600 B1 Kills for Conquest

Prev1345
MasterSeedy
5045 posts Member
edited March 14
We don't actually fight 600 battles in 2 weeks, so it's hard to see how this is possible if taken as a straightforward description of what we're expected to do. It's very likely that something else is going on here with the mechanics, but can we please get some clarification on this?

Is it actually remove 600 stacks of Droid Battalion? That would only be 6 b1s so it seems a bit light. On the other hand, if it's per time you remove stacks, and stacks are normally removed 8 at a time, that's a maximum of 13 "kills" per B1 defeated. That's still 47 battles against nodes that include b1s. That's... that's a lot.

But of course it's worse than that, b/c B1 will normally appear with GG, and GG will deal damage to the b1 eliminating stacks that the player could otherwise reduce via damage. It's not likely we could even average 10 "kills" per B1. But on the other hand, maybe we get credit for killing our own B1 when we run Grievous lead?

The permutations of what counts and what doesn't stack pretty rapidly. It would be nice if we could get some clarification on what, exactly, we're expected to do.

Thanks, @CG_Tusken_Meathead and whoever else helps out!
Post edited by MasterSeedy on

Replies

• MasterSeedy
    5045 posts Member
    edited March 14
    Options
    People should also be aware that there's no AA or Ruthless Swiftness on the list of disks. This may make the STAP kills impossible (or at least implausible) because you can't use AA to reduce opponents to 1 health.

On the plus side Zealous Ambition is back, but it's best used as an opening nuke by someone like AdRad or Dash, and if you use it that way you can't pick up kills with other toons. So winning with X toon alive feats will be easy, but Killing enemies with X toon may be very difficult unless that list of disks is incomplete.

Actually I've come up with a starter strategy for STAP kills at g11 (will need testing).
    50RT lead droids

Republic Resolve: If GalRep, reflect 20% of damage back on enemy
    Voluntary Vanguard: With GalRep droid modified for highest health/prot
    Protection Shield: Regn Prot when taking a crit

Enemy: Someone that gains a lot of TM and does a lot of attacks. Ewoks work well. Geos might also, depending on how powerful that opening AoE is.

Strategy:
    Let enemy pound on GR droid. The damage reflected cannot defeat the enemy.
    STAP uses AoE to kill as many as possible.

WARNING: 50R-T revive doesn't work (STAP is a Separatist)

Best results if:
    Remod to have STAP go fastest, others modded for slow survivability.

That's the best I got until we can get in and test this thing.
  • Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Im guessing one of the boss nodes may be a preview of the Naboo raid with waves of B1's. Perhaps testing something out for a change?

It does seem like this will be the case, from what I’ve seen on the Events discord. Possibly testing for the Raid, but either way should make the feat much simpler, if not cheesable.
  • Pertor
    43 posts Member
    Options
    Where is the info on conquest 14 feats hidden? Can't find it.
  • Mohrg
    200 posts Member
    Options
    The SWOGH events discord server, CG haven't given us anything yet.
  • Options
    Pertor wrote: »
    Where is the info on conquest 14 feats hidden? Can't find it.

gya30dp2qgjg.png
  • Pertor
    43 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks a lot!
  • Sdtbarbarossa
    325 posts Member
    edited March 14
    Options
    We don't actually fight 600 battles in 2 weeks, so it's hard to see how this is possible if taken as a straightforward description of what we're expected to do. It's very likely that something else is going on here with the mechanics, but can we please get some clarification on this?

Is it actually remove 600 stacks of Droid Battalion? That would only be 6 b1s so it seems a bit light. On the other hand, if it's per time you remove stacks, and stacks are normally removed 8 at a time, that's a maximum of 13 "kills" per B1 defeated. That's still 47 battles against nodes that include b1s. That's... that's a lot.

But of course it's worse than that, b/c B1 will normally appear with GG, and GG will deal damage to the b1 eliminating stacks that the player could otherwise reduce via damage. It's not likely we could even average 10 "kills" per B1. But on the other hand, maybe we get credit for killing our own B1 when we run Grievous lead?

