Raid rewards comparison with data

Prev1345
CorranHorn80
42 posts Member
edited May 2023
So I did the math on the old system vs. the new. For the record I am in a 500 million gp guild.

These numbers are per month, based on 10 Rancor, 8 Tank, 6 Sith, and 5 Cpit per month. With an average of 5th-10th place for Sith and Cpit.

New raid numbers are based on 130 million guild crate, and 4.5 million personal crate.

I undervalued the old gear boxes since finding data on those is sketchy.

Old rewards
18.7 million credits
1.4 million ship credits
35 aeromagnifiers
1836 carbanti level gear
42 kyros
And all gear in boxes (240 carbanti level and 110 fusion furnace level based on very low numbers)

New rewards
38.5 aeromagnifiers (mk3 currency)
632 fusion furnace or equivalent (mk2 currency)
3852 carbanti level gear (mk1 currency)

So the long story short, is for this situation:

Mk1 currency is slightly better rewards
Mk2 currency is about the same
Mk3 currency is about the same

But, if you make less than those crates, which a lot of guilds will, it is not a good value. Anything less than 130 million guild crate deletes the aeromagnifier level mk3 tokens.

So any guild that could do cpit, but does not get the above rewards is suffering.

Hopefully we will see a change

Replies

• OmegaIV
    107 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks for this.

I think another challenge is that the raid (surprise surprise) is tuned way too hard.

If I have a relic7 team, but I choose a relic3 level difficulty, there's no reason I shouldn't be capping out. A lot of these characters do terrible damage and not enough of them have a way to lower defiance stacks.

I'm sure videos and strategy will come out eventually, but the time/effort v reward should be address. In the old system, I'd sign up for the raids, 3 would be simmed, and zergcor (2nd dumbest event in the game), would be done fairly easily (450mil gp guild). And it was fine to just sign up and collect loot on 3/4 raids.

Now, every member has to contribute. And while that's totally fine, there should be a point where level and gear trivialize content. I have yet to see that in this raid.

• Shmoopyz
    129 posts Member
    Options
    What about the credits and ship credits?

Not to mention - if most of your guild doesn't have Jabba you are getting shafted compared to the old rewards.

This basically railroads everyone into farming Jabba.
  • dgree
    521 posts Member
    Options
    And all gear in boxes (240 carbanti level and 110 fusion furnace level based on very low numbers)

What does this mean

• Robre
    39 posts Member
    Options
    You are forgetting guild currency which is a significant loss. Also the shards that helped feed the shard shop. Losing 18 Million credits per month is brutal. Especially when you are working on mods.
  • DeusArt
    133 posts Member
    Options
    And mods slicing mats from Sith raids missing. Probably gear is not so critical like credits, mods and GETs.

And not everyone did cpit. But if you compare new Sith vs old Pit-Tank-Siths - last one is much more profitable. Especially for those who was in top 10 siths raid.
  • LynxVJ
    138 posts Member
    Options
    So I did the math on the old system vs. the new. For the record I am in a 500 million gp guild.

These numbers are per month, based on 10 Rancor, 8 Tank, 6 Sith, and 5 Cpit per month. With an average of 5th-10th place for Sith and Cpit.

New raid numbers are based on 130 million guild crate, and 4.5 million personal crate.

Old rewards
    18.7 million credits
    1.4 million ship credits
    35 aeromagnifiers
    1836 carbanti level gear
    42 kyros

New rewards

But, if you make less than those crates, which a lot of guilds will, it is not a good value. Anything less than 130 million guild crate deletes the aeromagnifier level mk3 tokens.

So any guild that could do cpit, but does not get the above rewards is suffering.

If there are 50 members in a guild, why is the average 5th-10th place?
  • Sloth243
    183 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Just speculating here, but I think they mean that they individually average from 5th to 10th place
  • Gawejn
    1116 posts Member
    Options
    This is not really correct. We were doing more raids than 10 pit, it was 12. Max was 15. And not including gear from boxes plus get 1 and get 2, mods materials and full pieces makes this data not real.
  • Dmitry_M81
    459 posts Member
    Options
    Now we come to the question: how many 500mln guilds there are & how many guilds can reach 130mln crate :wink: On the 500mln guilds #rightnow answer is 51 exactly. What % does it make of all playerbase?..
  • Dmitry_M81
    459 posts Member
    Options
    We should understand that for 400mln (for example, no numbers are counted) the distance to 130mln crate may be months, for lower ones - maybe years... Many-many 300mln+ guilds have 2-3-4-5 Jabbas only atm, and FAR-FAR-FAR away from other squads required. So let's not measure elite guilds with rest of them)
  • Options
    I'm in a 330mil guild and we could clear CPit easily, this is a major drop in rewards for us
  • Options
    Robre wrote: »
    You are forgetting guild currency which is a significant loss. Also the shards that helped feed the shard shop. Losing 18 Million credits per month is brutal. Especially when you are working on mods.

