Conquest is too difficult!

Replies

• Options
    Larx wrote: »
    I think R8 materials can be bought in store too.
    There was a time u could do that if i remember correctly
    I included that in the post
  • Options
    Engage wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    The sector bosses and mid bosses are the only thing fun about conquest. The stupid rule changes to make players waste energy are not.

What rule changes?

The rules where it tells you to equip 4 star mods. Or where you need to kill characters in a certain order or not kill them. It's never specific about who's character needs to survive when it tells you they must. Do you need to add them to your team and have them survive the round or do you need to keep the opponent alive?
    Lol, there aren't any rules like that on the non-boss modes

Then I don't know why people keep bringing up the boss nodes.

I mentioned the boss nodes because that's the only place where you need to kill charcters in a certain order & you said that you enjoyed the boss sectors. No where else does what you claim happen actually occur.

I have no idea what you are referring to when you mention "4 star mods"
  • Options
    The rules where it tells you to equip 4 star mods. Or where you need to kill characters in a certain order or not kill them. It's never specific about who's character needs to survive when it tells you they must. Do you need to add them to your team and have them survive the round or do you need to keep the opponent alive?
    There is no rule telling you to equip 4 star mods. In a thread where the credibility of your claims is being disputed, you’d be best advised to not just make things up.

And it is absolutely specific about which character needs to survive. In the current conquest, the sector 2 end boss is the only battle with this sort of mechanic, and the description of the modifier says this:

1plqwictpxxs.jpeg

I mean, you can claim that these instructions aren’t specific and that it’s not clear which Poe must survive, but that would bring about the end of the debate on your credibility.

And let’s not forget you’ve already had issues in this conquest with reading and understanding feat requirements: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/258764/sector-4-conquest-boss#latest
    It’s an attempt to understand why you feel the current conquest is harder than the Malgus versions.

The only things that have changed from the Malgus conquests to the Swolo conquests are:
    - the feats
    - the available data disks
    - the boss / mini boss nodes

The overall difficulty has not changed.
  • Options
    There is no rule telling you to equip 4 star mods. In a thread where the credibility of your claims is being disputed, you’d be best advised to not just make things up.

And it is absolutely specific about which character needs to survive. In the current conquest, the sector 2 end boss is the only battle with this sort of mechanic, and the description of the modifier says this:

1plqwictpxxs.jpeg

I mean, you can claim that these instructions aren’t specific and that it’s not clear which Poe must survive, but that would bring about the end of the debate on your credibility.

It’s written that i’d win if ‘Dameron’ is the only active enemy. There is no enemy called ‘Dameron’. Ergo, i can’t win.

Lawyered.
  • Options
    Well done - top lawyering.

Thankfully, the preceding sentence says “Poe Dameron”, so it is blindingly obvious who “Dameron” is.

Back to law school with you!
  • Options
    Larx wrote: »
    I think R8 materials can be bought in store too.
    There was a time u could do that if i remember correctly

I think Darjelo mentions that in his post but of course you can also get them from, um, Conquest….

….oh. Do we have to start this godawful thread again?
  • Options
    The sector bosses and mid bosses are the only thing fun about conquest. The stupid rule changes to make players waste energy are not.

What rule changes?

I mentioned the boss nodes because that's the only place where you need to kill charcters in a certain order & you said that you enjoyed the boss sectors. No where else does what you claim happen actually occur.

I always call "data disks" mods because they act like mods most of the time.
  • Options

1plqwictpxxs.jpeg

And let’s not forget you’ve already had issues in this conquest with reading and understanding feat requirements: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/258764/sector-4-conquest-boss#latest
    It’s an attempt to understand why you feel the current conquest is harder than the Malgus versions.

The only things that have changed from the Malgus conquests to the Swolo conquests are:
    - the feats

Then why does the feat say to keep Finn alive? If you kill everyone else except him it ends the battle with Poe Dameron and doesn't allow me to get the feat.
  • Options
    Because the feat is for your Finn surviving, which again is obvious to everyone apart from you.

