[MEGA Thread] February Road Ahead

Replies

  • Mohrg
    198 posts Member

    Maul isn't even a Mandalorian and yet he has the Mandalorian tag. Then again, this was so he could effectively lead Mandalorian squads, though there are 2 characters who benefit factions that they aren't in.

    Maul was the ruler of Mandalore, so that should count right?
  • Mohrg wrote: »

    Maul isn't even a Mandalorian and yet he has the Mandalorian tag. Then again, this was so he could effectively lead Mandalorian squads, though there are 2 characters who benefit factions that they aren't in.

    Maul was the ruler of Mandalore, so that should count right?

    That, although I really want to ask why he doesn't have a smuggler or scoundrel tag, since his kit reveal literally says that that incarnation of Maul is the one building a criminal empire.
    Hello there.
  • Right - they said as much. Not to put too fine a point on it Gege - but what tier of HSTR is your guild currently completing? I get the feeling that you're at little while away from having to worry about this since all the legacy raids will still allow whatever team you want to bring.

    Just to be clear...
    I am worried that i cant do anymore "The pit", "Sith triumvirate", "Tank takedown"...

    They say, in the future, raids can't be simmed anymore and limited factions.
    I am worried that the new format prevents many new players from accessing the raids as much as b4.

    I have no problem with "can't be simmed anymore"...but with the "limited factions", 100% not agree...

    Atm...i am this close to do "crancor"...
    Not so long ago, i got my 1st relic-ed character (R3 Darth Vader) and i am trying to bring him to R5.

    When he reaches R5, i can do crancor...

    But what if they decided to ban "empire" faction from doing crancor...
    Dang, i would have to upgrade some1 else...

    Imagine...how much rewards would i lose...
    I should be able to do crancor in a few weeks...then suddently i would have to do it in few months (maybe years, if they decided that crancor can only be done with ewoks)...

    For old players with nearly complete roster, this new format will not effect them...
    But for new players???

    That is my concern...

    Just let everyones use anything they have!

    The irony is that the new system fixes the things you're expressing concern over, you just don't understand how.

    1) No, you won't be able to do all those raids, only the one your guild chooses to run. However, that doesn't matter because they're streamlining the rewards. So if your guild is running STR, you'll still get the rewards you would receive from Pit and AAT.

    2) If you're getting close to bringing a single character to R5, that does not mean you're close to being able to do rancor. That means you're close to having one character getting eaten or two-tapped right out of the gate. Any character needs to R5 to use, it's not "you can't participate until you have a single R5 character". If the rest of guild is in at a similar GP to you, that means you wouldn't be able to beat it, which gets you zero rewards. Regardless, CPit is going away.

    3) Limited factions only applies to new raids, so you don't need to worry about not being able to take what you already have into the Legacy raids.

    4) Once your guild is able to participate in the Krayt raid, you'll be able to choose what difficulty level you participate in on an individual basis, which means that if you don't have the required factions geared up really high, you can just choose a lower modifier. You're basically trading the gear/relic gate of CPit (which you don't seem to have a problem with) for the faction gate of Krayt.

    5) These changes will barely affect new players because they will be in smaller guilds that are still running the Legacy raids, which as I explained in my previous points, are barely affected outside of everyone getting better rewards because they're reworking the reward system.
  • Right - they said as much. Not to put too fine a point on it Gege - but what tier of HSTR is your guild currently completing? I get the feeling that you're at little while away from having to worry about this since all the legacy raids will still allow whatever team you want to bring.

    Just to be clear...
    I am worried that i cant do anymore "The pit", "Sith triumvirate", "Tank takedown"...

    They say, in the future, raids can't be simmed anymore and limited factions.
    I am worried that the new format prevents many new players from accessing the raids as much as b4.

    I have no problem with "can't be simmed anymore"...but with the "limited factions", 100% not agree...

    Atm...i am this close to do "crancor"...
    Not so long ago, i got my 1st relic-ed character (R3 Darth Vader) and i am trying to bring him to R5.

    When he reaches R5, i can do crancor...

    But what if they decided to ban "empire" faction from doing crancor...
    Dang, i would have to upgrade some1 else...

    Imagine...how much rewards would i lose...
    I should be able to do crancor in a few weeks...then suddently i would have to do it in few months (maybe years, if they decided that crancor can only be done with ewoks)...

    For old players with nearly complete roster, this new format will not effect them...
    But for new players???

    That is my concern...

    Just let everyones use anything they have!

    The irony is that the new system fixes the things you're expressing concern over, you just don't understand how.

    1) No, you won't be able to do all those raids, only the one your guild chooses to run. However, that doesn't matter because they're streamlining the rewards. So if your guild is running STR, you'll still get the rewards you would receive from Pit and AAT.

    2) If you're getting close to bringing a single character to R5, that does not mean you're close to being able to do rancor. That means you're close to having one character getting eaten or two-tapped right out of the gate. Any character needs to R5 to use, it's not "you can't participate until you have a single R5 character". If the rest of guild is in at a similar GP to you, that means you wouldn't be able to beat it, which gets you zero rewards. Regardless, CPit is going away.

