Where is the interesting part of the new raid?

Prev13456
Olderaan
184 posts Member
edited November 2023
It's not nice to criticize something without trying it, but since the detailed description has been published, there are lot of things to discuss.
So...seriously. Who invented this new raid? Who would have thought that this will be exciting and interesting? Based on the description, it seems to me that it will be extremely complicated and extremely monotonous at the same time.
When CG announced the shiny new Endor raid, I thought there would be 3-4 tiers, missions and locations from the Jedi movie. For example, yes, one of these could be the speeder bike scene, then e.g. the siege of the bunker and finally the main boss fight, against an AT-ST. Instead, I now feel like I accidentally find myself at a math conference where I don't understand anything, but I don't care neither.
Why did I develop these excellent characters if I can't use their abilities and their effectiveness depends only on their stats?
Why do I have to read 5 pages to even understand the mechanics of how a raid works, when visually all that happens is 3 bikers fighting 2 other bikers?
Why do I have to watch the same rolling landscape background for 8 battles when RoTJ is full of beautiful locations and scenes on Endor alone?
CG, where is the interesting part in this new raid? Do you think the part about farming a bunch of accuracy mods is interesting and exciting? Or do you think that we will love when the whole raid looks like a big math thesis?
I am very, very disappointed and our next 1 year is not looking very good at all in terms of raids!

Replies

• Options
    Olderaan wrote: »
    It's not nice to criticize something without trying it, but since the detailed description has been published, there are lot of things to discuss.
    So...seriously. Who invented this new raid? Who would have thought that this will be exciting and interesting? Based on the description, it seems to me that it will be extremely complicated and extremely monotonous at the same time.
    When CG announced the shiny new Endor raid, I thought there would be 3-4 tiers, missions and locations from the Jedi movie. For example, yes, one of these could be the speeder bike scene, then e.g. the siege of the bunker and finally the main boss fight, against an AT-ST. Instead, I now feel like I accidentally find myself at a math conference where I don't understand anything, but I don't care neither.
    Why did I develop these excellent characters if I can't use their abilities and their effectiveness depends only on their stats?
    Why do I have to read 5 pages to even understand the mechanics of how a raid works, when visually all that happens is 3 bikers fighting 2 other bikers?
    Why do I have to watch the same rolling landscape background for 8 battles when RoTJ is full of beautiful locations and scenes on Endor alone?
    CG, where is the interesting part in this new raid? Do you think the part about farming a bunch of accuracy mods is interesting and exciting? Or do you think that we will love when the whole raid looks like a big math thesis?
    I am very, very disappointed and our next 1 year is not looking very good at all in terms of raids!

completely agree, dont get me started on the GL event starting same day as rote, it will be dialled up to impossible hardness. they are sucking anything enjoyable from this app(games are meant to be fun and this app has zero fun)
  • Options
    Haters gonna hate.
  • Options
    Fellah wrote: »
    Haters gonna hate.

i love star wars, not a big fan of incompetence tbh
  • Options
    Krayt raid is stupid boring so i dont see s big difference with this one but i will wait to judge it until it is out.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Drathuk916
    643 posts Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    1npfenevaxvq.jpeg

This is the part that concerns me. So yeah we have 8 attempts now opposed to 5, so let’s adjust max points of 13.5 million to 8 attempts which is 1.6875 million per team. That’s a ton of speeder bikes to destroy per team. I hope they’ve adjusted points more than to adjust for more teams.

The point of asking for raids to run less frequently, for me, was to spend less time raiding not to just adjust frequency without saving time spent.
  • scuba
    14176 posts Member
    Options
    Drathuk916 wrote: »
    1npfenevaxvq.jpeg

This is the part that concerns me. So yeah we have 8 attempts now opposed to 5, so let’s adjust max points of 13.5 million to 8 attempts which is 1.6875 million per team. That’s a ton of speeder bikes to destroy per team. I hope they’ve adjusted points more than to adjust for more teams.

The point of asking for raids to run less frequently, for me, was to spend less time raiding not to just adjust frequency without saving time spent.

Maybe that is without the difficulty multiplayer.
  • Options
    Haters gonna hate.

Where did you see that I hate it?
    I've been playing this game every day since 2016. During these years I've found a lot of thing exciting and few things bored or bad in it. So far nobody cares this part.
    And now comes what is perhaps more interesting: the first three raids were very well planned. We played with them for years before we got bored of them, then they became simable or easily auto playable. We got bored of the dragon raid in a few months. Now, if this Endor raid is going to be about what we see in Leia Tier 5, then we got a big problem. We'll probably get bored in a few weeks in terms of raid.
    So I'm not criticizing the game because I hate it, but because I quite like it and I don't want it to become boring and burned out. And I definitely don't want it to become a math calculation task without any fun.
  • Options
    Drathuk916 wrote: »
    1npfenevaxvq.jpeg

First: thanks scuba for the difficulty multiplier reminder.

A scout trooper killed in the last difficulty (x9) will give you 9x15000=135 000 pts

If you need 13,500,000 pts to get max points, that’s exactly 100 scout troopers defeated in max difficulty. It might not be a coincidence.
  • Options
    Haters gonna hate.

