Datacron Set 4 + Feedback Response Information [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    That's not what the high-end meta was like at all. People would see what countered their defenses and adjust. There were LV comps that made SLK far from guaranteed. Same for the BH counter. There were Rey comps that made SK super risky but still doable.

Now, with DCs, things are more as you described. Rey can be 100% immune to SK counter. JML can 100% counter JMK.

I think you have it backwards when it comes to counters and their viability.
  • Fieldgulls
    421 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Screerider wrote: »
    I don't mind them. Whales support the rest of us. They need something to whale on. These are a nice monthly invoice they can collect, so we can all play this game.

So you are saying the whales wouldn’t spend money on something else new that they come up with? They only plan to spend on datacrons? How about scrap them and come up with something else…instead on doubling down on the worst thing introduced to the game.
  • Lumiya
    1480 posts Member
    Options

StAugJames wrote: »

They seems to have missed or ignored the “ Datacrons are killing the fun” or “datacrons remove the skill” or “ datacrons are adding too much screen time”.

A vast majority of people, that I’ve seen, here, Reddit and on YouTube all hate datacrons. Where the response to that?

Unfortuantely, if your feedback is "yuck get rid of them" then I'm sorry to say that while it's going to be heard it isn't going to lead to any constructive change.

Let's instead focus on the actual problems with the Datacrons - making GLs more overpowered is bad; infinite turn loops are bad; negating opposing attacks are bad. This is feedback that may get listened to and lead to improvements in the game mechanic that in its current form is indeed bad for the game.

They already got more than enough constructive feedback with explanations why certain things are not good and there are even some good ideas floating around. It's already there.

We are all made of star-stuff
  • Options
    Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you feel

Thank you for the laugh and taking the time for you guys to double down on this utter monstrosity.
  • Lumiya
    1480 posts Member
    Options
    Fieldgulls wrote: »
    I don't mind them. Whales support the rest of us. They need something to whale on. These are a nice monthly invoice they can collect, so we can all play this game.

So you are saying the whales wouldn’t spend money on something else new that they come up with? They only plan to spend on datacrons? How about scrap them and come up with something else…instead on doubling down on the worst thing introduced to the game.

Maybe only those whales that want an insta win button.
    If someone wants something like that they don't get that a majority will no longer be interested in playing if a game is loaded with them.
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Implementing Dodge chance as a stat is the first big FU.

Is it?

There is an alignment bonus that inflicts evasion down (-25% dodge on enemy) and accuracy up (+15% on allies) if anyone misses an attack, so that's -40% dodge chance

You can get +70% dodge chance if you roll all max RNG dodges (would require massive amounts of re-rolls)

its 2x10 + 2x20 + 2x30 => 120%

So a 120% Dodge chance LV that does AoEs only (safe cooldown reset) and gains 120% Mastery every turn. Maul adds more Ult charge increase and Candy too. safe cooldown reset should enable DV to go from MM to MM in a loop.
    And I am pretty sure they did not conduct tests if that LV team can even be beaten by anything aside of LV with the same broken datacron.

So far there was no exclusive datacron.

And moving reroll mats to TW only and packs also sucks. And I am sure the good mechanics are yet again behind some big RNG wall as the previous chapters were.

DCs already caused a drop off 10-20% of the playerbase in the 8m+ range that cares for TW. And yes thats mostly spenders.

I am a TW lead of a top 10 guild. And Datacrons did the following:
    - we lost 20% of our players (10), and we lost less than most others.
    - TW planning and offense phase cost 2-3 times as much efford as it was before. Offense instructions alone are so much more complex now.
    - Player burnout is real. Datacrons are so complex that we have to stream defense deployments.
    - I spend a few days every month with a few others to release comprehensive Datacron guidance for our alliance
    - I have a very deep datacron roster. And while I win a lot with it, it does not feel rewarding. It feels like being thrown back to being 12 years old and winning a game by cheating. The feeling is the same, its just so much more expensive. It does not feel good at all.

Moving reroll mats away from conquest now eliminates any realistic chance for a F2P player to get a good datacron.

You could just ask players who have an idea about the game what this implies before you release it.

Even the previously Datacron positive players of my alliance... and they were very rare already... hate chapter 4.

But to not just rant:
    Reducing sets to 2 active at the same time is a good thing. Full blown theorycrafting every month for numerous counters again and again is very painful and feels like wasted time considering the counter is gone in 2.5 months already (gotta get the DCs first before you can test them...)

Almost all of the guys up top play the game for the community. The game is just a vehicle to do something together with your guild and keep your old rusty vehicle in shape. But the road got very bumpy with datacrons. From how it looks you're pushing F2P off the cliff.
  • Options
    Somehow cgs intentions are to make swgoh fun? Lol since when? What have they done to make it fun? No new content, nothing engaging. Lol their intentions are to squeeze us and make money
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    StAugJames wrote: »

I’m glad you guys “listened” to the community and did the opposite. This batch of DCs you are releasing did nothing to make things better.