    3) Limited factions only applies to new raids, so you don't need to worry about not being able to take what you already have into the Legacy raids.

    4) Once your guild is able to participate in the Krayt raid, you'll be able to choose what difficulty level you participate in on an individual basis, which means that if you don't have the required factions geared up really high, you can just choose a lower modifier. You're basically trading the gear/relic gate of CPit (which you don't seem to have a problem with) for the faction gate of Krayt.

    5) These changes will barely affect new players because they will be in smaller guilds that are still running the Legacy raids, which as I explained in my previous points, are barely affected outside of everyone getting better rewards because they're reworking the reward system.

    I was originally going to send this, but then my message went into approval. 🙄
    Hello there.
  • They really didn't think this through too well. If you are completing CPit now, you will be doing the new raid exclusively, especially if there is a new toon or ship attached to it as a reward. If you make HSith and CPit simmable, all the "difficulties or running multiple raids" vanishes. As it is now, we run CPit at a specific time, so now problems there. HSith rotates starting times so that would go away with a sim. This way we would keep all current rewards and lets us work on the new raid without worrying about losing anything.
  • StarSon
    7419 posts Member
    Right - they said as much. Not to put too fine a point on it Gege - but what tier of HSTR is your guild currently completing? I get the feeling that you're at little while away from having to worry about this since all the legacy raids will still allow whatever team you want to bring.

    Just to be clear...
    I am worried that i cant do anymore "The pit", "Sith triumvirate", "Tank takedown"...

    They say, in the future, raids can't be simmed anymore and limited factions.
    I am worried that the new format prevents many new players from accessing the raids as much as b4.

    I have no problem with "can't be simmed anymore"...but with the "limited factions", 100% not agree...

    Atm...i am this close to do "crancor"...
    Not so long ago, i got my 1st relic-ed character (R3 Darth Vader) and i am trying to bring him to R5.

    When he reaches R5, i can do crancor...

    But what if they decided to ban "empire" faction from doing crancor...
    Dang, i would have to upgrade some1 else...

    Imagine...how much rewards would i lose...
    I should be able to do crancor in a few weeks...then suddently i would have to do it in few months (maybe years, if they decided that crancor can only be done with ewoks)...

    For old players with nearly complete roster, this new format will not effect them...
    But for new players???

    That is my concern...

    Just let everyones use anything they have!

    The irony is that the new system fixes the things you're expressing concern over, you just don't understand how.

    1) No, you won't be able to do all those raids, only the one your guild chooses to run. However, that doesn't matter because they're streamlining the rewards. So if your guild is running STR, you'll still get the rewards you would receive from Pit and AAT.

    2) If you're getting close to bringing a single character to R5, that does not mean you're close to being able to do rancor. That means you're close to having one character getting eaten or two-tapped right out of the gate. Any character needs to R5 to use, it's not "you can't participate until you have a single R5 character". If the rest of guild is in at a similar GP to you, that means you wouldn't be able to beat it, which gets you zero rewards. Regardless, CPit is going away.

    3) Limited factions only applies to new raids, so you don't need to worry about not being able to take what you already have into the Legacy raids.

    4) Once your guild is able to participate in the Krayt raid, you'll be able to choose what difficulty level you participate in on an individual basis, which means that if you don't have the required factions geared up really high, you can just choose a lower modifier. You're basically trading the gear/relic gate of CPit (which you don't seem to have a problem with) for the faction gate of Krayt.

    5) These changes will barely affect new players because they will be in smaller guilds that are still running the Legacy raids, which as I explained in my previous points, are barely affected outside of everyone getting better rewards because they're reworking the reward system.

    Just so we're all clear, CG *says* these things are taken care of. Until we see the actual reward structures we have no idea if a player that today is working towards Raid Han, GK and Traya will actually be able to earn all three at once and at the same levels. We also don't know if we'll actually be earning the same (or more) rewards as before. Given CG's track record I expect rewards to receive at least a 33% reduction.
  • GegeGerard24
    420 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    The irony is that the new system fixes the things you're expressing concern over, you just don't understand how.

    1) No, you won't be able to do all those raids, only the one your guild chooses to run. However, that doesn't matter because they're streamlining the rewards. So if your guild is running STR, you'll still get the rewards you would receive from Pit and AAT.

    2) If you're getting close to bringing a single character to R5, that does not mean you're close to being able to do rancor. That means you're close to having one character getting eaten or two-tapped right out of the gate. Any character needs to R5 to use, it's not "you can't participate until you have a single R5 character". If the rest of guild is in at a similar GP to you, that means you wouldn't be able to beat it, which gets you zero rewards. Regardless, CPit is going away.

    3) Limited factions only applies to new raids, so you don't need to worry about not being able to take what you already have into the Legacy raids.