I've been playing this game every day since 2016. During these years I've found a lot of thing exciting and few things bored or bad in it. So far nobody cares this part.
    And now comes what is perhaps more interesting: the first three raids were very well planned. We played with them for years before we got bored of them, then they became simable or easily auto playable. We got bored of the dragon raid in a few months. Now, if this Endor raid is going to be about what we see in Leia Tier 5, then we got a big problem. We'll probably get bored in a few weeks in terms of raid.
    So I'm not criticizing the game because I hate it, but because I quite like it and I don't want it to become boring and burned out. And I definitely don't want it to become a math calculation task without any fun.

Yeah, sorry, maybe my misunderstanding came from not being able to grasp how you can so precisely predict the new raid's quality before actually playing it. Surely, I haven’t been playing as long as you, so perhaps I don’t share your perspective. It’s possible that the first raids seemed better because you weren't as burned out on the game back then, leading to a rosier memory of them. I believe newer players might not view the new raid as negatively and won't get bored as quickly. Of course, there's always room for improvement. I totally agree that it’s important for new content to meet the expectations of older players, since newer ones might not be as critical and have different concerns.
  • Cynyc
    271 posts Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Haters gonna hate.

Yeah, sorry, maybe my misunderstanding came from not being able to grasp how you can so precisely predict the new raid's quality before actually playing it. Surely, I haven’t been playing as long as you, so perhaps I don’t share your perspective. It’s possible that the first raids seemed better because you weren't as burned out on the game back then, leading to a rosier memory of them. I believe newer players might not view the new raid as negatively and won't get bored as quickly. Of course, there's always room for improvement. I totally agree that it’s important for new content to meet the expectations of older players, since newer ones might not be as critical and have different concerns.

Picking up on some biting sarcasm in those first few sentences. Cool stuff there!

New players will not have a frame of reference for what it was like to play previous raids, no. This has nothing to do with burnout lmao.

There isn’t some weird divide in new vs old player expectations. Everyone just wants the game to be good and fun. Endor doesn’t look very good nor fun. It’s just that simple.
  • Gawejn
    1141 posts Member
    Options
    If new raid will be like bike pursuit from gl leia event in terms of graphics and same phase 1 for like next 10monts...hm .....what to say...
  • Options
    Looks like one of the ancient space invader games for me paired with donkey kong....
  • Options
    And ability changes ... why? For what reason? There are enough changes with zeta, with omicron for tw and tw and Gac and datacron change all the year. WHY? Do you want to kill it cg?
  • Enas007
    63 posts Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    And experimental ... open minded ... well i would love to see that once from your side cg.
  • Options
    Enas007 wrote: »
    And experimental ... open minded ... well i would love to see that once from your side cg.

:facepalm:
    all the Jedi say I’m pretty fly for a Qui guy
  • Options
    Enas007 wrote: »

Say what you will about the quality of the raid or what components of it you do or don’t like, but I don’t think you can say it’s not “experimental”.

By definition, and simply put, “experimental” would mean “trying new things”.

Has there been a raid like Endor before Endor? No. Therefore, it is an experimental raid. Where it’s a failed or successful experiment is another matter. But it is, by definition, experimental.

“Open-mindedness”? Idk, not really an adjective in my “describe a company” arsenal.
  • Options

Yeah, sorry, maybe my misunderstanding came from not being able to grasp how you can so precisely predict the new raid's quality before actually playing it.

That's why I started the post like this: "It's not nice to criticize something without trying it, but..."
    Anyway, my judgement is based on the detailed announcement and what I saw in tier 5 of Leia event.

In terms of failed or successful experiment: unfortunately, this will not be revealed, apart from complaining here on the forum, as we will need the mk3 raid token, so we will play with this raid as well, but the metadata does not show that we are not doing it in good mood.
  • Options
    Isn't the speeder thing already a part of the Leia journey? So basically in the lack of imagination, they'll basically recycle one part of the Leia journey. That's how I see it. I really miss raids with multiple phases, this Kyrat raid in my opinion was a fail. Constantly doing the same thing over and over and over again, gets boring within a month. Sure every raid gets boring fast, but these one dimensional 1 phase raids scream laziness from the developer's part.
    Which let's be honest has been obvious lately.

Kyrat launch was a fail
    Conquest on steroids was a fail
    Maraduer taking out top fleets was a fail
    Leviathan launch was a fail
    Jabba's bugged journey was a fail
    Leia's journey is still currently a semi-fail
    And the list goes on and on.

Basically they'll throw out untested content, with severe miscalculations on rewards and game economy. Which pretty much translates into them caring nothing about the player base and doing the bare minimum for profit.

At the end of the day this is a game that you can't even play, it's contents are very limited to energy, time, lack of content.
    It's not like something that you can play more to advance more/faster like 95% of other games. At best you get 15-20 minutes of actual game time out of it a day.

They could easily implement practice nods to practice on your current rosters that is not limited by any kind of energy. No rewards, but we could practice battles,without actually being afraid of dropping a battle. Stuff like that would be cool and useful. It'd give us content to mess with as well.