The permutations of what counts and what doesn't stack pretty rapidly. It would be nice if we could get some clarification on what, exactly, we're expected to do.

Thanks, @CG_Tusken_Meathead and whoever else helps out!

you are missinterpreting the situation. There is a Sector 3 Boss Node. These B1 dont have any "Stacks". In Fact they have a normal Health bar like the B1's you know from AAT Raid. And you can kill up to 60 in a single Fight (wich will lead to 3 star)

For more Informations... visit us over on swgoh.events
  • Options
    People should also be aware that there's no AA or Ruthless Swiftness on the list of disks. This may make the STAP kills impossible (or at least implausible) because you can't use AA to reduce opponents to 1 health.

On the plus side Zealous Ambition is back, but it's best used as an opening nuke by someone like AdRad or Dash, and if you use it that way you can't pick up kills with other toons. So winning with X toon alive feats will be easy, but Killing enemies with X toon may be very difficult unless that list of disks is incomplete.

Actually I've come up with a starter strategy for STAP kills at g11 (will need testing).
    50RT lead droids

Enemy: Someone that gains a lot of TM and does a lot of attacks. Ewoks work well. Geos might also, depending on how powerful that opening AoE is.

Strategy:

Best results if:

If ZA is back, the old strategy of opening with 5th brother AOE may be an option - this may take some tuning of mods to get him fast enough and get the damage just right to set them up for a killing blow with STAP AOE.

There's also a Nightsister Zombie on the sector 1 boss node, so there's surely some cheese available there.

Either way this may be a hard skip from me as all the other feats seem very accessible - for me anyway. I know that won't be the case for everyone.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options

50RT lead droids

Strategy:

Best results if:

Aren't R2 and 3PO the only GR droids?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Gotta love how the feats keep getting worse. Just stop beating around the bush and make conquest characters straight up paywalled on the first run, it's inevitably heading there anyway.
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    Gotta love how the feats keep getting worse. Just stop beating around the bush and make conquest characters straight up paywalled on the first run, it's inevitably heading there anyway.

I get a sense that maybe you haven't looked at the feats. If anything, the feats continue to get easier. This is easily one of the most approachable and accessible conquests ever, though the last conquest was pretty tame. Anyone that can play hard conquest should be able to at least get gold box. 6 of those gets you the character. What pay wall?
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options

I get a sense that maybe you haven't looked at the feats. If anything, the feats continue to get easier. This is easily one of the most approachable and accessible conquests ever, though the last conquest was pretty tame. Anyone that can play hard conquest should be able to at least get gold box. 6 of those gets you the character. What pay wall?

agreed, i can't imagine anyone with a decent roster who actually bothered to look at the feats would think it's getting worse
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    364 posts EA Community Manager
    Options
    The sector 3 boss is an unlimited waves mechanic
  • Options
    :Vunce:
    I am the Tard of Tards
  • Options

Maybe try reading before replying, I said paywall on the first run. And pretty much the only way it could be less approachable would be if they included Gungans.

Harsh - I read what you said. I'm not sure what it was in my reply that would indicate that I didn't understand you.

Rebels, Galactic Republic, Jedi, Inquisitors, Nightsisters, Droids, Imperial Troopers - Those are all factions most of us have serviceable squads for. Beq/IG12, STAP, Boss Nass - all are feats that are attainable at low stars with a little thought, and/or a youtube video - and you don't even have to do them all to get red crate - you don't have to do any for gold crate.

I generally don't whale on characters - I don't buy shards with crystals or money - I farm everything from energy nodes and I've never had any trouble completing feats for newer characters. It's mostly just a matter of caring enough to figure out a way. It's a puzzle, like so many other things in this game are. Maybe that's not the kind of thing you find fun - and that's a valid position to have. If you don't like conquest, you don't like conquest - that's fine.

To say it's paywalled (on the first run or any other run) or that conquest is getting worse might send the impression to people that it's hopeless, when nothing could be farther from the truth. For a veteran player like yourself, I can promise that if you're struggling it's almost surely because of a lack of information resources - but definitely not a lack of capability or roster depth.
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options

Petition to increase it to 1000 then
  • Options

Thank you very much. I'm grateful for you getting back to us so quickly.