    4) Once your guild is able to participate in the Krayt raid, you'll be able to choose what difficulty level you participate in on an individual basis, which means that if you don't have the required factions geared up really high, you can just choose a lower modifier. You're basically trading the gear/relic gate of CPit (which you don't seem to have a problem with) for the faction gate of Krayt.

    5) These changes will barely affect new players because they will be in smaller guilds that are still running the Legacy raids, which as I explained in my previous points, are barely affected outside of everyone getting better rewards because they're reworking the reward system.

    Thanks for the explanation.

    These are my replies to...

    (1) still get the rewards? I think, i need to play the raid (to contribute some point) with a certain faction that i am not sure that i have, in order to get the rewards.
    So if the guild choose to do a raid that i can''t join all the time (due to faction restriction), I can just be nice and sit in the corner doing nothing.

    (2) with that 1 R5 character, i can join, land 1k dmgs and get the rewards. Atm, at my guild, there are only 20 or so players who can play crancor and they always finish it. I don't mind at all getting the #20 rewards.

    adtfv66pebzb.jpg

    (3) "limited faction" is written below "General Raid Changes Explained" in the link in the 1st post.
    The word "general" worries me!
    Started to play: Oct 30, 2022 --- Ally code: 628-998-777 --- My links: swgoh.gg | youtube | My SWGOH journey | NORDIC KINGDOM is recruiting
  • The irony is that the new system fixes the things you're expressing concern over, you just don't understand how.

    1) No, you won't be able to do all those raids, only the one your guild chooses to run. However, that doesn't matter because they're streamlining the rewards. So if your guild is running STR, you'll still get the rewards you would receive from Pit and AAT.

    2) If you're getting close to bringing a single character to R5, that does not mean you're close to being able to do rancor. That means you're close to having one character getting eaten or two-tapped right out of the gate. Any character needs to R5 to use, it's not "you can't participate until you have a single R5 character". If the rest of guild is in at a similar GP to you, that means you wouldn't be able to beat it, which gets you zero rewards. Regardless, CPit is going away.

    3) Limited factions only applies to new raids, so you don't need to worry about not being able to take what you already have into the Legacy raids.

    4) Once your guild is able to participate in the Krayt raid, you'll be able to choose what difficulty level you participate in on an individual basis, which means that if you don't have the required factions geared up really high, you can just choose a lower modifier. You're basically trading the gear/relic gate of CPit (which you don't seem to have a problem with) for the faction gate of Krayt.

    5) These changes will barely affect new players because they will be in smaller guilds that are still running the Legacy raids, which as I explained in my previous points, are barely affected outside of everyone getting better rewards because they're reworking the reward system.

    Thanks for the explanation.

    These are my replies to...

    (1) still get the rewards? I think, i need to play the raid (to contribute some point) with a certain faction that i am not sure that i have, in order to get the rewards.
    So if the guild choose to do a raid that i can''t join all the time (due to faction restriction), I can just be nice and sit in the corner doing nothing.

    (2) with that 1 R5 character, i can join, land 1k dmgs and get the rewards. Atm, at my guild, there are only 20 or so players who can play crancor and they always finish it. I don't mind at all getting the #20 rewards.

    adtfv66pebzb.jpg

    (3) "limited faction" is written below "General Raid Changes Explained" in the link in the 1st post.
    The word "general" worries me!

    It doesn’t seem like you are understanding what others are saying. Here are two quotes from the road ahead:

    “ We will be limiting the factions you can bring into Krayt Dragon as well as potentially in future Raids. ‘

    And

    “ Existing Raids remain open to same units as before”

    The faction gate is not being applied to legacy raids, only future raids. As of now it is unclear if you’ll be able to participate in Krayt dragon and get the guild rewards if you have 0 of the required units, but at worst you’ll only need to have 1 character to get guild rewards, just like having your one R5 Vader let’s you get in crancor
  • Darth_Sour wrote: »
    bhkru59sr1da.jpg
    So what is the plan with these quests? We all get rewarded them or will be just lose out if we can't finish before the update?

    1vmr1v0zdzto.jpg
    Will the prestigious quests get updated? Pretty sure with the ticket changes 8,400 tickets would be impossible to do?
    x67z6kbrn76k.jpg

    More on quests
    Will these be updated or better yet, just remove the whole rank from raids parts from these quests?
    vu2a3anot4je.jpg
    16ux8gi479lo.jpg
    u5ipsse5s12i.jpg

    CG needs to figure this part...my jedi master prestige needs rank 3 or higher in the tank raid
    @CG_Tusken_Meathead is there a figure for these quests, in the new system?
  • The irony is that the new system fixes the things you're expressing concern over, you just don't understand how.

    1) No, you won't be able to do all those raids, only the one your guild chooses to run. However, that doesn't matter because they're streamlining the rewards. So if your guild is running STR, you'll still get the rewards you would receive from Pit and AAT.

