Ultra
11509 posts Moderator
edited April 5
People i banned be like:

iv1scbrrw35w.jpg
Post edited by Ultra on

Replies

• Options
    are they shutting down permanently? If so will something replace them?
  • Ultra
    11509 posts Moderator
    Options
    sledge7088 wrote: »
    are they shutting down permanently? If so will something replace them?

you will be redirected to EA Forums which will be the future host of SWGOH forums
  • Lovimgsaskia1
    371 posts Member
    edited April 2
    Options
    @Ultra will mods remain the same under the EA forum, or will existing mods there cover it?
  • Iy4oy4s
    2937 posts Member
    Options
    Wonder how @Kyno is doin. Hope he’s doing good.
  • Ultra
    11509 posts Moderator
    Options
    @Ultra will mods remain the same under the EA forum, or will existing mods there cover it?

there will be EA staffers moderating the platform afaik
  • Shærky
    1 posts Member
    edited April 3
    Options
    cant wait to see :smiley:
    442-822-814 dare you to send me an ally request
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    you will be redirected to EA Forums which will be the future host of SWGOH forums

What EA Forum?

Is this it?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/STAR-WARS-Galaxy-of-Heroes/ct-p/star-wars-en

If not, what is the link to this EA Forum, please?
    Thanks.
    Started to play: Oct 30, 2022 --- Ally code: 628-998-777 --- My links: swgoh.gg | youtube | My SWGOH journey | NORDIC KINGDOM is recruiting
  • Blubcop
    379 posts Member
    Options

What EA Forum?

Is this it?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/STAR-WARS-Galaxy-of-Heroes/ct-p/star-wars-en

If not, what is the link to this EA Forum, please?
    Thanks.

They said it launches in summer so I don't think there is any link yet
  • Options
    Wait so we'll just have no forum at all for 2-4 months?
  • Ultra
    11509 posts Moderator
    Options
    all hell will break loose
  • Options
    all hell will break loose

So just another typical day on the forums, lol
  • Screerider
    1372 posts Member
    Options
    April 5th is Summer?
  • Blubcop
    379 posts Member
    Options
    Screerider wrote: »
    April 5th is Summer?

There is no new forum tomorrow
  • Options
    Yeah, it's a bit confusing that "the forum is shutting down tomorrow" and also "the forum is open until summer".

Best guess is that they're just saying that CG won't be updating this forum after tomorrow, but who knows what it really means.

Hm.

Attempting to @ CG Tusken Meathead isn't working. CG may be off the forum job already.
  • Stokat
    829 posts Member
    Options
    @Ultra forums is broken
  • Options
    Blubcop wrote: »
    Screerider wrote: »
    April 5th is Summer?

There is no new forum tomorrow
    main-qimg-666e54706f8063de17da372135da356a

• Options
    @CG_Tusken_Meathead so will the forums be shutting down tomorrow or will it still be going until the new forums are available?
  • Ultra
    11509 posts Moderator
    Options
    CG_Tusken_Meathead so will the forums be shutting down tomorrow or will it still be going until the new forums are available?

This forums will be active and running until the new one opens up in summer but no posts will be transferred over to the new forums after tomorrow
  • Screerider
    1372 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe update the title?
  • Options
    Shoot. I’d taken a new selfie for the new forums and everything.
  • StarSon
    7450 posts Member
    Options
    CG_Tusken_Meathead so will the forums be shutting down tomorrow or will it still be going until the new forums are available?

This forums will be active and running until the new one opens up in summer but no posts will be transferred over to the new forums after tomorrow

You do realize that this is not the same as the forum is shutting down today, right?
  • Options
    @StarSon

CG might have gotten bad info from EA, or even good info that was written in a way that wasn't entirely clear. I'm not particularly worried about it. They know it's different. They've tried to provide updated info.
  • StarSon
    7450 posts Member
    Options
    @StarSon

CG might have gotten bad info from EA, or even good info that was written in a way that wasn't entirely clear. I'm not particularly worried about it. They know it's different. They've tried to provide updated info.

Doesn't look like bad information from CG. The original announcement and Meat's reminder say that today is the cutoff for migration, but the new forums won't be the new forums until summer. Ultra just trolling us again getting everyone to think it's changed and forums were closing today.
  • Ultra
    11509 posts Moderator
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »

You do realize that this is not the same as the forum is shutting down today, right?

yes, the thread title is exaggerated for dramatic effect, sheesh
  • Options
    I can’t find the new forums in the EA website. What is it called? I have searched for the name that is listed for these forums and nothing.
  • Options
    Thorvald85 wrote: »
    I can’t find the new forums in the EA website. What is it called? I have searched for the name that is listed for these forums and nothing.

The new forums don't open up until summer sometime. Despite the seemingly certain date of April 5th, these forums aren't actually shutting down until the new website goes up.

The real deadline, it seems, is that anything we write on these forums here will be deleted from the internet forever after the migration, because today was the day they're creating the backup that they'll use in the migration to the new forums.

So keep writing here as much as you like for a couple more months. Maybe as many as 5, who knows? I hear the new website is coming in August.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2937 posts Member
    Options
    Thorvald85 wrote: »

The new forums don't open up until summer sometime. Despite the seemingly certain date of April 5th, these forums aren't actually shutting down until the new website goes up.

The real deadline, it seems, is that anything we write on these forums here will be deleted from the internet forever after the migration, because today was the day they're creating the backup that they'll use in the migration to the new forums.

So keep writing here as much as you like for a couple more months. Maybe as many as 5, who knows? I hear the new website is coming in August.

Strange to cut it off so early….why not a week prior? Why several weeks/months? Oh well, along for the ride.