Current Galactic Challenge

Replies

• herd_nerfer
    2098 posts Member
    Options
    I just used GI lead Inqs (No Reva) on tier 10. Put on your Reva mission mods and open with the heal on either GI or 9th to put evasion up on everyone, then spam AOEs. Took about 10 tries but eventually it fell into place.
    Jacgul wrote: »
    Lumiya wrote: »
    Easy red crate with Lord Vader (no ultimate) and Inqs (no Reva). This seemed hard at first but since the Gungans are quite new, you need to get accustomed to them. Initially, I wanted to settle down for 8th box which is not that hard to get.

Easy if you have LV and the Inqs maybe. I am at 7.7M, I have SEE, SLKR and Leia and would consider my roster to be quite good and it is not possible.

I don't even expect Red crate but seriously, if 3 different GLs and other strong squads get destroyed like they are nothing, it is definitely a sign that this GC is not "normal" compared to usually (GG from last time doesn't count as that was indeed a bug)

I managed the last tier with Rey, R2, Drogan, CRex, and Old Ben - Leia can do it, might just need a few attempts.

How'd you manage that? Mine usually get locked behind jarjar, but even if tarpals get death mark, nothing kills him

I honestly don't remember - I button mashed and retried until it worked. I wish I had better advice.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options
    I use Leia, Drogan, Han and Chewy at t 10, for now I won 3 times in a row. Start with Leia’s middle ability at Boss Nass and disrupt his protection, then kill him. Next you could go for shield or other gungans.

LV, GI, Vader, 7s, 9s for empire feat (I was lucky to beat t10 at first try, but can’t repeat this)
  • Morgoth01
    524 posts Member
    Options
    I'm clearly the minority, but this GC didn't bother me much.

I do agree that the toons are nearing book lenght for abilities, leads, uniques etc. so getting to be a bit of a bother to understand why some things don't work, but that's quite unrelated to the GC itself.

For this one I just threw in Reva, GI, 7th, 8th, 5th and won in like 5 turns. Removed 5th brother for undersize.
    Tried a few things for out of turn attacks, went with Leia, R2, Drogan, CRex, Old Ben.
    Whole process took like 10 minutes.
  • herd_nerfer
    2098 posts Member
    Options
    I use Leia, Drogan, Han and Chewy at t 10, for now I won 3 times in a row. Start with Leia’s middle ability at Boss Nass and disrupt his protection, then kill him. Next you could go for shield or other gungans.

LV, GI, Vader, 7s, 9s for empire feat (I was lucky to beat t10 at first try, but can’t repeat this)

That leia team worked great - Red crate achieved. Thanks!
  • Options
  • Options
    At this point I'm assuming CG wants us to stop playing this game. So, they're pulling nonsense like this and hoping we'll go away.
  • Options
    impossible to play, even with a legend, you can't win
  • Options
    impossible to play, even with a legend, you can't win

Won easily with LV and Inq, as suggested earlier
    all the Jedi say I’m pretty fly for a Qui guy
  • Moorebid
    505 posts Member
    Options
    My Reva team won in about 30 seconds...
  • Moorebid
    505 posts Member
    Options
    Morgoth01 wrote: »
    I'm clearly the minority, but this GC didn't bother me much.

I do agree that the toons are nearing book lenght for abilities, leads, uniques etc. so getting to be a bit of a bother to understand why some things don't work, but that's quite unrelated to the GC itself.

For this one I just threw in Reva, GI, 7th, 8th, 5th and won in like 5 turns. Removed 5th brother for undersize.
    Tried a few things for out of turn attacks, went with Leia, R2, Drogan, CRex, Old Ben.
    Whole process took like 10 minutes.

Did exactly the same, over in under 10m.
    Did not expect threads like these, because it was the easiest GC in a while...
  • Tsfletch
    212 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    Gannon wrote: »
    so the only way to beat it is to unlock LV? sounds like their logic

No. Inqs, SLKR, Leia can work as well.

What SLKR comp? My R9 gets destroyed.
  • Shmoopyz
    135 posts Member
    Options
    I'd be interested to get a peek at the game code. You gotta be doing something seriously wrong for basic logic of 5v5 turn-basd RPG combat to lag this bad. :s
  • Lumiya
    1582 posts Member
    Options

I already tried that combo several times shortly aftee the GC came out, doesn't work for me. My Han and Chewie are "only" R5 so that might be it... who knows. Ridiculous
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • KDC99X
    762 posts Member
    Options
    JML, JKL, JKR, and one more Jedi (I used JKCK) can get the undersize + attacks out of turn feat pretty easily. Then you just need to do Tier 6 with your best Empire squad to get the gold crate. Take it and move on.
  • scuba
    14182 posts Member
    Options
    Omicrons make it worth.