    2) If you're getting close to bringing a single character to R5, that does not mean you're close to being able to do rancor. That means you're close to having one character getting eaten or two-tapped right out of the gate. Any character needs to R5 to use, it's not "you can't participate until you have a single R5 character". If the rest of guild is in at a similar GP to you, that means you wouldn't be able to beat it, which gets you zero rewards. Regardless, CPit is going away.

    3) Limited factions only applies to new raids, so you don't need to worry about not being able to take what you already have into the Legacy raids.

    4) Once your guild is able to participate in the Krayt raid, you'll be able to choose what difficulty level you participate in on an individual basis, which means that if you don't have the required factions geared up really high, you can just choose a lower modifier. You're basically trading the gear/relic gate of CPit (which you don't seem to have a problem with) for the faction gate of Krayt.

    5) These changes will barely affect new players because they will be in smaller guilds that are still running the Legacy raids, which as I explained in my previous points, are barely affected outside of everyone getting better rewards because they're reworking the reward system.

    Thanks for the explanation.

    These are my replies to...

    (1) still get the rewards? I think, i need to play the raid (to contribute some point) with a certain faction that i am not sure that i have, in order to get the rewards.
    So if the guild choose to do a raid that i can''t join all the time (due to faction restriction), I can just be nice and sit in the corner doing nothing.

    (2) with that 1 R5 character, i can join, land 1k dmgs and get the rewards. Atm, at my guild, there are only 20 or so players who can play crancor and they always finish it. I don't mind at all getting the #20 rewards.

    adtfv66pebzb.jpg

    (3) "limited faction" is written below "General Raid Changes Explained" in the link in the 1st post.
    The word "general" worries me!

    1) With the new raid, yes, you'll need to get points. If you look at the "Raid Base Difficulty" section, you'll see they're setting all raids to base difficulty of G10. So as long as you can gear up one of the factions for the new raid that much, you should be ok. Provided your guild chooses to start running that.

    2) You don't need damage in CPit (or any legacy raid) to get rewards. So you don't need to worry about that if your guild *doesn't* choose to move on to Krayt. With the removal of CPit, you also don't need to worry about R5 restrictions anymore, either.

    3) That entire section is General Raid Changes Explained. Look under Legacy Raid Changes. They're not adding faction limitations to them. Also, in Limited Faction Use Per Raid they specifically only mention "Krayt Dragon as well as potentially in future Raids".
  • Ultra wrote: »
    I love restricting factions if it means that CG has to do less testing and allows them to release newer, more unique raids frequently

    less testing than they already do? :p
  • Xel
    18 posts Member
    This is What a RA should be! A clear idea of what to expect in the next 1-4 months , what DEVELOPERS are working on, plenty of room for adjustments In releases and a few surprises to be told later , faction specific events should’ve given lots of heads up and you guys provided it! Listening to community about more PvE content and Cal Kestis ! VERY well done . Easily the best Road Ahead yet! I’m 😊 excited

  • (2) with that 1 R5 character, i can join, land 1k dmgs and get the rewards. Atm, at my guild, there are only 20 or so players who can play crancor and they always finish it. I don't mind at all getting the #20 rewards.

    You complain about not being able to leech anymore? oh maaaan...
  • Stokesy wrote: »
    Darth_Sour wrote: »
    bhkru59sr1da.jpg
    So what is the plan with these quests? We all get rewarded them or will be just lose out if we can't finish before the update?

    1vmr1v0zdzto.jpg
    Will the prestigious quests get updated? Pretty sure with the ticket changes 8,400 tickets would be impossible to do?
    x67z6kbrn76k.jpg

    More on quests
    Will these be updated or better yet, just remove the whole rank from raids parts from these quests?
    vu2a3anot4je.jpg
    16ux8gi479lo.jpg
    u5ipsse5s12i.jpg

    CG needs to figure this part...my jedi master prestige needs rank 3 or higher in the tank raid
    @CG_Tusken_Meathead is there a figure for these quests, in the new system?

    They already said Prestigious Quest steps would be adjusted. Nothing about things like Hyperdrive Bundle quests though, which concerns me... I bought it just for the gear, and got the stupid AAT quest for destroying the turret 10 times. Don't want to have to merc or ask my guild to run that manually (before changes) just to get rid of it...
  • When is the Grand Inquisitor Event coming back? Please and thank you.
  • HT2693 wrote: »
    When is the Grand Inquisitor Event coming back? Please and thank you.

    No later than June would be a safe bet. Probably sooner though.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • I don't like the hard faction requirements on raids. We got ten new or reworked teams last year but, over and over, CG has made the players feel bad if they chose to build anything other than Inquisitorius or Hutt Cartel and this is just more of that.

    Whether it's the number of Scythes required for Rise, the Reva mission, Smuggler's Run II or the other Jabba specials, or just the sheer number of GC and conquest requirements: if you chose to build Sith Empire or 50R-T droids or Profundity or Aphra or Iden or Sana Rebels or Rey... you chose wrong. Sorry. The requirements on Krayt dragon are just a continuation of that.

