Datacron Set 4 + Feedback Response Information [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you feel

Thank you for taking time to make a comment. The community loves communication from you guys. It lets us know your reading our feedback. We need more of this.
  • Options
    When are you scrapping this terrible idea that your player base does not want?

Who made up the fake feedback in the latest news post?
  • Options
    So yeah, now we know what entails out of datacrons exhibition phase. And there's zero comments on gl's getting datacrons going forwards, we just got a new one.
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    12thParsec wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    StAugJames wrote: »
    Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you feel

I’m glad you guys “listened” to the community and did the opposite. This batch of DCs you are releasing did nothing to make things better.

Really?

I've seen people complain about managing 3 sets is too much

I've seen people complaining about the cycle of datacrons is too short

I've seen people complaining that one month to farm a set is too little

They addressed all those, with exact quotes of community complaints

I agree they addressed several problems and they are good changes. However I do think they ignored some of the bigger changes that are needed. Yes one can say in due time they will implement more, but it could also mean they don’t agree with the player bases feedback. My biggest gripe right now is GLs having DCs. They were OP to begin with now there is no chance for F2P to compete in this game.

I think now is a good time to suggest what those bigger changes are that CG needs to implement

Personally, I think GLs should be affected by datacrons until we see Level 9 abilities for SLKR and Jabba, i am very curious what CG will do for those two GLs out of curiousity / interest point of view

But i do agree its too much for GLs to benefit from datacron modifiers for L3/L6/L9

I think its fine if they get stat bonuses though
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    A vast majority of people, that I’ve seen, here, Reddit and on YouTube all hate datacrons. Where the response to that?

They won't get rid of datacrons, they are here to stay

Instead of asking for the impossible, you should focus on, "okay, what can CG do for us, to make them tolerable and acceptable?"

If you gave feedback regarding that, you would've seen it this update, probably

If a good amount of the player base ignores them and doesn't use them like myself I can guarantee you they'll go away

Not really

lets assume the following

everyone but 10 players ignore it

- CG chooses to get rid of them
    Nothing changes, everyone wasn't engaging except for 10 people, CG isn't making money out of datacrons

-CG chooses to keep them
    CG is making a profit by having the 10 people spend on them

Even if no one but 10 people use it, CG is still making some amount of money vs no money so why would they get rid of it?
  • Options
    Hands up who likes Datacrons? . I have a 9 million GP account and I think Datacrons have killed GAC. All that pain and time and Money that went I to build, farming, leveling all those counters and now they simply dont work. I used to really enjoy GAC the game mode was a the best thing to happen to swgoh triumphed only by the monumental failure of introducing datacrons. No one in my guild has anything good or positive to say about datacrons. They have turned the best game mode and biggest reason people play into the worst game mode. Their is no fun in farming datacrons, no fun in unlocking them, or activating them. They have taken all the fun out of Gac. If CG don't do something about this I'm truly done playing this game.
  • Options
    exar_kun22 wrote: »
    I have a 10m gp account , i dread to think how much i have spent on this game in money and in time . Spent hundreds on profundity then they put back release date so it was wasted money didnt need to rush. The crowning **** are these awful datacrons that are making my previous spending null and void as i bow cant beat a super crazy datacron. From today i am free to play won’t spend a penny more on this game . CG are THE worst game devs out there and just dont listen to feedback . RIP swgoh

I can't stand datacrons they are the bane of my life, they are the worst thing to happen to this game. Please just remove them from game I hate them... Absolutely detest them. Absolutely awful idea.
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    A vast majority of people, that I’ve seen, here, Reddit and on YouTube all hate datacrons. Where the response to that?

Instead of asking for the impossible, you should focus on, "okay, what can CG do for us, to make them tolerable and acceptable?"

If you introduce something to a game, and have to make changes to that thing to make it “tolerable”….it was a bad idea in the first place and should be scrapped. CG makes money when people are having fun….they seemed to have forgotten this.

Can't expect the company to get it right the first time

They need feedback, which is good than doubling down on what they initially released

they could ask a select group of people for feedback before releasing, say a beta program, but they broke the NDA, so...
  • Options

If you introduce something to a game, and have to make changes to that thing to make it “tolerable”….it was a bad idea in the first place and should be scrapped. CG makes money when people are having fun….they seemed to have forgotten this.
    Come on now… making changes to something doesn’t mean it should be scrapped.

They changed the Challenge Pit to make it tolerable.

They changed DSHothTB to make it tolerable.

With so many genuine reasons to hate on Datacrons, you don’t need to hitch your wagon to this bogus reason.
  • Options
    I don't mind them. Whales support the rest of us. They need something to whale on. These are a nice monthly invoice they can collect, so we can all play this game.
  • Options
    They are terrible for the game.
  • Options

Yes, that’s why we all login everyday. To tolerate the game. Fantastic response.

