Raid rewards comparison with data

Replies

• Lumiya
    1582 posts Member
    Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    this is not getting nearly enough traction. as a ~5m gp player in a ~400m gp guild - i estimate going from ~28 aeros/month to ZERO.
    that's just aeros. not considering anything else. i don't need to look at anything else.
    this is a huge kick in the teeth and completely unacceptable.

I'm not sure why so many folks are concerned about aeros... You can get them from Conquest as well and many of us have a stockpile of them..

Because it depends on which crate you get and what mode you play.

And before you say "Well, if it is an account that does not get them, they are too small anyway/don't need them etc. please keep in mind that a lot has changed even for smaller accounts because everything is tied to high relic levels now so they need those to be able to progress. Be it for GLs, GL ships etc.

To the other person whom said they used their GET only for gear, again please keep smaller accounts in mind whom still have to buy shards for toons or ships with them.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Schwartzring
    1525 posts Member
    Options
    So I did the math on the old system vs. the new. For the record I am in a 500 million gp guild.

These numbers are per month, based on 10 Rancor, 8 Tank, 6 Sith, and 5 Cpit per month. With an average of 5th-10th place for Sith and Cpit.

1. Thank you for doing this math.

2. That said, I am wondering where you got those raid counts from?

IIRC the Ticket Totals for each raid are
    Rancor - 60K
    Tank - 90K
    Sith - 110K
    CPIT - 180K

Which means if your pulling off 5-CPITs in a month, which is 900K Tickets.
    Then your Raids for the other raids should be 15 - 10 - 8 respectively.

So either a 5th C-PIT is too many or your rewards for the other 3 need to be calculated at more raids.

For the record, 5 C-PITs in 30 days means your entire guild is at 50/50 every day of the month & never misses 600 tickets. That seems... ambitious.

I would probably go with something like 810K Tickets for the month, or 90% of Max Tickets earned, but that is me.
    Raid Count of closer to 13.5 - 9 - 7 - 4.5 respectively.
  • nfidel2k
    559 posts Member
    Options
    2pkatov85iyv.png

It bears mentioning that this is what they promised.

This is not what they delivered.

It's important to note the quotes around "simmed". Only HPit and HAAT were simmed - So they actually may have delivered what they promised. Not saying I like the situation - I clearly don't - but I also won't jump on the bandwagon of people calling them liars. I think they've made a major misstep in a situation that should have been nothing but fanfare and at-a-boys. Someone will always be unhappy with any change - but I haven't seen anyone defending this rewards debacle. Even the folks that usually would - like me.

It’s also important to note that the only raid with a personal track right now is akrayt.
    And “actively participating” can now be defined as 243k damage minimum, which many players who got sim rewards can’t reach.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • Sloth243
    183 posts Member
    Options
    Lumiya wrote: »
    this is not getting nearly enough traction. as a ~5m gp player in a ~400m gp guild - i estimate going from ~28 aeros/month to ZERO.
    that's just aeros. not considering anything else. i don't need to look at anything else.

I'm not sure why so many folks are concerned about aeros... You can get them from Conquest as well and many of us have a stockpile of them..

And before you say "Well, if it is an account that does not get them, they are too small anyway/don't need them etc. please keep in mind that a lot has changed even for smaller accounts because everything is tied to high relic levels now so they need those to be able to progress. Be it for GLs, GL ships etc.

To the other person whom said they used their GET only for gear, again please keep smaller accounts in mind whom still have to buy shards for toons or ships with them.

I agree. Well said
  • Goavs506
    45 posts Member
    Options
    Goavs506 wrote: »

i have only been playing for 13 months. my account is 5m gp. my "stockpile" is 137 aeros, which will be gone in no time due to no longer adding any to it through raids. i would estimate a far greater # of players are in my position than yours.

Oh my gosh poor you! Only 137 aeros! I am at 6 mil and have earned all my aeros through conquest. And am doing just fine. I am glad crancor is gone, so maybe you won’t take them for granted in the future

Short sighted response. 6m? I guarantee your guild is coming nowhere close to the 130M reward box.