    It's terrible marketing, too. Why would I invest in Tusken Raiders when Jabba's just better in every game mode AND can do more game modes? Why should I care about Zorii or Trench when I've been told that CK(S) and Fallen Order are going to be required for everything? I would much rather build the teams I want to build based on comparative performance across all modes than have two required teams and eight optional ones each year.
  • Tsfletch wrote: »
    Please tell us where the aeromagnifiers will be at least.

    The only reason to remove CPit is because the Kyrotech bottleneck isn’t effective at higher levels so they’ll create a bigger aero bottleneck than the one that already exists by removing this source. I’m sure they’ll be available through the new raid but drastically reduced in quantity and/or availability. The whole notion that they’re removing CPit and limiting to one raid at a time because they’re worried about us juggling multiple raids is ridiculous and frankly insulting to our intelligence. Why not just enable sim on each older raid in order as new raids become available? We don’t lose anything, CG doesn’t have to worry about us being overwhelmed and there are new challenges available to keep people interested. Easy peasy! Unfortunately the reality is that it’s just another (very) thinly disguised paywall with the aeromagnifier removal and limitation on factions. I get that it’s a business first and a game second but if you’re screwing us over be open and honest about it. If you can’t do that at least put some effort into the excuse.

    No one knows what the restructured rewards will look like - it might be a bit early to assume that they're screwing us over. If they're removing CPit it's more likely that they'll move a few aeros into HSTR and/or put them in lower tier rewards for Krayt. Honestly though, aeros aren't a pinch point - they're only a pinch point currently if your guild is not completing CPit - if you are, then you likely can't farm impulse detectors fast enough to keep up with the aero income, not to mention all the relic mats that lead up to R8. But the point is, we really don't know what they're going to do with the rewards - I think it's premature to start hurling accusations about who is getting screwed, how they're getting screwed, and why they're getting screwed.

    I'm not sure I'm crazy about how they're restructuring the raids - it does seem to me that it would be easier to just enable sims on all the raids that have been completed x number of times - but I do know that players have been complaining about the fact that raids are often more competitive than they are cooperative for a long, long time now. That's been a problem from the very beginning and they're finally addressing it - and from the sounds of it, they've come up with a very elegant solution to that problem. The thing is (as per usual) there's not enough information in the RA to form a solid opinion of what these changes are going to look like. I'm content and quite un-bothered by taking a wait and see position on this.

    You’re cracking me up. Seriously how long have you been playing mobile games? It’s never too early to assume the players are being screwed over. I suppose it’s possible that somehow you’re that one in a million optimist but even if you are you haven’t thought your response through. We are finishing Cpit but…wait for it…that doesn’t matter because Cpit will no longer exist. Why remove it unless you want to reduce the supply of the piece (aeromagnifiers) that it provides? Questions about aeromagnifiers are being ignored which is not a good sign. As far as the supposed problem of raids being competitive rather than cooperative, that’s what sim is for. You said it yourself. This is a lot of effort on their part to “fix” something that wasn’t really broken and already had an easy way to improve it…they could have made 99% of the playerbase happy enabling sim on Cpit and Hsith. You can feel free to be content but I feel the need to push back.
  • Lumiya
    1458 posts Member
    Wow this all reads really good and I am really curious to see how it will turn out.

    I specifically like that from now on you can repeat a run as many times as you want until you are satisfied with your score.

    No more flight mode. I can't count how many times I forgot to turn the flight mode on after a number of tries, so this is a really great change!
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • @CG_Tusken_Meathead
    Will fallen order be its own faction?
    Also will any current characters from fallen order, like 2nd sister, be required for the hero’s journey?
  • Jimster1 wrote: »
    I know it wasn't mentioned in the new raid update. But if you one day release Co b Vanth how will he be able to help in the raid?

    The raid says restricted to characters that have dealt with a Krayt dragon. Cobb vanth helped Mando but technically is not part of any of the factions listed. If he is introduced one day will he be able to participate in the new raid?

    Or because he had mandolarian armor will be added to that faction even though he is not really.

    Maul isn't even a Mandalorian and yet he has the Mandalorian tag. Then again, this was so he could effectively lead Mandalorian squads, though there are 2 characters who benefit factions that they aren't in.

    True but he did lead Mandalore. I guess they can always make new tags. Or just make it so this new character can get in.
    They could add a tatooine tag but that would mean farmboy Luke would need one and he did not fight any krayt dragons.
    Also Anakin wouldn't get the tag because even though he was from tattooie he left to be a jedi. Similar logic to why jkl is not rebel.

    Though that also means Boba getting scion of Jango needs one too but he also did not fight the Krayt. But I guess having the tag would allow a few more toons to partake in the raid.
  • Tsfletch wrote: »
    Tsfletch wrote: »
    Please tell us where the aeromagnifiers will be at least.