What rule changes?

You will reduce confusion and be much easier to understand if you use the same names as everyone else - the ones the game uses.
  • chpMINIsolo_77
    3103 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    Options

What rule changes?

Well, the only places you need to equip a 4 star disk is for the Stand Together feat in the boss nodes and some of the global feats.

Same exact thing as the previous Swolo conquest
    EDIT in bold
  • TVF
    36772 posts Member
    Options

1plqwictpxxs.jpeg

- the feats

Then why does the feat say to keep Finn alive? If you kill everyone else except him it ends the battle with Poe Dameron and doesn't allow me to get the feat.

The feat is to keep your Finn alive.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Better grow your roster, conquest is easy.

I wouldn't know what to farm that would be strong enough to work by the next conquest.

I bet it's First Order and Resistance

And then it will be different requirements in the next conquest.

Nothing new about that. Sounds like you'd be better off with Easy mode

Why would anyone in their right mind want considerably less rewards? I have been doing Normal since the very first conquest. My complaint is having to deal with unbalanced changes and horrible rng mechanics. These battles would be a breeze for me if the enemy characters didn't get a major stat boost every other conquest.
    My teams are getting better and my roster is expanding.
    Because the feat is for your Finn surviving, which again is obvious to everyone apart from you.

What rule changes?

You will reduce confusion and be much easier to understand if you use the same names as everyone else - the ones the game uses.

I put Finn on my team for that specific feat as well and it did not give me the rewards. It just says Finn needs to survive. There is a Finn on the other team as well. Why is it not specific?
  • DarjeloSalas
    9944 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    Options

I wouldn't know what to farm that would be strong enough to work by the next conquest.

Why would anyone in their right mind want considerably less rewards? I have been doing Normal since the very first conquest. My complaint is having to deal with unbalanced changes and horrible rng mechanics. These battles would be a breeze for me if the enemy characters didn't get a major stat boost every other conquest.

What rule changes?

I put Finn on my team for that specific feat as well and it did not give me the rewards. It just says Finn needs to survive. There is a Finn on the other team as well. Why is it not specific?
    1) when have you ever seen a feat reward you for leaving a character alive on the enemy team?

2) the feat states you have to win with Finn surviving. The modifier, which I screenshotted above, clearly states the conditions you have to meet to win.

The information for this feat is specific, if you pay attention.

When you put Finn in your team, did you win the battle? And if so, did your Finn survive?
    These battles would be a breeze for me if the enemy characters didn't get a major stat boost every other conquest.
    You are bordering on trolling now - I can’t believe you are still insisting there’s some mythical stat boost and I definitely can’t believe you’re continuing to use the words “every other conquest”.

• PeachyPeachSWGOH
    808 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Engage wrote:
    Because every feat where it states "... with Somebody surviving", it refers to your Somebody. The only place where an enemy toon - Poe - needs to not get killed, the text states it in a completely different way.
  • Options
    I’ll take a stab at this now that I’ve seen the conversation going on.

@Engage to be blunt, it doesn’t sound like you have as much of a firm grasp on how Conquest works as you think you do…

For one, data disks are not mods and they shouldn’t be referred to as such. Thats just as confusing as your argument about that Finn feat. Which leads to a second point; any feat indicating “X” character needs to survive it’s blatantly obvious it would be referring to your character.

If these past 2 Conquests where Ben Solo has been the primary reward feel different, it’s because they are. After the next Conquest, it’ll be different yet again. It does look like with you are struggling more with this iteration with your roster than Conquest interactions previous.

Some enemy modifiers are extremely annoying, I’ll give you that, but there are disks that you can pick up or certain teams you can create that allows you to defeat the enemy team more easily.
  • Options

What rule changes?

1) when have you ever seen a feat reward you for leaving a character alive on the enemy team?

2) the feat states you have to win with Finn surviving. The modifier, which I screenshotted above, clearly states the conditions you have to meet to win.

