[MEGA THREAD] New Raid Rewards Feedback discussion

Replies

• Options
    That was fast! In less than 24 hours, this new product lost its interest. Who is the product manager in the company?

We should send them an award for the worst at his job...
  • Options
    Unless I am missing something, guild currency can now only be earned through the daily activity. I didn't see it anywhere in the new raids. So, how are new players supposed to go about getting somebody like Colonel Starck, that's primarily only available through this currency? Have you considered changing the cost, or making those toons available elsewhere? Or, since I notice they now appear twice in the store, maybe it was a programming error, and they were also supposed to be available for the new raid currency.
  • Options
    The good: being able to pick your rewards

The bad: absolutely everything else

Unless you have a guild full of r8+ Jabba teams, you are getting way less rewards.

How does CG fix it?

Easy, keep the old system of letting us sim the old raids as quickly as we get the tix on top of the new Krayt.

Makes too much sense though so it will never happen. I was planning on dropping $150+ or so on crystals like I do every 5/4 and anniversary. Not anymore.
  • Options
    I'm curious what metrics were used by developers to ensure that the rewards were balanced. Maybe they compared the collective rewards from running sith, pit, tank and krayt raids concurrently? I don't see another way that these rewards are balanced otherwise. Is there any way to clarify what was meant when the community was told these raids would rotate? Does this mean that 3 months from now a new raid will replace krayt and require a new set of teams? Maybe it requires UFUs, NS, and rebel fighters to fit alongside the newest releases? Is there any insurance we can get on the longevity of investments made toward the teams used in this raid? I'm disappointed when I should have expected it, but hopefully some of these questions can be answered.
  • SʌInT
    30 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    CG wont fix anything.. they dont even read the forums and none of the feedback ever gets passed on.
  • StarSon
    7441 posts Member
    Options
    Eyo wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Why are the new rewards bad?

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/137e45a/in_depth_rewards_analysis_for_new_raid_system/

Some initial calculations.
    Laughable.

That looks like he's trying to convert value directly. The only way to get a proper comparison would be to compare the amount of gear you can buy each week with the new raid rewards to what you used to get each week.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    Options
    I'd play the new raid, if your update didn't break the game twice in 12 hours. I'm now locked behind Error 3.0 for the second time.

Test your game.
  • StarSon
    7441 posts Member
    Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    I'd play the new raid, if your update didn't break the game twice in 12 hours. I'm now locked behind Error 3.0 for the second time.

Test your game.

This time it appears to be a much larger EA issue, not a CG-specific issue.
  • Options
    This update is horrible
  • Options
    pgk8eedknpr4.jpg

They all look the same, they're all the same ugly gold brown tone but token number 2 has a second stack hiding back there and token 3 has red lines but theres just one of them
  • StarSon
    7441 posts Member
    Options
    pgk8eedknpr4.jpg

They all look the same, they're all the same ugly gold brown tone but token number 2 has a second stack hiding back there and token 3 has red lines but theres just one of them

They are quite easily distinguished from each other.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    No word about sorting poor rewards, but already nerfing a team? What a joke

Why should they say anything? It's WAI, the reward nerf is intentional and now they are just waiting for the storm to blow over. As usual.
  • FenderMan
    10 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Seriously it must take people who don't like star wars to create a game where you look down on the community so much that you yank em around every possible opportunity to make more money.
    Post edited by crzydroid on
  • Frankto
    20 posts Member
    Options
    I hope this feedback doesn't fall on deaf ears, but I want to join my voice to the others who are saying this in hopes you hear: The raid rewards are not good, and they are not comparable. The lack of passive income gear that would be scrapped at the scavenger is going to be a massive loss.

Please, please at least be open to a rework.

Also, so that my post doesn't contribute to burying this: https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/137e45a/in_depth_rewards_analysis_for_new_raid_system/

Through and well-written analysis. Once again, that's...
    https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/137e45a/in_depth_rewards_analysis_for_new_raid_system/
  • Options
    The lack of credits is the biggest thumb down for this new raid system for me... I'm always short of them. At this point, it's better if I find a guild of whales and get carried, since it looks like everyone is going to receive the same amount of rewards from the raid now: not rewarding anymore to be the strongest raid player in the guild :(
  • EmmersonGrant
    30 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    The new rewards will make gearing up characters a lengthier event.
    We will lack a lot of material to convert to relic pieces.
    The “No simultaneous raids” will slow down gearing up characters.
    Tokens are indistinguishable from each other.
    Shopping is way harder than it was.