    The only reason to remove CPit is because the Kyrotech bottleneck isn’t effective at higher levels so they’ll create a bigger aero bottleneck than the one that already exists by removing this source. I’m sure they’ll be available through the new raid but drastically reduced in quantity and/or availability. The whole notion that they’re removing CPit and limiting to one raid at a time because they’re worried about us juggling multiple raids is ridiculous and frankly insulting to our intelligence. Why not just enable sim on each older raid in order as new raids become available? We don’t lose anything, CG doesn’t have to worry about us being overwhelmed and there are new challenges available to keep people interested. Easy peasy! Unfortunately the reality is that it’s just another (very) thinly disguised paywall with the aeromagnifier removal and limitation on factions. I get that it’s a business first and a game second but if you’re screwing us over be open and honest about it. If you can’t do that at least put some effort into the excuse.

    No one knows what the restructured rewards will look like - it might be a bit early to assume that they're screwing us over. If they're removing CPit it's more likely that they'll move a few aeros into HSTR and/or put them in lower tier rewards for Krayt. Honestly though, aeros aren't a pinch point - they're only a pinch point currently if your guild is not completing CPit - if you are, then you likely can't farm impulse detectors fast enough to keep up with the aero income, not to mention all the relic mats that lead up to R8. But the point is, we really don't know what they're going to do with the rewards - I think it's premature to start hurling accusations about who is getting screwed, how they're getting screwed, and why they're getting screwed.

    I'm not sure I'm crazy about how they're restructuring the raids - it does seem to me that it would be easier to just enable sims on all the raids that have been completed x number of times - but I do know that players have been complaining about the fact that raids are often more competitive than they are cooperative for a long, long time now. That's been a problem from the very beginning and they're finally addressing it - and from the sounds of it, they've come up with a very elegant solution to that problem. The thing is (as per usual) there's not enough information in the RA to form a solid opinion of what these changes are going to look like. I'm content and quite un-bothered by taking a wait and see position on this.

    You’re cracking me up. Seriously how long have you been playing mobile games? It’s never too early to assume the players are being screwed over. I suppose it’s possible that somehow you’re that one in a million optimist but even if you are you haven’t thought your response through. We are finishing Cpit but…wait for it…that doesn’t matter because Cpit will no longer exist. Why remove it unless you want to reduce the supply of the piece (aeromagnifiers) that it provides? Questions about aeromagnifiers are being ignored which is not a good sign. As far as the supposed problem of raids being competitive rather than cooperative, that’s what sim is for. You said it yourself. This is a lot of effort on their part to “fix” something that wasn’t really broken and already had an easy way to improve it…they could have made 99% of the playerbase happy enabling sim on Cpit and Hsith. You can feel free to be content but I feel the need to push back.

    People were absolutely sure that there would be no GET1 rewarded for RotE TB - and when I said, "We don't know that there won't be GET1 rewards" that was received much the same.

    As for questions about aeromags not being answered - how often do they actually answer questions just because someone asks? Almost never. It does happen, but not often. The silence around that means nothing. Just like the silence around GET1 meant nothing.

    Been here over 6 years btw. I've watched CG for that long and yet, I'm still optimistic when they announce things. I know, I'm weird.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    *misunderstood
    Post edited by MaruMaru on
  • I don’t we should worry about Traya shards and aeromagnifiers. New raid currency is coming. Call me optimistic, but putting there every raid-only resource that pre-date the more recent raid would only make sense.
  • Tsfletch wrote: »
    Tsfletch wrote: »
    Please tell us where the aeromagnifiers will be at least.

    The only reason to remove CPit is because the Kyrotech bottleneck isn’t effective at higher levels so they’ll create a bigger aero bottleneck than the one that already exists by removing this source. I’m sure they’ll be available through the new raid but drastically reduced in quantity and/or availability. The whole notion that they’re removing CPit and limiting to one raid at a time because they’re worried about us juggling multiple raids is ridiculous and frankly insulting to our intelligence. Why not just enable sim on each older raid in order as new raids become available? We don’t lose anything, CG doesn’t have to worry about us being overwhelmed and there are new challenges available to keep people interested. Easy peasy! Unfortunately the reality is that it’s just another (very) thinly disguised paywall with the aeromagnifier removal and limitation on factions. I get that it’s a business first and a game second but if you’re screwing us over be open and honest about it. If you can’t do that at least put some effort into the excuse.

    No one knows what the restructured rewards will look like - it might be a bit early to assume that they're screwing us over. If they're removing CPit it's more likely that they'll move a few aeros into HSTR and/or put them in lower tier rewards for Krayt. Honestly though, aeros aren't a pinch point - they're only a pinch point currently if your guild is not completing CPit - if you are, then you likely can't farm impulse detectors fast enough to keep up with the aero income, not to mention all the relic mats that lead up to R8. But the point is, we really don't know what they're going to do with the rewards - I think it's premature to start hurling accusations about who is getting screwed, how they're getting screwed, and why they're getting screwed.