“Why do we all play SWGOH?”
    Players: because we enjoy tolerating the Datacrons. I look forward in two months to tolerating the next batch too.
  • Options
    Screerider wrote: »
    I don't mind them. Whales support the rest of us. They need something to whale on. These are a nice monthly invoice they can collect, so we can all play this game.

Wales can't support a game they have walked away from because of the awful, dreadful introduction of datacrons.
  • Options
    They are terrible for the game.

Terrible is an understatement. They would have to come up with a whole new word to capture just how awful they are
  • Options
    Hahaha... all those cheesy feedback quotes are entirely made-up, right?
  • Options
    Can anyone help find word that captures just how bad datacrons are??
  • Options
    exar_kun22 wrote: »
    I have a 10m gp account , i dread to think how much i have spent on this game in money and in time . Spent hundreds on profundity then they put back release date so it was wasted money didnt need to rush. The crowning **** are these awful datacrons that are making my previous spending null and void as i bow cant beat a super crazy datacron. From today i am free to play won’t spend a penny more on this game . CG are THE worst game devs out there and just dont listen to feedback . RIP swgoh

I can't stand datacrons they are the bane of my life, they are the worst thing to happen to this game. Please just remove them from game I hate them... Absolutely detest them. Absolutely awful idea.

Just set a full GL wall with DCs and ruin the other guys experience in GAC. Do the 10 points and everyone can be miserable. Less time dealing with this Galaxy of Trash. The only reason they are making money now is because of Profundity and Jabba. Datacons are garbage.
  • Options
    I didn't see any feedback that where to get materials was too confusing. And they massively nerfed that, both by what sounds like a substantial reduction of quantity because we will have two Conquests to farm upgrade mats from, and completely nerfing re-rolls to making them unfarmable with the only way to individually increase your supply is to buy them.

Where did this feedback come from? It doesn't appear to be the forums or reddit because it seems like it missed most of the mark here by a country mile.
  • Lumiya
    1480 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Lumiya wrote: »
    I am sorry to say but after I read the new announcement my first thought was: They didn't even have one of those 3 points they made/used that was voiced by the community the most.

- DCs are still active on GLs
    - they have still overpowered stats(especially for toons that don't need them)
    - they are still active in pvp but not pve

Those are only 3 points that I know have been mentioned almost from everyone/ were the most agreed upon. If they would have listened, these would have been the very first points to address.

Edit for typo

They did actually listen to the second point.

Where did they do that? The stats still seem op especially for the toons!
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Lumiya
    1480 posts Member
    Options
    Can anyone help find word that captures just how bad datacrons are??

I started to call them Kackacrons a while ago 🙃
  • Lumiya
    1480 posts Member
    Options
    wharp wrote: »
    Are you saying datacrons aren't fun? You don't like Malgus doing his last special on your toons every turn he takes? :S

These things are the worst thing they ever added to this game.

It is the exact opposite datacron in generals are fun, it is CG job to make ability fun.

What your are saying is just you hate a peticular datacron, and can't find (or don't have) a way to counter it.
    Many people might feel like you for this datacron or other but datacron just break the "skill" matchmaking, there is no longer skill in having the good datacrons.

There never was "skill" in MM since the changes.
  • Options
    I've seen people complaining that one month to farm a set is too little

Do we know that the drop rate is unchanged?

If it takes 2 months to get the same we are getting now, what's the point?
  • Options

They seems to have missed or ignored the “ Datacrons are killing the fun” or “datacrons remove the skill” or “ datacrons are adding too much screen time”.

OK, I have to disagree with this first part. You know what removes the skill? A stale meta where you know with 100% certainty that Team A beats Team B without having to apply any thought. Addressing that by releasing enough new characters to change that meta at a high cadence isn't practical and would be cost prohibitive (particularly when including gear, relic materials, etc) to players.

Now, Datacrons as they are currently implemented are bad. The concept of them to remove that certainty is a good thing though. I am happy to see attempts at incremental change to address this and get the concept to work even if I think the latest iteration is not much better for the reasons the OP indicated.

Unfortuantely, if your feedback is "yuck get rid of them" then I'm sorry to say that while it's going to be heard it isn't going to lead to any constructive change.

Let's instead focus on the actual problems with the Datacrons - making GLs more overpowered is bad; infinite turn loops are bad; negating opposing attacks are bad. This is feedback that may get listened to and lead to improvements in the game mechanic that in its current form is indeed bad for the game.
  • Options
    Oh... all the whales have left. Welp, Last one out, turn the light off.