Merrin S1 locked behind g12?

124Next

Replies

• Options
    Relic Abilities - color us intrigued
    G12 Abilities - How dare!
  • Options
    I can understand people being upset about Merrin having one of her abilities locked behind G12 and thus her being a 7* character, but it really isn't much of a wall. Also, her ability gate isn't the highest gate we have. Galactic Legends have their ultimate ability gated behind R1.
  • Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Of course they could manage this in another way in the future. If they just made it a 7* unlock then people could take Merrin to g12 as soon as they were able to unlock them, gear being available that is. Would that be a better solution to those complaining about this?

They aren't making money off a 7* unlock.... Why would they do that?

Well this way they could have abilities gated at g12, and people couldn’t complain about not being able to use all the abilities when the toon is still only 3/4* … because you wouldn’t be able to have the toon at 3/4*
    I mean I think it’s a horrible idea, I’m just saying the devs could be meaner if they really wanted.

Also, you can bet they would make money off a 7* unlock, because no matter how high the bar is, some people will pay to have the toon sooner.

I'm not a software engineer, nor am I a game designer..... But, it's fairly simple to see that CG decided in advance that this toon could be a probem if used at low gear with all abilities maxxed, so they took precautions to ensure this didn't happen....

As usual, 99% of the folks complaining would never have spent the money and / or the crystals to advance the toon to 7* anyways.... But DAMMIT, they want to make ther voices heard...
  • Options
    Of course they could manage this in another way in the future. If they just made it a 7* unlock then people could take Merrin to g12 as soon as they were able to unlock them, gear being available that is. Would that be a better solution to those complaining about this?

Well this way they could have abilities gated at g12, and people couldn’t complain about not being able to use all the abilities when the toon is still only 3/4* … because you wouldn’t be able to have the toon at 3/4*
    I mean I think it’s a horrible idea, I’m just saying the devs could be meaner if they really wanted.

Also, you can bet they would make money off a 7* unlock, because no matter how high the bar is, some people will pay to have the toon sooner.

I'm not a software engineer, nor am I a game designer..... But, it's fairly simple to see that CG decided in advance that this toon could be a probem if used at low gear with all abilities maxxed, so they took precautions to ensure this didn't happen....

As usual, 99% of the folks complaining would never have spent the money and / or the crystals to advance the toon to 7* anyways.... But DAMMIT, they want to make ther voices heard...

Yes I wouldn’t have spent money to get her to 7*. However I would for sure have put the gear, zetas and omicrons into her it that ability was G11. Doesn’t mean them making the G12 gate a thing for marquees is ok in my eyes.
    Screerider wrote: »

Marquee character =\= a GL…
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

Yes I wouldn’t have spent money to get her to 7*. However I would for sure have put the gear, zetas and omicrons into her it that ability was G11. Doesn’t mean them making the G12 gate a thing for marquees is ok in my eyes.

So, you would have cheesed her if available?
  • Options

So, you would have cheesed her if available?

How is that cheesing her taking her to G11 to the maximum I can? If they set the gate at G11 id take her there for sure. However I’m not spending $350 to do that.
  • Options

Agreed. If they’ve seen that this ability would cause issues at lower gear/stars then I’d rather they gated it at g13. Hopefully it reduces the chances of a major nerf or rework down the line. As it is, I feel pretty safe investing gear into her because it looks as though they’ve done some testing this time at least.

I just don’t get why people continue to complain about things like this, though. It’s CGs business model to encourage spending/investing our resources into toons. That’s been their model since day 1. Why should the release of any new unit change that?
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Stokat
    833 posts Member
    Options
    There is certainly a wall involved in this discussion, but it is not a pay wall…

bpdpvg7su0w9.jpeg

• StarSon
    7507 posts Member
    Options

Relic abilities, as initially announced, were not only not limited to GL's, but pretty sure it was before GL's existed.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »

Relic abilities, as initially announced, were not only not limited to GL's, but pretty sure it was before GL's existed.

I’m not sure what you mean? What abilities have been gated behind relics besides associated with GL’s? Do you mean the announced and then never implemented special abilities characters were supposed to get once they hit relics?
  • Options
    Yes
  • Options
    I do believe that those were the ultimate abilities. They may have originally planned for it to be the case for other abilities in general but decided against it knowing that people would get upset and say they were pay-walling the game. If this is how upset people are getting at abilities unlocked at G12, I would say that CG was right to only have ultimate abilities requiring relic levels, and R1 at that.
  • StarSon
    7507 posts Member
    Options
    Miccool9 wrote: »
    I do believe that those were the ultimate abilities. They may have originally planned for it to be the case for other abilities in general but decided against it knowing that people would get upset and say they were pay-walling the game. If this is how upset people are getting at abilities unlocked at G12, I would say that CG was right to only have ultimate abilities requiring relic levels, and R1 at that.

No, long before GL's, right around the time relics were released, CG said they were looking into creating Relic Abilities, which would be additional abilities added to certain characters once they hit r7. The idea was scrapped before GL's were added to the game, and that thinking is probably what led to omicrons.