[MEGA THREAD] New Raid Rewards Feedback discussion

Replies

• TidusX
    1 posts Member
    Options
    This new raid system is no fun. I like the new raid, but not the overall change and reward system. Overall, biggest disappointing change in the game to date
  • Options
    I'll keep this short.

New raid - good. Nice visuals, mechanics and gameplay.

New rewards - Appalling. A slap in the face to the players of the game. You MASSIVELY undersold this to the players if it is what you intended. If not, and you're just incompetent, then it needs an immediate fix.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Ger4sim
    92 posts Member
    Options
    Under the slogan "we do everything only for you" - they simply deceived all the players again...
  • Hotblack
    13 posts Member
    Options
    I have already posted some thoughts in this discussion (above) and in "Krayt Dragon Rewards Need An Overhaul" but since then I have also seen and watched this and it is always good to hear counter views:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmox3yD1M00

It's very interesting and provides some additional perspectives but it does ultimately agree with comments in here that there are 3 core (unintended?) issues for less mature rosters around credits, legacy guild currency, GET1 and 1 intentional effect around aeromagnifiers. Anything that inhibits new players is damaging for CG because as I have said before, there are limits on what existing players will spend which are not increased by just making stuff cost more - revenue is more likely to go down than up. They need new spending players to be motivated and excited by the game.

However, there is also a fundamental assumption in the analysis that seems incorrect to me: the author says the Krayt raid is better for everyone but the most immature rosters because it provides Mk 3 rewards, and also hSTR is not a better option. However, those Mk 3 rewards are not available until the 130m point crate which is well beyond most guilds' ability. Our (quite high performing) 350m guild managed the 73m crate and I did 2.19m personally but those rewards are exactly the same mk 1 currency as maxing hSTR, about half the mk 2 currency and no mk 3 currency at all (in hSTR or Krayt at 73m).

So I tend to conclude that the changes MIGHT work IF a) the unintended issues with credits etc (above) were addressed - for everyone, but including newer players; b) the rewards were "shifted to the left" so that mk3 rewards and more mk 2 rewards are available at the 73m crate (and possibly lower) AND that in making these changes, the disincentive to do Krayt relative to hSTR rewards was addressed.
  • Options
    It's ruined raiding for our guild. How does it make sense that if you don't have jabba heroic sith is the best raid for rewards
  • Options
    In addition to the problems described concerning the new Krayt raid, I believe that attention should also be focused on other aspects that certainly need to be reviewed or restored.I don't understand why the simulated mode has been removed for the Rancor and the Haat
    but above all why are you forced to start one raid at a time?
    The possibility of setting a registration time should then be reinstated. In this new system you could retire the Rancor and the Haat raids because they are now useless.
    Last note, as regards the Triumvirate raid, it makes no sense to wait for the end of the 2 days available, if it is finished in 30 minutes.
  • Options
    Bonjour les fans de stars wars,je crée ce poste car j’ai remarqué depuis l’arrivée du dragon Krayt et la modification des raids.Que nous avions plus de source de crédit dedans,ce qu’il est malheureusement le fléau des petits joueurs car ils ont pas spécialement accès à l’évent de braquage.
  • Options
    It looks like they're at least listening to their users: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/263474/raid-economy-update#latest

Let's see how it goes...
  • Options
    I absolutely hate the new raid setup. There was nothing wrong with how it was. The literal reason why people say if it isn’t broke don’t fix it. Hate it! Please change it back
  • Options
    I absolutely hate the new raid setup. There was nothing wrong with how it was. The literal reason why people say if it isn’t broke don’t fix it. Hate it! Please change it back
    I have also been playing since the very beginning of this game and have never hated an update more than this
  • Options
    One credits and spending signicant points to get 500k credits is stupid is nice to have option but why are raids giving credits. New players need it for mods and upgrades and relics. This should be fixed so it's less raid points or more credits. Or increase it somewhere so players don't have to wait so long to try and do mods, relics or get characters to level 85.

Two the new raid system kills get 1 currency which is used for Hoda, wampa, gas, and Malik. Same with 2.

Still no way to help get wat with 3 currency at decent rate.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    One credits and spending signicant points to get 500k credits is stupid is nice to have option but why are raids giving credits. New players need it for mods and upgrades and relics. This should be fixed so it's less raid points or more credits. Or increase it somewhere so players don't have to wait so long to try and do mods, relics or get characters to level 85.

Two the new raid system kills get 1 currency which is used for Hoda, wampa, gas, and Malik. Same with 2.

Still no way to help get wat with 3 currency at decent rate.