I took all get and guild currency and spent that on gear, just like the new guild tokens in this scenario.

You can buy credits with MK1 currency, and it includes the shard shop conversion.
    Gawejn wrote: »
    This is not really correct. We were doing more raids than 10 pit, it was 12. Max was 15. And not including gear from boxes plus get 1 and get 2, mods materials and full pieces makes this data not real.

I was trying to base the old data off of a lower number of raid attempts, since some guilds do less.
  • NoGodBeforeMyself
    7 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    this is not getting nearly enough traction. as a ~5m gp player in a ~400m gp guild - i estimate going from ~28-35 aeros/month to ZERO.
    that's just aeros. not considering anything else. i don't need to look at anything else.
    this is a huge kick in the teeth and completely unacceptable.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    this is not getting nearly enough traction. as a ~5m gp player in a ~400m gp guild - i estimate going from ~28 aeros/month to ZERO.
    that's just aeros. not considering anything else. i don't need to look at anything else.

I'm not sure why so many folks are concerned about aeros... You can get them from Conquest as well and many of us have a stockpile of them..
  • Options

Old rewards
    18.7 million credits
    1.4 million ship credits
    35 aeromagnifiers
    1836 carbanti level gear
    42 kyros

New rewards

Nice to see people putting in the time to do their own comparisons, thanks @CorranHorn80 .

One thing that bears adding to this though for some context is that the OP is in a 500M+ guild. From the scoreboards there's only 54 guilds at this level, so this would seem to suggest that most people outside of the top 54 guilds (and the next 146 are above 460m GP) are being railroaded by the reward changes.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    this is not getting nearly enough traction. as a ~5m gp player in a ~400m gp guild - i estimate going from ~28 aeros/month to ZERO.

I'm not sure why so many folks are concerned about aeros... You can get them from Conquest as well and many of us have a stockpile of them..

i have only been playing for 13 months. my account is 5m gp. my "stockpile" is 137 aeros, which will be gone in no time due to no longer adding any to it through raids. i would estimate a far greater # of players are in my position than yours.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options

Old rewards
    18.7 million credits
    1.4 million ship credits
    35 aeromagnifiers
    1836 carbanti level gear
    42 kyros

New rewards

Nice to see people putting in the time to do their own comparisons, thanks @CorranHorn80 .

One thing that bears adding to this though for some context is that the OP is in a 500M+ guild. From the scoreboards there's only 54 guilds at this level, so this would seem to suggest that most people outside of the top 54 guilds (and the next 146 are above 460m GP) are being railroaded by the reward changes.

Slight detail being it assumes rewards for top 5-10 in hstr. I'd love to see lowbie math too on that front, cause I rarely play hstr or rancy. And naturally all the guild can't get top 5-10.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options

i have only been playing for 13 months. my account is 5m gp. my "stockpile" is 137 aeros, which will be gone in no time due to no longer adding any to it through raids. i would estimate a far greater # of players are in my position than yours.

Fair enough, I personally think 137 is quite a bit as long as you can keep earning some from conquest... Almost enough aeros to take 7 characters to R8 or 3-4 to R9....

That being said, it's not like they replaced the aeros with other great stuff either, so I see your point..
  • PeachyPeachSWGOH
    795 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Options

True. I'm sitting on 360 aeros and cPit never even really got much attention from me. That's 18 R8's. If I were to actually do 18 R8's, the zinbiddles would be the bottleneck.
  • Options
    I chose the numbers based on data I could find. Since I did not want to use assumed data, I had to use screenshots of reward levels I could find of old data. This is due to the fact that most Swgoh websites have scrubbed the old raid data.

And any guild getting less than 130 million crate is suffering if they could do cpit.

Aeromagnifiers are just what we used to get from cpit, so it was easy math to buy those with the new currency.
  • Gawejn
    1116 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    I chose the numbers based on data I could find. Since I did not want to use assumed data, I had to use screenshots of reward levels I could find of old data. This is due to the fact that most Swgoh websites have scrubbed the old raid data.