Basically, you managed to make getting rewards 4 times harder and gutted the rewards box by 3/4’s.

Even the big guilds are struggling.

Fix this.
  • Zakracoon
    32 posts Member
    Options
    I’m in a full guild with about 260m GP, and literally all of us are thinking about walking away , the newer players have realised how much longer its going to take, an the longtime players are thinkin about jumping to a different game
  • Options
    My guild used to sim Rancor, ATT, And play Sith. Even simmed raids gave fully crafted stuff very very frequently. In Sith I was always top 10, so I got fully crafted G12 at least 1 out of every 3rd raid.

BUT it's not just the gear.

GET1 is needed for Hoda, Malak, GAS, Wampa plus G12 gear
    GET2 is needed for Negotiator and Malevolence plus G12 gear
    Guild tokens are needed for 10 different toons plus gear
    Credits are needed for leveling up toons (6M/toon)
    The Han/Kenobi/Traya shards were good for the shard shop which then you could spend on more gear.

Those who don't have 7* Malak, Hoda, GAS, Wampa are now slowed down

Those who don't have 7* Negotiator and Malevolence are now slowed down.

Those that don't have all the toons 7* yet from the guild store are now slowed down

Those who don't have 500M Credits hoarded are now slowed down.

The guilds who were able to clear CPit and get aeromagnifiers can't even get to crate 3 (crate 5 is the minimum for aeromagnifiers) without a huge investment in the 5 factions that the raid is limited to. And believe me nobody is itching to get Jawas to R7, or Tuskens.
    Maybe the Hutt Cartel because you can get a GL out of them, or maybe Old Republic because they are decent, or maybe Mandalorians because they are decent.

BUT why would anyone invest in Jawas or Tuskens, when who's to say they won't remove the Kyrat two years from now, like they did with CPit?

A lot of people invested in CPit teams, and what do they get for it now?
    What they did is not ok, I'm furious and my guild wasn't even clearing CPit yet. If we did I'd be twice as upset.

Bottom line is, they took away the lion's share of the rewards, and ultimately it will slow down progress to EVERYONE in the game, except for the top 1%.

They either didn't put any thought into the rewards at all in which case they are showcasing how much they don't care about players, OR they did it deliberately to try to get people to spend.

The most infuriating thing is that players showed a lot of concern at the initial announcement a couple months ago, and they PROMISED that the rewards will be similar. Well they are not. Not even close. We lost about 60% of our rewards, those who were completing CPit lost closer to 80%.
  • Hotblack
    13 posts Member
    Options
    Although the new raid system has several positive changes, two glaring omissions from the rewards structure have immediately jumped out:

(1) Previously, the Herioc Sith raid gave Get1 currency & the CPit raid gave both Get1 & Get2 currency as a reward, but these rewards are no longer available at all in the new raid structure; either as an automatic reward or for purchase. Missing these rewards is a HUGE detriment, especially to newer players who are still farming the likes of Wampa, Hermit Yoda, Negotiator, etc. and not just buying gear.

(2) Credits are no longer automatically awarded as part of the raid payout. Instead, credits appear only sporadically in the guild shop. The lack of credits is another HUGE crunch for newer players and forcing them to choose between buying credits and character shards, gear, etc. clearly does not result in equal or better rewards as promised.

Please take these issues into consideration and add both credits and the Get1/Get2 currency back to the raid reward structure. Thank you.

I think this is 100% right. The Krayt raid is interesting new content (thats good), but the maths is now showing it is unattractive compared to hSTR legacy which earns more (for most guilds) without all the guild officer co ordination and so we are not likely to do it after this first time.