It's just how CG operates. They say something like "we are making it easier to get to relics because we want more players engaging with them!" Then they put some of that into action, like with doubling of some old gear. And then they immediately do 8 other things to make getting to relics even harder, like reducing the gear we earn by nerfing raid rewards and making it impossible for new players to get to r8. So much fun.
  • Options
    Love the update and the coming changes to make the Krayt raid more accessible for mid-game guilds like mine. The new raid is a lot of fun to play and I really like the idea of using thematic teams only. I have one additional thing I would like addressed if possible. It is very important that the ship credits and regular credits have individual slots to be purchased with MK 1 in the guild store. We no longer get credits passively from raids but can purchase a comparable amount with MK 1. I see this as a net positive except in accessibility. The issue is many times I have gone to buy credits and the ship credits are in that slot instead. This is causing a bottleneck on my account where I have plenty of MK 1 and gear but cannot purchase credits due to the slot having ship credits instead. If each credit type is given its own slot this is a none issue as we can buy whatever credit type we need at each refresh. Keep up the great work!
  • Gawejn
    1107 posts Member
    Options
    Step1 nerf rewards
    Step2 establish reward points on new raid with less rewards than unimportant raid
    Step3 establish number of rewards for unimportant raid which is real number for rewards to give away from new raid for free for almost all players
    step 4 update, guilds start new raid, collect data, wait for outrage
    Step 5 collect outrage, post info about update, establish number of rewards almost same as unimportant raid, nerf in place,

Hehehehehe

• Options
    Sith triumvirate heroic phase 3... nobody is getting any points... what is going on?
  • Cthejay
    17 posts Member
    Options
    That was fast! In less than 24 hours, this new product lost its interest. Who is the product manager in the company?

We should send them an award for the worst at his job...

New raid set up is trash. Newer, lower GP, guilds now get to raid MAYBE every 4-5 days. No guild tokens from raids anymore so the character farms all but stop (maybe one purchase a week). When the raid is dead, payout needs to happen, why wait 2 days when it's dead in 20 minutes. Yeah, can 7* raid characters faster, if you spend crystals to refresh the store. The rest is garbage. Take 1000 off each new currency and add the original guild tokens to rewards, kill the 3 day timer on raid rewards.
  • Z10
    3 posts Member
    Options
    One fifth of the guild is not playing, so only the first chest is available. Active players are disappointed. Sad slowdown, the game isn't that good anymore.
  • Options
    Z10 wrote: »
    One fifth of the guild is not playing, so only the first chest is available. Active players are disappointed. Sad slowdown, the game isn't that good anymore.
    Sounds like a leadership issue - the inactive players are harming the active players more than the game is.
  • Z10
    3 posts Member
    Options
    mMy suggestion, 0 points 0 rewards
  • Options
    Z10 wrote: »
    mMy suggestion, 0 points 0 rewards

How would this make your personal situation (or that of the active members) any better?

Your total would still be the same, so your reward would be the same. The difference is that your guild would be worse off overall, so every player both active and not would be worse off.

Getting in an active guild is the real solution. Leave the dead weight to sink on their own.
  • Z10
    3 posts Member
    Options
    Guild players are active. everyone plays except in the raid.
    but it will be rewarded. They need an incentive to participate in the raid.

If you don't get a reward, you have to play.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    i'm pretty sure you do have to play now?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Credits should have their own slot in the Raid store. Currently they share a slot with TRAINING DROIDS and Ship Building Materials. It's bad enough that now we have to divert Raid tokens to buying credits instead of gear. But to have it not show up, due to RNG, is just adding insult to injury.
  • Metroplex79
    834 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    I'm starting to be ok with adjusting to the three new currencies, but I think they should have their own shop in Shipments.

My current biggest gripe is the distance between Reward Crates.

10M to 17M = fine
    17M to 25M = fine
    25M to 90M = Whisky Tango Foxtrot?!
    90M to 130M = a bit much but still ok.

I'd think it'd be more fair to have:
    10M - 17M - 25M - 40M - 65M - 90M etc

My guild is only capable of 32M at the moment. I'm not asking for handouts.

The only difference between the current 25M and 90M Rewards Crates is only an additional 250 Mk3 coins.

Is the Personal Rewards Track more important? It looks completely fair and reasonable to me. I have not hit the 2.2M Rewards Crate yet.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    you didn't even mention the next box after 130m lol
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Add signal data to guild shipments, you cowards! We can buy all the relic components there but without signal data it is useless.
  • Options
    Add signal data to guild shipments, you cowards! We can buy all the relic components there but without signal data it is useless.

How well has name calling worked for you in the past when you were asking for something?
    all the Jedi say I’m pretty fly for a Qui guy
  • Options
    So is this the new normal, missing raid rewards and no resolution. No one in my guild received rewards on the 30th and we aren't the only guild that has had this happen in the past week.

People are telling me to just let it go, is it just acceptance now for screw ups like this?
  • nfidel2k
    559 posts Member
    Options
    Valace212 wrote: »
    So is this the new normal, missing raid rewards and no resolution. No one in my guild received rewards on the 30th and we aren't the only guild that has had this happen in the past week.

People are telling me to just let it go, is it just acceptance now for screw ups like this?

Since a mod has responded multiple times to you, I’m going to be blunt. No one here can fix your problem. You’ve posted it, a bug report was created, and if you want an update go check there.

Posting over and over again won’t make anything happen faster.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.