Conquest is too difficult!

Replies

• Options
    Engage wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Better grow your roster, conquest is easy.

I wouldn't know what to farm that would be strong enough to work by the next conquest.

I bet it's First Order and Resistance

And then it will be different requirements in the next conquest.

Nothing new about that. Sounds like you'd be better off with Easy mode

Why would anyone in their right mind want considerably less rewards? I have been doing Normal since the very first conquest. My complaint is having to deal with unbalanced changes and horrible rng mechanics. These battles would be an average difficulty if the enemy characters didn't get a major stat boost every other conquest.
    My teams are getting better and my roster is expanding. I expect things to get easier, not harder.

I found it to be exactly the same as the previous Conquest. This series was one of the easier Conquests. You may want to watch Bit Dynasty or some other you tubers, it may improve your choices
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    The proof is in game.

Then show it to me. Send me a screenshot of enemy stats in Conquest. I'll wait.
    There is no logic behind what you're claiming because unless you are a developer then you wouldn't be allowed to reveal that sort of stuff on there forums if it wasn't part of an official announcement.

The modifiers are in the game and they haven't changed.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    The proof is in game.

There is no logic behind what you're claiming because unless you are a developer then you wouldn't be allowed to reveal that sort of stuff on there forums if it wasn't part of an official announcement.
    Can you show me proof they’ve changed the stats?
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options

I wouldn't know what to farm that would be strong enough to work by the next conquest.

Why would anyone in their right mind want considerably less rewards? I have been doing Normal since the very first conquest. My complaint is having to deal with unbalanced changes and horrible rng mechanics. These battles would be an average difficulty if the enemy characters didn't get a major stat boost every other conquest.
    My teams are getting better and my roster is expanding. I expect things to get easier, not harder.

I found it to be exactly the same as the previous Conquest. This series was one of the easier Conquests. You may want to watch Bit Dynasty or some other you tubers, it may improve your choices

This has been the easiest in a while if you have Rey and SLKR.
  • Options

The first 2 GLs, yeah, that was nice 😁
  • Options
    The proof is in game.

The proof is in the fact that the gameplay has gotten harder for the teams I have been using all along and the only explanation for it is the stats I cannot see.
  • Options
    The proof is in game.

Nobody has mentioned anything about modifiers in this entire thread except you. You must be having a different conversation than the rest of us.
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options
    The proof is in game.

The proof is in the fact that the gameplay has gotten harder for the teams I have been using all along and the only explanation for it is the stats I cannot see.

It's not the only explanation.
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options
    The proof is in game.

Nobody has mentioned anything about modifiers in this entire thread except you. You must be having a different conversation than the rest of us.

The modifiers are what increase base stats.
  • Options
    The proof is in game.

That's not necessarily the only explanation. Maybe you found different disks.
  • Options
    The proof is in game.

The modifiers are what increase base stats.

Then you're arguing that if the difficulty has changed for me, then the modifiers have changed. No they haven't. I can clearly see them from one event to the next. I'm battling the same teams, with the same move sets, with the same gear levels, with the same modifiers. Nothing has changed that I can see visually. So what is the only thing in the entire event you cannot see? I also specifically mentioned that the changes seem to happen every other Conquest.
  • Options
    The proof is in game.

None of the disks affect speed unless it's in favor of my characters *after* they attack. Before they make a single move the variables should be the exact same as they were before.
  • DarjeloSalas
    9944 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    The proof is in game.

But if others are seeing no increase in difficulty, how do you explain that?

Or is it just you that can make spurious claims without evidence?
  • Options
    The proof is in game.

None of the disks affect speed unless it's in favor of my characters *after* they attack. Before they make a single move the variables should be the exact same as they were before.
    Really? But disks can have a huge impact before your characters move, limiting your explanation to speed and speed alone is ignoring the majority of the interaction of disks

- They can inflict the enemy with debuffs just because they took a turn.
    - They can massively increase your characters’ endurance and ability to withstand the opening barrage
    - They can actually partially heal your characters when they take damage.

And I repeat: you’re the only person I’ve seen insisting that Conquest is harder this time than before. Everyone else recognises that the difficulty is unchanged. How do you explain that?
  • Options
    The proof is in game.

How can you assume that others have seen no increase in difficulty? It's the exact same argument.
    Btw, how many GLs do you own? So far most people commenting on here that have claimed to not see a spike in difficulty have also mentioned having a few GLs for an easy win every time. They are also most likely playing on hard mode because why wouldn't they. There is no comparison. GLs have the ability to negate most damage and debuffs and are the fastest characters in the game.
    If my characters and my mods have been getting stronger then why do the battles keep getting more difficult?
  • Options
    The proof is in game.

Really? But disks can have a huge impact before your characters move, limiting your explanation to speed and speed alone is ignoring the majority of the interaction of disks

- They can inflict the enemy with debuffs just because they took a turn.
    - They can massively increase your characters’ endurance and ability to withstand the opening barrage
    - They can actually partially heal your characters when they take damage.

And I repeat: you’re the only person I’ve seen insisting that Conquest is harder this time than before. Everyone else recognises that the difficulty is unchanged. How do you explain that?

My case and point exactly: https://swgoh.gg/p/343174317/characters/
    I find it so very hypocritical that someone who has nearly everything unlocked and is working on their 7th GL could come on here and pretend that you're playing on the same level as me.
  • Options
    The proof is in game.