Furthermore, the analyses being performed on rewards are showing pretty clearly that the new raid structure represents significant disadvantage for any guild but the most top end, so you risk driving a break up of mid sized guilds (again) if higher GP players decide they have to move to bigger guilds to maintain rewards. This is always a bad thing imo - I run a good 350m GP guild and it's immensely tiresome and sets us back every time that happens and there is always fallout. You damage your player base every time that occurs. As well as the threatened power drain, that reward disadvantage flies in the face of the promises made in announcements around the changes. You were doing so well with improvements to the game, adding new content etc etc, but this risks being another huge own goal by having intended/unintended? Consequences that are NOT being received well.

Now overlay the extremely real concern that GET and credits - CREDITS for goodness sake - become scarce and we are in a whole new ball park of ridiculous. I spend my credits - I remod for loads of stuff, I level up new toons, sometimes I buy mods etc etc. I know some people do not but that's choice. They move between 40-60m but I have not had a real issue with credits since 6m after I was new to the game! Now I have 17m credits after a week without raids and I am NOT paying CG just for what I consider essentially "maintenance". You get my money for new content, characters, gearing up, etc but you are not having it as a maintenance cost just to play (just as I refuse to give you money for temporary datacrons). CG, I think you have made some miscalculations here and they need to be urgently addressed.
  • Options
    Why was my previous post deleted?
    Where I suggested 3 solutions?

1 : Triple the rewards for each raid, and move MK3 to crate 3 in guild rewards and crate 3 in personal rewards

2 : Scrap the new Raid all together and set everything back as it was before the update Simmed radids, old rewards, CPit.

3 : Keep everything as is, but remove faction restrictions, and attempt restrictions for the new Raid.

You don't like me giving ideas to the community? Or how did that post hurt your feelings? What guidelines did it bother? Is that where we are at? Silencing opinions/suggestions?
  • Lumiya
    1479 posts Member
    Options

1 : Triple the rewards for each raid, and move MK3 to crate 3 in guild rewards and crate 3 in personal rewards

2 : Scrap the new Raid all together and set everything back as it was before the update Simmed radids, old rewards, CPit.

3 : Keep everything as is, but remove faction restrictions, and attempt restrictions for the new Raid.

You don't like me giving ideas to the community? Or how did that post hurt your feelings? What guidelines did it bother? Is that where we are at? Silencing opinions/suggestions?

I think it was moved... seems like they keep everything in 1 thread so they merge threads
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Options
    Lumiya wrote: »

I think it was moved... seems like they keep everything in 1 thread so they merge threads

No, it was deleted, I looked at my history and it's not there at all, if it was, I could see where it was moved to.
  • YurArm
    18 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    very very disappointed. very sad.

If the developers do not triple the rewards of the triumvirate raid, then they have deceived us. And Krayte's rewards will be increased five times. And especially if they don't add MK3 to the triumvirate rewards. Because the most common guilds (180 million power) can no longer receive relic 8 rewards for PitRancor. For the new raid Dragon's Krayte, even the top 50 guilds (300 million) will not receive MK3 rewards in the same volume.

If the developers do not change anything, then a lot of people will leave the game. Not being able to play and grow.
  • BaoDur
    3 posts Member
    Options
    CG seems determined to teach me I have better uses for my time. With the new system and no passive gear income the amount of planning and work this amusement is going to take just increased dramatically. I get to scour the guild mall 4 times a day in the hope I can find what I need, and that I have the right amount of 4 currencies to buy it.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    Options
    Here's what I can buy with just over half of our ENTIRE guild's rewards box:

7omg9txtyai8.png

Here's what I got from spending 66 energy, 45 of which was the late night free drop:
    uayrszt3g2u8.png

Here's that same amount converted:
    81n1grc6cbbi.png

Explain to me again how this is in any way better overall for the game?
  • Surgical_dan
    41 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    w6lyq32yt4tj.png
    Looking forward to the day I can buy 2 CCB’s with these super new rewards /s.
    I was very tempted by the bonus crystal packs, but this has helped my keep my wallet firmly shut.
  • NataPda
    38 posts Member
    Options
    Very nice. After finishing raid I haven't got a half from the sith raid or CPit. But I have to upgrade relics for toons which were OK in r5 or less.
    No credits and shards for shards shipments. No mods materials. No whole items. Everything became worse.