Anyways I'm not wowed at all by the upcoming raid, sounds like an altered version of the already existing Leia journey.
  • TVF
    36772 posts Member
    Options
    Haters gonna hate.

Who is "we" in this scenario
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Isn't the speeder thing already a part of the Leia journey? So basically in the lack of imagination, they'll basically recycle one part of the Leia journey. That's how I see it. I really miss raids with multiple phases, this Kyrat raid in my opinion was a fail. Constantly doing the same thing over and over and over again, gets boring within a month. Sure every raid gets boring fast, but these one dimensional 1 phase raids scream laziness from the developer's part.

Kyrat launch was a fail

Basically they'll throw out untested content, with severe miscalculations on rewards and game economy. Which pretty much translates into them caring nothing about the player base and doing the bare minimum for profit.

At the end of the day this is a game that you can't even play, it's contents are very limited to energy, time, lack of content.
    It's not like something that you can play more to advance more/faster like 95% of other games. At best you get 15-20 minutes of actual game time out of it a day.

They could easily implement practice nods to practice on your current rosters that is not limited by any kind of energy. No rewards, but we could practice battles,without actually being afraid of dropping a battle. Stuff like that would be cool and useful. It'd give us content to mess with as well.

Anyways I'm not wowed at all by the upcoming raid, sounds like an altered version of the already existing Leia journey.

they hide behind their tags such as crumb and tusken meathead because they are ashamed of the shoddy work they do.
  • Options
    crumb and meathead are community managers not devs. Their jobs are to inform the community and serve as intermediaries between the devs and the community. They don't design the raids. Also, what do usernames/tags have anything to do with the quality of their work? Everyone uses a username online, some of which are not their real name.
  • TVF
    36772 posts Member
    Options
    r21stephen wrote: »

Kyrat launch was a fail

they hide behind their tags such as crumb and tusken meathead because they are ashamed of the shoddy work they do.

No it's because people are insane and would be a legit threat to the personal safety of themselves and their families.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Haters gonna hate.

Who is "we" in this scenario

Let's say I speak behalf of my guild. Plus, I can see many similar opinion here, so basically we = part of the community. Not everyone of course.
    By the way, I would be interested to read your opinion about the new raid, in relation to the time/boredom factor of the previous legacy raids and the new type of raids.
  • Options

Kyrat launch was a fail

No it's because people are insane and would be a legit threat to the personal safety of themselves and their families.

thankyou, but people wouldnt be so irate if the game was less shoddy. and we could all live happily ever after
  • Options

Kyrat launch was a fail

thankyou, but people wouldnt be so irate if the game was less shoddy. and we could all live happily ever after

So a ‘legit threat to the personal safety of themselves and their families’ is their fault because the game is shoddy ? I’m not sure you’re realizing what you’re implying here. Better stay on topic.

The interesting part of the new raid is how different it is.

My concern is how they will make it so we won’t be repeating the same cycle of skills with a particular team all the time until enrage. Krayt dragon had phases in the fight that made it interesting (at least for me).
  • Notthatguyfrombefore
    1108 posts Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Starslayer wrote: »

Kyrat launch was a fail

So a ‘legit threat to the personal safety of themselves and their families’ is their fault because the game is shoddy ? I’m not sure you’re realizing what you’re implying here. Better stay on topic.

My concern is how they will make it so we won’t be repeating the same cycle of skills with a particular team all the time until enrage. Krayt dragon had phases in the fight that made it interesting (at least for me).

Personally I’m hoping that the increased down time between raids will help with the burnout. Needing to do it only once every 6 rather than 3 days is a nice QoL update.

For everything else related to the game play, personally, I’m going to have to reserve judgement until it’s live.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Starslayer wrote: »

Kyrat launch was a fail

Personally I’m hoping that the increased down time between raids will help with the burnout. Needing to do it only once every 6 rather than 3 days is a nice QoL update.

For everything else related to the game play, personally, I’m going to have to reserve judgement until it’s live.

by once you mean 8 times per week?
  • Options
    theres zero qol about repeating monotonous tasks
  • Options
    Let's call a spade a spade. It's 8 team runs per week instead of 10. It's a very slight decrease in the number of attempts based tedium. I really hope that the gameplay is significantly more engaging and faster than the Leia ultimate speederbike stage. If it's that dull and needs done 8 times per week I can see a lot of my guild mates getting bored and burned out within a month and just hitting auto.

I think what we really need is an option to sim our best previous score. The raid is already tracking that, and guilds/individuals pushing for better rewards is already enough incentive to reattempt a personal best score every month/new relic/ability/mod investment. Forcing us to replay the same dull event 32 times a month may get the bean counters their 'engagement' (time spent in game) but it's abhorrent design and can lead to burnout. When Conquest/grind quest is at a glance more engaging than your new raid (at least you need to use and attack different teams each time; it's not the same thing over and over save grinding feats on the DC nodes but that's usually on auto), then your design team needs to think harder about a rework/adding QoL features.