How can you assume that others have seen no increase in difficulty? It's the exact same argument.
    Btw, how many GLs do you own? So far most people commenting on here that have claimed to not see a spike in difficulty have also mentioned having a few GLs for an easy win every time. They are also most likely playing on hard mode because why wouldn't they. There is no comparison. GLs have the ability to negate most damage and debuffs and are the fastest characters in the game.
    If my characters and my mods have been getting stronger then why do the battles keep getting more difficult?
    How can I? Because they are saying they haven’t seen an increase in difficulty. I’m surprised I have to explain that.

As for GLs, that’s not relevant because I’ve used several non GL teams throughout conquest to chase feats, including the 2 teams you will be using most of the time. And for Rebels, JKR their gear levels and mods have not been touched for months.

It’s difficult to reason with someone who dismisses everyone else’s views as incomparable and ignores perfectly reasonable explanations that don’t align with their preconceived theory.

So we’ll try one more time: what disks are you using, and are they the the same as you used last time?
  • Options
    The proof is in game.

How can I? Because they are saying they haven’t seen an increase in difficulty. I’m surprised I have to explain that.

As for GLs, that’s not relevant because I’ve used several non GL teams throughout conquest to chase feats, including the 2 teams you will be using most of the time. And for Rebels, JKR their gear levels and mods have not been touched for months.

It’s difficult to reason with someone who dismisses everyone else’s views as incomparable and ignores perfectly reasonable explanations that don’t align with their preconceived theory.

So we’ll try one more time: what disks are you using, and are they the the same as you used last time?

I am using a similar disk set that I have used for the past bunch of Conquests. I always go for the same damage modifiers and the disk that gives enemies bombs after they have been hit. I don't use speed modifiers because they actually make it impossible for me to kill certain characters like Nest and Traya.
    I have not seen a single disk that gives debuffs or increase my characters defenses or do more than a 5% heal when they have been hit. I don't remember seeing them for multiple conquests.
  • Options
    I always see and use Volatile Accelerators, Amplify Agony, Ruthless Offense, and Power mods.
    I tried using perseverance but it weakens my teams by 30% when they rely on attacking out of turn to deal damage.
  • Options
    The proof is in game.

I am using a similar disk set that I have used for the past bunch of Conquests. I always go for the same damage modifiers and the disk that gives enemies bombs after they have been hit. I don't use speed modifiers because they actually make it impossible for me to kill certain characters like Nest and Traya.
    I have not seen a single disk that gives debuffs or increase my characters defenses or do more than a 5% heal when they have been hit. I don't remember seeing them for multiple conquests.
    Those disks exist.
    - Voluntary Vanguard marks your strongest ally and the rest receive 30% less damage. (Stat is for a Green disk)
    - Fierce Persistence sees allies recover 5% health when inflicted with a debuff (Stat is for a Blue disk)

Are you sure about the thermal detonator disk? You have that equipped right now? I haven’t seen that one in this or the previous conquest and I thought it was accepted that they’d removed this disk.

• Options
    The proof is in game.

Those disks exist.
    - Voluntary Vanguard marks your strongest ally and the rest receive 30% less damage. (Stat is for a Green disk)
    - Fierce Persistence sees allies recover 5% health when inflicted with a debuff (Stat is for a Blue disk)

Are you sure about the thermal detonator disk? You have that equipped right now? I haven’t seen that one in this or the previous conquest and I thought it was accepted that they’d removed this disk.

Voluntary Vanguard forces the enemy to only attack the character that has it equipped. When the other team gets to take the first turn my character will die 100% of the time before my first turn has even come up.
    5% health when inflicted with a debuff is completely useless. I tried it and it doesn't do enough to be viable. Half the time I get stun locked or ability blocked and the enemy gets to hit me again to finish me off. It also doesn't negate any damage from attacks.
    As for the last one, I meant to say Volatile Accelerators. I used to pair it up with the bombs but those were removed.
  • Options
    Like I say, my Rebels, which are basically the same as yours, can complete almost any hard node easily, with basically the same disk setup (I don’t use power, I use AAx3, Ruthless swiftness x2, VAx1 and ruthless offence x1).

For your rebel lineup, ruthless swiftness would help you a lot in non-nest nodes.

• Options
    Like I say, my Rebels, which are basically the same as yours, can complete almost any hard node easily, with basically the same disk setup (I don’t use power, I use AAx3, Ruthless swiftness x2, VAx1 and ruthless offence x1).

For your rebel lineup, ruthless swiftness would help you a lot in non-nest nodes.

I've actually been luckier with my damage mods this time around. I can kill most enemies in a single shot if they don't kill me first. It's these past 2 Conquests that seem to be different for some reason. I used to be able to hold out for multiple rounds and most of the time my characters wouldn't die after being hit a few times.
  • Options
    Conquest is boring! The difficulty lies in the amount of willpower it drains from us!
  • Options
    At least there's no datacons in conquest. They'd ruin another game mode with those pieces of garbage
  • Options
    At least there's no datacons in conquest. They'd ruin another game mode with those pieces of garbage

Don't give them any ideas.
  • Options

I’m curious as to what your mainstay teams are… not every squad is going to be good.
  • Options

I’m curious as to what your mainstay teams are… not every squad is going to be good.

Here's my profile.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/951546839/
  • Options
    Shorty + LS Droids + ZA disks. It'll do up anti-assist squads quite a treat.
  • Options

Here's my profile.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/951546839/

A r3 canderous may improve a mandalorian team quickly, but it delays your first gl which would improve your roster a lot more. Don’t try to build r5 teams as long as you don’t have a gl. Your guild will thank you for it, you’ll help them a lot more with a gl even if you don’t contribute to cpit in the meantime. And don’t over-relic characters, especially if you don’t have a gl yet. You don’t need a r6 jkr.

Bottom line: stop improving your teams right now and unlock at least 1 gl.