On the down side, this means that we can't make feat progress on the DC node. I realize that Conquest will always require grinding, but I thought we'd moved away from grinding on non-DC nodes so that players could/would focus on gaining DCs as CG clearly intended.

I'm sure that they'll look at the data and that will count for more, but I won't be increasing my crystal refresh spending even a tiny bit based on this. Instead I'll just pay less attention to DCs. Call me the opposite of excited for a change that refocusses grinding on zero-rewards nodes.
  • Options

On the down side, this means that we can't make feat progress on the DC node. I realize that Conquest will always require grinding, but I thought we'd moved away from grinding on non-DC nodes so that players could/would focus on gaining DCs as CG clearly intended.

I'm sure that they'll look at the data and that will count for more, but I won't be increasing my crystal refresh spending even a tiny bit based on this. Instead I'll just pay less attention to DCs. Call me the opposite of excited for a change that refocusses grinding on zero-rewards nodes.

Would you still feel that way if there were a way to complete the feat in one or two battles?
  • Sdtbarbarossa
    325 posts Member
    edited March 14
    Options

so far from what i have seen... if you have a full squad of Nightsisters and good data disks... you can do the feat in 2-3 Battles

you could basically do it in 1 Battle... but the 10 min time limit will prevent you from that
  • Options
    Call me the opposite of excited for a change that refocusses grinding on zero-rewards nodes.

Would you still feel that way if there were a way to complete the feat in one or two battles?

No. But someone above said you can get "up to 60 kills". I'm perfectly willing to fight through **literally** endless waves to get my 600 in 1-2 battles. It was paying to do the battle 9 times (I'm assuming I'll get other kills to some degree) that was affecting my outlook here.

That said, I'm not going to remember 587 kills. I'll literally be stopping to create hashmarks on a piece of paper every time a new wave is summoned. Unlimited waves with no idea when to stop seems like a perfect opportunity for a feat counter.

I know, I know, it's a brand new idea and it never occurred to anyone to build a feat counter, but hey, this would be the time for it.

• Options
    so far from what i have seen... if you have a full squad of Nightsisters and good data disks... you can do the feat in 2-3 Battles

you could basically do it in 1 Battle... but the 10 min time limit will prevent you from that

Ah. That is better than "up to 60 kills" mentioned above. I do indeed have some decent NS (r5+ except Talzin at r3) and Zealous Ambition is in the plan.

• CG_Tusken_Meathead
    364 posts EA Community Manager
    Options
    To 3 Star the node you need to get 60 kills

In theory, you could get 600 kills in one battle, but I'll be surprised if anyone finds the special sauce to do it.

I'll be watching :)
  • Options

In theory, you could get 600 kills in one battle, but I'll be surprised if anyone finds the special sauce to do it.

WHEN I find it - I'll be happy to share the secret sauce with you - so long as you don't go changing the recipe after I share it ;)
  • Options
    Oh challenge accepted.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options

WHEN I find it - I'll be happy to share the secret sauce with you - so long as you don't go changing the recipe after I share it ;)

It's not secret, it's special.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    That said, I'm not going to remember 587 kills. I'll literally be stopping to create hashmarks on a piece of paper every time a new wave is summoned. Unlimited waves with no idea when to stop seems like a perfect opportunity for a feat counter.

CG got you covered this time! There is a small Box in the battle that will count the B1's you already defeated. Its a really, really good addition
  • Options
    I plan on taking the next two weeks off from work to play conquest….my other job
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options

FIRST ORDER TIE PILOT lead with no other allies
  • Options

Ventress ramps with each kill.

Ventress + a lot of ZA could eventually 1-shot the b1s with enough kills. If you can ramp her that high, she feeds TM to herself and just AoEs over and over.

Of course I don't know how high is high enough and if that's feasible, but there's a pathway there.

If each wave counts as a separate encounter, that will sabotage that plan, but right now it's the only idea in play.