When you put Finn in your team, did you win the battle? And if so, did your Finn survive?
    These battles would be a breeze for me if the enemy characters didn't get a major stat boost every other conquest.
    You are bordering on trolling now - I can’t believe you are still insisting there’s some mythical stat boost and I definitely can’t believe you’re continuing to use the words “every other conquest”.

1) The keycard reward you get for successfully completing the feat.
    2) Reread my last response. I added my Finn to my team and killed all of them while leaving Poe for last so the battle succeeded. My entire team including Finn was still alive and I did not receive a keycard reward. Which made me assume that I was supposed to keep their Finn alive because it did not work for mine. I didn't bother to waste more energy redoing the battle to find out. If I have done everything correctly it sounds like I should have filled out a bug report.
    3) You reread an earlier part of the conversation because we have already figured out that Conquest changes feats and stuff every 3. I've explained my confusion about it already because I haven't been paying attention to feats and end rewards.
  • Options

What rule changes?

2) Reread my last response. I added my Finn to my team and killed all of them while leaving Poe for last so the battle succeeded. My entire team including Finn was still alive and I did not receive a keycard reward. Which made me assume that I was supposed to keep their Finn alive because it did not work for mine. I didn't bother to waste more energy redoing the battle to find out. If I have done everything correctly it sounds like I should have filled out a bug report..

Did you use the right Finn? Because I had no issue completing that feat and getting its reward.
  • crzydroid
    7384 posts Moderator
    Options
    I'm beginning to wonder if OP is really even talking about Conquest at all, and not Galactic Challenges.

What rule changes?

1) The keycard reward you get for successfully completing the feat.
    2) Reread my last response. I added my Finn to my team and killed all of them while leaving Poe for last so the battle succeeded. My entire team including Finn was still alive and I did not receive a keycard reward. Which made me assume that I was supposed to keep their Finn alive because it did not work for mine. I didn't bother to waste more energy redoing the battle to find out. If I have done everything correctly it sounds like I should have filled out a bug report.
    3) You reread an earlier part of the conversation because we have already figured out that Conquest changes feats and stuff every 3. I've explained my confusion about it already because I haven't been paying attention to feats and end rewards.

1)No. Keeping enemy Poe alive is the win condition--not a "keycard reward" or feat.
    2)Are you sure it was Finn and not Resistance Hero Finn you had? Do you have a screenshot or video of it not rewarding you the feat when the conditions have indeed been met? If so, you'll need to submit it as a bug.
  • Engage
    267 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »

What rule changes?

2) Reread my last response. I added my Finn to my team and killed all of them while leaving Poe for last so the battle succeeded. My entire team including Finn was still alive and I did not receive a keycard reward. Which made me assume that I was supposed to keep their Finn alive because it did not work for mine. I didn't bother to waste more energy redoing the battle to find out. If I have done everything correctly it sounds like I should have filled out a bug report..

Did you use the right Finn? Because I had no issue completing that feat and getting its reward.

There's a good chance I might have used the wrong Finn. I only have one unlocked that has just the name Finn.
    Never mind, I went back and checked the feat. I only have the specific Finn it asks for.
  • Options
    I just went back and did it again and got the keycards. I'm not sure why it failed the first time.
  • Options
    "Conquest is too difficult"

Nah, that's called skill issue
  • Options
    I'm not sure why it failed the first time.

I think we already figured that out ;)
  • Options
    Daerovius wrote: »

Skills don't get worse over time. Especially when my team is better upgraded and I have more options and a new CLS team to work with.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »

What rule changes?

There's a good chance I might have used the wrong Finn. I only have one unlocked that has just the name Finn.
    Never mind, I went back and checked the feat. I only have the specific Finn it asks for.
    So this leaves us with 2 possibilities…

1) the devs have singled you out, and decided that you won’t earn keycards for feats even when you meet all the criteria to earn them. They’ve also decided to hit you - and only you - with a clandestine stat increase to make conquest harder.

