent?

Will generalized stats we are currently used to inspecting include the bonuses from datacrons or do we have to add those in ourselves to fully understand what we are facing?

When a set, like set 2, only has ls or only ds faction bonus options is it still possible to roll the alignment that has zero faction bonuses?

How many datacrons per set can you have? How many do you think the average player will have? How many re-rolls do you expect an average player to do?
  • Options
    Pretty disappointing that this garbage is what you all have been working on instead of giving us, at the very least, the simple gear economy changes that where promised. Figured you'd hold off on the Relic 10 announcement lest even more people quit than are already going to?
  • Options
    Great! I needed my JMK to be more powerful lol

This must be some kind of joke
  • Options
    Fleets! We want SQUADRONS in fleets, like SQUADs in characters!!! WE NEED THEM! Can we please get them?
  • Stish
    31 posts Member
    Options
    As if planning out tw and gac match ups wasn’t complicated enough. Now we have to monitor these datacrons as well.

I don’t know of anyone that wants this. CG had to write a short novel just to try explaining them.

Why would any of us want to spend our already stretched resources on something temporary? What a joke! I really hope this starts a mass exodus, that might be the only way cg learns to value its customers.
  • PumaK
    301 posts Member
    Options
    This Road ahead have the awesome ammount of 0 real improvements and 0 work done on their fake promises.
  • Peempo
    403 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Boy this sounds like it will exacerbate an already rampant cheating problem in PVP. Real cheat detection and action when? After our 4th set of datacrons can be dismantled? smh
  • SE79
    1 posts Member
    Options
    Dear CG, not only did no one ask for this, but we didn't ask you to continuously punch us in the face. We spend money to support you, we spend countless hours supporting your game, use outside businesses just to be able to run our guilds and you still find a way to slap us I. The face.
    Shame. On. You.
    You should all feel bad about yourselves. You have made this game so unapproachable to new players, pushed away old players, and have repeatedly reminded us that we are all just cash cows for you. I love SW more than any other IP on planet earth and I feel ashamed to support you. I stopped my 100$+ a month support for your game 2 months ago and now you make me wish I never spent a penny to begin with...... shame. shame. Shame.
  • Options
    If you like and use swgoh.gg for counter research that feature set on the site is about to be worthless.
  • Options
    Classic CG. People completely hate the updates when its leaked and still moves forward with the change. To put the cherry on top, they put the mats required to benefit from this new system in a game mode that everyone hates playing. Conquest is way to grindy, unfun/overturned, and its to the point that people pay others to do it for them. It will also flip this whole "skill" matchmaking for GAC upside down and make tons of people suffer crystal wise while trying to figure this out. Cant wait to see how many more people are going to exit the game now.
  • Options
    Just when you thought they couldn’t make a worse road ahead, we get this one. Total trash and disappointing. Rotten tomatoes scores this RA with a 1%…
  • avihas
    250 posts Member
    Options
    Ryuseiken wrote: »
    Seriously?! Only TWO things in a Road Ahead post?
    What about the part 2 of the Gear changes promised almost a year ago?
    What about quality of life stuff? No more mod limit on the inventory, pre-set fleets?
    A new raid for ships?
    A New Game mode maybe? A new map for Territory Battles, like Endor, Coruscant, Scarif, the bathroom in the Death Star, for God sake...

Sometimes I wonder why I keep playing this

No mate, it's even worst.
    The Grand Inquisitor was in the last RA too. Meaning not only they fail to deliver him in time, but also try to re gift him now...
  • Options
    Um I thought the idea is to boost some underused chars and factions so the investment will not be in vain?
    Why buffing those overpopulated chars more further?
  • PumaK
    301 posts Member
    Options
    Liklik113 wrote: »
    You're not going to believe this, but the people on the forums are being overwhelming negative about something

Let them make a new raid and let's see how much negativity there is. Yes there are always complainers but don't ignore what it is that people are complaining about and is it justified.

New Raid? That's fun because they tell time ago they don't want to work on a raid that can be beated by players some time later of release...
  • Options
    Can this be one of the Road Aheads that introduces a bunch of stuff that never actually gets implemented, please?
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    Let me get this straight... How the hell does CG define a Meta team ? When it is ever changing every month?

I spent money on this to get ahead. We all spent resources to get ahead, chasing that "Meta" team. Now this whatever cron is here to mess it up?

So if I am reading this right. A R5 SE team without this trash can / may lose to a phoenix R5 team with that cron thing? Because CG don't do testing and we need to test it for u in GAC / TW.

Lastly, why should anyone spend on this game? When this thing moves it ard every month!
  • Options
    I expected this road ahead to include updates about the gear promises, to compensate for the datacron debacle. But no. Nothing good.
  • Options
    Anyone who was on the verge of quitting this game CG has just hit the nail on the coffin. I don’t understand why you have a forums page if your not going to listen to the community.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Also for a June road ahead, this is lacking everything that the player base wants. This is just a monthly update. So if CG really want to keep the Player base, CG better work on a version 2.0, for this is the 2nd trash road ahead apart from that trash art appreciation garbage when rey is released

Oh where is the art for this cron? So wanted to know how the designers did it
  • Options
    Thanks for nothing CG guess I'm just going sandbag in GAC now. Sorry to anyone with less GL's than me in GAC. This isn't fun, cool or helpful. WE NEED GEAR not more new things to grind for.
  • Options
    Also JMK will now become near unbeatable. This character does not need a buff of any kind.

blml4uedjy6s.jpeg
  • Byrdka
    74 posts Member
    Options
    Can we fix relic/gear grind before we pile on? This feels more like a chorus and less like fun.
  • P_troz
    15 posts Member
    Options
    So my question is simply why? Nothing in this post told players why they should be excited for this new feature. What is there for players to look forward to? A road ahead that addressed concerns over rampant GAC/TW cheating, an update on your post about gear - those 2 things would've satisfied many but instead we get yet another currency to manage.