Have fun trying to get anything else you need to progress

Actually I’m progressing well. Some of us believe in building up a guild and not jumping ship for a higher one because of aeros. Believe it or not I don’t need 137 Aeros to feel satisfied
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options

First off, I think the rewards are terrible with the new system, so let me at least make that piece clear... If we were getting aeros before, then we should be getting them now and more or, at least enough currency to make up for the amount we lost so that we can buy them (if that's what you want to do)...

I'm just genuinely curious as to why so many people are mentioning them specifically....

• Lumiya
    1582 posts Member
    Options

i have only been playing for 13 months. my account is 5m gp. my "stockpile" is 137 aeros, which will be gone in no time due to no longer adding any to it through raids. i would estimate a far greater # of players are in my position than yours.

Oh my gosh poor you! Only 137 aeros! I am at 6 mil and have earned all my aeros through conquest. And am doing just fine. I am glad crancor is gone, so maybe you won’t take them for granted in the future

Short sighted response. 6m? I guarantee your guild is coming nowhere close to the 130M reward box.

Actually I’m progressing well. Some of us believe in building up a guild and not jumping ship for a higher one because of aeros. Believe it or not I don’t need 137 Aeros to feel satisfied

Please, there is really no need to argue here.

Nobody wants those mats to feel satisfied, they want them because they need them to progress. How else are you going to be able to help your guild (and your roster) if you can't get the necessary Relics for GLs or GL ships, Relic gates in the new TB etc?
  • Options

Well as long as you’re alright, Jack.
  • Goavs506
    45 posts Member
    Options

Nobody wants those mats to feel satisfied, they want them because they need them to progress. How else are you going to be able to help your guild (and your roster) if you can't get the necessary Relics for GLs or GL ships, Relic gates in the new TB etc?

I can and will continue to do so. I have three GLs. And I can get Aeros through conquest. I have plenty of relic 7 characters . And relic 8s on my gls. Of course I would prefer better rewards in the new raid. My point was only that you can survive on “only” 137 aeros
  • Options

I was getting my aeros from CPit. You're getting yours from conquest. You think it's no big deal that I've had my CPit source pulled out from under me. By this reasoning, I should assume that you'd be completely fine with a conquest system overhaul tomorrow that stripped you of your ability to earn aeros?
  • Goavs506
    45 posts Member
    Options

I was getting my aeros from CPit. You're getting yours from conquest. You think it's no big deal that I've had my CPit source pulled out from under me. By this reasoning, I should assume that you'd be completely fine with a conquest system overhaul tomorrow that stripped you of your ability to earn aeros?

In your scenario, you still have access to conquest and a source of Aeros.
  • ragnoris
    70 posts Member
    Options
    How do hstr rewards now compare to hstr+sim pit+sim tank? There were many mid to low end guilds that couldn’t clear rancor, so the fair comparison for them is the original three vs hstr now.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options

I can and will continue to do so. I have three GLs. And I can get Aeros through conquest. I have plenty of relic 7 characters . And relic 8s on my gls. Of course I would prefer better rewards in the new raid. My point was only that you can survive on “only” 137 aeros

You don't need aeros for relic 7 and you only have 3 R8, so you have only ever used 60 aeros....That isn't a lot and none of that will get you past the third level of planets in RoTE....

While I don't necessarily understand why so many people are fixated on aeros, I do understand power creep in the game and know that more and more content will be released over time that requires your characters to be R8 and above... Which will cost more aeros...
  • Options

First, that's not the point at all. The point is I worked to build a roster and complete an event for rewards. I've had that taken away. So has every other player in the game who worked towards it and achieved it.
    Second, how many players/guilds were capable of completing CPit but not capable of completing conquest to a high enough degree to get the aeros in there? This change hurts every single one of them, which I'm guessing is a lot.

The entire point of a game like this is to build, grow, and achieve milestones. The milestones we've worked hard to achieve should not be stripped away from us. It doesn't matter what that milestone is. Once it's been achieved, and its rewards earned, that it's. Achievement complete, move on to something bigger and better. Aeros, signal data, kyros - whatever. Just imagine any single resource in the game that you need - and that you've spent time, resources, and possibly even $ to achieve - only to have it taken away and told "rebuild something different to earn that thing today that you already built for and earned yesterday."