    I'm not sure I'm crazy about how they're restructuring the raids - it does seem to me that it would be easier to just enable sims on all the raids that have been completed x number of times - but I do know that players have been complaining about the fact that raids are often more competitive than they are cooperative for a long, long time now. That's been a problem from the very beginning and they're finally addressing it - and from the sounds of it, they've come up with a very elegant solution to that problem. The thing is (as per usual) there's not enough information in the RA to form a solid opinion of what these changes are going to look like. I'm content and quite un-bothered by taking a wait and see position on this.

    You’re cracking me up. Seriously how long have you been playing mobile games? It’s never too early to assume the players are being screwed over. I suppose it’s possible that somehow you’re that one in a million optimist but even if you are you haven’t thought your response through. We are finishing Cpit but…wait for it…that doesn’t matter because Cpit will no longer exist. Why remove it unless you want to reduce the supply of the piece (aeromagnifiers) that it provides? Questions about aeromagnifiers are being ignored which is not a good sign. As far as the supposed problem of raids being competitive rather than cooperative, that’s what sim is for. You said it yourself. This is a lot of effort on their part to “fix” something that wasn’t really broken and already had an easy way to improve it…they could have made 99% of the playerbase happy enabling sim on Cpit and Hsith. You can feel free to be content but I feel the need to push back.

    People were absolutely sure that there would be no GET1 rewarded for RotE TB - and when I said, "We don't know that there won't be GET1 rewards" that was received much the same.

    As for questions about aeromags not being answered - how often do they actually answer questions just because someone asks? Almost never. It does happen, but not often. The silence around that means nothing. Just like the silence around GET1 meant nothing.

    Been here over 6 years btw. I've watched CG for that long and yet, I'm still optimistic when they announce things. I know, I'm weird.

    Or the silence meant “Our inclination is to not give GET1 but if we hear loud and clear it’s going to be a problem we will reconsider.” Neither of us knows for sure but I’m pretty confident I’m right. It was a major concern which could have been quickly and easily addressed but wasn’t, why leave the players hanging if the intention was always to give GET1? That’s why it’s important not to be blindly optimistic. This isn’t a game, it’s a revenue stream for CG. They’re always balancing how much to give F2P so they can keep the machine running but make no mistake they’re looking at the bottom line not what’s good for players. I’d have been here over 6 also but I quit for a few years then got talked into coming back. You went through the same crap I did so you should know better.
  • Tsfletch wrote: »

    Or the silence meant “Our inclination is to not give GET1 but if we hear loud and clear it’s going to be a problem we will reconsider.” Neither of us knows for sure but I’m pretty confident I’m right. It was a major concern which could have been quickly and easily addressed but wasn’t, why leave the players hanging if the intention was always to give GET1? That’s why it’s important not to be blindly optimistic. This isn’t a game, it’s a revenue stream for CG. They’re always balancing how much to give F2P so they can keep the machine running but make no mistake they’re looking at the bottom line not what’s good for players. I’d have been here over 6 also but I quit for a few years then got talked into coming back. You went through the same crap I did so you should know better.

    What I know for sure, from experience is that what CG does is never as bad as people here on the forums make it out to be. I'm not a fan of everything CG does - but most of the changes that they've brought to the game have been generally good for the game and for the players (DCs not withstanding - but even DCs are starting to win people over). That's not true for ALL of the changes, but it's certainly true for most of them. It's a repeating cycle - they introduce something new, people hand-wring and get all twisted up about it and some of them leave. Then some of them (like yourself) come back because that new thing wasn't as bad as they thought and somehow the game is still fun.

    But the point is - everyone that was getting aeros before, will still have a way to get aeros. I don't know what that's going to look like but I do know CG isn't stupid - they know very well that players won't tolerate back-sliding in a game that's all about progression. To keep this many people playing and paying for a mobile game for this long is no mean feat - they clearly know what they're doing when it comes to game design.

    Now if we could just get them to test things before they release them...
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.

  • My questions about raids:
    1. What happens with characters shards? Could we farm them with previous speed? (~60 Shards/week for all characters)
    2. Will be rotation of the raids? Or all new raids will be available all time?
    3. All new thematical raids will be equal with rewards? Or themathical teams for Krayt Dragon will be not useful after new profitable raid appears in game?
    4. Raid achievements and quests? What's with them?
  • StarSon
    7419 posts Member
    Starslayer wrote: »
    I don’t we should worry about Traya shards and aeromagnifiers. New raid currency is coming. Call me optimistic, but putting there every raid-only resource that pre-date the more recent raid would only make sense.

    Sure, for you and me. It's a valid concern for players that still don't have 7* Traya or a lot of aeros.
  • Tsfletch wrote: »

    Or the silence meant “Our inclination is to not give GET1 but if we hear loud and clear it’s going to be a problem we will reconsider.” Neither of us knows for sure but I’m pretty confident I’m right. It was a major concern which could have been quickly and easily addressed but wasn’t, why leave the players hanging if the intention was always to give GET1? That’s why it’s important not to be blindly optimistic. This isn’t a game, it’s a revenue stream for CG. They’re always balancing how much to give F2P so they can keep the machine running but make no mistake they’re looking at the bottom line not what’s good for players. I’d have been here over 6 also but I quit for a few years then got talked into coming back. You went through the same crap I did so you should know better.

