Conquest is too difficult!

Prev1345
I play conquest on Normal so it's supposed to be doable. Every single conquest we complain about this and every single time they pretend to hear us and then make things more difficult than the last time.
Why are enemy team stats constantly being increased every conquest? I have both R7 CLS and JKLS teams (at 100% stats) and they cannot beat some of these phase 5 teams. Especially Rey and Traya led teams that I would normally beat if they weren't so overpowered. I have beaten them every single time in the past by using strategy and the right combination of data disks.
I get that they want to promote different strategies and combinations of data disks being used. Then they should add more data disks instead of thinning out the options or replacing them with garbage.
The event isn't fun when you get stone walled by unfair mechanics meant to frustrate players. I'm tired of burning energy on constant losses driven by rng mechanics.

Replies

• Options
    If normal is too difficult, there is an easy mode now.
  • Options
    Starslayer wrote: »

And then it's too easy and I get drastically less rewards. Why is hard mode the new normal?
  • Options
    Engage wrote: »
    I play conquest on Normal so it's supposed to be doable. Every single conquest we complain about this and every single time they pretend to hear us and then make things more difficult than the last time.
    Why are enemy team stats constantly being increased every conquest? I have both R7 CLS and JKLS teams (at 100% stats) and they cannot beat some of these phase 5 teams. Especially Rey and Traya led teams that I would normally beat if they weren't so overpowered. I have beaten them every single time in the past by using strategy and the right combination of data disks.
    I get that they want to promote different strategies and combinations of data disks being used. Then they should add more data disks instead of thinning out the options or replacing them with garbage.
    The event isn't fun when you get stone walled by unfair mechanics meant to frustrate players. I'm tired of burning energy on constant losses driven by rng mechanics.

Both of the teams you noted are terrible against a traya team. They both use out of turn attacks. Part of conquest is requiring a broad roster so you've got suitable counters.

The stats are not higher than last conquest, or the last series, as far as I can tell.
  • Options

Both of the teams you noted are terrible against a traya team. They both use out of turn attacks. Part of conquest is requiring a broad roster so you've got suitable counters.

The stats are not higher than last conquest, or the last series, as far as I can tell.

I must have been lucky not to have to fight them at the end last conquest. I found the last one to be overly difficult as well but I managed without hitting any direct road blocks.
  • Options
    Better grow your roster, conquest is easy.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    LordDirt wrote: »

I wouldn't know what to farm that would be strong enough to work by the next conquest.
  • Options

I wouldn't know what to farm that would be strong enough to work by the next conquest.

I bet it's First Order and Resistance
  • Options

And then it will be different requirements in the next conquest.
  • Ultra
    11515 posts Moderator
    Options

And then it's too easy and I get drastically less rewards. Why is hard mode the new normal?

You either clear conquest with a breeze, or work hard for your rewards like everyone else

You can't have both
  • TVF
    36612 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »

You either clear conquest with a breeze, or work hard for your rewards like everyone else

You can't have both

What if you work hard, fail, and then cheat?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I play Hard mode. Managed to get red crate during Malgus time and this time I just finish all battles without feats. And most of the time I use 3,5 teams: Darth Revan team (r8-9), Triumvirate (r7), Palpatine+Mara (r7-r5) and sometimes Grievous+Wat.

Half (or more) of the success is to choose right discs and use them with the right team. And change them if needed. And use stimulants and medpacks etc. if enemy is too hard.

And if the mode is too hard to move at all... Well, no one said that it should be finished by everyone 🙈
  • Ghost666
    329 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    I have been clearing NORMAL with 4 teams...and i think i could do it with only two...one DARK and one LIGHT.
    Sith Empire (DRevan) - Empire(Palpatine) - Jedi(Revan) - GalacticR(Padme)
    I cannot do all the "quests" as they require teams i dont have...but for the "basic" conquest these team have been working fine. (All RELIC, not necessary to be R7)...BEAR IN MIND, i try to avoid JTR and Geo teams as they always take more effort...
    No point is Relicing the ones used on this conquest (Resistance and First Order), as next conquestwill be different :) (Actually it changes after 3 repetitions)
    I am waiting for a GL before i go for HARD mode...

• Rius
    368 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    Options

I think you just need a third squad to help when CLS or JKL are struggling to counter.