That's the crux of what has happened here - and it's not ok. And if you cannot grasp that then this conversation is pointless.
  • Goavs506
    45 posts Member
    Options
    I unlo

You don't need aeros for relic 7 and you only have 3 R8, so you have only ever used 60 aeros....That isn't a lot and none of that will get you past the third level of planets in RoTE....

While I don't necessarily understand why so many people are fixated on aeros, I do understand power creep in the game and know that more and more content will be released over time that requires your characters to be R8 and above... Which will cost more aeros...

I have LV , so I think I have 6 relic 8s. And yes I would like a system at some point that gives more access to aeros in all guild. Not just guilds at a certain level and above. I just find it strange, that at 5 mil, you need a billion relic 8 characters. And that 137 aeros plus conquest isn’t managable
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options

First, that's not the point at all. The point is I worked to build a roster and complete an event for rewards. I've had that taken away. So has every other player in the game who worked towards it and achieved it.
    Second, how many players/guilds were capable of completing CPit but not capable of completing conquest to a high enough degree to get the aeros in there? This change hurts every single one of them, which I'm guessing is a lot.

The entire point of a game like this is to build, grow, and achieve milestones. The milestones we've worked hard to achieve should not be stripped away from us. It doesn't matter what that milestone is. Once it's been achieved, and its rewards earned, that it's. Achievement complete, move on to something bigger and better. Aeros, signal data, kyros - whatever. Just imagine any single resource in the game that you need - and that you've spent time, resources, and possibly even $ to achieve - only to have it taken away and told "rebuild something different to earn that thing today that you already built for and earned yesterday."

That's the crux of what has happened here - and it's not ok. And if you cannot grasp that then this conversation is pointless.

This pretty much sums it up....
  • Ryche
    153 posts Member
    Options
    I'm in a 330mil guild and we could clear CPit easily, this is a major drop in rewards for us
    Ditto here, these new rewards are garbage. huge drop in rewards.

I'm shocked CG lied to us. he/she never does that, ever!

• Lumiya
    1582 posts Member
    Options

First off, I think the rewards are terrible with the new system, so let me at least make that piece clear... If we were getting aeros before, then we should be getting them now and more or, at least enough currency to make up for the amount we lost so that we can buy them (if that's what you want to do)...

I'm just genuinely curious as to why so many people are mentioning them specifically....

I understand and actually already saw you mention that you don't like the rewards as they are now. 🙂

The reason why many people concentrate on the Aeros is because not everyone can get them at all or in a well enough quantity through Conquest. CPit was their (main) source of Aero income which has now been removed from them, eventhough they put a lot of time, effort, gear, mats and maybe money into their squads for CPit... which CG now made moot. Couple that with the Power creep you mentioned and the need for high Relic levels now for so many different modes or toons it makes these people realise how much of a setback this creates for them. Not to mention how much more difficult it will be in general for every new/newer account to progress.

@herd_nerfer had a nice long comment about this, I just don't know if it was here or another thread.
  • Options

@herd_nerfer had a nice long comment about this, I just don't know if it was here or another thread.[/quote]

CG deleted that thread…..top notch stuff
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    So I did the math on the old system vs. the new. For the record I am in a 500 million gp guild.

These numbers are per month, based on 10 Rancor, 8 Tank, 6 Sith, and 5 Cpit per month. With an average of 5th-10th place for Sith and Cpit.

New raid numbers are based on 130 million guild crate, and 4.5 million personal crate.

I undervalued the old gear boxes since finding data on those is sketchy.