2) the person who thought conquests come in pairs, doesn’t pay attention to rewards or strategy, and mistakenly thought the Stand Together feat required you to use a version of Rey as lead, is misremembering the circumstances around the Finn feat as well.
  • Options

Skills don't get worse over time. Especially when my team is better upgraded and I have more options and a new CLS team to work with.

But as we’ve mentioned many times, no thermal detonator disks to work with, something you haven’t even acknowledged.

I just went back and did it again and got the keycards. I'm not sure why it failed the first time.
    Everyone else in this thread knows why.
  • Options
    I haven't acknowledged thermal detonator because all it did was help me kill stuff after a few rounds. That mod does not give extra protection or resistance of any sort. My characters didn't get dropped within 2 hits during other conquests. Not even the conquests where I had complained about Overprepared killing my team after the enemy team took a few bonus rounds of speed before my first turn to wipe me.
    If everyone in the thread knows why then I'm clueless. I put Finn on my team and he didn't die the first time. I beat the battle first try because I left Poe Dameron for last.
  • Options
    I haven't acknowledged thermal detonator because all it did was help me kill stuff after a few rounds. That mod does not give extra protection or resistance of any sort. My characters didn't get dropped within 2 hits during other conquests. Not even the conquests where I had complained about Overprepared killing my team after the enemy team took a few bonus rounds of speed before my first turn to wipe me.
    If everyone in the thread knows why then I'm clueless. I put Finn on my team and he didn't die the first time. I beat the battle first try because I left Poe Dameron for last.
    1) please stop calling them mods
    2) if you kill stuff quicker, they can’t kill you
    3) the explanation for the Finn feat is easy: your memory can be unreliable.
  • Options

I can't kill stuff quicker when it takes turns before me. That effect applied after you hit the opponent. Sometimes it would take me a few rounds to kill certain characters before enough stacks of detonators would kill them. Those same characters can now kill each of my characters in 2 hits when they couldn't before.
    The entire subject of feats and battle modifiers only came up because I mentioned I was annoyed at constantly running into trial and error to figure them out. Or feats that require you to redo the battle to get all of them. The worst offender is the modifiers that require you to not kill an opponent.
    My first time doing that battle I passed it without killing Poe Dameron.
  • Options

I can't kill stuff quicker when it takes turns before me. That effect applied after you hit the opponent. Sometimes it would take me a few rounds to kill certain characters before enough stacks of detonators would kill them. Those same characters can now kill each of my characters in 2 hits when they couldn't before.
    The entire subject of feats and battle modifiers only came up because I mentioned I was annoyed at constantly running into trial and error to figure them out. Or feats that require you to redo the battle to get all of them. The worst offender is the modifiers that require you to not kill an opponent.
    My first time doing that battle I passed it without killing Poe Dameron.

Maybe once per conquest there's a boss node that requires you to not kill the boss. It's a little annoying, but if you just read the modifiers beforehand it won't be an issue. And try to find nodes that you know you can beat to make it easier on yourself.

Regardless of how anyone feels, Conquest rewards those with deep rosters and lots of time and/or money.
  • Options
    Ok I’m done. The fact you can’t accept that you misremembered the circumstances of the Finn surviving feat and are insisting that you had to repeat the battle to get it means it is pointless continuing this.

Good luck in your next conquest - not sure if it’s one that launches straight away (which don’t exist) or one where we have to wait a couple of weeks. Also not sure if it’s one where the devs will randomly increase the difficulty for one particular user or not. Good luck anyway. Remember to do the Sector 2 feat with Finn twice because it doesn’t count for you (just you) the first time. And remember you don’t need to use Rey or Kylo lead when the Force Dyad disk is equipped.

You remind me of another forumer from years ago, I forget their name. They insisted - passionately and repeatedly - that they once fought a NS team in TW, killed Talzin, Spirit and Assaj but timed out on Daka / Zombie; then when they went into a second battle Daka revived the whole team.

I think everyone knows that didn’t happen. But this person wouldn’t drop it and continued to stick to this narrative despite the overwhelming evidence that they had misremembered the details.