And any guild getting less than 130 million crate is suffering if they could do cpit.

Aeromagnifiers are just what we used to get from cpit, so it was easy math to buy those with the new currency.

Let me write this again. Even if you will make max personal rewards and max guild rewards from krayt dragon, it will be still less than my 350mil guild was getting from raids in previous system...
    And i dont understand what is the point to even mention that 130mil dmg as minimum to get the same rewards...
  • Options
    Gawejn wrote: »

Let me write this again. Even if you will make max personal rewards and max guild rewards from krayt dragon, it will be still less than my 350mil guild was getting from raids in previous system...
    And i dont understand what is the point to even mention that 130mil dmg as minimum to get the same rewards...

I don’t see how that is possible based on the crates I laid out, and the old rewards which included shards, get currency, and guild currency.

Getting max crate for both would allow for a lot more mk2 and mk3 purchases.

• Ultra
    11515 posts Moderator
    edited May 2023
    Options

Old rewards
    18.7 million credits
    1.4 million ship credits
    35 aeromagnifiers
    1836 carbanti level gear
    42 kyros

New rewards

I really don't trust your data at all

Where are you getting 42 kyros from????????

Kyrotech is technically carbanti level gear

Lots of vagueness without any backing of your sources
  • herd_nerfer
    1913 posts Member
    Options

Stockpiles run out though - we've seen how this works with CCBs and BWs - no one ever thought we'd be farming white and green gear again, and yet, here we all are, hammering LS 1-C.

Before this change, my guild and I did the work, put in the time, farmed the teams and eventually beat CPit specifically to get access to those Aeros. Now CG wants me to farm different teams to maintain that access. But I already leapt this hurdle - I already hit this threshold - and now, after I've made that investment to lock in those rewards, I have to do something else to keep it. And not only do I have to do something else - but I have to go back to HSTR - a raid that I thought surely we were done with after having had CPit on farm for the last year and a half - and farm that for another X months (or longer?) before we can break even on rewards in the new raid - the whole time STILL not getting those Aeros that were pretty much guaranteed just a little more than a week ago - a guarantee that was bought and paid for with lots of time, lots of gear, lots of relic mats, lots of spreadsheets, and in some cases money.

And sure, nothing is guaranteed in life - but it's not unreasonable for people to assume that doing the work to beat CPit would mean a steady stream of Aero income - that was the whole point of the raid. CPit was the gate.

So I'm currently sitting on about 700 Aeros - That's 35 R8 characters, or 17 R9s. That's ignoring gyrda and IDs which are their own brand of headache - but in the grand scheme of things that's a drop in the bucket. To put that in perspective, we've seen 16 marquee characters in the last 12 months (29 in the last 2 years) - that doesn't include Jabba, Reva, conquest and legendaries which I can't be bothered to count at the moment.

What I'm saying is the loss of Aero income is maybe more significant than it looks. Right this second - sure, NBD, especially if you've been clearing CPit for a while - but eventually, we're going to feel this pain just like we did with CCBs and BWs that no one ever thought we'd run out of.

Sorry for soap-boxing this reply Bubba - you just gave me an opening to throw some light on this for people that may not be thinking about it.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options
    2pkatov85iyv.png

It bears mentioning that this is what they promised.

This is not what they delivered.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • herd_nerfer
    1913 posts Member
    Options
    2pkatov85iyv.png

It bears mentioning that this is what they promised.

This is not what they delivered.

It's important to note the quotes around "simmed". Only HPit and HAAT were simmed - So they actually may have delivered what they promised. Not saying I like the situation - I clearly don't - but I also won't jump on the bandwagon of people calling them liars. I think they've made a major misstep in a situation that should have been nothing but fanfare and at-a-boys. Someone will always be unhappy with any change - but I haven't seen anyone defending this rewards debacle. Even the folks that usually would - like me.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Goavs506
    45 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Options

Oh my gosh poor you! Only 137 aeros! I am at 6 mil and have earned all my aeros through conquest. And am doing just fine. I am glad crancor is gone, so maybe you won’t take them for granted in the future
  • Miketo28
    208 posts Member
    Options
    We are getting shafted. Relics have shown us that stockpiles of gear quickly vanish. No more character shards as rewards and no credits. Our credits will gradually decline as will our shard shop currency. I honestly love the mechanics of the new Krayt raid. I just don't understand why all raids but Cpit didn't remain exactly as they are. What happens with the next iteration, does this one disappear and we all have to relic up a new forced faction?