Really?

I've seen people complain about managing 3 sets is too much

I've seen people complaining about the cycle of datacrons is too short

I've seen people complaining that one month to farm a set is too little

They addressed all those, with exact quotes of community complaints

How about getting rid of them? Why if all things are they choosing this to “die on that hill” for…such a head scratcher to watch so many people leave the game. I wonder how they are justifying the all the churn in the game right now. Are they just covering their eyes and hoping for the best. Just admit the failure and move on. This way everyone can heal and this game can get back to something better.
  • Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Only change that could make datacrons fun is to remove them entirely.

I disagree. making a plan, going into conquest and farming datacrons for seasonal bonusses that shake up the metas a little is a good concept in general.

Not fun is the hard paywall. You don't dump 100 bucks/month at least into DCs and you'll only get a little taste of the fun.
    No fun is giving whales a shortcut with packs and allow them to turn off their brains and undo all their mistakes by throwing money at CG.
    No fun is trying to hit Rey Heir to the Jedi lvl 9, dumping an entire vault on reroll mats and get nothing at all.

rikc62yg61y1.jpg
    1xok57tn2z23.jpg

the 20 and 29 are rerolls I did on the datacron...
  • Options
    I guess I would have to ask, "Why not both?" If you can get continuous income in addition to burst income, I don't see why you'd limit yourself to one or the other.

• Lumiya
    1480 posts Member
    Options
    That's not what the high-end meta was like at all. People would see what countered their defenses and adjust. There were LV comps that made SLK far from guaranteed. Same for the BH counter. There were Rey comps that made SK super risky but still doable.

Now, with DCs, things are more as you described. Rey can be 100% immune to SK counter. JML can 100% counter JMK.

I think you have it backwards when it comes to counters and their viability.

Exactly.

This is a game where everything you plan needs time(or money). You have to use your resources wisely and have to stick to your plan if you want to see improvement while also getting used to and learning about your new projects/ toons.

If now suddenly all that long and hard work and investment is nullyfied because all the established rules/circumstances are changed, then it's just a chaotic mess of a guessing game.

There is a difference between "making things more interesting or challenging by tweaking a few things" and "completely change on a regular basis everything that has been known/ established".

And it's not like you can adapt to those new things and work something out, because they will be gone again soon and be replaced by something new.

You need time to get acquainted with them and just when you start to maybe get a hang of it, they are gone and something new shows up.

• harvestmouse
    892 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    Options

Wales can't support a game they have walked away from

Rugby League?
  • Options
    I guess I would have to ask, "Why not both?" If you can get continuous income in addition to burst income, I don't see why you'd limit yourself to one or the other.

My guess is eventually they will chase off enough players that the game collapses.
  • Options
    No new content is harsh. I hear it often, but I don't understand it.
  • tile
    51 posts Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    I legit want to know who provided this alleged feedback that they are responding to. This "feedback" is probably the devs asking each other over Taco Tuesday lunch in the break room.

Show your feedback source...c'mon now...let's see where this feedback came from
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    While merging a bunch of threads on the same topic, it seems i also merged datacron threads that people necro'd to voice their complaints in, so i made a new thread (this one) to consolidate all the posts about today's post

Apologies for the confusion
  • Options
    Still waiting on an answer about the farming mats. Are we getting the same amount spread over 2 months (i.e. rate halved)? Or are we getting twice as many mats per set going forward?
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    Still waiting on an answer about the farming mats. Are we getting the same amount spread over 2 months (i.e. rate halved)? Or are we getting twice as many mats per set going forward?

i asked but CG has gone offline so remind me to ask again on monday noon EST!
  • Options
    Here's the tell that they're not listening;

"characters who may no longer be in your rotation."

My most powerful datacrons are on SEE, JMK and JML. I do not waste datacrons on characters I don't use because they are a) not relic'd and b) why waste something that takes so much effort on a low-power character? There is no sense in using a datacron on a non-GL when you have GL right there.
  • Options
    Including datacron bonuses for GLs ruins the meta.
    Raw data suggests that whales spent a ton of money on these meta killing GL datacrons. You should too!!!

The r3 requirement makes this completely inaccessible to the majority of players.
    Raw data suggests that spending on relicing toons that have no need for relics on their own increased significantly after the launch of datacrons. Players should relic all toons, preferably with cash.

-CG Community Manager WHYP
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    I am just sad to see they still make the stats physical/special specific instead of just offense/defense/evasion/critical chance.
  • Options

Eliminate their affect on GLs
  • Options
    The r3 requirement makes this completely inaccessible to the majority of players.
    Raw data suggests that spending on relicing toons that have no need for relics on their own increased significantly after the launch of datacrons. Players should relic all toons, preferably with cash.

-CG Community Manager WHYP[/quote]

I completely agree. The bonus for darth vader looked awesome until I realized I would have to bump him up 6 relic levels just to use it. The only squads they datacrons benefit are those I don’t need help on. It would be awesome if they could take some of my G12 squads and help them punch up