Old rewards
    18.7 million credits
    1.4 million ship credits
    35 aeromagnifiers
    1836 carbanti level gear
    42 kyros
    And all gear in boxes (240 carbanti level and 110 fusion furnace level based on very low numbers)

New rewards
    38.5 aeromagnifiers (mk3 currency)
    632 fusion furnace or equivalent (mk2 currency)
    3852 carbanti level gear (mk1 currency)

So the long story short, is for this situation:

Mk1 currency is slightly better rewards
    Mk2 currency is about the same
    Mk3 currency is about the same

But, if you make less than those crates, which a lot of guilds will, it is not a good value. Anything less than 130 million guild crate deletes the aeromagnifier level mk3 tokens.

So any guild that could do cpit, but does not get the above rewards is suffering.

Hopefully we will see a change

I really don't trust your data at all

Where are you getting 42 kyros from????????

Kyrotech is technically carbanti level gear

Lots of vagueness without any backing of your sources

Here is the full data.

10 times a month doing each currency x10

Krayt guild box level 130 million

Mk 1-42,600
    Mk 2-24,750
    Mk 3-6,750

Personal box level 4.5

Mk 1-42,150
    Mk 2-17,600
    Mk 3-1,000

So per month combined
    Mk 1-84,750
    Mk 2-42,350
    Mk 3-7,750

That buys
    1 aero is 200 Mk 3. That is 38.5 aero magnifiers. No other mk3 currency left

1 fusion furnace is 67 mk2. That is 632 fusion furnace or equivalent. That is one of the cheaper ones

1 mk3 carbanti is 22 mk1. That is 3852 carbanti or equivalent

Old raids

Rancor

10 times a month
    Shards 100 Han Solo
    8300 guild tokens
    3 million credits
    Variable gear

Tank

8 times a month
    Shards 48 kenobi
    11,200 guild tokens
    5,760,000 credits
    1,456,000 ship credits
    Variable gear

Sith

6 times a month assuming 5th place
    Shards 42 Traya
    12,450 guild tokens
    3,300 get 1 currency
    3 million credits roughly
    Variable gear

Cpit

5 times a month assuming 5th place
    2,750 get 1 currency
    2,750 get 2 currency
    35 aeromagnifiers
    4 million credits

Totals
    Shards 190
    Get 1 6,050
    Get 2 2,750
    Guild tokens 31,950
    18.7 million credits
    1.4 million ship credits
    35 aero magnifiers
    Lots of variable gear

That’s assuming rank 5-10 depending on the raid

What you can buy with that, that we lost

570 ship credits per mk1
    So 48 million ship credits

30 shard shop per shard, so 5,700 shard shop

Guild tokens can buy 1400 carbanti
    Get 1 can buy 252 carbanti
    Get 2 can buy 42 kyro
    Shard shop can buy 184 carbanti

So total 1836 carbanti and 42 kyro

Old rewards
    18.7 million credits
    1.4 million ship credits
    35 aeromagnifiers
    1836 carbanti level gear
    42 kyros
    And all gear in boxes (240 carbanti level and 110 fusion furnace level)

New rewards
  • Goavs506
    45 posts Member
    Options

Sure, but on this particular resource, people have already gone without them at your GP and have done just fine. And honestly, if some of these players can’t get Aeros in conquest, how much are those players even contributing to the Crancor wins? That being said, I agree that their should be easier access to aeros for ALL players
  • CorranHorn80
    48 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Sources for old raid data are from screenshots of simmed rewards for rancor and tank, then screenshots of rank 5 and 10 for Cpit and sith.

The only assumed data was amount of each raid done in a month. If those numbers are off, say 1 more of sith raid per month, then the math will change.

And I did not give a lot of weight to the gear from each raid loot box, since screenshots of those are hard to find.
  • Starslayer
    2425 posts Member
    Options

First: we have far less total gear value than before with raid 2.0 , I totally agree with about everyone. More raid money are needed if the point is to give us about the same value as before, even if a little less would be understandable as we could buy exactly what we need. But we don’t seem to be in the ‘little less’ area.

Still: you shouldn't’ be so focused on aeros. You need 1 R9 and 10 R8 to unlock every character in the game and don’t need more to engage actively in every content in the game (engage doesn’t mean complete, because R9 in tb and R8 in raid). Raid money is so much better than a specific gear piece.