My go to which allows me to complete sector 5 hard with a limited roster is:

1. Padme, AT, GK, JKA, CAT (without CAT any GR character can be used such as Shak).
    2. GAS 501st (can get through anything but with fives sacrifice less stars than padme on challenging battles)
    3. GG sep droids
    4. JKR, Bindo, Bastila, GMY, Shak.

Other squads are viable, so I would chose the squad you wish to work on based on other prioritise such as GL grinds or GAC.

Not sure what Data disks you use, probably similar as most of my alliance uses something along these lines but I pick up multiple AA or ZA and 1xVA. ZA is still useful for characters such as Echo, Padme and Bindo but most prefer AA.
  • Silcrow
    53 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    Options

In my humble opinion as soon to be 1.8 m player. Conquest is boring. Rewards are not worth for effort of 2 weeks(ı mean easy conquest rewards and first few crates of normal) Extra feats and stats of the enemy teams also makes it unuseable as a research for other game modes (like, a counter that normally would work against a certain team doesnt work due to that feats) I assume the majorty of people that likes "conquest" doesnt actually have fun doing it and just does it to get rewards. Such game modes should be fun. not tedious. IT would be few times better if all the teams had few more relic levels and zetas instead of that op feats, at least it could be usefull for counter searches and GAC Practice.
  • TVF
    36612 posts Member
    Options
    Conquest is the best thing in the game right now.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

giphy.gif?****=ecf05e47gxtyyt5knmyqxbnbbknktjrjrh4uj1y0v6yozuci&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options

Disagree but i can see why a person would love it.
  • Options

Don't know what your roster looks like, but having at least one GL helps tremendously in general, regardless of whatever specific factions any cycle happens to focus on. My alt has been getting the second best hard crate since April, on pretty much just SLKR and GAS.
  • Options
    Silcrow wrote: »
    Such game modes should be fun. not tedious. IT would be few times better if all the teams had few more relic levels and zetas instead of that op feats, at least it could be usefull for counter searches and GAC Practice.
    I have fun because i have to plan a bit of economy, a LOT of squad lineups and manually play a lot of matches. IT IS my favorite game mode at the time. This week i have weak Resistance and FO squads, so i wont be able to max it...but having fun doing the best i can...
    I somewhat agree with the second part...but you would also have to remove the POSITIVE buffs for what you suggest...and they are kind of fun to colleect and look for...so not so sure.
    I do get annoyed when the opposition plays for 1 full minute or more...and i have to use the buffs that allow my team to survive it...

• Options

Nothing new about that. Sounds like you'd be better off with Easy mode
  • Options

6tmx7n.jpg

CG: WAI.

6tmxen.jpg

• Options
    I assume the majorty of people that likes "conquest" doesnt actually have fun doing it and just does it to get rewards.

I like boss and mini-boss battles, i dislike farming boring feats.
  • Options
    I assume the majorty of people that likes "conquest" doesnt actually have fun doing it and just does it to get rewards.

Boss battles are quite fun tbh. They are better than scary jawa teams.
  • Options

Nothing new about that. Sounds like you'd be better off with Easy mode

Why would anyone in their right mind want considerably less rewards? I have been doing Normal since the very first conquest. My complaint is having to deal with unbalanced changes and horrible rng mechanics. These battles would be an average difficulty if the enemy characters didn't get a major stat boost every other conquest.
    My teams are getting better and my roster is expanding. I expect things to get easier, not harder.
  • Options

Boss battles are the best thing going in conquest.
  • TVF
    36612 posts Member
    Options
    The stat boosts don't change.
  • Options
    The stat boosts don't change.

Can you show proof of that? If that was true then the exact same teams shouldn't be noticeably harder and faster from one event to the other. They have never been this fast or hit this hard and they have never taken turns out of order like this before Overprepared was introduced.
    If my teams are getting stronger and I've continued to upgrade their relic levels and mods, then those exact same battles should be easier the next time, not harder!
  • TVF
    36612 posts Member
    Options
    The proof is in game.
  • BobaFettish86
    599 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    Options

I generally agree apart from the repetitive feats and the game crashing when the AI Starkiller throws his fancy barrel. It's nice that the timer continues to count down and the forfeit function doesn't work so I have to reload the game.
  • Engage
    267 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    The proof is in game.

Then show it to me. Send me a screenshot of enemy stats in Conquest. I'll wait.
    There is no logic behind what you're claiming because unless you are a developer then you wouldn't be allowed to reveal that sort of stuff on the forums if it wasn't part of an official announcement.
    Post edited by Engage on