    What I know for sure, from experience is that what CG does is never as bad as people here on the forums make it out to be. I'm not a fan of everything CG does - but most of the changes that they've brought to the game have been generally good for the game and for the players (DCs not withstanding - but even DCs are starting to win people over). That's not true for ALL of the changes, but it's certainly true for most of them. It's a repeating cycle - they introduce something new, people hand-wring and get all twisted up about it and some of them leave. Then some of them (like yourself) come back because that new thing wasn't as bad as they thought and somehow the game is still fun.

    But the point is - everyone that was getting aeros before, will still have a way to get aeros. I don't know what that's going to look like but I do know CG isn't stupid - they know very well that players won't tolerate back-sliding in a game that's all about progression. To keep this many people playing and paying for a mobile game for this long is no mean feat - they clearly know what they're doing when it comes to game design.

    Now if we could just get them to test things before they release them...

    It’s the Star Wars aspect of the game that keeps it alive, not any special innovations or brilliant game design. If it were a generic game it would have died long ago. Yes, there will be a way to get aeros (TW) but most likely they will be reduced. They back slide all the time by doing things like reworking character abilities, taking away sim and removing Cpit. That’s regressive not progressive. They could easily have just added in a new raid, why all the extra effort that they know will **** people off? It’s going to be beneficial to them or they wouldn’t go to the trouble.
  • TVF
    36559 posts Member
    Tsfletch wrote: »
    Tsfletch wrote: »
    Please tell us where the aeromagnifiers will be at least.

    The only reason to remove CPit is because the Kyrotech bottleneck isn’t effective at higher levels so they’ll create a bigger aero bottleneck than the one that already exists by removing this source. I’m sure they’ll be available through the new raid but drastically reduced in quantity and/or availability. The whole notion that they’re removing CPit and limiting to one raid at a time because they’re worried about us juggling multiple raids is ridiculous and frankly insulting to our intelligence. Why not just enable sim on each older raid in order as new raids become available? We don’t lose anything, CG doesn’t have to worry about us being overwhelmed and there are new challenges available to keep people interested. Easy peasy! Unfortunately the reality is that it’s just another (very) thinly disguised paywall with the aeromagnifier removal and limitation on factions. I get that it’s a business first and a game second but if you’re screwing us over be open and honest about it. If you can’t do that at least put some effort into the excuse.

    No one knows what the restructured rewards will look like - it might be a bit early to assume that they're screwing us over. If they're removing CPit it's more likely that they'll move a few aeros into HSTR and/or put them in lower tier rewards for Krayt. Honestly though, aeros aren't a pinch point - they're only a pinch point currently if your guild is not completing CPit - if you are, then you likely can't farm impulse detectors fast enough to keep up with the aero income, not to mention all the relic mats that lead up to R8. But the point is, we really don't know what they're going to do with the rewards - I think it's premature to start hurling accusations about who is getting screwed, how they're getting screwed, and why they're getting screwed.

    I'm not sure I'm crazy about how they're restructuring the raids - it does seem to me that it would be easier to just enable sims on all the raids that have been completed x number of times - but I do know that players have been complaining about the fact that raids are often more competitive than they are cooperative for a long, long time now. That's been a problem from the very beginning and they're finally addressing it - and from the sounds of it, they've come up with a very elegant solution to that problem. The thing is (as per usual) there's not enough information in the RA to form a solid opinion of what these changes are going to look like. I'm content and quite un-bothered by taking a wait and see position on this.

    You’re cracking me up. Seriously how long have you been playing mobile games? It’s never too early to assume the players are being screwed over. I suppose it’s possible that somehow you’re that one in a million optimist but even if you are you haven’t thought your response through. We are finishing Cpit but…wait for it…that doesn’t matter because Cpit will no longer exist. Why remove it unless you want to reduce the supply of the piece (aeromagnifiers) that it provides? Questions about aeromagnifiers are being ignored which is not a good sign. As far as the supposed problem of raids being competitive rather than cooperative, that’s what sim is for. You said it yourself. This is a lot of effort on their part to “fix” something that wasn’t really broken and already had an easy way to improve it…they could have made 99% of the playerbase happy enabling sim on Cpit and Hsith. You can feel free to be content but I feel the need to push back.

    People were absolutely sure that there would be no GET1 rewarded for RotE TB - and when I said, "We don't know that there won't be GET1 rewards" that was received much the same.

    As for questions about aeromags not being answered - how often do they actually answer questions just because someone asks? Almost never. It does happen, but not often. The silence around that means nothing. Just like the silence around GET1 meant nothing.

    Been here over 6 years btw. I've watched CG for that long and yet, I'm still optimistic when they announce things. I know, I'm weird.
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    *misunderstood

    Read these back-to-back posts as you are not weird, you are misunderstood lol.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
Sign In or Register to comment.