• Goavs506
    45 posts Member
    Options

Sure, but on this particular resource, people have already gone without them at your GP and have done just fine. And honestly, if some of these players can’t get Aeros in conquest, how much are those players even contributing to the Crancor wins? That being said, I agree that their should be easier access to aeros for ALL players

Isn't that the point of guilds? And how players grow? The "top half" of the guild pitches in more, because they're able - and the "bottom half" reaps the rewards. It's how young accounts are brought up. Along with the whole transfer of knowledge from the mature accounts to the young.

That guild coop is critical to the nature of guilds themselves. I thought you mentioned something previously about your distaste for people "guild hopping" to achieve higher rewards, but rather preferred sticking with a guild and helping it grow. So I'm not sure why you wouldn't have this mentality of helping the smaller accounts already baked in to your thinking...

Isn't that the point of guilds? And how players grow? The "top half" of the guild pitches in more, because they're able - and the "bottom half" reaps the rewards. It's how young accounts are brought up. Along with the whole transfer of knowledge from the mature accounts to the young.

That guild coop is critical to the nature of guilds themselves. I thought you mentioned something previously about your distaste for people "guild hopping" to achieve higher rewards, but rather preferred sticking with a guild and helping it grow. So I'm not sure why you wouldn't have this mentality of helping the smaller accounts already baked in to your thinking...

I just don’t think players in 5-6 mil range should feel entitled to Aeros or complain about only having 137 of them. When a lot of other guilds and players have gone with a much more limited fund. Now you can scrap for them like the rest of us. My distaste is for the medium players that bail decent guilds, not quite crancor ready, in order to mooch off higher end players.
  • Lumiya
    1582 posts Member
    Options
    Starslayer wrote: »

First: we have far less total gear value than before with raid 2.0 , I totally agree with about everyone. More raid money are needed if the point is to give us about the same value as before, even if a little less would be understandable as we could buy exactly what we need. But we don’t seem to be in the ‘little less’ area.

Still: you shouldn't’ be so focused on aeros. You need 1 R9 and 10 R8 to unlock every character in the game and don’t need more to engage actively in every content in the game (engage doesn’t mean complete, because R9 in tb and R8 in raid). Raid money is so much better than a specific gear piece.

I get what you are saying, first let me make clear, that I am not talking about myself here. I am lucky that I can get 1st in fleet every day and I used my crystals for the higher Relic mats in the past because it isn't thaaat long ago that my guild managed to clear CPit and I will be able to do so in the future aswell (as long as they don't overhaul fleets 🤫) I am just very well aware that most of the players are not that lucky and I see it in my guild for example with the smaller accounts, how much more difficult it already was for them and how much more difficult it now will be.

Of course Aeros are not everything and I also think, that all the other rewards are just as important if not even more. I just wanted to provide some people with an explanation why there are players whom concentrate on the Aeros. But I am sure, that the Aeros are not their only concern... Just one of many in relation to the reward changes.
  • DeusArt
    135 posts Member
    Options
    This data is not clear, yes.
    But 42 kyros per month it's real - (GET2 and kyros drop itself) x 4-5 runs.
    And if Kyrotech is carbanti level gear - why 5 pices costs 2000 MK2 raid tokens?

• Ultra
    11592 posts Moderator
    Options

New raid numbers are based on 130 million guild crate, and 4.5 million personal crate.

I undervalued the old gear boxes since finding data on those is sketchy.

Old rewards
    18.7 million credits
    1.4 million ship credits
    35 aeromagnifiers
    1836 carbanti level gear
    42 kyros
    And all gear in boxes (240 carbanti level and 110 fusion furnace level based on very low numbers)

New rewards

So the long story short, is for this situation:

Mk1 currency is slightly better rewards
    Mk2 currency is about the same
    Mk3 currency is about the same

But, if you make less than those crates, which a lot of guilds will, it is not a good value. Anything less than 130 million guild crate deletes the aeromagnifier level mk3 tokens.

So any guild that could do cpit, but does not get the above rewards is suffering.

Hopefully we will see a change

Here is the full data.