Your statement, like mine, is opinion. Yours is valid, of course, but it won't convince me.
    Also, this time it gives Gungan shards.

About which I care almost not at all. I collect everything because I play Pokemon style, but the gungan faction and JarJar in particular were abominations in the movies and have been largely -- and wisely -- left out of everything since. I was honestly hoping that JarJar would never come to this game. If he weren't required for the raid, he would be left at g12+0, where I leave all the junk.

https://gizmodo.com/the-new-star-wars-aftermath-novel-reveals-the-pitiful-1792481018
  • Options
    I took the T8 reward. 2 omis and not banging my head trying to get red
  • borg2
    10 posts Member
    Options
    And it's bugged because if you kill all the gungans without taking out the generator, sudden whirlwinds, the generator sticks around and you have to defeat it.

how could you defeat the generator? You have to focus always on boss nass.....this event is very bad designed
  • Screerider
    1459 posts Member
    Options
    borg2 wrote: »
    how could you defeat the generator? You have to focus always on boss nass.....this event is very bad designed
    AoEs

• StarSon
    7529 posts Member
    Options
    Tsfletch wrote: »

What SLKR comp? My R9 gets destroyed.

The one I saw was SLKR KRU Wat Armorer
  • Jacgul
    283 posts Member
    Options
    Got the Leia, drogan, r3, han and chewie team to work
  • Options

INQ without Reva is not working for me.
  • herd_nerfer
    2098 posts Member
    Options
    rickertron wrote: »

I had to use my Reva mission mods - GI, 7th, 8th, 9th, 5th. Open with 7th heal to put evasion up on everyone then spam AOEs. Took lots of tries but it worked. All my inqs are R7.

Lots of the incoming damage is max health based damage from all the exposes - minimizing health and maximizing protection on everyone as per the Reva SM is a smart play and the turn order and additional crit avoid works well too. The trick is getting enough dodges to keep everyone alive long enough to get their AOEs done. Once everyone has taken a turn, the shield generator should be gone and you've got a little room to work.
  • Options

I had to use my Reva mission mods - GI, 7th, 8th, 9th, 5th. Open with 7th heal to put evasion up on everyone then spam AOEs. Took lots of tries but it worked. All my inqs are R7.

Lots of the incoming damage is max health based damage from all the exposes - minimizing health and maximizing protection on everyone as per the Reva SM is a smart play and the turn order and additional crit avoid works well too. The trick is getting enough dodges to keep everyone alive long enough to get their AOEs done. Once everyone has taken a turn, the shield generator should be gone and you've got a little room to work.

I can get the sheild generator down, than GI gets marked I dont take another turn and the Gungans one shot everybody.
  • Options
    My issue with this GC is that the Safe Haven Global modifier, is a large advantage for the Gungans with no disadvantage whatsoever to the Gungans and provides no benefit to the player squad. Without Safe Haven, the event would be a little more playable, still difficult but would have a fighting chance.
  • KDC99X
    762 posts Member
    Options
    Ugh, yes... combining with Safe Haven is real nasty work...
    My issue with this GC is that the Safe Haven Global modifier, is a large advantage for the Gungans with no disadvantage whatsoever to the Gungans and provides no benefit to the player squad. Without Safe Haven, the event would be a little more playable, still difficult but would have a fighting chance.
  • Options
    Is this a standard Gungan team or are they supercharged? Haven't fought them before so don't really know if this is normal. With shard drops will be pretty close to getting them 7*, if they are like this in GAC with a few top teams that can beat them are they worth chasing?
  • Options

Drawing a blank but who is R3?
  • Options

Drawing a blank but who is R3?

ovdqz3invqe1.png
  • StarSon
    7529 posts Member
    Options
    Is this a standard Gungan team or are they supercharged? Haven't fought them before so don't really know if this is normal. With shard drops will be pretty close to getting them 7*, if they are like this in GAC with a few top teams that can beat them are they worth chasing?

Supercharged a bit. The omicrons are active as well as the modifiers and stat buffs.
  • herd_nerfer
    2098 posts Member
    Options

I can get the sheild generator down, than GI gets marked I dont take another turn and the Gungans one shot everybody.

Yeah, that's where the RNG and the retries comes in - Even with the modding and turn-order right you're still relying on things to fall into place.

I got determined and kept trying and eventually it just worked.

I was ready to walk away from this one but I guess my determination got the better of me and I ended up with red crate. It was still frustrating and annoying but at least I got my slicing mats.