10 times a month doing each currency x10

Krayt guild box level 130 million

Mk 1-42,600
    Mk 2-24,750
    Mk 3-6,750

Personal box level 4.5

Mk 1-42,150
    Mk 2-17,600
    Mk 3-1,000

So per month combined
    Mk 1-84,750
    Mk 2-42,350
    Mk 3-7,750

That buys
    1 aero is 200 Mk 3. That is 38.5 aero magnifiers. No other mk3 currency left

1 fusion furnace is 67 mk2. That is 632 fusion furnace or equivalent. That is one of the cheaper ones

1 mk3 carbanti is 22 mk1. That is 3852 carbanti or equivalent

Old raids

Rancor

10 times a month
    Shards 100 Han Solo
    8300 guild tokens
    3 million credits
    Variable gear

Tank

8 times a month
    Shards 48 kenobi
    11,200 guild tokens
    5,760,000 credits
    1,456,000 ship credits
    Variable gear

Sith

6 times a month assuming 5th place
    Shards 42 Traya
    12,450 guild tokens
    3,300 get 1 currency
    3 million credits roughly
    Variable gear

Cpit

5 times a month assuming 5th place
    2,750 get 1 currency
    2,750 get 2 currency
    35 aeromagnifiers
    4 million credits

Totals
    Shards 190
    Get 1 6,050
    Get 2 2,750
    Guild tokens 31,950
    18.7 million credits
    1.4 million ship credits
    35 aero magnifiers
    Lots of variable gear

That’s assuming rank 5-10 depending on the raid

What you can buy with that, that we lost

570 ship credits per mk1
    So 48 million ship credits

30 shard shop per shard, so 5,700 shard shop

Guild tokens can buy 1400 carbanti
    Get 1 can buy 252 carbanti
    Get 2 can buy 42 kyro
    Shard shop can buy 184 carbanti

So total 1836 carbanti and 42 kyro

Old rewards
    18.7 million credits
    1.4 million ship credits
    35 aeromagnifiers
    1836 carbanti level gear
    42 kyros
    And all gear in boxes (240 carbanti level and 110 fusion furnace level)

New rewards

This feels disingenuous to me

Nobody is reasonably running CPit 5x a month unless they are mercing which is an outlier

It’s better to compare one run of each raid than multiplying and per expected month

Also, 130 million is your chosen box but it would be fairer to mention what rewards you get at different boxes rather than choosing 130 million

I’m not sure how you can select rank 5-10 of other raids either

That’s also disingenuous

Sim gives you rank 11 rewards

So you should look at rank 11 rewards of the legacy raids in comparison (yes even HStr, because if they kept the old format but introduced Sim it would be rank 11)
  • CorranHorn80
    48 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    It’s not disingenuous. It’s the data from my experience with the new raid. And the old raids, I chose what I thought would be the correct amount of attempts in a month.

As far as ranks, those were the screenshots I found online and my own personal ones.

This is a snapshot of data for my experience.

The data is laid out. Take it for what you will.

If you feel it’s incorrect, take the time to find your own data. This is an unbiased account of the new vs. old raid structure.

I felt the people here deserved to see it. If you don’t believe it, that’s great. But this isn’t an opinion, it’s a data set based on personal experience.
  • Options

I just don’t think players in 5-6 mil range should feel entitled to Aeros or complain about only having 137 of them. When a lot of other guilds and players have gone with a much more limited fund. Now you can scrap for them like the rest of us. My distaste is for the medium players that bail decent guilds, not quite crancor ready, in order to mooch off higher end players.

That's fair if that's your viewpoint - although mine differs.

But you still aren't addressing the fact that something people specifically built for and spent a boatload of time and resources to achieve was taken away from them. Ignore aeros for a moment. Look at all the other rewards that are not comp'ing between the old raids and the new (there's plenty of posts about that here in this thread, on other threads, and all over discord and reddit).

As I've tried to convey on multiple posts now - when you invest into completing a challenge, that challenge should not be stripped away, leaving you without the rewards that you worked specifically to achieve.

Moving the goalposts is not cool - and if CG doesn't rectify it soon it's going to cost them some amount of players.